PDA

View Full Version : Camby & Kaman

rico
08-25-2008, 04:22 AM
Does anyone else besides me not get this? Both great players, but CENTERS. My assumption is they will be playing both of them at the same time.
Do you think this is a good move? Or should they trade one (most likely camby) for someone who can help the clippers out in a more needed position?

What say you? Also if you want after the poll put who they should get in place of the most likely camby if you dont think he is a good fit.

Hellcrooner
08-25-2008, 04:26 AM
I think they should make a call to Toronto where they have two powerfowards playing at the same time :p

rico
08-25-2008, 04:30 AM
heh do a lil swap? hehe.

LakerzDQ
08-25-2008, 04:45 AM
Camby's very athletic, he is as fast as any other PF's in the league. Chris Kaman isn't too slow either, for a center I mean.

on defense, they'll work well together, I think.

Chronz
08-25-2008, 04:49 AM
Well I know a few people who didnt think Camby was the Nuggets center when Nene was around so I dont see it being a problem.

lavis
08-25-2008, 05:25 AM
I don't think it's the greatest twin tower set ever.. In the defensive end for sure. But if either one had any range, they'd be deadly.

hockeypro68
08-25-2008, 05:37 AM
I don't see it being a problem at all, I think they'll make it work and it'll work well. If however, trading Camby was something Clippers wanted to do, I'd hope for maybe Vince Carter or someone like that, on a losing team.

NYstateofMinD
08-25-2008, 09:57 AM
Marcus Camby used to play PF when he came into the league and was on the Knicks when they had Patrick Ewing...he's very athletic and Chris Kaman was having a great year before injuries of course.

_Sn1P3r_
08-25-2008, 10:28 AM
On offense I see Kaman being down low an Camby at the top of the key just waiting to shoot it. And on D, they could wait on either side of the key for that block. They could work out I think.

RapsFan4Life
08-25-2008, 10:41 AM
I think they should make a call to Toronto where they have two powerfowards playing at the same time :p

ill definetly make a trade for bargniani to clippers and in return get kaman or camby, Calagelo will even throw in joey graham for salary

RapsFan4Life
08-25-2008, 10:45 AM
defensivly they will have problems .. i think they will pick up fouls on guys quicker then them which most PF's are ... take Chris Bosh or David West or any versitility pfs who can drive and shoot rather then the low post pfs like elton brand or tim duncan ... kaman and camby will not be able to keep up with the athletisim of quicker pf's .. defently not going to guard any were close to the three and other then low post defense and blocking and toughness they do not have lateral quicks or strong help rotations (both too slow) .. i think their defense will not look fluid and offesen defently not smooth, pfs can guard them .. neither are giant presents in the pain, kaman will play well but camby having to be a pf (has to create more of his own shots) will be impossible for him

$ NyC $
08-25-2008, 10:48 AM
i think people aren't giving Camby enough props...dude's athletic..

on offense they aren't going 2 be a 1 2 punch but they're good for 28 points a game...but on defense...they're good for 28 rebounds a game loll..and throw in 6 blocks and hey...got crazy GREAT WALL..

Nets fan 93
08-25-2008, 10:51 AM
seems good to me

kylem4711
08-25-2008, 11:05 AM
camby isn't a center he is a pf

JordansBulls
08-25-2008, 11:05 AM
I don't see the problem in this. Camby is easily able to play PF.

IndiansFan337
08-25-2008, 11:31 AM
I don't think that the Clippers acquired Camby to ship him out.

If they are to move a C it would probably be Kaman, because of his bigger, long term contract.

SIN3ITY
08-25-2008, 11:42 AM
i wish they'd send camby back to Ny!!!!
Damn scott layden!!!

mariotubes
08-25-2008, 12:01 PM
theyll figure it out

AllTheWay
08-25-2008, 12:04 PM
They'll be fine, Camby is athletic enough for it to work.

Plus, running a slow tempo'd offense(i.e. the pistons) would really work to the clips advantage.

zamudio_jorge
08-25-2008, 12:45 PM
i dont think kaman and camby can play together. i post this trade idea a few months ago.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=125~847~510~1027&teams=14~25~12~14&te=&cash=

imagine baron playing fast basketball with ricky al marion (play pf with suns) and kaman

the heat nice starting 5 watson wade beasley haslem and camby

and okc just thomas and maybe with a future 2nd round pick from clippers or something (at this time okc need a backup pg if they trade watson when i post this trade idea ridnour was the backup) and similar stats in points

everybody wins or at least nobody lost.

mitch91
08-25-2008, 12:57 PM
i think this is kinda dumb. everybody seems to know that camby will play PF and it will not be a problem at all. anybody who thinks it ould be a problem doesnt no basketball. but for some reason if it were a problem it would not be because of them "both being centers" it would maybe be because they will both be in the paint together alot or maybe because camby is getting old. personally i dont think there will be a problem but if there was it would not be because they are both centers!

Z-ray21
08-25-2008, 12:58 PM
i thought the heat should have traded for camby in the first place because the clippers virtually got him for nothing

POZUNO
08-25-2008, 12:59 PM
ill definetly make a trade for bargniani to clippers and in return get kaman or camby, Calagelo will even throw in joey graham for salary

No thanks. How about Bargniani for Tim Thomas and an OG signed Bob Mcadoo jersey? I'll even throw in a mint condition Michael Olowokandi rookie card just for kicks homie.:D

Nighthawk
08-25-2008, 01:11 PM
this poll is almost is almost pointless. Camby is one of the most athletic big men in the league. Camby or Kaman i think can both play PF an C. Which ever way they play them i think the clippers will be solid. Baron Davis is a premier pg in this league. Thornton is a young player with MEGA upside. Clippers defense will be top 10 next year. I think they can fight for the 8th seed. Blazers have potential but Oden is coming off an huge injury and there still young.

CELTICS4LYFE
08-25-2008, 01:59 PM
i think kaman is more of a pf anyway

mitch91
08-25-2008, 02:04 PM
this poll is almost is almost pointless. Camby is one of the most athletic big men in the league. Camby or Kaman i think can both play PF an C. Which ever way they play them i think the clippers will be solid. Baron Davis is a premier pg in this league. Thornton is a young player with MEGA upside. Clippers defense will be top 10 next year. I think they can fight for the 8th seed. Blazers have potential but Oden is coming off an huge injury and there still young.

thank you! somebody who agrees with me!

Lone Maverick
08-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Yeah I think they will play fine together. Both are athletic enough to swap positions depending on who they face.

Reezy
08-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Marcus Camby used to play PF when he came into the league and was on the Knicks when they had Patrick Ewing...he's very athletic and Chris Kaman was having a great year before injuries of course.
Yep, and he played Forward on UMass as well.

Cracka2HI!
08-25-2008, 03:37 PM
I don't see it being much of a problem. They compliment each other well on both sides of the ball. The only problem will be guarding athletic PF's on the perimeter. I'm OK with letting the other teams PF try to beat us 20 feet from the hoop! That said I do think its a fair statement to say we could be looking to deal Camby for more of a PF. 2 names that come to mind are Marion and Sheed.

Here's a thread in the Clipper Forum where we discussed this topic in depth.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261583

Cavs_Fan24
08-25-2008, 04:32 PM
the Clips will wait, see how it goes then trade him around deadline time if it isnt working out, but i think it will.

JIDsanity
08-25-2008, 04:50 PM
They don't need to trade Kaman, but if the right player came along do it

ShaunRiching9
08-26-2008, 03:30 PM
i wouldnt trade either of them yet

RapsFan4Life
08-26-2008, 03:50 PM
No thanks. How about Bargniani for Tim Thomas and an OG signed Bob Mcadoo jersey? I'll even throw in a mint condition Michael Olowokandi rookie card just for kicks homie.:D

so let me get this straight u want to give me Tim Thomas, a signed jersey and a kandi rook card ...
for Bargniani

you have a deal brutha! :), ps i think you are getting ripped of, i would have done it just for the jersey and the card no tim haha

IndyRealist
08-26-2008, 04:06 PM
defensivly they will have problems .. i think they will pick up fouls on guys quicker then them which most PF's are ... take Chris Bosh or David West or any versitility pfs who can drive and shoot rather then the low post pfs like elton brand or tim duncan ... kaman and camby will not be able to keep up with the athletisim of quicker pf's .. defently not going to guard any were close to the three and other then low post defense and blocking and toughness they do not have lateral quicks or strong help rotations (both too slow) .. i think their defense will not look fluid and offesen defently not smooth, pfs can guard them .. neither are giant presents in the pain, kaman will play well but camby having to be a pf (has to create more of his own shots) will be impossible for him

Apparently you didn't watch last year's playoffs, when Marcus Camby was guarding Kobe "I'm the best player in the world" Bryant on the perimeter. Worked just fine except they then didn't have any interior defense. Camby kept up with Kobe, he can keep up with any PF in the league.

Camby is not a weapon offensively, for that you have Kaman. Camby's help defense is best in the league, you don't rack up that many blocks against the person you're guarding, you get them by helping off your man and rotating to the shooter. He's quick and tough, he just doesn't look for his own shot. With Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, and Chris Kaman on the team, does anyone really think Camby will have to shoot, ever?

Jay22Redd
08-26-2008, 04:17 PM
keep both, one is really good on Offense and both are good on defense.

nbafan19
08-27-2008, 12:32 AM
Both great players. Camby most likely will be playing Center and Kaman playing Power Forward. Clippers will be a better team, but most likely won't make the playoffs.

Davisayan
08-27-2008, 04:11 AM
I picked they don't need to C's but if i was the GM i would see how it plays out first before trading camby away.

hockeypro68
08-27-2008, 05:16 AM
They'll be fine, Camby is athletic enough for it to work.

Plus, running a slow tempo'd offense(i.e. the pistons) would really work to the clips advantage.

I disagree. The acquisition of Baron Davis and the fact the Thornton is going to be a full time starter would make me think that the Clippers are going to be much more of a running team than they were before. Elton Brand could not run. Can not run. He's great, but he's a halfcourt player. I think both Camby and Kaman can hustle when they have to, and they're going to be RIDICULOUS defensively.

yankeesown69
08-27-2008, 07:41 AM
one of the two if not both camby and kaman, will get hurt so they'll end up playing a normal lineup with only 1 of them playing

NYKnickFanatic
08-27-2008, 08:10 AM
Ill give you Z-Bo for Camby.

:D

RapsFan4Life
08-27-2008, 08:15 AM
Apparently you didn't watch last year's playoffs, when Marcus Camby was guarding Kobe "I'm the best player in the world" Bryant on the perimeter. Worked just fine except they then didn't have any interior defense. Camby kept up with Kobe, he can keep up with any PF in the league.

Camby is not a weapon offensively, for that you have Kaman. Camby's help defense is best in the league, you don't rack up that many blocks against the person you're guarding, you get them by helping off your man and rotating to the shooter. He's quick and tough, he just doesn't look for his own shot. With Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, and Chris Kaman on the team, does anyone really think Camby will have to shoot, ever?

if you can defend kobe out on the perimeter without picking up fouls then you are a premier perimiter defender in the league, and that definetly describes Camby... why dont u guys just play him at SG and get him to lock down tracy,kobe,vince etc.

and there are quicker PF's who will expose camby to be a center ... he may be able to defend for a short time, but he will pick up fouls and get tired

illastrate
08-27-2008, 12:58 PM

Agreed. Camby started his career as a PF, but due to the lack of big men in the league, he gradually moved to C. There's no question he can play either position. And as for scoring, with Baron, Thornton, Ricky Davis, Kaman, Gordon, Mobley, much won't be needed from Camby.

The 8th seed is possible, and I think Blazers will get the 7th seed.