Cuz he's a racist.

Beno7500
08-25-2008, 03:45 AM
Cuz he's a racist.

How?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 04:02 AM
How?

becuz his dumbass rule of tha no head-wear (du rags, baseball hats etc.) no jewlery, no sneakers, when entering or leaving tha arena. who were tha players dressing in du rags and sneakers? Allen Iverson, Jermaine O'Neal and i can think of a few others as well. Also the rule where you hafta be 365 outta HS, where as for pro tennis, baseball, hockey, golf... kids can be drafted right after graduation.

Maybe racist isn't tha word... Paternalistic maybe? Is that better?

Beno7500
08-25-2008, 04:27 AM
He was just trying to clean up the sidelines and get the kids out of the NBA.
I hate David Stern as much as the next guy, but those aren't very good reasons.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 04:30 AM
He was just trying to clean up the sidelines and get the kids out of the NBA.
I hate David Stern as much as the next guy, but those aren't very good reasons.

OHH but it's ok for an 18 year old kid to carry a gun and go to war... but NOT ok to play basketball?

Sorry you don't like my response but, you asked for us to "rant" on why we "hated" David Stern didn't you?

In 2005 when that rule was issued you do relize that tha 2 prior Rookie's of tha Year were two players outta High School... Amare in 03' and LeBron in 04' (although i don't agree LeBron shoulda won ROY... but thats a whole nother argument.

oh and can I ask you what do you mean by "Cleaning up the sidelines"??

Beno7500
08-25-2008, 04:33 AM
OHH but it's ok for an 18 year old kid to carry a gun and go to war... but NOT ok to play basketball?

Sorry you don't like my response but, you asked for us to "rant" on why we "hated" David Stern didn't you?

Yes I did.

And yes it is ok for an 18 year old to carry a gun to war. He is doing it to protect our country. You don't play basketball to defend a country.

Beno7500
08-25-2008, 04:33 AM
And why even bring war into a discussion of this type?

Hellcrooner
08-25-2008, 04:41 AM
I hate stern because he is a Jew.

Hellcrooner
08-25-2008, 04:41 AM
ghahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha, IT WAS A JOKE;,, i just wanted all of you to have a big WTF momentum :D

Hellcrooner
08-25-2008, 04:42 AM
and i agree he is a racist, and thats one of the saddest things to be in the world, Race or religion should never be an issue NEVER.

Beno7500
08-25-2008, 04:44 AM
I hate stern because he is a Jew.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hellcrooner
08-25-2008, 04:46 AM
Yep :D sad thing is there is some people out there that would say the same and meaning it :(

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 04:46 AM
Yes I did.

And yes it is ok for an 18 year old to carry a gun to war. He is doing it to protect our country. You don't play basketball to defend a country.

I'm bringin war into this discussion as an example... somthing your not using. Listen to youself... you really really beleive it's more ok to go and kill people than it is to play basketball?? Even if it is in War... Killing should never be OK.

you never answered me by wat you mean by "cleaning up the sidelines"

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 04:48 AM
and i agree he is a racist, and thats one of the saddest things to be in the world, Race or religion should never be an issue NEVER.

Thanx for agreeing. :)

S.J.Basketball
08-25-2008, 04:49 AM
becuz his dumbass rule of tha no head-wear (du rags, baseball hats etc.) no jewlery, no sneakers, when entering or leaving tha arena. who were tha players dressing in du rags and sneakers? Allen Iverson, Jermaine O'Neal and i can think of a few others as well. Also the rule where you hafta be 365 outta HS, where as for pro tennis, baseball, hockey, golf... kids can be drafted right after graduation.

Maybe racist isn't tha word... Paternalistic maybe? Is that better?

Yea I guess forcing them to dress like adult men instead of fake rapper thug morons was a racist move. Pfffftttt....

Who cares about the one year out of high school rule? Maybe they'll(everyone...black or white) try to get good grades and go to college instead of leaving their brains back in 6th grade when it was the last time they actually had to earn their grade instead of it being given to them.

S.J.Basketball
08-25-2008, 04:53 AM

That's the dumbest argument I've ever heard! Who gives a damn if you can do that?!?!?! That's the U.S. Government and not the NBA!! The NBA is actually looking out for kids as opposed to the government taking kids as soon as possible and sending them to war. You actually made a positive point FOR the NBA. Congrats.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 04:55 AM
That's the dumbest argument I've ever heard!

Prove to me how it is?? would you sir want your kids putting they're lives on the line to fight a War they might not even support?

S.J.Basketball
08-25-2008, 04:57 AM
Prove to me how it is?? would you sir want your kids putting they're lives on the line to fight a War they might not even support?

Read above^^^^^ and you're going waayyy off topic...this is a sports forum and the topic is David Stern!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 04:58 AM
Yea I guess forcing them to dress like adult men instead of fake rapper thug morons was a racist move. Pfffftttt....

Who cares about the one year out of high school rule? Maybe they'll(everyone...black or white) try to get good grades and go to college instead of leaving their brains back in 6th grade when it was the last time they actually had to earn on grade instead of it being given to them.

You kno alot of these NBA players grew up in urban communities, where they dress and talk tha way they do becuase thats what they are always around. so why take that away from them?

In High School your a Studen-Athlete... STUDENT and then an Athlete, you hafta to maintain atleast a C avg if im not mistaken in order to play. so a C is good enough to get you into college. so your argument about that does quit hold up.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 04:58 AM
Read above^^^^^ and you're going waayyy off topic...this is a sports forum and the topic is David Stern!

I was giving you an EXAMPLE!!!!!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 05:01 AM
if your old enough to go to War at 18... you should be old enough to play basketball.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 05:03 AM
[QUOTE=S.J.Basketball;6403776]That's the dumbest argument I've ever heard! Who gives a damn if you can do that?!?!?! That's the U.S. Government and not the NBA!! The NBA is actually looking out for kids as opposed to the government taking kids as soon as possible and sending them to war. You actually made a positive point FOR the NBA. Congrats.[/QUOT

DAVID STERN DOESNT CARE ABOUT THEYRE EDUCATION!!!!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 05:04 AM
but education is always the best way to go.

S.J.Basketball
08-25-2008, 05:04 AM
Who gives a damn where who came from? They're representatives and the face of the NBA. How they dress reflects on the NBA and they're making MILLIONS playing a GAME! So yea if Stern wants them to look professional instead of dressing like a stupid thug he has every right to and there's nothing racist about it.

S.J.Basketball
08-25-2008, 05:07 AM
if your old enough to go to War at 18... you should be old enough to play basketball.

You obviously missed my point. They're two unrelated things. You're not making a point...at all. Quit comparing them. You can say that about anything. It has NOTHING to do with the NBA. Go protest against our government in front of Congress or the Whitehouse.

It's a terrible argument to make and has nothing to do with Stern.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 05:07 AM
Who gives a damn where who came from? They're representatives and the face of the NBA. How they dress reflects on the NBA and they're making MILLIONS playing a GAME! So yea if Stern wants them to look professional instead of dressing like a stupid thug he has every right to and there's nothing racist about it.

Why go OUT OF YOUR WAY to change tha dress code though?? you dont find anything racist about classifying an African-American male as a "stupid thug"?

S.J.Basketball
08-25-2008, 05:11 AM
[QUOTE=S.J.Basketball;6403776]That's the dumbest argument I've ever heard! Who gives a damn if you can do that?!?!?! That's the U.S. Government and not the NBA!! The NBA is actually looking out for kids as opposed to the government taking kids as soon as possible and sending them to war. You actually made a positive point FOR the NBA. Congrats.[/QUOT

DAVID STERN DOESNT CARE ABOUT THEYRE EDUCATION!!!!

It doesn't matter what Stern cares about. The reasoning behind the decision does involve education and also gives kids a chance to develop and see if the NBA is really something they can make it in or if they should pursue their education and prepare for their future in something else.

S.J.Basketball
08-25-2008, 05:14 AM
Why go OUT OF YOUR WAY to change tha dress code though?? you dont find anything racist about classifying an African-American male as a "stupid thug"?

No. A stupid thug is a stupid thug...regardless of skin color. My point is you have to dress professionally. Period. And if any Blacks wanna cry racism cuz they can't wear their do-rags or chains that's their problem...not sterns. By the way...not every black person is AFRICAN-AMERICAN either.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 05:15 AM
[QUOTE=AIMelo=KillaDUO;6403797]

It doesn't matter what Stern cares about. The reasoning behind the decision does involve education and also gives kids a chance to develop and see if the NBA is really something they can make it in or if they should pursue their education and prepare for their future in something else.

wat do you mean it doesnt matter wat stern cares about?? He's tha one who made tha rule!!!!

A chance to develope is good point but you do relise that tha two prior rookies of the year were two high schoolers? Amare and LeBron...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 05:17 AM
No. A stupid thug is a stupid thug...regardless of skin color. My point is you have to dress professionally. Period. And if any Blacks wanna cry racism cuz they can't wear their do-rags or chains that's their problem...not sterns. By the way...not every black person is AFRICAN-AMERICAN either.

I'm not saying all blacks are african-american... The NBA players i was refering to earlier, are. Cry about racism? it's a serious topic... it is sterns problem tho he made the rule.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 05:20 AM
Would you call Dirk a thug? how about Yao... or andrew Bogut?

S.J.Basketball
08-25-2008, 05:22 AM
Stern is the boss. It's not his problem. What job do you know where you make millions being paid by a big company is it okay to dress in do-rags and thug clothing? Seriously? They get paid millions of dollars. Telling them to dress professional isn't racist.

S.J.Basketball
08-25-2008, 05:23 AM
Would you call Dirk a thug? how about Yao... or andrew Bogut?

Sure. Show me dirk wearing chains, a do-rag, and looking like completely unprofessional and I would.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 05:26 AM
Stern is the boss. It's not his problem. What job do you know where you make millions being paid by a big company is it okay to dress in do-rags and thug clothing? Seriously? They get paid millions of dollars. Telling them to dress professional isn't racist.

I Understand that... but, why didnt he make this rule when he first became tha commisioner?

He had to wait until people started making a big deal about Iverson and Jermaine O'Neal, and Melo and RIP wearing they're earings and sneakers, or "Thug Clothing" as you would say.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 05:28 AM
Sure. Show me dirk wearing chains, a do-rag, and looking like completely unprofessional and I would.

So your definition of a thug is a person who wears chains and do-rags? you sir, are very naive and ignorant.

barreleffact
08-25-2008, 05:28 AM
look...as afar as david stern being a racist, idk. He did choose MJ to be the face of the league. the decision to make the nba more professional was racist, but not in the sense that most are argueing. it was racist in the sense that most money in america will come from wealthy white peolple, and he didnt want them to see a league as less respectable than it could be. Do I blame him? no. im black and I would have too. they can all afford it.

the 1 year out of school thing too can be taken either way. I completely agreed with the dress code. However, completely disagree with this rule. Why do people go to college? To make money. WTH would I need to earn a degree to make less money than a base pay in the NBA is? That is moronic. As an athlete, you are 1 injury away from your career ending. If that happens when you arent under contract, then you get no money. Ask greg Oden and Amare how they feel about the fact that they waited, got drafted and then all of a sudden, hey, I cant play. You could argue that urban blacks cant get good grades, and their communites are against them as they are more likely to go to jail than graduate college, and I'd agree. that rule hurts us more than anyone else. Is he a racist? IDK..that isnt why I hate him though, because he is a business man first. Even a racist business man puts money 1st

S.J.Basketball
08-25-2008, 05:31 AM
You make a rule when it becomes and issue. It became an issue. And in light of all the bad publicity the NBA had gotten in recent years when this rule was made, telling them to dress professionally wasn't racist. It gives the NBA a more professional look. That's all.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 05:33 AM
look...as afar as david stern being a racist, idk. He did choose MJ to be the face of the league. the decision to make the nba more professional was racist, but not in the sense that most are argueing. it was racist in the sense that most money in america will come from wealthy white peolple, and he didnt want them to see a league as less respectable than it could be. Do I blame him? no. im black and I would have too. they can all afford it.

the 1 year out of school thing too can be taken either way. I completely agreed with the dress code. However, completely disagree with this rule. Why do people go to college? To make money. WTH would I need to earn a degree to make less money than a base pay in the NBA is? That is moronic. As an athlete, you are 1 injury away from your career ending. If that happens when you arent under contract, then you get no money. Ask greg Oden and Amare how they feel about the fact that they waited, got drafted and then all of a sudden, hey, I cant play. You could argue that urban blacks cant get good grades, and their communites are against them as they are more likely to go to jail than graduate college, and I'd agree. that rule hurts us more than anyone else. Is he a racist? IDK..that isnt why I hate him though, because he is a business man first. Even a racist business man puts money 1st

I Agree with all of your points.

He made MJ tha face of the NBA becuz he had no choice... he's the best basketball player on tha planet.

S.J.Basketball
08-25-2008, 05:35 AM
So your definition of a thug is a person who wears chains and do-rags? you sir, are very naive and ignorant.

Seriously? Are you herding a bunch of camels in a desert? That's the only time you should wear one. Chains and do-rags are thug whether you like it or not.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 05:39 AM
You make a rule when it becomes and issue. It became an issue. And in light of all the bad publicity the NBA had gotten in recent years when this rule was made, telling them to dress professionally wasn't racist. It gives the NBA a more professional look. That's all.

Why is it an issue? Who is Carmelo or AI urting while wearing a necklace, and sneakers?

He was 19 when he came into tha league. They're still tha same people weather they're wearing a pair Doc Martins and an Armani suit, or Air Force Ones, and a White Tee. they're still tha same people... are you gonna love them any more or any less when they wear a suit?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 05:41 AM
Seriously? Are you herding a bunch of camels in a desert? That's the only time you should wear one. Chains and do-rags are thug whether you like it or not.

HAHA no i dont herd camels in a desert, but thanx for asking... lol. People wear du rags to keep theyre hair back or train they;re hair to go back. As for Jermaine O'neal, AI, Melo, Rip they all have or did have braids.... wearing a du rag keeps tha braids intact otherwise they frizzy.

barreleffact
08-25-2008, 05:42 AM

tell me a better way to get waves than du-rags. and chains are no different from rings, bracelets, neclaces, and other jewelry. they are just more of a cultural thing. you do sound pretty ignorant S.J.B and this is coming from a man who is pro your professionalism argument. plus, his 18 at war thing did make sense. granted, it was more government based, but if 18 is considered grown, then you should be able to work w/e. but like you said the nba isnt run by the gov't and the 1 year rule doesnt really matter as much. now people will go to europe and actually get paid to play...thats a practice the NCAA needs to resolve. students basically try out for the league but get no money from a billion dollar industry.

S.J.Basketball
08-25-2008, 05:44 AM
Why is it an issue? Who is Carmelo or AI urting while wearing a necklace, and sneakers?

He was 19 when he came into tha league. They're still tha same people weather they're wearing a pair Doc Martins and an Armani suit, or Air Force Ones, and a White Tee. they're still tha same people... are you gonna love them any more or any less when they wear a suit?

You're missing the point. It's to LOOK professional. I don't know how many times or ways I have to explain it. This has nothing to do with them as a person. Stern wants every NBA player black or white representing the NBA in a PROFESSIONAL manner and dressing up PROFESSIONALLY is part of that.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 05:49 AM
You're missing the point. It's to LOOK professional. I don't know how many times or ways I have to explain it. This has nothing to do with them as a person. Stern wants every NBA player black or white representing the NBA in a PROFESSIONAL manner and dressing up PROFESSIONALLY is part of that.

Are you sure that wat David Stern wants? I don't think so.... thats why I said he was a racist. Love me or hate me

S.J.Basketball
08-25-2008, 05:50 AM
tell me a better way to get waves than du-rags. and chains are no different from rings, bracelets, neclaces, and other jewelry. they are just more of a cultural thing. you do sound pretty ignorant S.J.B and this is coming from a man who is pro your professionalism argument. plus, his 18 at war thing did make sense. granted, it was more government based, but if 18 is considered grown, then you should be able to work w/e. but like you said the nba isnt run by the gov't and the 1 year rule doesnt really matter as much. now people will go to europe and actually get paid to play...thats a practice the NCAA needs to resolve. students basically try out for the league but get no money from a billion dollar industry.

I'll give you waves, but that's it. And cmon man...I'm not talking regular chains. I even have a little one. We all saw ridiculous gigantic bling that used to be worn. Gimmie a break.

And no...the whole gov't analogy and argument didn't make sense at all. Take any argument based college class or join a debate team even and present that exact argument and they'll laugh their a$-$es off.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 05:51 AM
BUT who was David stern directing this rule to?? you said yourself Dirk wasnt wearing tha chains and sneakers...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 05:53 AM
I'll give you waves, but that's it. And cmon man...I'm not talking regular chains. I even have a little one. We all saw ridiculous gigantic bling that used to be worn. Gimmie a break.

And no...the whole gov't analogy and argument didn't make sense at all. Take any argument based college class or join a debate team even and present that exact argument and they'll laugh their a$-$es off.

these players wanna buy those gigantic chains to show how far they've come. Why take that away from them?

S.J.Basketball
08-25-2008, 05:55 AM
He was directing it to all since EVERYONE has to dress professionally. Like I said before...if blacks want to cry and wipe their tears with the millions of dollars their making and say Stern was racist that is THEIR problem. It has nothing to do with race. When you represent the NBA...you will dress accordingly and as a professional.

S.J.Basketball
08-25-2008, 05:57 AM
these players wanna buy those gigantic chains to show how far they've come. Why take that away from them?

Completely and utterly ridiculous...as if being in the NBA and KNOWING you're making millions isn't enough. Not a good argument. They can wear it at home, at a club, anywhere or when they're on their downtime, but on the job at a game or in post game interviews they will dress professionally. I don't see how you're not getting this.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 05:58 AM
But it wasnt tha white players who were doing this... So he directed it at tha black players he wanted them to dress like him. and for as long as it's "their" problem, Well.... David stern will be viewed as a racist. Atleast in my eyes.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 06:02 AM
Completely and utterly ridiculous...as if being in the NBA and KNOWING you're making millions isn't enough. Not a good argument. They can wear it at home, at a club, anywhere or when they're on their downtime, but on the job at a game or in post game interviews they will dress professionally. I don't see how you're not getting this.

I am getting it but what im telling you is that, thats not who some of these players are!! so why make them into puppets?? damn...

What do you mean making millions isnt enough?
it obviously is enough when they can afford a $20,000 dollar chain... of course average joes such as you and i, see thats alot of money, to NBA players it's not. and if i had a $20 million dollar check in my mail box every year, please beleive i would have one as well. maybe even 3.

S.J.Basketball
08-25-2008, 06:04 AM
It's not a racism thing. Telling players to dress professionally isn't racist. And how do you know other players of other races weren't affected by this? It doesn't matter what color you are.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 06:07 AM
It's not a racism thing. Telling players to dress professionally isn't racist. And how do you know other players of other races weren't affected by this? It doesn't matter what color you are.

BECUZ tha white players didn't wear baseball caps, or "gigantic" chains. David stern directed this at tha black players and you know it.

S.J.Basketball
08-25-2008, 06:09 AM
I am getting it but what im telling you is that, thats not who some of these players are!! so why make them into puppets?? damn...

What do you mean making millions isnt enough?
it obviously is enough when they can afford a $20,000 dollar chain... of course average joes such as you and i, see thats alot of money, to NBA players it's not. and if i had a $20 million dollar check in my mail box every year, please beleive i would have one as well. maybe even 3.

No..you're not getting it. Who cares who these players are? When you're on the JOB you present yourself as a PROFESSIONAL. They can do whatever they want OFF the job. Who they ARE has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. Puppets? Yea they're making 20 million playing a damn game like you said and they're puppets?? Wow.

Buying chains? What is this a rap video?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 06:09 AM
and how do I kno none of tha white players were affected? Becuase it wasn't a white player who called out David Stern.

S.J.Basketball
08-25-2008, 06:12 AM
and how do I kno none of tha white players were affected? Becuase it wasn't a white player who called out David Stern.

That goes to show whoever called them out is a cry baby and should be fired.

Go into the real world and keep it real and call your boss a racist for not letting you be who you are with you wearing a do-rag, chains, baggy pants and tell him you won't be his puppet. See how long you last at ANY JOB. This argument is going in circles.

fredv
08-25-2008, 06:13 AM
I hate stern because he is a cheater and is all about money and nothing else.

Lakersfan2483
08-25-2008, 06:14 AM
I don't necessarily see Stern as a racist, more of an opportunist and although I disagree with some of the things he has done, overall he's done a decent job with the NBA. Compare the issues the NBA has with the NFL and MLB, it's not even close.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
Ok... well I can only tell you my thoughts, I'm not gonna change your mind. but how can sit in front of your little computer and tell me that race played absolutley NO ROLL in tha NBA dress-code and tha Draft Age Limit, when tha NHL, MLB and a few other sports players are eligible for tha draft tha day they graduate.

S.J.Basketball
I don't necessarily see Stern as a racist, more of an opportunist and although I disagree with some of the things he has done, overall he's done a decent job with the NBA. Compare the issues the NBA has with the NFL and MLB, it's not even close.

Agreed.

Lakersfan2483
08-25-2008, 06:15 AM
Since Stern took over in the early 80's, the league has boomed and generated billions of dollars. We have a huge international following and we have had many expansion franchises added to the league.

Lakersfan2483
08-25-2008, 06:17 AM
I myself am Black, and don't see a problem with the dress code. Also, Charles Barkley, MJ, etc.. have all said the NBA players need to present themselves in a better way, being more professional.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 06:19 AM
I agree they should too... but when tha rule was directed at tha black players, i'm not gonna bite my tounge for anyone.

I would much rather have a problem with players using performence enhancers than racism.
I'm going to sleep now. :yawn:

S.J.Basketball
08-25-2008, 06:23 AM
I agree they should too... but when tha rule was directed at tha black players, i'm not gonna bite my tounge for anyone.

I would much rather have a problem with players using performence enhancers than racism.
I'm going to sleep now. :yawn:

Utterly speechless at this statement...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 06:25 AM
Well i actually would choose to have neither...

_Sn1P3r_
08-25-2008, 10:37 AM
I think the dress code was good. It makes the players look more professional.

And to refer to the name of the thread, he sucks cause he gets the games to be rigged.

bogdanrom
08-25-2008, 10:48 AM
I have no problem with the dress code. What I tought was stupid was that he thought this dress code would make the players not behave bad, that was the stupidest thing ever.

metfan88
08-25-2008, 10:49 AM
i dont hate stern cause i dont know guy, i think he has done a pretty good job as commissioner, the dress code being racist? come on the du rags and hats have nothing to do with being black cause hispanics and white people wear it as well, all that is just for fasion, when your in your arena you show the league that pays you millions of year respect and dignity, the dress code is not a big deal. idk how he is racist if someone could tell me what he has SAID then im all open ears ya digg?
I jus think stern is annoyin as hell looking and his voice bothers me lol
thats about all i can rant on bout him.

Andrew Bogus
08-25-2008, 11:36 AM
let's clear something up. it wasn't just the street clothes, the thug look that was prevented by the dress code - there's also the players' freedom to express themselves. no, it wasn't racist i'm all good with that... but geez, why impose that dress code? really, did it make jamal tinsley look or behave as good or as his dress? and if i'm not mistaken, it wasn't really stern that brought it up. i think it was stu.

anyway, i just hate stern for not putting out there a rule where teams can just terminate a players contract (for whatever reason ie player already waived and is still being paid by mother team).

BTownTeamsRKing
08-25-2008, 11:44 AM
i hate his whole thing about going international. the globalizing of the game is hurting the the current NBA. the league has its own issues and is currently looking to grow.

the 1st thing u learn in business school is wen to expand and wen to stay as u are. u cant grow if u can handle current problems.

i dont like the awful reffing. and i hate the way he dealt with the donaghy situation. saying he is a "rogue ref" and sweeps it away like its nothing.

MassoDio
08-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Stu Jackson was the one who suggested, and put into affect, the dress code. Stern agreed to it, announced it, and has taken all the flack about it. It wasn't based on do rags, "thug" clothing or chains either. The players who wore those are simply the only ones who complained. It was geared towards everyone, players wearing jeans, tshirts and tennis shoes to and from the stadium, and during interviews. Which all players did that. Steve Nash, and Dirk never wore a suit going to and coming from the stadium before the dress code. And Jason Williams, and Mike Miller are both white players, and I have seen both of them either wear a do rag, big chains, hat's backwards. Saying that it is only African American players is naive in iteslf. Are they more predominantly the players wearing that? Yes. Is the league predominantly African Americans? Yes. So it is going to look bad from that standpoint. Try working at a fortune 500 company, and going to work in jeans and a tshirt. They would walk you right back out of the door. All they were telling NBA players is, when you are on the job, which is going to and from the stadium, and in post game interviews, that they would have to look and dress the part of a professional that makes millions of dollars a year.

And as far as the age limit thing. There are as many if not more players that have come out early that are not playing in the NBA, or in any pro league, so bringing up the rookies of the years is meaningless. The NFL has an age limit, no one complains about that. The MLB, and NHL have minor league systems in place to grow these players when they are not ready. The NBA's "minor league" is still in it's infancy stage, and can not provide the same kind of development. Tennis is an individual sport, so it means nothing, same with golf. And the war arguement is ridiculous, and people should stop using it.

MassoDio
08-25-2008, 12:00 PM
And I hate David Stern because of the way he handled the Ref situation. And the fact that he has completely lost touch with what is good for the league, and the game. The rule changes have become absurd, and the game has turned into something more resembling the "sport of ballet" than basketball. If I didn't love basketball as much as I do , I would have stopped watching as soon as the rules started to favor the offensive player more.

AllTheWay
08-25-2008, 12:01 PM
The dress code was the best thing that happened to the NBA in years. Any player wearing a du rag or huge chain usually looked like a total moron. They try and act like thugs when they're not.

The whole point was to make the players look professional. If you can't wear du rags while at your 9 to 5 job, you shouldn't wear them in the NBA. The NBA wants some dignity, they do not want to be known as a league of thugs.

kuppz
08-25-2008, 12:08 PM
This message is for all you idiots who think it's racist to have a dress code. These guys the rule was directed to were all professionals goin 2 work dressed like they would walking around in the street. If I went to work with a chain and du-rag theyd fire my ***. In all honesty this rule shouldnt of even had to be implemented in the first place. All players should have enough respect for themselves and their employers (their team) to present themselves appropriately when at work. Stern and the NBA has to treat these grown adults like kids and make a rule about how you can dress because some can't be responsible to do it for themselves.

RapsFan4Life
08-25-2008, 12:20 PM
bringing alot of forieners into the league yao dirk bogut .. these kind of non usa bread guys .. stern is looking out for them because they have a problem, if they come in a du-rag they will look like complete idiots and if they dont dress like everyone else they will be outcased by players and get beaten up ... stern is trying to build grounds work .. i went to a high school that in my senior year imputted uniforms and if was similar .. i mean set a fair ground, they arent asking anything ridiculus, they dont need to wear speedos or astronaught suits or overalls <yuck ... i mean armani suits and aligator shoes and million dollar cufflings isnt too bad to sit on a private plane for work ...
argument 2. as an nba fan i prefer to watch a guy like kobe play rather then Kevin Durant .. why, the experiance in the player lets him make key decisions including when to shoot drive pass etc. his quickness and versitility as well as weight strength .. alot of factors change for each player depending on what they wanted in high school .. and what they will be in the nba .. making players have that year or after high school gives them a transition, plus im 22, i tihnk its BULL SHY that a kid 17 (lebron) can make a couple million dollars and still cant drink or drive ...
arugment 3 whoever brought up the war story is just not bright ... im from toronto i got my license at 16 .. should every 16 year old be able to play basketball cuz if you can drive a car you should be eligable for the nba ...

i hate david stern because he does not let the nba roll like a compitition, he makes the nba not about basketball but about EVERYTHING else... it is a show to people who watch it .. it is entertainment .. but to me, its hard work, hours in the gym, and a hell of alot of practice
david stern isnt about the extra pass or the jab step turn around fad away, he isnt about taking the charge or the explosive first step ..
Stern is about cool dunks makes money, money, money

Nighthawk
08-25-2008, 12:35 PM
Dress code shouldnt be a problem to anyone. Whats REALLY so bad having to wear a 50,000 suit to an NBA game. You can still look "fly" in a badass suit imo??David Stern has done a good all around job. Has he made mistakes along the way, of course(dress code isnt 1). But what league wont have problems. I think he's been just fine. He does have a face you just wanna punch. :p

pebloemer
08-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Stu Jackson was the one who suggested, and put into affect, the dress code. Stern agreed to it, announced it, and has taken all the flack about it. It wasn't based on do rags, "thug" clothing or chains either. The players who wore those are simply the only ones who complained. It was geared towards everyone, players wearing jeans, tshirts and tennis shoes to and from the stadium, and during interviews. Which all players did that. Steve Nash, and Dirk never wore a suit going to and coming from the stadium before the dress code. And Jason Williams, and Mike Miller are both white players, and I have seen both of them either wear a do rag, big chains, hat's backwards. Saying that it is only African American players is naive in iteslf. Are they more predominantly the players wearing that? Yes. Is the league predominantly African Americans? Yes. So it is going to look bad from that standpoint. Try working at a fortune 500 company, and going to work in jeans and a tshirt. They would walk you right back out of the door. All they were telling NBA players is, when you are on the job, which is going to and from the stadium, and in post game interviews, that they would have to look and dress the part of a professional that makes millions of dollars a year.

And as far as the age limit thing. There are as many if not more players that have come out early that are not playing in the NBA, or in any pro league, so bringing up the rookies of the years is meaningless. The NFL has an age limit, no one complains about that. The MLB, and NHL have minor league systems in place to grow these players when they are not ready. The NBA's "minor league" is still in it's infancy stage, and can not provide the same kind of development. Tennis is an individual sport, so it means nothing, same with golf. And the war arguement is ridiculous, and people should stop using it.

Fantastic post. I can't believe it took so long in the thread for me to read a good well thought out argument.

mitch91
08-25-2008, 01:05 PM
WISE UP!
know body is a racist in here ok! so stop talking about it. if some people think stern is a racist so be it but if others dont then ok. leave it at that!

just chill please. relax people this is about stern not racism.

so y do others not like stern?

Beno7500
08-25-2008, 01:07 PM
I hate Stern because of the Lakers-Kings thing...

mitch91
08-25-2008, 01:07 PM
lol i expected you to hate him because of that

pebloemer
08-25-2008, 01:12 PM
bringing alot of forieners into the league yao dirk bogut .. these kind of non usa bread guys .. stern is looking out for them because they have a problem, if they come in a du-rag they will look like complete idiots and if they dont dress like everyone else they will be outcased by players and get beaten up ... stern is trying to build grounds work .. i went to a high school that in my senior year imputted uniforms and if was similar .. i mean set a fair ground, they arent asking anything ridiculus, they dont need to wear speedos or astronaught suits or overalls <yuck ... i mean armani suits and aligator shoes and million dollar cufflings isnt too bad to sit on a private plane for work ...
argument 2. as an nba fan i prefer to watch a guy like kobe play rather then Kevin Durant .. why, the experiance in the player lets him make key decisions including when to shoot drive pass etc. his quickness and versitility as well as weight strength .. alot of factors change for each player depending on what they wanted in high school .. and what they will be in the nba .. making players have that year or after high school gives them a transition, plus im 22, i tihnk its BULL SHY that a kid 17 (lebron) can make a couple million dollars and still cant drink or drive ...
arugment 3 whoever brought up the war story is just not bright ... im from toronto i got my license at 16 .. should every 16 year old be able to play basketball cuz if you can drive a car you should be eligable for the nba ...

i hate david stern because he does not let the nba roll like a compitition, he makes the nba not about basketball but about EVERYTHING else... it is a show to people who watch it .. it is entertainment .. but to me, its hard work, hours in the gym, and a hell of alot of practice
david stern isnt about the extra pass or the jab step turn around fad away, he isnt about taking the charge or the explosive first step ..
Stern is about cool dunks makes money, money, money

What do those two things have to do with each other? I have no clue how wealth and driving are correlated in any way.

I must say, at points here you are just ranting and not actually supporting anything you are saying. It is confusing to read but if I understand the last part of what you are saying correctly (Stern cares about what sells more than basketball itself) than I agree wholeheartedly with that point. I'll start there with why I hate Stern.

Beno7500
08-25-2008, 01:13 PM
I also hate him beause he isn't trying hard enough to get the Kings a new arena. He would rather have them moved to vegas to get more money.

mitch91
08-25-2008, 01:15 PM
I also hate him beause he isn't trying hard enough to get the Kings a new arena. He would rather have them moved to vegas to get more money.

any other reasons that arent kings related?

Beno7500
08-25-2008, 01:19 PM
I hate him for his frog looks.

RapsFan4Life
08-25-2008, 01:32 PM
What do those two things have to do with each other? I have no clue how wealth and driving are correlated in any way.

I must say, at points here you are just ranting and not actually supporting anything you are saying. It is confusing to read but if I understand the last part of what you are saying correctly (Stern cares about what sells more than basketball itself) than I agree wholeheartedly with that point. I'll start there with why I hate Stern.

my thoughts are speratic sorry if my post is all over the place and hard to read
and the driving thing was because i read someone compare an 18 year old to the army and that is why the age limit was stupid in the nba .. but my driving age was just to show how any example like the war could be used and an age limit for one thing is different for something else

RapsFan4Life
08-25-2008, 01:33 PM
I hate him for his frog looks.

he is ugly .. but id rather see stern then cassell

charles barkley for next nba commish

Beno7500
08-25-2008, 01:35 PM
I hate Stern for making NBA on ABC.

NBC was so much better.

DJ CHACH
08-25-2008, 01:35 PM
..he totally ruined the nba's integrity and what it meant to be in the nba..if ur a good enuf flopper, then i could take acting classes to get in and play cuz 3/4ths of the game is freethrows..back in the 90's if u werent tall, jacked, and had a chip on ur shoulder, then u stayed outta the lane..i hate the tony parkers and devin harris who drive the lane just to get to the ft line..they punish the big guys, but back i nthe knicks bulls days, u had to have a sledghammer in uyr hand to just get whistled for a foul..no blood no foul...

masalex1205
08-25-2008, 01:50 PM
You kno alot of these NBA players grew up in urban communities, where they dress and talk tha way they do becuase thats what they are always around. so why take that away from them?

In High School your a Studen-Athlete... STUDENT and then an Athlete, you hafta to maintain atleast a C avg if im not mistaken in order to play. so a C is good enough to get you into college. so your argument about that does quit hold up.

Like it or not, the NBA is a business and how one of the ways it brings in revenue is via corporate sponsors. These sponsors don't want thug looking people, they want clean cut people who they can support. it's about the money, plus they look like fools in pants 8x too big.

Faneik
08-25-2008, 02:19 PM
We (nba fans) may have many reasons to hate the guy, but skin color shouldn't be one of them...

mitch91
08-25-2008, 02:24 PM
couldnt agree more!

mrblisterdundee
08-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Yes I did.

Soldiers are not protecting are country. They're serving business interests that prey on conflict and an ignorant population to take part in it. Third world Afghanis and Iraqis pose no threat to America. Only an ignoramous would think a bunch of peasants could hurt the most militarized society on earth.
How is it alright for an 18 year old to kill and be killed, but not to play with a basketball? There is no logic in your entire head.

Beno7500
08-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Soldiers are not protecting are country. They're serving business interests that prey on conflict and an ignorant population to take part in it. Third world Afghanis and Iraqis pose no threat to America. Only an ignoramous would think a bunch of peasants could hurt the most militarized society on earth.
How is it alright for an 18 year old to kill and be killed, but not to play with a basketball? There is no logic in your entire head.

:confused: You have no logic.

CityKid415
08-25-2008, 08:36 PM
To speak on the dress code thing. I don't think it was racist it was just to clean up "the image" of the nba. The rule was put in 2005 and it was after The 2004 brawl in detroit. The brawl gave the nba a bad image to the world and putting in the dress code helped make them look professional and not portrayed as "thugs"

S.J.Basketball
08-25-2008, 08:51 PM

Those things are completely unrelated and has nothing to do with the NBA or it's rules. You sir have no logic in YOUR entire head.

Lakersfan2483
08-25-2008, 09:04 PM
I think Stern has done bad in terms of the rule changes favoring offense and the ridiculous suspensions for suppossed flagrant fouls. He allows Stu Jackson to suspend players for ridiculous reasons in terms of on the court issues.

S.J.Basketball
08-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Yea. Remember when NBA players used to BANG?? It was ROUGH to drive down the middle of the lane and now-a-days if you rough someone up trying to come in the lane it's a one game suspension...pansy man.

Beno7500
08-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Ya thanks alot Stern! You make sure their is a foul called every 10 seconds.

It is ridiculous how a 48 minute game can turn into an average of 2 and a half hours.

barreleffact
08-26-2008, 01:15 AM
^couldnt agree more with that.

Kings Faithful
08-26-2008, 01:37 AM
Ok, this thread has turned into a political rant for some people and needs to be closed.

cmellofan15
08-26-2008, 01:49 AM
Can We Start a "I HATE GEORGE CARL" Thread?

Beno7500
08-27-2008, 01:34 AM
Can We Start a "I HATE GEORGE CARL" Thread?

You can start a " I Hate George Karl" Thread

LA_Raiders
08-27-2008, 02:33 AM
I'm in....I hate the cheater **** sucker...

Beno7500
08-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Stern doesn't hire good staff. Stu Jackson is bull crap when it comes to giving suspensions.

MiamiHeatWade33
08-27-2008, 06:23 PM
I dont hate david stern i think hes a good commisioner for this league, u cant blame him for stuff like bad officiating just because he is the commisioner and its his job to stop this thats wat hes looking forward to doing ending the gambling and the disgusting officiating now would u call david stern a dwarf if u wanted to protest to stop the bad officiating ofcourse not....

bothfeef
08-27-2008, 07:41 PM
the thing i don't like about stern was his double standard b/n the officials and the robert horry fouling steve nash. he found out that lots of officials were gambling illegally and then changed the rule right away. we all know what happened in the suns spurs series.