PDA

View Full Version : Crede or Uribe

whitesoxfan83
08-24-2008, 10:37 PM
even i cant believe id ever ask this question.

but....this debate will begin at some point so why not now.

since august 6th uribe is batting .320
his OBP since then is .490
and his SLG is .547

his AVG since august 6th went from .215 to .242
his OBP from .278 to .300
his SLG from .345 to .388.
his OPS from .617 to .698

if he continues to hit like this what will/should the sox do when credes ready to comeback?

if uribe is still hitting over .300, if his OBP is still over .400 and his SLG over .500 will the sox really bench him over crede?

...or will the sox honestly keep crede in AAA and let URIBE! take his spot?

maybe it was because of the injury but from june 8th to july 21st (the day crede was put on the DL) his numbers went from

AVG: .295 on june 8th to .255 on july 21st
OBP: .364 on june 8th to .323 on july 21st
SLG: .565 on june 8th to .474 on july 21st

crede carried the team in the spring and was amazing, but his summer before he got hurt was horrible! on the other hand he was better in the postseason in 05 than juan was, and is known for being "clutch"

again its a simple question

with uribe hitting like this, if he continues to hit like this;

what do the sox do? what would you do?

WhiteSoxLifer
08-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Crede

SOX VICTORY
08-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Don't know what's to debate, Ozzie's already indicated that only a Crede that's physically able to perform and contribute will play, so only if and when it occurs is it worth speculating about. For my part this late in the season either or is fine with me. On a side note though unrelated, i owe you an apology. During your recent absence, i jokingly referred to you in a couple of posts, and one of your buddies assumed that i might be picking on you without cause, and he was offended. The fact of the matter is it really doesn't matter that i was kidding it was still wrong to do so without your being around. Again i'm sorry and take full responsibility for my poor behavior. I realize that i could have made my apology to you via a pm, but since my original comments occurred in open forum, i think it's only fitting that my apology occur in a like manner.

Killebrewcrew3
08-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Start Crede, i cant believe hes gonna be able to start everyday and use uribe to fill in there and at second and short

whitesoxfan83
08-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Don't know what's to debate, Ozzie's already indicated that only a Crede that's physically able to perform and contribute will play, so only if and when it occurs is it worth speculating about. For my part this late in the season either or is fine with me. On a side note though unrelated, i owe you an apology. During your recent absence, i jokingly referred to you in a couple of posts, and one of your buddies assumed that i might be picking on you without cause, and he was offended. The fact of the matter is it really doesn't matter that i was kidding it was still wrong to do so without your being around. Again i'm sorry and take full responsibility for my poor behavior. I realize that i could have made my apology to you via a pm, but since my original comments occurred in open forum, i think it's only fitting that my apology occur in a like manner.

haha no biggy its an open forum people can say what they want, atleast imo.

im curious what exactly happened tho, like what was said and who stuck up for me, if u pmed it to me that be great, honestly i wont get offened by anything that anyone says to me or about me so u got nothing to worry about but thanks for the apology anyways, but again its not needed.

i come off as a loud mouth prick, which for the most part iam. but in time ull realize im not such a bad guy.

i dont know who posted it but it was dead on, im like hawk.

SOX VICTORY
08-24-2008, 11:20 PM
haha no biggy its an open forum people can say what they want, atleast imo.

im curious what exactly happened tho, like what was said and who stuck up for me, if u pmed it to me that be great, honestly i wont get offened by anything that anyone says to me or about me so u got nothing to worry about but thanks for the apology anyways but again its not needed.

i come off as a loud mouth prick, which for the most part iam. but in time ull realize im not such a bad guy.

i dont know who posted it but it was dead on, im like hawk.

Appreciate your understanding. I'm actually hard pressed to remember the specific thread' but truly was much ado about nothing. Seems to me there was an excessively longseries of exchanges going on about C.YOUNG(Ariz), and this must have been going on pushing an hour maybe 2. Anyway it saw me referring to one of the participants as sounding like you. JD took offense with me (not knowing that you and i have locked horns before) and assumed i was picking on you. Again it was really no biggie "no blood was spilled", but as i said earlier i'm sorry just the same. Make no mistake however that you and i will probably find something else to quarrel about.:D

whitesoxfan83
08-24-2008, 11:24 PM
Appreciate your understanding. I'm actually hard pressed to remember the specific thread' but truly was much ado about nothing. Seems to me there was an excessively longseries of exchanges going on about C.YOUNG(Ariz), and this must have been going on pushing an hour maybe 2. Anyway it saw me referring to one of the participants as sounding like you. JD took offense with me (not knowing that you and i have locked horns before) and assumed i was picking on you. Again it was really no biggie "no blood was spilled", but as i said earlier i'm sorry just the same. Make no mistake however that you and i will probably find something else to quarrel about.:D

this is a white sox forum, if we dont it be pretty boring dontcha think :)

badkins1121
08-24-2008, 11:56 PM
Well Crede is struggling in AAA on his rehab assignment. He will probably remain down there until he picks it up. Usually i would instantly say Crede but Uribe has been doing good for you guys. If/when Crede comes back up I would play him.

brf_kid
08-25-2008, 06:52 AM
Crede without a doubt but only if he's 100 percent

monica73174
08-25-2008, 09:57 AM
No way I want Uribe. He is a streaky hitter and is starting to look like his usual self. I think Crede is the definate choice.

WhiteSoxLifer
08-25-2008, 10:15 AM
No way I want Uribe. He is a streaky hitter and is starting to look like his usual self. I think Crede is the definate choice.

This is not a good thing.

Uribe has shown himself to be more valuable as a role player. Its the same situation we had with Ozuna. Give Uribe a couple starts a week to keep him fresh and we will be in good shape.

FarmioFan1
08-25-2008, 10:22 AM
It's been said above & it's spot on. The number one factor in answering this question is the health of Crede. If he's healthy I think there is no question he's the answer at third. Uribe has been great since the start of August, there's no doubting that. But a healthy Joe Crede is more of an asset than Profundo hands down. I am very happy that Juan has played well and that his attitude since the start of the year has been positive and professional. Most guys wouldn't have reacted the way he did. Kudos to Uribe.

Get off the deck folks.

Southsideheat
08-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Crede has been activated and wise has been demoted per 670 the score.