PDA

View Full Version : PSD Eastern Conference First Round (#4 Philadelphia vs. #5 Cleveland)

JordansBulls
08-24-2008, 02:47 PM
FIRST ROUND

Philadelphia vs Cleveland
Winner: Vote here!

The total of votes for each team will be counted (all 4 options together) and the team with the higher total wins. Eventually, the result will be the option with the most votes (out of 4 options) of the team that has the most votes altogether.

Example:

If the option which has been voted most out of all 8 in the poll is "New York in 6" (20 votes), it doesn't necessarily mean that New York has won. If New York has 50 votes (New York in 4, 5, 6 & 7 altogether), but Charlotte has 55 votes (Charlotte in 4, 5, 6 & 7 altogether), Charlotte is the winner, although it didn't have the most votes in any of its 4 single options. The option with the most votes of the winner (Charlotte) is the final result.

Let's say:
New York in 4 = 10 votes
New York in 5 = 5 votes
New York in 6 = 20 votes
New York in 7 = 15 votes
Total = 50 votes

Now lets say Charlotte has
Charlotte in 4 = 12
Charlotte in 5 = 13
Charlotte in 6 = 17
Charlotte in 7 = 13
Total = 55 votes
The winner would be Charlotte in 6 since they would have the most votes total overall and thus the option for them that was voted the most is Charlotte in 6 would become the final result.

EASTERN CONFERENCE - Regular Season

Click the team name for poll results. The 8 best records in each conference have been determined. According to league rules, the seedings are as follows

(1) Boston (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258905) - Atlantic Division
(2) Detroit (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259509) - Central Division
(3) Orlando (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260351) - Southeast Division
(4) Philadelphia (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260865) - Atlantic Division
(5) Cleveland (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261432) - Central Division
(6) Toronto (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261877) - Atlantic Division
(7) Washington (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262232) - Southeast Division
(8) Miami (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262630) - Southeast Division

Beno7500
08-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Cleveland in 6

mikedesi1004
08-24-2008, 03:16 PM
cavs in 7

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Philly in 5

PhillyLuver
08-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Philly in 6

Tha Truth
08-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Cavs in 6.

LeBron will not allow his Cavs to lose in the 1st round.

bogdanrom
08-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Cavs in 7. Lebron scores 40+ in the seventh game.

DR.J9
08-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Philly in 6

OtR_Ducks
08-24-2008, 04:21 PM
this would be a great series.

cavs in 7

Ph1lly Diehard
08-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Philly in 7.

Elton Brand is going to have a fun and easy time dominating Varajao

IversonIsKrazy
08-24-2008, 04:32 PM
this 1 is tough. it'll b close. i would say cavs in 6. philly need 1 more year of playoffs till they can beat lebron + mo & cavs.

23LBJCleBrowns
08-24-2008, 04:35 PM
cavs win because of lebron, EASILY

Ph1lly Diehard
08-24-2008, 04:37 PM
cavs win because of lebron, EASILY

Considering the 76ers have a great defender in Iggy, and the athleticsm of Brand/Dalembert, and of how much superior our bench is to yours, i'd like to wonder why you say easily.

Saying "BECUZ WE HAS BRON BRON" is not a valid answer.

fins08
08-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Phi en seis.

Sixerlover
08-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Thad / Iguodala can slow contain (not stop, contain) LeBron more than Verajao / Wallace can contain Brand imo. Plus the Sixers have the better PG play, and the better defender at the C position (which is key when going up against LeBron).

still1ballin
08-24-2008, 07:12 PM
cavs in 6

GSW fan
08-24-2008, 07:13 PM
miami #8 more like 10

yaowowrocket11
08-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Great series, but I would go with the better overall team, the Sixers.

Premier
08-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Cavs. They have the defense to slow down Iggy,Brand and A Miller. And of course have the offense with LeBron, Z and Mo Williams.

RocketsRule
08-24-2008, 09:22 PM
Other than Lebron, and maybe Ilgaskus, the Sixers have them beat at every position. Most by a fairly decent margin as well, and even if Lebron scores 40+ points a game, I still think they could lose. Just like how game 7 against Boston looked. So until Lebron gets more help, they won't be able to contain the Brand, Iggy, and Miller.

Sixers in 6.

Wake's Fastball
08-24-2008, 09:23 PM
LeBron's too much. Cavs in 6.

23LBJCleBrowns
08-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Considering the 76ers have a great defender in Iggy, and the athleticsm of Brand/Dalembert, and of how much superior our bench is to yours, i'd like to wonder why you say easily.

Saying "BECUZ WE HAS BRON BRON" is not a valid answer.

we have lebron, we have a second scorer in Mo, we have a great big man with Z, a great 3 shooter with boobie, and last great interior D with Big Ben

McPeak92
08-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Thad / Iguodala can slow contain (not stop, contain) LeBron more than Verajao / Wallace can contain Brand imo. Plus the Sixers have the better PG play, and the better defender at the C position (which is key when going up against LeBron).

what he said

superkegger
08-25-2008, 12:04 AM
At this point, as much as I like brand to philly, I'm not ready to say bron will be bounced in the first round any time soon...I would be very surprised if in the next 6 or 7 years Lebron ever gets bounced in the first round.

Iversonfan4life
08-25-2008, 12:31 AM
great match up sixers in six.... we just have to much depth and talent

Tha Truth
08-25-2008, 01:44 AM
I just cant see LeBron losing to the Sixers especially in the first round.

Sixers fans seem to forget that LeBron did carry his team all the way to the finals.

In doing that he went through a good Pistons team in six games and displayed one of the greatest playoff performances in history.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Cavs in six.

J-Relo
08-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Cavs in 6.

nbafan19
08-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Cleveland in 6.

McPeak92
08-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Dalembert will stop Z, Brand wont have a hard time stopping anderson v/ben wallace, Lebron will be lebron, but Thad will shut down Wally and Andre Miller will out smart out play and out experience Mo Williams. and looking at the bench, Lou Williams, Reggie Evans, Kareem Rush and Theo Ratliff...nuff said.

Nighthawk
08-25-2008, 01:31 PM
i went philly in 5. Miller will get the ball to the playmakers. Brand and Sammie will be to much for Big Z and big ben.Cavs to me are still LBJ and some guys. Philly in 5 for me

phillyphan4ever
08-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Sixers have more weapons than the Cavs, but Lebron alone will take this to 7 games, but Sixers advance.

JordansBulls
08-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Poll is deadlocked at 35-35 right now, but still 2 days remain.

mitch91
08-25-2008, 05:40 PM
cavs in 6

23LBJCleBrowns
08-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Dalembert will stop Z, Brand wont have a hard time stopping anderson v/ben wallace, Lebron will be lebron, but Thad will shut down Wally and Andre Miller will out smart out play and out experience Mo Williams. and looking at the bench, Lou Williams, Reggie Evans, Kareem Rush and Theo Ratliff...nuff said.

u think the 76ers r so good. u think lebron vs. elton brand, iggy, and andre miller is harder than lebron going against ray allen, KG, and paul pierce. we almost beat boston. and you cant forget lebron beating chauncey, rip, rasheed, and tayshaun ALL by himself!

Tha Truth
08-25-2008, 05:57 PM
u think the 76ers r so good. u think lebron vs. elton brand, iggy, and andre miller is harder than lebron going against ray allen, KG, and paul pierce. we almost beat boston. and you cant forget lebron beating chauncey, rip, rasheed, and tayshaun ALL by himself!

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Yes the Sixers have improved but I don't see them eliminating the Cavs.

I guess it's good for the Sixer fans to be optimistic though.

DLeeicious
08-25-2008, 07:50 PM
I gotta take Philly in this one, 6 games. However, this is assuming that Cleveland makes no moves throughout the year which I find hard to believe. Whoever talked about Iggy guarding lebron was right on. Iggy can somewhat neutralize Lebron and outside that match up philly is a huge favorite.

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-25-2008, 08:16 PM

LOL dude atlanta almost beat boston too ... but this isn't about other teams you beaten

IT'S ABOUT THE MATCH UP YOUR PLAYING NOW
Philly VS CAVS
Miller will outsmart Mo
Iggy will defend Lebron
Brand and Sammy are just wayyy better then Z and Ben Offensively and defensively
And Phillys bench is better
Plus Philly is a young team who experienced the playoffs, they will be better and much much much more confident.

I gotta go with the Philly fans on this one bro ...

Jay22Redd
08-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Cleveland in 6. No way they can stop Lebron

ninerfan609
08-25-2008, 09:16 PM
sixers in 6. iggy doesnt have to be the man anymore, they can be a team.

23LBJCleBrowns
08-25-2008, 10:14 PM
I gotta take Philly in this one, 6 games. However, this is assuming that Cleveland makes no moves throughout the year which I find hard to believe. Whoever talked about Iggy guarding lebron was right on. Iggy can somewhat neutralize Lebron and outside that match up philly is a huge favorite.

BULL****

23LBJCleBrowns
08-25-2008, 10:17 PM
LOL dude atlanta almost beat boston too ... but this isn't about other teams you beaten

IT'S ABOUT THE MATCH UP YOUR PLAYING NOW
Philly VS CAVS
Miller will outsmart Mo
Iggy will defend Lebron
Brand and Sammy are just wayyy better then Z and Ben Offensively and defensively
And Phillys bench is better
Plus Philly is a young team who experienced the playoffs, they will be better and much much much more confident.

I gotta go with the Philly fans on this one bro ...

They cavs are way more expierenced the 76ers have a year of expierence. You really think iggy can defend lebron?? and Z is so underrated. Ben can play way better D than Brand and especially Sammy, maybe there better on the perimeter. And miller against Mo, let me say one thing you just want to say all your players are better than ours but you guys are not as good as lebron. just dont argue, why does every power ranking system rank the Cavs second in the East BECAUSE OF LEBRON.

23LBJCleBrowns
08-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Cleveland in 6. No way they can stop Lebron

thank you for agreeing with me. and for all you sixers fans, the pistons have a better Defense than you guys and yet lebron still destroyed them, he should destroy you more cuz hes working on his shot.

plus the cavs are gonna play the Wizards in the first round but when the cavs beat the 76ers in the playoffs you will all feel so stupid

Ph1lly Diehard
08-25-2008, 10:34 PM
thank you for agreeing with me. and for all you sixers fans, the pistons have a better Defense than you guys and yet lebron still destroyed them, he should destroy you more cuz hes working on his shot.

plus the cavs are gonna play the Wizards in the first round but when the cavs beat the 76ers in the playoffs you will all feel so stupid

Come on now, stop being so thick headed. You have to look past Lebron, even if he is one of the best.

I agree with you, Iggy can't stop Lebron, noone can. But stopping and containing are 2 different things. Look at how the Pistons CONTAINED Iggy, not stopped him. Look at how the Celtics CONTAINED Kobe, not stopped.

Elton Brand vs. Verajao/Wallace? Are you kidding me?! Really, let's get real here. Wallace is out of his prime, Verajao is average AT BEST.
You guys arn't good enough to contain Brand..

Ilgauszas (sp?) vs. Dalembert- Ok, close match up here. However, i'm taking Dalembert because of his athleticsm. He doesn't even have to be the 4th scoring option! Do you know how much pressure that takes off of him, when he use to be the 3rd scoring option?

Mo Will vs. Andre Miller- Ok, theres no argueing here.. Andre passes better, he's a better ball handler, he's bigger, and hes a VERY good rebounder for a PG. He has the expierence over him. I will give Mo being the better shooter though.

Thaddeus Young vs. Wally Szczerbiak- Let's get real now. Does Szczerbiak have any right even starting on any team at this point in his career? He plays below average defense, less athletic. Matchup goes to Thaddeus, no argueing there..

76ers Bench vs. Cavaliers bench- You guys have Boobie Gibson as your premier bench player. We have 3 bench players that are better them him, in Lou Will/Willie Green/Kareem Rush. We also have Ratliff, a great backup center, and Reggie Evans, just an rebounding force, gives the most energy and he was starting for us. 76ers EASILY.

Lebron is going to win the matchup every time. However, the other 4 are the 76ers, but if you really think Zygausaus is better then Dalembert, ok. It's a toss up, but I like Dalembert.

Expierence is overrated, considering almost all of it is from 2 guys on your team in Wally and Wallace in which both of them have NO RIGHT to be starting in this stage of there career, and there bench players at best.

Not saying this won't be a good series, because I picked the 76ers in 6, but the 76ers are just overall better.

phillyphan4ever
08-25-2008, 10:35 PM
BULL****

good explanation :rolleyes:

AirJordanXVIII
08-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Sixers in 6. Thad and Iggy can at least contain LeBron.

still1ballin
08-25-2008, 10:44 PM
Sixers in 6. Thad and Iggy can at least contain LeBron.

LMAO! Keep dreaming

DreamShaker
08-25-2008, 11:55 PM
I just don't see the Cavs losing in the first round....not with Lebron....

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-26-2008, 08:29 AM
I just don't see the Cavs losing in the first round....not with Lebron....

They won't if that's the case, this poll means nothing. Looks to me there is just more people underestimating LeBron again.:no:

23LBJCleBrowns
08-26-2008, 03:06 PM
Come on now, stop being so thick headed. You have to look past Lebron, even if he is one of the best.

I agree with you, Iggy can't stop Lebron, noone can. But stopping and containing are 2 different things. Look at how the Pistons CONTAINED Iggy, not stopped him. Look at how the Celtics CONTAINED Kobe, not stopped.

Elton Brand vs. Verajao/Wallace? Are you kidding me?! Really, let's get real here. Wallace is out of his prime, Verajao is average AT BEST.
You guys arn't good enough to contain Brand..

Ilgauszas (sp?) vs. Dalembert- Ok, close match up here. However, i'm taking Dalembert because of his athleticsm. He doesn't even have to be the 4th scoring option! Do you know how much pressure that takes off of him, when he use to be the 3rd scoring option?

Mo Will vs. Andre Miller- Ok, theres no argueing here.. Andre passes better, he's a better ball handler, he's bigger, and hes a VERY good rebounder for a PG. He has the expierence over him. I will give Mo being the better shooter though.

Thaddeus Young vs. Wally Szczerbiak- Let's get real now. Does Szczerbiak have any right even starting on any team at this point in his career? He plays below average defense, less athletic. Matchup goes to Thaddeus, no argueing there..

76ers Bench vs. Cavaliers bench- You guys have Boobie Gibson as your premier bench player. We have 3 bench players that are better them him, in Lou Will/Willie Green/Kareem Rush. We also have Ratliff, a great backup center, and Reggie Evans, just an rebounding force, gives the most energy and he was starting for us. 76ers EASILY.

Lebron is going to win the matchup every time. However, the other 4 are the 76ers, but if you really think Zygausaus is better then Dalembert, ok. It's a toss up, but I like Dalembert.

Expierence is overrated, considering almost all of it is from 2 guys on your team in Wally and Wallace in which both of them have NO RIGHT to be starting in this stage of there career, and there bench players at best.

Not saying this won't be a good series, because I picked the 76ers in 6, but the 76ers are just overall better.

But iggy cant contain lebron. all we need is mo to pass the ball to lebron. mo can create his own shots. Remember we have been in the top 5 for the last couple of years at second chance points and offensive boards. Z is better than Dalembart. Z has a way higher BBall IQ than dalembart and so much more expierence. I will give you andre is better than mo, but thad is not proven. and remember the cavs will make another move before the trade deadline.

And remember have you seen lebrons D lately, he was playing greaT D for USA and he dominated. When lebron really really wants he will take over a game.

KAREEM RUSH IS NOT BETTER THAN BOOBIE, NIETHER IS WILLIE GREEN!!

bountybowl
08-26-2008, 05:25 PM
But iggy cant contain lebron. all we need is mo to pass the ball to lebron. mo can create his own shots. Remember we have been in the top 5 for the last couple of years at second chance points and offensive boards. Z is better than Dalembart. Z has a way higher BBall IQ than dalembart and so much more expierence. I will give you andre is better than mo, but thad is not proven. and remember the cavs will make another move before the trade deadline.

And remember have you seen lebrons D lately, he was playing greaT D for USA and he dominated. When lebron really really wants he will take over a game.

KAREEM RUSH IS NOT BETTER THAN BOOBIE, NIETHER IS WILLIE GREEN!!

LOL are you seriously using his performance at the olympics against mostly weak competition as a basis for his improved D going into this upcoming season

I have the sixers in 7

Westbrook36
08-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Well in the Mock Offseason with my team

Delonte West
Joe Johnson
Lebron
Brad Miller
Z

They would win :p

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-26-2008, 06:52 PM
I hate when people say Ben Wallace and Z can't contain Brand.

Did anyone watch the Celtics series, if KG didn't have his outside shot he would been contained. By the way KG is a lot better then Brand.

For the person that laughed when LeBron's defense was mentioned. Obviously you don't watch much basketball, because he definitely can play gritty defense if the situation calls for it.

I am pretty sure a seven game series calls for it.

23LBJCleBrowns
08-26-2008, 07:01 PM
I hate when people say Ben Wallace and Z can't contain Brand.

Did anyone watch the Celtics series, if KG didn't have his outside shot he would been contained. By the way KG is a lot better then Brand.

For the person that laughed when LeBron's defense was mentioned. Obviously you don't watch much basketball, because he definitely can play gritty defense if the situation calls for it.

I am pretty sure a seven game series calls for it.

i am with u 95%. the 7 game series depends on who has home court advantage which i no the cavs will have. we will win in 6 games. how could u think hte 76ers will have a better record than the cavs.

Chief Wahoo u r so smart, you r a great person to listen to when it comes to sports.

SensandRaps
08-26-2008, 07:47 PM
cavs in 6