PDA

View Full Version : It's time to forget the ratings game and give Orton a little respect

Soop
08-24-2008, 01:24 PM
"Another man might have been scarred by the trauma, mentally bruised by sharp lacerations to the psyche, but Bears quarterback Kyle Orton has emerged relaxed, confident and composed from his time in exile. The only remnant of the ordeal that was Orton's rookie season and his subsequent period of inactivity can be found in cruel statistics.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/mulligan/1122864,CST-SPT-mully24.article

freaknasty23
08-24-2008, 07:25 PM
pretty good article, alot of good points in it. go kyle!

Sox_13
08-24-2008, 08:42 PM
I'll give him some respect if he doesn't blow in the regular season. He hasn't done anything that warrants respect. Yes, he went out his rookie year and had the worst QB rating the league. It was certainly expected since he was a rookie, but he hasn't done anything in the league that really stands out.

azbearfan
08-25-2008, 12:40 AM
If he continues to play well, then he has all of my respect.
I wanted Rex, but if Orton is the man, then he's the man.

DamnGoat
08-25-2008, 12:53 AM
If he proves that he's gotten better since his terrible Rookie year then I'll respect him. The jury's still out though, but I honestly hope he does good or at the very least doesn't do bad enough to lose games for us.

I've said before that I think Rex is the better QB, but I'll give Party Boy the benefit of the doubt here. Not sure he really won the job, but it's his to lose now and I hope he makes the most of it or it could be another season pissed down the drain.

HAWKS.NO27
08-25-2008, 03:04 AM
Has anyone watched this years preseason so far?... I think Kyle Orton has done a great job with the opportunity given by Lovie & the coaches. Rex has had his chances, and they've come and gone (gave up on him after SB XLI) he needs to man up and be proud for not only the teams decision but for KYLE ORTON as well. Stop crying on the sidelines and acting like your 5 years old.
If you watch, for the longest time Kyle sat on the sidelines with the clip board and used to talk with Griese about situations & plays, and supported Rex & Bears without saying a word about playing time, hoping he'd get his shot. Well, he's getting it now and he's going to make the most out of it I'm sure...hell, he better! He's waited long enough (4 years) he better doing something, LOL!

As Bears fans, all that we should care about or should matter is WINS. We CAN win the division again and make the playoffs. The NFC isn't that strong aside from a team here or there.

FEAR THE NECK BEARD!!!

cambovenzi
08-25-2008, 10:57 AM
i agree you cant just judge him on his rookie year,
but it still gives a sample of roughly what he can do.
not the greatest arm at all, and shaky accuracy.

troy aikman is going back to that "oh well he won games" argument.
its moronic. he was awful. yes it was his rookie year, but he was one of the worst QBs in the league. you cant defend that by saying they won games.
they won games on defense and running the ball.

hopefully he is really improved enough to be atleast serviceable and put decent points up.

mikeybears
08-25-2008, 11:38 AM
orton looked pretty good not just his td throws but just everything looking off receivers,standing tall in the pocket,making good decisions, changing plays,making nice throws,kyle could be a good fit,after seeing him then grossman,there is no way you start rex,i hope all these rex lovers can see that

cambovenzi
08-25-2008, 11:41 AM
orton looked pretty good not just his td throws but just everything looking off receivers,standing tall in the pocket,making good decisions, changing plays,making nice throws,kyle could be a good fit,after seeing him then grossman,there is no way you start rex,i hope all these rex lovers can see that

i could give you a laundry list of why rex didnt get a fair chance to start this year, and/or should be the starter.
but they picked orton, who did well against the 49ers defense:speechless:
(NO WAY OMFGzors:rolleyes:)

mikeybears
08-25-2008, 11:41 AM
cmon orton was a rookie a rookie, i know big ben,but he was the only rookie qb in a long time to be good,im sick of hearing about his rookie year he did a okay job,and this is a new year so lets see what happens,please i never want to hear lovie say rex is our quarterback ever again

cambovenzi
08-25-2008, 11:44 AM
cmon orton was a rookie a rookie, i know big ben,but he was the only rookie qb in a long time to be good,im sick of hearing about his rookie year he did a okay job,and this is a new year so lets see what happens,please i never want to hear lovie say rex is our quarterback ever again

he didnt do an OK job. thats the thing.
he was god awful.
and now b/c he squeaked grossman in 2 preseason games, where he started against the easier team, he is our QB.

HAWKS.NO27
08-25-2008, 12:27 PM
he didnt do an OK job. thats the thing.
he was god awful.
and now b/c he squeaked grossman in 2 preseason games, where he started against the easier team, he is our QB.

That's the thing... Kyle Orton DID do an OK job. And as far as squeaking by Grossman (LMFAO!!!) you must be crazy? Grossman has been terrible for the past 2 years. He blamed the weather for his SUPER BOWL XLI mess ups! Come on... He needs to take it like a man and be a team player.

The only reason why Rex is crying now is because he's going to ride the bench like Kyle did, when it shoulda been the other way around the past 2 years. He thought his boy Lovie would bail him out again and listen for those words "Rex, is OUR quarterback." But Lovie, has been taking heat from J.A, so he had to make a change. And if Rex doesn't like the situation then why did he resign here when he was a FA? Because he knew he wouldn't be a starter on any other team in the NFL. The Bears were his best shot at becoming a starting QB.

Lovie put all his eggs in a basket hoping Rex would snap outta of it, but not being able to take the ball under snap from the C, not reading a defense and being able to audible under snap, consistently throwing off your back foot, more INT's than TD's, not looking at pictures or footage when the offense comes off the field (anybody else ever notice that?) Manning, Farve, Ben, Carson, Brady all look at photos to see what they messed up on if they didn't score. But NOT this guy! Not SEXY REXY! He just sits on the bench, puts a hat on and sits there. (INEXCUSABLE!!!)

Congrats to Kyle "Party Boy" Orton, I hope you make me, us, and everyone else that supports you proud and show all the critics & the NFL that has & is doubting you, that they shall....

FEAR THE NECK BEARD!!!

cambovenzi
08-25-2008, 02:03 PM
That's the thing... Kyle Orton DID do an OK job.
i was talking about his rookie year.
no it was not OK.
it was horrendous.

And as far as squeaking by Grossman (LMFAO!!!) you must be crazy? Grossman has been terrible for the past 2 years. He blamed the weather for his SUPER BOWL XLI mess ups! Come on... He needs to take it like a man and be a team player.
orton had SLIGHTLY better #'s in the first two preseason games.
how is that a "LMFAO" moment?
if you really analyze what happened, rex outplayed kyle in those games, but didnt receive any blocking.
rex had to start @qwest field, against a much tougher seattle defense.
and that is one of the hardest plaaces to play in.
kyle got his start at home, against the cardinals...
that EASILY accounts for the very slight difference in numbers.

i guess you missed two thirds of the bear games in 06 where rex has shown he was great at times.
did you watch the superbowl?
it was a mess. absolute downpour.
have you ever tried to throw a football downfield under those conditions?
it has a big effect.

The only reason why Rex is crying now is because he's going to ride the bench like Kyle did, when it shoulda been the other way around the past 2 years. He thought his boy Lovie would bail him out again and listen for those words "Rex, is OUR quarterback." But Lovie, has been taking heat from J.A, so he had to make a change. And if Rex doesn't like the situation then why did he resign here when he was a FA? Because he knew he wouldn't be a starter on any other team in the NFL. The Bears were his best shot at becoming a starting QB.
why should it have been the other way around the last 2 years?
b/c orton showed such promise in his rookie year posting a sub-60 QB rating with single digit tds?:rolleyes:
i dont think so.

or maybe b/c rex did sooo poorly being 7th in the league in tds, and having almost 3200 yards, and QBing the team into the SB.

rex resigned here, b/c he thought he would be the starter, and he knows the system. not many teams are looking for a non-elite QB to step in and be the starter. they have their own average-above average guys. or guys of the future that they want to start. Chicago was the obvious choice to resign.
i dont see how that has anything to do w/ anything.
your implying he isnt good enough to be a starter elsewhere, just b/c he resigned here. well in that case, i guess guys like brett favre, peyton manning, and tom brady all suck b/c they at some point resigned w/ their teams.:rolleyes:

Lovie put all his eggs in a basket hoping Rex would snap outta of it, but not being able to take the ball under snap from the C, not reading a defense and being able to audible under snap, consistently throwing off your back foot, more INT's than TD's, not looking at pictures or footage when the offense comes off the field (anybody else ever notice that?) Manning, Farve, Ben, Carson, Brady all look at photos to see what they messed up on if they didn't score. But NOT this guy! Not SEXY REXY! He just sits on the bench, puts a hat on and sits there. (INEXCUSABLE!!!)
most of that is speculation or gross exaggeration.
doesnt take the ball from center? wtf? ive already posted in threads multiple times that he fumbles less, or about the same as most QBs in the league. and part of it is on kreutz b/c it happens w/ all the qbs.
throwing off the back foot? yeah, its a problem hes working on, but he still can throw it off his back foot and be effective sometimes.
its not exactly easy to not do it when your line doesnt block. he still has to somehow get the ball off.
and I know he does look at the pictures, you probably just miss it, or they dont show him. you just like to badmouth him to make orton look "good" or something.

Congrats to Kyle "Party Boy" Orton, I hope you make me, us, and everyone else that supports you proud and show all the critics & the NFL that has & is doubting you, that they shall....

FEAR THE NECK BEARD!!!
yeah, congrats to orton.
he is the starter, and looked pretty solid in teh 49'er game.
lets see if he improved enough so he can be decent or better this time around.

dyceman
08-25-2008, 02:17 PM
^ Wow Cambo, you are on a tear...if Rex had played with half of the emotion you exhibited above, he would be starting. I think you make some pretty astute arguments, the problem is that Rex just couldn't seem to make the plays at the right time (sounds familiar).

freaknasty23
08-25-2008, 02:30 PM
cambo is rex grossman, remember:p

dyceman
08-25-2008, 02:32 PM

:laugh:

cambovenzi
08-25-2008, 02:34 PM

HAH HAH.
very funny;)

The General
08-26-2008, 06:17 AM
I really want kyle to succeed, but I just dont see him being better then Rex. I hope he proves me wrong and leads the bears to a winning record this season, but I just dont see that happening. I dont want rex to QB because i like rex more then kyle, I just think that we have a better chance of winning with rex behind center. But again, I HOPE I'M WRONG.

HAWKS.NO27
08-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Cambo... You made some great points about what I said. And give you "MAD" kudos for making some great points...

BUT!!!... Yes I did watch the Super Bowl! I watched it from the 30 yard line 12 rows from the field. (My brother & I spent almost a months salary on the tickets for SUPER BOWL XLI & a hotel). I understand it was raining and the field nor the ball were in the best conditions, but Peyton Manning found a way to go 25-38/ 247yds/1TD/1INT which it seemed like he was a doctor doing surgery on our Bears defense.
Rex did have a good game also, but the 2 INT's were what killed us when we were driving down field. And I'm sure you'd agree we can't have that on the biggest stage of the year.

But, I think both you and I can join and say that we HOPE (being the key word) Kyle Orton can prove to us that he shoulda been the QB the entire time him & REXY had the QB competition. And he leads us back to the playoffs.

ALL HAIL & FEAR THE NECK BEARD!!! :worthy:

cambovenzi
08-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Cambo... You made some great points about what I said. And give you "MAD" kudos for making some great points...

BUT!!!... Yes I did watch the Super Bowl! I watched it from the 30 yard line 12 rows from the field. (My brother & I spent almost a months salary on the tickets for SUPER BOWL XLI & a hotel). I understand it was raining and the field nor the ball were in the best conditions, but Peyton Manning found a way to go 25-38/ 247yds/1TD/1INT which it seemed like he was a doctor doing surgery on our Bears defense.
Rex did have a good game also, but the 2 INT's were what killed us when we were driving down field. And I'm sure you'd agree we can't have that on the biggest stage of the year.
peyton manning is freakin peyton manning.
and he was mostly throwing dump passes or screens, and our defense was stinking b/c they were missing a few key guys, and didnt have good footing on the field.
rex got barely outplayed by the best QB, arguably ever.

rex had to take shots downfield to being us back.
the ball sailed a little, and the WR stopped his route, which led to a pick.
you were there, you should know that game was a complete mess. and its not as easy to play in those conditions.

But, I think both you and I can join and say that we HOPE (being the key word) Kyle Orton can prove to us that he shoulda been the QB the entire time him & REXY had the QB competition. And he leads us back to the playoffs.

ALL HAIL & FEAR THE NECK BEARD!!! :worthy:

we'll see.
im not thrilled or very optimistic about him.
but hopefully we can squeak in somehow.

Soop
08-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Orton looked poised as our QB while Rex looked scared in the preseason. I hate to say that but it's the truth. Somtimes I just wish we could somehow rip Grossman's arm and attach it to Orton's. The best thing about Orton is that he's not as unconsistent as Rex is. I also like how he looks w/ the first team moving the chains. So he can't throw the deep ball as Rex can, oh well. All I care about is wins and whoever is the QB better not be a headcase.

SuperDHester23
08-26-2008, 12:26 PM
I absolutely love reading this forum... There are the same douchebags that are writing in support of Kyle that a few months ago had the 4 paragraph argument about how Kyle should quit because he is garabage.. I hate to say I told everyone (who didn't agree with me). but we don't know kyle's potential until we see what he can do as a poised player who knows the system. I think he is going to be great... granted, we still haven't seen anything that warrants praise, but come on, a chicago offense threw 2 (should have been 4) offensive TDs in the first half... when is the last time that happened? I am going to do some research and find the losers that talked up rex and beat down kyle and ask what they think now! KO all day baby!

bears118
08-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Actually I feel Orton will do well for a few reasons.

1stly, even in his rookie season he would move in the pocket to avoid sacks and step to throw on his front foot. Good start, better than Grossman in both respects. IMO he has better poise that grossman who sometimes seams to trust his stronger arm to bail him out sometimes.

And, I know this is a big if, but IF we have arunning game this year, at least a better one than last year maybe mid-league standard, Orton will manage the game better than Grossman could as he doesn't panic as easily. Yes we are going to have some bad games coming up but I think he could at best get us to a 9-7 season looking at the schedule and maybe if the defense can get back to what we know and love as Bears fans maybe squeeze out at least one more win, this could actually get us in to the wild card race at least, as I see the Vikings running away with the division this year, actually on the back of a very Bears of old team style of play.(very strong Running game and defense and basic but ok passing game).

However, one thing to note as a knock on Orton, I'm not sure if he could win games without the running game as Grossman has done before.

cambovenzi
08-26-2008, 12:30 PM
I absolutely love reading this forum... There are the same douchebags that are writing in support of Kyle that a few months ago had the 4 paragraph argument about how Kyle should quit because he is garabage.. I hate to say I told everyone (who didn't agree with me). but we don't know kyle's potential until we see what he can do as a poised player who knows the system. I think he is going to be great... granted, we still haven't seen anything that warrants praise, but come on, a chicago offense threw 2 (should have been 4) offensive TDs in the first half... when is the last time that happened? I am going to do some research and find the losers that talked up rex and beat down kyle and ask what they think now! KO all day baby!

i still think rex is a much better QB.
and orton wont put up serious point totals most of the time, which will limit any darkhorse chance we have of making a serious run.

SuperDHester23
08-26-2008, 12:39 PM
i still think rex is a much better QB.
and orton wont put up serious point totals most of the time, which will limit any darkhorse chance we have of making a serious run.

REALLY? Why because he had 3 games year before last where he played well? wow.... three games... what about this pre-season....

Entering training camp on equal footing, Orton slightly outperformed Grossman in two preseason games, compiling a better completion percentage (63.2-56.5), yards per attempt average (5.21-5.13) and passer rating (76.4-66.9) while connecting on 12 of 19 passes for 99 yards. Grossman has completed 13 of 23 passes for 118 yards.

Plus you must not have watched these games this season since rex has zero accuracy. he over throw his WR 2-3 time in his 7 attempts. he throws off his back foot way too much and just isn't smart enough to play in the nfl (meaning he makes too many bad decisions)

also, please everyone, please go back and sift through this forum and read about all these LOSERS who talk all this crap and praise grossman.. it cracks me up. you will see me in there talkin about how orton has more promise. i mean, if these guys had their say, they probably would have kept with charlie frye and let derek anderson ride the bench... seems smart to me.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240531

Soop
08-26-2008, 12:43 PM

Who are you talking about? Spit it out! I can't remember anybody wanting Kyle to quit since I've been on. Yeah people talked **** about Kyle and Rex, you have to expect that when you're coming off a 7-9 season and have a QB battle going on. Go do your research and post it here if it makes you happy or if you feel the need to pat yourself in the back. I'm not one that beat down Kyle but it's funny the only time you come around saying you love this forum is to call out posters, c'mon do you have anything else to share with us?

cambovenzi
08-26-2008, 12:51 PM
REALLY? Why because he had 3 games year before last where he played well? wow.... three games... what about this pre-season....

Entering training camp on equal footing, Orton slightly outperformed Grossman in two preseason games, compiling a better completion percentage (63.2-56.5), yards per attempt average (5.21-5.13) and passer rating (76.4-66.9) while connecting on 12 of 19 passes for 99 yards. Grossman has completed 13 of 23 passes for 118 yards.

Plus you must not have watched these games this season since rex has zero accuracy. he over throw his WR 2-3 time in his 7 attempts. he throws off his back foot way too much and just isn't smart enough to play in the nfl (meaning he makes too many bad decisions)

also, please everyone, please go back and sift through this forum and read about all these LOSERS who talk all this crap and praise grossman.. it cracks me up. you will see me in there talkin about how orton has more promise. i mean, if these guys had their say, they probably would have kept with charlie frye and let derek anderson ride the bench... seems smart to me.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240531

he actually performed BETTER IMO in the 1st two preseason games, when you factor in he played against tougher competition.

he got no blocking. orton had all day.
WR dropped pass(es) for rex.
lloyd made two spectacular catches on poorly thrown balls that gave orton the job.

rex had 1 INT b/c he got blindsided w/ horrible blocking, and a blocker pushed off on the guy who intercepted it allowing him to be open to catch the ball.
thats completely rex's fault right?

then lets look at what they did during their careers, and some of their skills.
orton=god awful rookie year. relatively weak arm and accuracy. OK games against bad pass defending teams last year.
very conservative playcalling when he is QB, with mostly runs, and little dink and dunk passes, that barely move the offense, then punt.

rex= 7th in tds in 06, 80+QB rating last year against very tough defensive teams after regaining his starting role last year. big and accurate arm, even downfield. takes shots when needed. sometimes turns it over too much(although, per attempt, he does NOT turn it over much more than orton has), but looked like he really improved on that, throwing the ball away when necessary. not great when getting killed by poor blocking.

rex would have given us a much better shot to score serious points, and win some games.
not just sitting around hoping the defense stops everyone.

SuperDHester23
08-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Who are you talking about? Spit it out! I can't remember anybody wanting Kyle to quit since I've been on. Yeah people talked **** about Kyle and Rex, you have to expect that when you're coming off a 7-9 season and have a QB battle going on. Go do your research and post it here if it makes you happy or if you feel the need to pat yourself in the back. I'm not one that beat down Kyle but it's funny the only time you come around saying you love this forum is to call out posters, c'mon do you have anything else to share with us?

Hell yes I do. I've been saying it all along that Kyle needs a chance, and everyone has been baggin on him.. you want the research, read the forum link i posted and you will see all these people saying he is the worst QB ever, he isn't good at all, shouldn't even play in the nfl. you read it, i'm not here to write it out for you. All i'm saying is that it is just funny how quickly people change their mind from backing up rex with all their hearts and now there is a forum giving props to kyle. just makes me realize how dumb a lot of poeple are and they take everything the media tells them and just think rex is better because they have seen him play after he had been in the NFL for a 3 years and think that kyle on his rookie year should not play again.... just cracks me up. and i am sorry that you feel i can't pat myself on my back, but it just feels so good being right some times, but if you read my last post, which you probably didn't but, i said he hasn't proven anything yet, but he sure looked damn good!

SuperDHester23
08-26-2008, 01:04 PM
he actually performed BETTER IMO in the 1st two preseason games, when you factor in he played against tougher competition.

he got no blocking. orton had all day.
WR dropped pass(es) for rex.
lloyd made two spectacular catches on poorly thrown balls that gave orton the job.

rex had 1 INT b/c he got blindsided w/ horrible blocking, and a blocker pushed off on the guy who intercepted it allowing him to be open to catch the ball.
thats completely rex's fault right?

then lets look at what they did during their careers, and some of their skills.
orton=god awful rookie year. relatively weak arm and accuracy. OK games against bad pass defending teams last year.
very conservative playcalling when he is QB, with mostly runs, and little dink and dunk passes, that barely move the offense, then punt.

rex= 7th in tds in 06, 80+QB rating last year against very tough defensive teams after regaining his starting role last year. big and accurate arm, even downfield. takes shots when needed. sometimes turns it over too much(although, per attempt, he does NOT turn it over much more than orton has), but looked like he really improved on that, throwing the ball away when necessary. not great when getting killed by poor blocking.

rex would have given us a much better shot to score serious points, and win some games.
not just sitting around hoping the defense stops everyone.

I have to agree with you completely on blocking...but in your stats about Grossman you complete forgot about the 0 passer rating game, you for got about his 3 games with a passer rating under what 30. and what about the monday game against the cards... i'm sure he was helping the d alot in that game and didnt at all wait for spteams to save his ***. I just think that you can't compare a rookie season to how good a qb is going to be... there are a lot of qbs out there that had horrible rookie seasons, or didn't even play their rookie year but are great or hall of famers now. you have to agree with me on that. there are a few exceptions like manning. but eli, bad rookie year, now SB ring. what about elway, manning, brady, anderson, young, rothlesburger, i mean a lot of guys don't even play their rookie year, and if they did they probably would have played as kyle did at times. but since some of them didn't they were able to learn the system and grow as a player. i mean do you think that if d. anderson starts to falter and throw a lot of interceptions they are going to stick with him and not even try out quinn? and in the 49er game, ko almost threw 4 tds in a half... 1 was dropped and the other was called back.. you have to admit that first td throw to davis was beautiful... i'm just saying, you can keep thinking rex would have done better, but appearently an entire team (owner, staff, players, etc) all agree that ko is the man this year....

cambovenzi
08-26-2008, 01:17 PM
I have to agree with you completely on blocking...but in your stats about Grossman you complete forgot about the 0 passer rating game, you for got about his 3 games with a passer rating under what 30. and what about the monday game against the cards... i'm sure he was helping the d alot in that game and didnt at all wait for spteams to save his ***. I just think that you can't compare a rookie season to how good a qb is going to be... there are a lot of qbs out there that had horrible rookie seasons, or didn't even play their rookie year but are great or hall of famers now. you have to agree with me on that. there are a few exceptions like manning. but eli, bad rookie year, now SB ring. what about elway, manning, brady, anderson, young, rothlesburger, i mean a lot of guys don't even play their rookie year, and if they did they probably would have played as kyle did at times. but since some of them didn't they were able to learn the system and grow as a player. i mean do you think that if d. anderson starts to falter and throw a lot of interceptions they are going to stick with him and not even try out quinn? and in the 49er game, ko almost threw 4 tds in a half... 1 was dropped and the other was called back.. you have to admit that first td throw to davis was beautiful... i'm just saying, you can keep thinking rex would have done better, but appearently an entire team (owner, staff, players, etc) all agree that ko is the man this year....

oh boy.
here we go again.
0 passer rating game was a game that didnt matter in week17, and he played 2+ quarters.

i dont "forget" the bad games.
yes, sometimes he did horribly.
but most of the time he did very well.
and put a good amount of points on the board as well as rack up yards.
better than a shoddy performance almost every game IMO.

w/ a conservative QB, with worse skills, we have a lesser chance of upsetting/beating some of the better teams in the league.

the thing about kyle is not just that he played VERY poorly his rookie year.
he showed very little potential to be good while doing it.

hes going to average less than 200 yards per game, and come nowhere close to 7th in the league in tds like rex did. we'll be most likely be worse than middle of the pack in scoring offense/yards. which will seriously limit how good the team can be. the defense will not shutdown everyone.

Soop
08-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Hell yes I do. I've been saying it all along that Kyle needs a chance, and everyone has been baggin on him.. you want the research, read the forum link i posted and you will see all these people saying he is the worst QB ever, he isn't good at all, shouldn't even play in the nfl. you read it, i'm not here to write it out for you. All i'm saying is that it is just funny how quickly people change their mind from backing up rex with all their hearts and now there is a forum giving props to kyle. just makes me realize how dumb a lot of poeple are and they take everything the media tells them and just think rex is better because they have seen him play after he had been in the NFL for a 3 years and think that kyle on his rookie year should not play again.... just cracks me up. and i am sorry that you feel i can't pat myself on my back, but it just feels so good being right some times, but if you read my last post, which you probably didn't but, i said he hasn't proven anything yet, but he sure looked damn good!

:confused: Okay I read the thread link. Who are the poster jumping ship like you claim? What I do is quote their post (it makes it alot easier and less confusing).

SuperDHester23
08-26-2008, 01:38 PM
oh boy.
here we go again.
0 passer rating game was a game that didnt matter in week17, and he played 2+ quarters. (so only if a game counts a player should play well?)

i dont "forget" the bad games.
yes, sometimes he did horribly.
but most of the time he did very well. (agree)
and put a good amount of points on the board as well as rack up yards.
better than a shoddy performance almost every game IMO.

w/ a conservative QB, with worse skills, we have a lesser chance of upsetting/beating some of the better teams in the league. (true, but with a better decision making qb the bears have more of a chance to beat a team.)

the thing about kyle is not just that he played VERY poorly his rookie year.
he showed very little potential to be good while doing it. (true, but check out his stats in college, and he appearently did enough to not only stay on the team, get an extension, but become the starter of the chicago bears....)

hes going to average less than 200 yards per game, and come nowhere close to 7th in the league in tds like rex did. we'll be most likely be worse than middle of the pack in scoring offense/yards. which will seriously limit how good the team can be. the defense will not shutdown everyone.
(we shall see about that)

Tankjeep
08-26-2008, 08:13 PM
i agree you cant just judge him on his rookie year,
but it still gives a sample of roughly what he can do.
not the greatest arm at all, and shaky accuracy.

troy aikman is going back to that "oh well he won games" argument.
its moronic. he was awful. yes it was his rookie year, but he was one of the worst QBs in the league. you cant defend that by saying they won games.
they won games on defense and running the ball.

hopefully he is really improved enough to be atleast serviceable and put decent points up.

the sad thing here is that you sit there and say that rex hasn't had an offensive line to work with in years past (except for the SB year), but yet you don't say the same thing for orton. orton didn't have a great line to work with his rookie season and got beat up for it along with the fact that he couldn't adjust to the speed of the nfl game.

cambovenzi
08-26-2008, 08:25 PM
the sad thing here is that you sit there and say that rex hasn't had an offensive line to work with in years past (except for the SB year), but yet you don't say the same thing for orton. orton didn't have a great line to work with his rookie season and got beat up for it along with the fact that he couldn't adjust to the speed of the nfl game.

along with the "fact" that he sucked and couldnt throw a decent football.

IMO its pretty obvious the Oline has gotten progressivly worse since 05.
it was solid back then.

i think we all hope he's improved alot since then.
preseason games 1-2 didnt look too good.
looked pretty solid against the 49'ers, for what thats worth.

Tankjeep
08-26-2008, 08:26 PM
hes going to average less than 200 yards per game, and come nowhere close to 7th in the league in tds like rex did.

like rex did? now that is hilarious. you expect a guy in his rookie season (true rookie season that is, straight out of college) to put up numbers that rex did after being in the bears organization for a while to learn the system and the speed of the nfl game. now you're comparisons are ridiculous. stop with this rex love fest it's quite disgusting.

cambovenzi
08-26-2008, 08:32 PM
like rex did? now that is hilarious. you expect a guy in his rookie season (true rookie season that is, straight out of college) to put up numbers that rex did after being in the bears organization for a while to learn the system and the speed of the nfl game. now you're comparisons are ridiculous. stop with this rex love fest it's quite disgusting.

if you toss out the week 17 that didnt count he was over 200 yards/game.
expecting anything near rex's 06 production out of orton is unrealistic.

and i wasnt comparing him to KO's rookie year.
i was making a bit of a prediction/analysis of what will probably happen this year, at the end of my post.

KO averaged 124 yards per game in 05. and 159 in 3 starts last year.
oh btw he has 2 career games over 200 yards.
idk what it looks like to you, but to me its not all that promising.

Tankjeep
08-26-2008, 08:44 PM
and i wasnt comparing him to KO's rookie year.
i was making a bit of a prediction/analysis of what will probably happen this year, at the end of my post.

you know what....after i posted, i reread your post and realized i had a brainfart.

Second City
08-26-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm glad Kyle is the QB over Rex, hope he has a great year!