PDA

View Full Version : Cavs expect to sign Delonte West and Darnell Jackson

AMC31
08-24-2008, 10:28 AM
This whole premise for the Cavs, however, is based on them signing point guard Delonte West and power forward Darnell Jackson. West is a restricted free agent, and Jackson was a second-round pick from Kansas in the June draft

http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?hd=20080824&lc=NBA#STORY_11496

Its the 10th one down, sounds good, maybe we arent trading West after all.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Signing him doesn't mean he won't be traded later in the season.

Sbank
08-24-2008, 11:55 AM
I think signing West would help us but I think we probable trade West at the deadline.

Cavs_Fan24
08-24-2008, 01:46 PM
i still think that West is gone by the deadline either way.

we have no use for him now cuz we dont need anymore guards.

D_Boy_bruno
08-24-2008, 05:13 PM
i know you guys probly think that resignin delonte isnt such a good idea.......but the way i look at it is great b/c it gives us more depth at every position.......i believe when you create a team in the nba for 82 games you should always hav options and havin 3point guards and Centers in the nba is always a great fit.........b/c anything can happen lik a injury.....

Cavs_Fan24
08-24-2008, 06:14 PM
i know you guys probly think that resignin delonte isnt such a good idea.......but the way i look at it is great b/c it gives us more depth at every position.......i believe when you create a team in the nba for 82 games you should always hav options and havin 3point guards and Centers in the nba is always a great fit.........b/c anything can happen lik a injury.....

True, but it probably wont happen cuz Delonte wants playing time, and he knows he isnt gonna get as much. It is a nice idea though.

Cavs_Fan24
08-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Who do you guys think we might get between now and the deadline?
T-Mac to Cavs? lol

yeh, i wish!

i can see us getting Mike Dunleavy, Mike Miller, or (longshot) Stephen Jackson at the deadline.

IndiansFan337
08-25-2008, 11:40 AM
yeh, i wish!

i can see us getting Mike Dunleavy, Mike Miller, or (longshot) Stephen Jackson at the deadline.

I would be ecstatic if we could acquire Dunleavy for Wally.

But I don't think that Indy would make that trade until the deadline, for fear of alienating their fan base even though they are obviously rebuilding right now.

They already had the lowest attendance in the NBA last season, so trading Dunleavy for Wally prior to the season would pretty much cement that for the second consecutive year, something that no front office wants.