Bayless Roy.

Bayless Fernandez AND roy ?

Beno7500
08-24-2008, 04:46 AM
Roy and Fernandez.

Bayless would come off the bench.

_Supreme_
08-24-2008, 04:59 AM
Is Fernandez a point guard or rather more of a SG with point guard skills?

Roy starts at SG, and whichever of the other two is more natural at the PG spot.

They are both rookies next season, but the 3 man rotation should be great. If I'd had to guess Bayless starts and Fernandez comes off the bench to play about equal or only slightly less minutes.

Hellcrooner
08-24-2008, 05:08 AM
the answer is Neither of three is a true Pg.

SeoulBeatz
08-24-2008, 05:20 AM
get fernandez on the court no matter what

i think bayless, fernandez, roy, aldridge, and oden is the best way to go.

fernandez is the second coming of ginobili

Lakersfan2483
08-24-2008, 06:14 AM
B. Roy and R. Fernandez should start.

FOBolous
08-24-2008, 06:17 AM
Fernandez >>>> Bayless

no college player can do what Fernandez did to Team USA.

UK Bull
08-24-2008, 06:50 AM
Bayless, Fernandez, Roy, Aldridge, Oden

Outlaw 6th man

Knicks845
08-24-2008, 07:25 AM
That's a nice look ^

bogdanrom
08-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Definitely Fernandez. He has been amazing this Olympics. He isn't a true PG, but he can play that position, and Roy could handle the ball too. Bayless can come off the bench and provide scoring.

gumpspeed
08-24-2008, 12:11 PM
I guess you people don't believe in defense. Neither Rudy nor Bayless plays any defense. Rudy has to jack up shots along with Bayless to be "good". Rudy cannot penetrate, thus he jacked up threes left and right. I'm sure that will help the Blazers win a lot of games!! Same goes for Bayless. Those guys are bench players. Rudy would get crushed playing the sf!! Are you kidding?? Blake is starting with Roy. Too many cooks spoil a meal!! How old are you guys anyway?? The Blazers have Oden and LMA on the team!! I see a lot of talent, not enough balls and no one running the most important position on the floor...........PG!!

PhillyLuver
08-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Fernandez-Roy and Bayless off the bench

_Sn1P3r_
08-24-2008, 12:43 PM
You could easily put anyone with Roy but Fernandez already proved himself in the pros so him for now.

lakers4sho
08-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Oden
Aldridge
Outlaw
Roy
Fernandez

Fernandez ain't a true PG but he can play the PG. Plus he's a little skinny for a SG...

mitch91
08-24-2008, 02:02 PM
will steve blake not get a shot?

FOBolous
08-24-2008, 02:10 PM
will steve blake not get a shot?

not from the looks of it

bogdanrom
08-24-2008, 02:24 PM
I guess you people don't believe in defense. Neither Rudy nor Bayless plays any defense. Rudy has to jack up shots along with Bayless to be "good". Rudy cannot penetrate, thus he jacked up threes left and right. I'm sure that will help the Blazers win a lot of games!! Same goes for Bayless. Those guys are bench players. Rudy would get crushed playing the sf!! Are you kidding?? Blake is starting with Roy. Too many cooks spoil a meal!! How old are you guys anyway?? The Blazers have Oden and LMA on the team!! I see a lot of talent, not enough balls and no one running the most important position on the floor...........PG!!

I guess you didn't see the game today. Plus he was 5 for 9 from three. And since when does Blake play any defense. He is a true PG, but I'll take Rudy over Blake any day. Also Rudy won't play the SF, worse case Roy plays SF, not Rudy, but won't happen. I'm 18. How old are you?

OtR_Ducks
08-24-2008, 02:38 PM
rudy and bayless will both be coming off the bench at least at the beginning of the season with blake and roy starting. but hopefully before too long bayless can step in as a starter.

bayless, fernandez, outlaw/webster, frye, pryzbilla as the SECOND unit

that's pretty nice to have coming off your bench. GO BLAZERS!

njnets
08-24-2008, 03:32 PM
blazers are gonna be good this year. dam.

lakers4sho
08-24-2008, 03:41 PM
They'd be beastly if Fernandez adjusts quickly to American style of basketball.

MiamiHeatWade33
08-24-2008, 04:36 PM
fernandaz will be back court bayless will be point guard..

lakers4sho
08-24-2008, 04:37 PM
fernandaz will be back court bayless will be point guard..

...and Roy will be SF?? :confused:

SAVAGE CLAW
08-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Blazers will eventually NEED to trade two of the three for a good Point Guard.

Sadly and basing on previous experience with Blazers past Front Offices and Nate Mcmillan, out of racism or american Chauvinism Rudy is going to have a very hard time there.

Come on, they used Petrovic as a garbage minutes man!!!!.

blackjack_119
08-25-2008, 01:21 AM
Blazers will eventually NEED to trade two of the three for a good Point Guard.

Sadly and basing on previous experience with Blazers past Front Offices and Nate Mcmillan, out of racism or american Chauvinism Rudy is going to have a very hard time there.

Come on, they used Petrovic as a garbage minutes man!!!!.

So it's racist that Petrovic didn't start over Clyde Drexler:pity:

As for Nate McMillan... first, Rudy Fernandez is much better than Sergio Rodriguez. Second, Sergio would have gotten more playing time if he learned the game. Do you know how may times he would break on a pick for the screen was set. LaMarcus received so many fouls because of those mental errors by Sergio. Third, how is it racism to start Steve Blake over Sergio Rodriguez... they are both white.

Getting back on topic...

Steve Blake and Brandon Roy will start to begin the season because Nate McMillan like veterans and it's hard enough to introduce one rookie into the starting lineup (Oden) but two, especially at critical positions like Center and PG is a difficult task on a playoff contending team.

Even though Blake starts, I think Bayless and Fernandez may see more playing time since Bayless will play all of the fourth quarter when Roy runs the offense and Rudy Fernandez will play a Ginobili type role... coming off the bench but garnering a lot of minutes when effective.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-25-2008, 01:25 AM
Drexler could have been moved to Sf.

And the problem was not that he didnt start, the problem is he got to play like 5 minutes a game.!!!!

Well he still had more luck with the Blazers than Fernando Martin , RIP.

IndyRealist
08-26-2008, 02:48 PM
There's no indication Fernandez's game will translate into the NBA. Same goes for Bayless, and he NEEDS to learn to play point. Look at the Lakers with Derek Fisher, Philly and Andre Miller. On a team full of young talent, the veteran PG starts, every time. Steve Blake.

What's funny is saying that racists are holding back someone from the Spanish National Team.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/aug/11/olympicsbasketball.olympics20081
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,901060403-1176955,00.html

mrblisterdundee
08-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Brandon Roy and Rudy Fernandez should start as a combo back court. They're both combo guards, so it has a good chance of working. Bayless would work better as a bench scoring option playing next to the only true point guard on the Blazers, Steve Blake.

phils07
08-26-2008, 03:25 PM
chill out with rudy fernandez. Hes very good, correct. but he sure as hell aint starting from day one. i know this post says who would YOU start, but he isnt starting. itll be blake, roy, based on last year webster, aldridge, and oden. bayless could be like Louis williams off the bench as a lethal scorer. fernandez as well even tho he clearly plays like manu. and to the kid that was just erroneous in all areas about Rudy--you didnt watch the olympics. he gets to the god damn rim with his surprising athleticism (did u see the dunk on dwight howard?????????). then u said that about bayless too. BAYLESS ONLY GETS TO THE RIM. he averaged like 40 free throws in the summer league. ok, its the summer league, but his game isnt going to change. the man is very athletic and is a deft scorer. its game over when all these people develop and get acclimated to the NBA game.

people really throw the term "true point guard" with no restraint. its really not a big deal that they dont have paul or nash. roy handles the ball like a PG and steve blake is serviceable. its good that bayless, as a combo guard, doesnt have to run the show all the time to be effective because Roy is most effective with the ball in his hands. bayless and blake will be good at sparing some of the tiring minutes roy would get handling the ball. they dont NEED to trade anyone as someone said before. theyre the deepest team in the league and will probably make the playoffs this year. let them grow together. a dynasty will ensue.

aman_13
08-26-2008, 10:02 PM
I really like the Blazers this year. I also really like Fernandez, i can see him coming to Toronto in the future. Blazers will have too much talent in the future and Fernandez could be the odd man out.

CowboysKB24
08-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Let the rookie play

CowboysKB24
08-26-2008, 10:34 PM
I want to see Greg Oden

KG#1
08-26-2008, 11:43 PM
roy and bayless start
roy plays pg and bayless guards the smaller guard
rudy future 6th man of year

JustBlaze07
08-26-2008, 11:52 PM
from what i have read the lineup at least for the first couple of games will look like this PG: Blake SG: Roy SF:Webster/Outlaw depending on who does better in camp PF: Aldringe C: Oden/Przybilla depending on if oden is in game shape.

NJ NETS
08-26-2008, 11:54 PM
roy and fernandez

michaellui11
08-27-2008, 12:25 AM
Bayless, Fernandez, Roy, Aldridge, Oden

nygiants242
08-27-2008, 12:37 AM
fernandez roy IMO

Tblaze
08-27-2008, 06:44 AM
I think Fernandez will be playing like Ginobili... as a 6th man

$ NyC $
08-27-2008, 07:36 AM
I've heard that if he was put on any other team where he could get starter minutes Rudy would be an all-star...i say play

Roy
Fernandaz
Outlaw
Aldridge
Oden

or
Blake
Fernandaz
Roy
Aldridge
Oden

and you have a sf/pf in Outlaw and a pg/sg in Bayless off the bench

blazers=future
08-27-2008, 07:55 AM
i dont reckon any of those options works at the moment.
at the start of the season it will be Blake and Roy starting... maybe with Roy and Bayless or Roy and Fernandez finishing the game... with Outlaw/Webster at the three (Rudy can also play here) and Aldridge and Oden 4 and 5.
Midway though if Bayliss shows some point skills he could get the starting role...
Of course, Bayless can guard the point guard and Roy bring the ball up the court with Bayliss as an aggressive wing (vice-versa with Fernandez)
I'd also like to see some more of Sergio Rodriguez this year...
Maybe an umptempo bench team every now and then with Sergio 1, Bayless 2, Rudy 3, Outlaw 4 and Oden or LMA 5.

LakerzDQ
08-27-2008, 07:57 AM
I say, trade for Ben Gordon.

Raptors27
08-27-2008, 10:30 AM
1st Unit: Bayless Roy Outlaw Aldridge Oden

2nd Unit: Blake Fernandez(6th man) Webster Frye Przybilla

Rodriguez Batum Diogu Lafrentz

Really Solid Team.