PDA

View Full Version : What will the next USA Mens Basketball teams roster look like?

Beno7500
08-24-2008, 04:37 AM
Post your Roster for the next time.

Hellcrooner
08-24-2008, 04:49 AM
Brring injuries i would take the SAME 12 men

Chemistry is golden.

Ask spain who has had more or less the same roster for 5 years.

EddieB
08-24-2008, 04:50 AM
Andrew Bynum and Oden
Lebran
Whistle
Paul

Lakersfan2483
08-24-2008, 05:01 AM
Same team, maybe add Oden, and Bynum if they develop more. Replace Kidd with a younger guy like D. Rose if he turns out good in the NBA. It's tough because it's 4 yrs away from now.

JWalk126
08-24-2008, 05:06 AM
you mean in the next olympics or the FIBA world championship?

Beno7500
08-24-2008, 05:14 AM
Olympics

stawka
08-24-2008, 05:58 AM
Prince has to go, as does Boozer.

Prince will be replaced by Durant, Boozer will be replaced with anyone in the NBA including Kwame Brown.

As much as I like Boozer, he did nothing during the Olympics. He didn't really get a chance to do much, but when he was out on the floor I didn't see much productivity from him at all

_Supreme_
08-24-2008, 06:13 AM
I'd like to see:

- Pierce instead of Melo

- Brand instead of Prince

- Roy instead of Kidd

- Artest instead of Redd :D

innovator
08-24-2008, 06:16 AM
^lol PIERCE over melo????

durant istead of redd
roy instead of kidd
amare instead of prince

_Supreme_
08-24-2008, 06:20 AM

Yes, I don't think Melo adds that much to the team when Lebron, Wade and Kobe are all healthy. Granted it would be better to add someone young instead of Pierce.

I'd be fine with Durant over Melo also (maybe Beasley in a couple of years), or KG over Melo or Boozer, but I don't think KG wants to be on the US team any more.

stawka
08-24-2008, 06:25 AM
Oh yeah, Melo. How could I forget about him? GET HIM OUTA THERE! Put Artest in. They do the same thing, except Artest takes less shots and plays A LOT more defense. Damn that would be one tough team with Artest in there lol

fredv
08-24-2008, 06:29 AM
Oh yeah, Melo. How could I forget about him? GET HIM OUTA THERE! Put Artest in. They do the same thing, except Artest takes less shots and plays A LOT more defense. Damn that would be one tough team with Artest in there lol

Yeah he wasn't invited. I saw an interview of him where he said that he was supposed to be out there dominating with his buddies but they didn't invite him.

FOBolous
08-24-2008, 06:31 AM
Depends on which present Team USA player slows down because of age and which Team USA Select Team member stands out.

Dwayne Wade, Chris Paul, Lebron James, Dwight Howard, Deron William, and Chris Bosh are probably going to be the core for the next 10 years because of how young they are and how good they are barring any career threatening injuries.

Jkidd is going to be out for sure. Kobe MAYBE depending on how good he is by the time the next international competition comes around cause he's 30 now and he'll definitely slow down a little a few years from now. Prince, Boozer, Michael Redd, and Carmelo Anthony are definitely on the bubble.

now to the players that might replace them...here's Team USA Select Team's roster:

http://www.usabasketball.com/news.php?news_page=2008Mselectroster

all the big men from the select team roster has a shot at being on Team USA for the next international competition because Team USA has an extremely thin front court...most notably Al Horford and LaMarcus Aldridge. The player to replace Redd as our designated zone buster would probably be Kevin Martin. The player to replace Melo would probably be Durant. Mayo, Bayless, and Rose all have a chance at replacing Kidd depending on how they develop...as for our defensive stopper...Jeff Green could be the guy.

but yea...just my opinion tho :p

FOBolous
08-24-2008, 06:33 AM
i think kobephiles might start bashing me and calling me a hater for suggesting that Kobe might slow down a few years from now

stawka
08-24-2008, 06:37 AM
Well it is 4 years from now. Lets not forget, Kobe started in the league at a young age. His knee's will probably bum out at a young age, will decline at a young age and will probably retire at a young age.

Team USA is in safe hands, with LeBron/CP3/Dwight leading the way in the future. After Shaq/Duncan/Jordan/Magic/Bird and all the great's and HOF'ers, you would think Team USA is done forever as these guys could never be replaced. But damn, they will still be up there taking the gold for a long time

EddieB
08-24-2008, 06:43 AM
I'd like to see:

- Pierce instead of Melo

- Brand instead of Prince

- Roy instead of Kidd

- Artest instead of Redd :D

come on dude

fredv
08-24-2008, 06:47 AM
I'd add young guys like Oden, Durant and maybe Beasley or Roy. Because we can't just go out there with the same lineup, then once the Olympics are over, have no experienced players for the next one. So I think that it's important for young players to go out there and make there experience. Just like Lebron 4 years ago.

FOBolous
08-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Depends on which present Team USA player slows down because of age and which Team USA Select Team member stands out.

Dwayne Wade, Chris Paul, Lebron James, Dwight Howard, Deron William, and Chris Bosh are probably going to be the core for the next 10 years because of how young they are and how good they are barring any career threatening injuries.

Jkidd is going to be out for sure. Kobe MAYBE depending on how good he is by the time the next international competition comes around cause he's 30 now and he'll definitely slow down a little a few years from now. Prince, Boozer, Michael Redd, and Carmelo Anthony are definitely on the bubble.

now to the players that might replace them...here's Team USA Select Team's roster:

http://www.usabasketball.com/news.php?news_page=2008Mselectroster

all the big men from the select team roster has a shot at being on Team USA for the next international competition because Team USA has an extremely thin front court...most notably Al Horford and LaMarcus Aldridge. The player to replace Redd as our designated zone buster would probably be Kevin Martin. The player to replace Melo would probably be Durant. Mayo, Bayless, and Rose all have a chance at replacing Kidd depending on how they develop...as for our defensive stopper...Jeff Green could be the guy.

but yea...just my opinion tho :p

with that in mind...my roster would be

PG - Chris Paul / Deron Wiliiams
SG - Dwayne Wade / Kobe Bryant (cause he would be 34) / Kevin Martin
SF - Lebron James / Kevin Durant / Jeff Green
PF - Dwight Howard / LaMarcus Aldrige
C - Chris Bosh / Al Horford

stawka
08-24-2008, 07:00 AM
LMAO. That's one hell of a scary starting 5. That's All-Star right there

Knicks845
08-24-2008, 08:04 AM
PG - Chris Paul SG - Dwayne Wade SF - Lebron James PF - Chris Bosh C - Dwight Howard 6th Man - Kevin Durant Role Players Kevin Martin,Deron Williams,Gred Oden,Al horford,R-test,Melo

grkmaster
08-24-2008, 08:10 AM

Dwight is a Center and Bosh is a PF... either way their opponent on D will have a tough time

KBfrom8to24
08-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Prince has to go, as does Boozer.

Prince will be replaced by Durant, Boozer will be replaced with anyone in the NBA including Kwame Brown.

As much as I like Boozer, he did nothing during the Olympics. He didn't really get a chance to do much, but when he was out on the floor I didn't see much productivity from him at all

I agree that Boozer should be replaced, but Prince throughout the olympics, has played consistently, the role of quality player that the team USA needs.

mosdef17
08-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Probably something like this:

C: Greg Oden
C: Andrew Bynum
C: Al Jefferson
F: Carmelo Anthony
F: LeBron James
F: Michael Beasley
F: Kevin Durant
G: Kevin Martin
G: Dwyane Wade
G: O.J Mayo
G: Derrick Rose
G: Brandon Roy

Bron, Melo and Wade might not all be back. Chris Paul might be but who knows. It will probably go something like that.

knicks1214
08-24-2008, 09:49 AM
G-Roy
G-Kobe(he still wants to play and he'll still be good)
G-Paul
G-Williams
G-Mayo
G-Michael Redd (if he wants back in)/Eric Gordon (need shooter)/some other good shooter
G-Wade
F-Amare
F-Bosh
F-Beasley
F-Durant
F-Melo
F-Lebron
C-Oden
C-Howard
C-Bynum? or Jefferson
This team would be sick

mosdef17
08-24-2008, 09:58 AM
G-Roy
G-Kobe(he still wants to play and he'll still be good)
G-Paul
G-Williams
G-Mayo
G-Michael Redd (if he wants back in)/Eric Gordon (need shooter)/some other good shooter
G-Wade
F-Amare
F-Bosh
F-Beasley
F-Durant
F-Melo
F-Lebron
C-Oden
C-Howard
C-Bynum? or Jefferson
This team would be sick

You basically just chose the same squad, took out maybe 3 people and added 7 :confused: Your only allowed to have 12 players too...

knicks1214
08-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Lol, I forgot about the 12 player thing. And yea, I did only take out a few and added more. The core of the group is still going to be 26-28 years old. We should get them back. No Bynum/Jefferson or Beasley then. No Mayo (that's 13) and no Durant. Roy, Kobe, Paul, Williams, Redd, Wade, Amare, Bosh, Melo, Lebron, Oden, Howard. That's my team.

WSUJJ
08-24-2008, 10:45 AM
didtheywingold?

knicks1214
08-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Obviously...

*Superman*
08-24-2008, 10:55 AM
WTF, when did the Gold game come on. I woke up and turned the TV on and was looking to see if the bronze game was comming on and they were interving Kobe and Wade. WTF! I thought the game came on 2:30 Eastern time.

knicks1214
08-24-2008, 11:03 AM
It was on at 2:30 in the morning. That was a replay you were watching probably.

*Superman*
08-24-2008, 11:06 AM
:mad:****, i missed the game.:cry: I waited so long to see that and now its gone.FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC KKKKKKKKKKKK.

IndyRealist
08-24-2008, 11:43 AM
No one wants Artest representing their team, let alone their country. Is there any garuantee that anyone from this team will be back in four years? Have they said so? Alot of players from '96 and '00 were happy with one gold medal. Kidd's probably done, but I can see Dwight Howard not coming back, Melo, Redd, Prince, Kobe, maybe even Wade, Paul, Williams and Bosh. It could be pretty bleak in '12.

zachattach
08-24-2008, 11:48 AM

Bron, Melo and Wade might not all be back. Chris Paul might be but who knows. It will probably go something like that.

i like this except i keep CP3, Deron Williams and Kobe Bryant. take out Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo and Kevin Martin. And yes i know its 4 years from now
Maybe even take out Beasley and keep Bosh

Hawkeye15
08-24-2008, 11:57 AM
LeBron, Paul, Bosh, Howard, Melo, Williams, Love, Beasley, to name a few. It won't be the same team exactly, but half the team will remain I think

Hawkeye15
08-24-2008, 11:59 AM
i like this except i keep CP3, Deron Williams and Kobe Bryant. take out Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo and Kevin Martin. And yes i know its 4 years from now
Maybe even take out Beasley and keep Bosh

Lose Mayo and Rose for sure. Rose can't shoot, his game won't translate into the international game, and Mayo is highly overrated.

JustBlaze07
08-24-2008, 12:00 PM
i see the same guys but i think that b-roy, aldrigde, oden will probably be on the roster to

Hawkeye15
08-24-2008, 12:01 PM

Can you say zone? There isn't a shooter in this entire lineup

FOBolous
08-24-2008, 01:23 PM
:mad:****, i missed the game.:cry: I waited so long to see that and now its gone.FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC KKKKKKKKKKKK.

you missed a really REALLY good game. i think it was one of the best basketball game i have ever watched....there was a point in the 4th quarter where i was actually scared that Team USA might lose.

:p

but seriously though...it was a good game.

mrblisterdundee
08-24-2008, 01:54 PM
This year's squad had one true center, and one true power forward who was also utilized as a center. They also had four small forwards who were also utilized as power forwards. They also had three true shooting guards, and three true point guards. I think next time they'll use one less true point guard and one more power forward/center.
C/PF:
Dwight Howard
Chris Bosh
LaMarcus Aldridge
SF/PF:
LeBron James
Carmelo Anthony
Kevin Durant
Al Thornton
SG:
Dwayne Wade
Brandon Roy
Joe Johnson
PG:
Chris Paul
Deron Williams

garlicboy
08-24-2008, 02:02 PM
MONTA ELLIS for sure!!!

Beno7500
08-24-2008, 02:13 PM
PG Paul/Williams
SG Wade/(Maybe Kobe)/K.Martin
SF Lebron/Durant/Artest?
PF Bosh/Stoudemire
C Howard/Oden

njnets
08-24-2008, 02:25 PM
def not artest

paul/williams
wade/johnson/martin
lebron/durant/kapono (yes because catch and shoot)
bosh/amare
howard/aldridge

kapono will not make it but another guy like him probably would. johnson is also a 3 point shooter (44% last year).

SwaggaIke
08-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Its highly doubtful that D Wade or Kobe will play again. Kobe will be 34 and D Wade will be 30. They already have what they came for.

Paul/Williams/Stuckey
Roy/Martin
Durant/Green
Bosh/Aldridge
Howard/Bynum/Oden

MiamiHeat
08-24-2008, 03:57 PM
^^ Kobe wants to play in 2012 Olympics
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263497
and i see Wade playing in another one too, he will be like 30 not too old

SwaggaIke
08-24-2008, 04:00 PM
^^ Kobe wants to play in 2012 Olympics
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263497
and i see Wade another one too, he will be like 30 not too old

Wow, I take it back. He said if they want him back, he'll come back. And who the hell will say no to Kobe Bryant?<--- LMAO...I set myself for one, but I won't say it personally.

Master Mind
08-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Paul/Williams
Wade/Bryant/Ellis
James/Anthony
Bosh/Amare
Howard/Oden

SeoulBeatz
08-24-2008, 04:23 PM
^^ellis?

no

hes a combo guard with a subpar 3 point shot. a product of the system, no way he should be on the olympic squad when there are lot of TRUE PG and SG who can drain threes.

better replace him with Kevin Martin

MiamiHeatWade33
08-24-2008, 04:26 PM
lakers ans are just being stupid right now why would coach k add bynum to the usa sqaud? andrew bynum will be a horrible awful addition to the squad, id rather add kwame brown to the usa roster instead trust me, lakers fans are everywhere in this forum they just want all there overrated players to be added for the olympics and its funny cause they know that they can predict another player to be added on the usa sqaud thats better then bynum like tim duncan......

MiamiHeatWade33
08-24-2008, 04:33 PM
lakers fans have the most horrible predictions ive ever seen they know that adding bynum would be horrible or team usa, usa i bet you wouldnt win gold if they added bynum it truely be a big huge mistake adding bynum, lakers fans they are just posting this type of thing to make others hate on them and get all upset lol...

fins08
08-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Paul/Williams
Wade/Roy
Lebron/Durant
Melo/Beasley/Bosh
Howard/Oden/Chandler

Josh Smith, future rookies, Derrick Rose may make it.

Knowledge
08-24-2008, 05:16 PM
i know they probably wont do this, but why not add Childress?

He will be a experienced American player at the international game by 2012 assuming he starys overseas for a while.-Kinda like the 2012 Tayshawn Prince

Also he would be competing against teams we may face in the future so he may be able to help with the preparation.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2008, 05:27 PM
C- Howard/Bosh
PF- Al Jefferson/LeBron James
SF- Melo/Durant
SG- Kobe/Wade/Gibson
PG- Paul/Williams

Add either Rose if he has developed, or someone like Kevin Love, who would be perfect for the international game due to his shooting, passing and toughness. I chose Gibson because I can't think of any other shooters who won't be at least 32 or older by the next olympics, there is probably a better choice. Foye maybe? And LeBron would obviously start, not sure if it would be at 3-4

Kyben36
08-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Kidd Will not be there.

Kobe will be on the edge of not being there

Probably Rose, Conley, or some other PG will take Kidds place.

bogdanrom
08-24-2008, 06:13 PM
PG Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Rodney Stuckey
SG Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Martin
SF Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony
PF Chris Bosh, Amare
C Dwight Howard, Greg Oden

breedlove2drug
08-24-2008, 06:20 PM
lakers ans are just being stupid right now why would coach k add bynum to the usa sqaud? andrew bynum will be a horrible awful addition to the squad, id rather add kwame brown to the usa roster instead trust me, lakers fans are everywhere in this forum they just want all there overrated players to be added for the olympics and its funny cause they know that they can predict another player to be added on the usa sqaud thats better then bynum like tim duncan......

you would rather have kwame than bynum? wow, thats stupid

mosdef17
08-24-2008, 07:15 PM

Can you say zone? There isn't a shooter in this entire lineup

Are you kidding me? I assume that was meant to be a funny joke. Kevin Martin, O.J Mayo, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant and Brandon Roy are all great Jumpshots. This years team only had Michael Redd as the designated shooter and then people like Williams and Kobe would knock down shots here and there. Martin would be the shooter with those other guys I mentioned being threats.

Just realised I forgot about Rodney Stucky, he should be on the side too come 2008. Don't know who I would ditch for him though.

nbafan19
08-25-2008, 02:25 AM
It's pretty obvious now that Kidd, Kobe aren't coming back due to age. Also, I've been hearing that Wade, Melo and Lebron probably won't come back for the 2012 games because they have been on the U.S program for quit a bit of time and probably want there summers off resting/vacation. I highly doubt Redd, Boozer and Prince will make the squad leaving Paul, Williams, Bosh, Howard to return. This will probably be the U.S team for the 2012 games

Point Guards: Chris Paul, Derron Williams, Derrik Rose
Shooting Guards: Brandon Roy, Kevin Martin
Small Forwards: Kevin Durant, Andre Igoudala
Power Forwards: Chris Bosh, LaMarcus Aldridge, Michael Beasley
Centers: Dwight Howard, Greg Oden

Other Players that possibly can make it include..
Al Horford - Power Forward
Rodney Stuckey - Point Guard
O.J Mayo - Shooting Guard

lakersrock
08-25-2008, 02:31 AM
PG - CP3, Deron, Rose
SG - Kobe, Wade, Roy
SF - Melo, AI, LeBron
PF - Smith, Beasley, Brand
C - Dwight, Bosh, Bynum

That team is still all but unbeatable. You've got deadly scorers, great PG play and either transition type C or a slow it down and pound it type C. The team for 12 will be great if they get together fast enough.

(The players arn't in any order btw.)

BarryIsInnocent
08-25-2008, 02:48 AM
Monta Ellis will make the squad..thats if he wants to....Hes only 23 i believe how can you say hes a product of teh system. all his points are not fastbreak..he drains every pullup jumper he takes.

carruthers32
08-25-2008, 03:03 AM
Chris Paul
Dwayne Wade
LeBron James
Amare Stoudemire
Dwight Howard

Deron Williams
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Bosh
Greg Oden
Derrick Rose
Michael Beasley

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 03:26 AM
CP3///DWill///Derick Rose??
DWade///Kevin Durant///
Lerbon///Josh Smith
Melo///Bosh//
D12///Bynum

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-25-2008, 03:34 AM

Jeff Green?? OVER MELO?!?!?! ARE U AN IDIOT?

:crazy:

Beno7500
08-25-2008, 03:36 AM
Jeff Green sucks.

agnine
08-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Paul
D Williams
Bryant (if he wants)
Mayo
Wade
Anthony
James
Durant
Gay
Howard
Bosh
Bynum

12 man roster right?

carruthers32
08-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Paul
D Williams
Bryant (if he wants)
Mayo
Wade
Anthony
James
Durant
Gay
Howard
Bosh
Bynum

12 man roster right?

whos the 3rd pg?

carruthers32
08-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Paul/Williams
Wade/Bryant/Ellis
James/Anthony
Bosh/Amare
Howard/Oden

I cant see Kobe playing again. But I would take Durant or Beasley over Ellis

carruthers32
08-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Lose Mayo and Rose for sure. Rose can't shoot, his game won't translate into the international game, and Mayo is highly overrated.

he can create and play D. Hes a mismatch.

njdevilsnnets
08-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Devin Harris for kid,

in 4 years D.H wil be a top 5 P.G.

Jefferson, man hes gotta have a shot, replace Prince.

THE_FLASH_21
08-25-2008, 05:58 PM

durant istead of redd
roy instead of kidd
amare instead of prince

Redd is the best pure shooter in the league... :confused:

mitch91
08-25-2008, 06:13 PM
depends entirely on who wants to play again