PDA

View Full Version : Who Lied?

SAVAGE CLAW
08-24-2008, 01:49 AM
Ok if you remember all the Garbo affair Raptors said that he had injured in the World cup and he would never play again so the insurance had to pay, spanish doctors said he could play, raptors doctors said he couldnt.

At the begining of the season Garbo said he could play but the team said he had to go trough surgery, he took it even against his own feelings, Raptors then demmanded the insurance to get paid the Money.

They even cut Garbo to prove he was done....

Well if you have followed the Olympics.... he is FAR from done.

so

WHO LIED?

Bob_at_york
08-24-2008, 08:38 AM
Ok if you remember all the Garbo affair Raptors said that he had injured in the World cup and he would never play again so the insurance had to pay, spanish doctors said he could play, raptors doctors said he couldnt.

At the begining of the season Garbo said he could play but the team said he had to go trough surgery, he took it even against his own feelings, Raptors then demmanded the insurance to get paid the Money.

They even cut Garbo to prove he was done....

Well if you have followed the Olympics.... he is FAR from done.

so

WHO LIED?

You seem confused or you aren't explaining it right, but to answer your question I am starting to think both sides lied. Let me break down the events:

- Garbo got injured against Boston
- Garbo wanted to play in European Championship, Raptors said he shouldn't he needed more surgery because his leg didn't heal the way they hoped it would. Spanish doctors LIED and said Garbo was healthy.
- Garbo played in Euro champs and started the NBA season, he definitely looked injured. He had surgery.
- This summer the Raptors agreed to a buy-out with Garbo and LIED to their fans and told us that he was done. In the end, I guess they believed he wasn't going to get court time here, he wasn't going to be happy here and they could save money with the buy-out. I still think they should have been straight up with us.

ramz.n
08-24-2008, 09:05 AM
i just feel that the olympics is totally different from the NBA...theres 82 games in a regular season and i don't think the Raptors believed that Garbo would make it through the entire season

katman
08-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Looking over the timing of events, I'd think they got rid of Garbo for some cap flexibility to make the JO trade. Both events happened pretty close to the same time

JWalk126
08-24-2008, 05:58 PM
You seem confused or you aren't explaining it right, but to answer your question I am starting to think both sides lied. Let me break down the events:

- Garbo got injured against Boston
- Garbo wanted to play in European Championship, Raptors said he shouldn't he needed more surgery because his leg didn't heal the way they hoped it would. Spanish doctors LIED and said Garbo was healthy.
- Garbo played in Euro champs and started the NBA season, he definitely looked injured. He had surgery.
- This summer the Raptors agreed to a buy-out with Garbo and LIED to their fans and told us that he was done. In the end, I guess they believed he wasn't going to get court time here, he wasn't going to be happy here and they could save money with the buy-out. I still think they should have been straight up with us.
Garbo also lied, one of the conditions of his buy-out was so that he could play for a specific team in Spain. he ended up signing in Khimki Moscow (he will be Carlos Delfino's Teammate next season)

The Wise 1
08-24-2008, 06:03 PM
Garbo also lied, one of the conditions of his buy-out was so that he could play for a specific team in Spain. he ended up signing in Khimki Moscow (he will be Carlos Delfino's Teammate next season)

That also pisses me off because my thinking is (correct me if im wrong) that he ended up going there instead of Spain because he was chasing the money. The Raptors pretty much agreed to pay him whatever the amount was to add up to his contract he was going to sign in Spain to equal the money he was going to see if he stayed here. Then once he got the Raps money he ends up going somewhere else for more money.

maxgraham
08-24-2008, 07:25 PM
i dont remember the raps ever lying to us... they wanted out of the mess... bought him out and said he was done "here"... i dont remember them saying they bought him out because he was done period

star
08-24-2008, 08:13 PM
i think people are upset because we could have at least used his contract as trade bait or to make other deals - not that he LIED

The Wise 1
08-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Im more upset because he didnt listen to his employer.

RapsFan4Life
08-25-2008, 10:53 AM
no one should be upset, garbo's salary was minimul, raptors organization should just take a couple million dollar hit and im happy he left, wasnt much for a player anyways, we have a fan favorite versitility dunker in jamario who is cheaper and frankly a better baller ... let garbo go were ever he wants, mosco spain who cares .. let him be happy he was a great guy who came to the nba to learn to speak english and i wish him luck in life

Bob_at_york
08-25-2008, 11:04 AM
no one should be upset, garbo's salary was minimul, raptors organization should just take a couple million dollar hit and im happy he left, wasnt much for a player anyways, we have a fan favorite versitility dunker in jamario who is cheaper and frankly a better baller ... let garbo go were ever he wants, mosco spain who cares .. let him be happy he was a great guy who came to the nba to learn to speak english and i wish him luck in life
So much to respond to here... you think Jamario is a better basketball player? I can't believe how dismissive you are of Garbo ("to learn to speak english"). Also, you do understand that an expiring contract like Garbo's can be very valuable in the NBA?

katman
08-25-2008, 12:48 PM
I'd be willing to bet Garbo has forgotten more about basketball that Jamario will ever know. As is typical people think, players with fundamentally skills and a brain are NEVER as good as an athletic dunker lol

ramz.n
08-27-2008, 06:27 PM
i think people are upset because we could have at least used his contract as trade bait or to make other deals - not that he LIED

i agree...we could have thrown him in a deal to get maybe a draft pick or even another project player =(