PDA

View Full Version : Would it be a good idea if Dallas?

SAVAGE CLAW
08-24-2008, 12:21 AM
Would it be a good idea if dallas took a Last shoot in the chamber way , or to be precise, Try to win today start from 0 tomorrow Plan?.

I mean, its clear with current roster it will be difficult for them to win a ring, and they need to start rebuilding, but top picks are not gonna be landed, they have too much talent for that.

What im suggesting is they trade whatever "young" assets they have like Green, Terry, Howard, Bass etc in two trades.

1 For Iverson and the other For Rasheed Wallace.

They both are in the market, they both expire at seasons end just like Kidds.

So basically you put out there a line up of Kidd, Iverson, Stackhouse, Dirk and Rasheed.

I think thats more than enough to have a last FAIR shot at the ring.

You win it? You ask them to take Massive amounts cuts in their new contracts so you can be a factor in the 2010 Fa Market. so you get a second Shot at the ring AND land in 2010 a star to build around alongside Dirk for the future.

They suck and dont win? You just let them all walk when they expire at season end and start from ground 0 with 80% of the salary cap Free to Sign whatever young talent you want to add up to Dirk, Both in 09 FA and 10 FA.

Knicks845
08-24-2008, 12:28 AM
You cant just get Allen Iverson & Rasheed, for young assets wtf? and terry is like 30 btw, but idk if the pistons would take howards street racing self and denver has anthony. sorry bro.

BullsNumber1Fan
08-24-2008, 12:31 AM
Just exactly what the trades be? If you make a thread like this, you should put the exact trades so we know where you are coming from and to see if it's even possible.

Beno7500
08-24-2008, 12:32 AM
Do the mavs have anyone young? they got rid of all the youngins for j kidd.

uchiha
08-24-2008, 12:35 AM
Would it be a good idea for a team to magical trade for good players? you bet

lakers4sho
08-24-2008, 12:41 AM
No. Dallas lacks depth. That's what they need to compete.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-24-2008, 01:04 AM
I started believing in Magical Trades the day Pau Gasol Was worth One Kwame Brown and some bag of fried crisps.

After that ANY trade is possible.

Use your imagination.

SeoulBeatz
08-24-2008, 01:05 AM
dallas is ****ed. next question?

JordansBulls
08-24-2008, 09:38 AM
Dallas needs to go after Vince Carter if they want a chance to win it all. But they can't give up Dirk, Howard or Diop in the process.

Rhyming Rebel
08-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Dallas needs to go after Vince Carter if they want a chance to win it all. But they can't give up Dirk, Howard or Diop in the process.

Agreed they should give up Bass, Terry and Stack and Cash for VC

mosdef17
08-24-2008, 10:39 AM
NO CHANCE I'm going after washed up superstar Vince Carter. Why do people on this forum love him so much? They should probably trade Jason Terry for someone as he is not really needed. They don't need scoring and that is basically what he brings. They need to trade him for a better centre. Diop and Dampier are guys that should be playing backup. It completely confuses me why they threw so much money at Diop when they already have an overpaid and underachieveing backup centre that is starting in Dampier.

Rasheed Wallace is not too bad of an idea, if they could trade Dampier and Terry for him that would be great but as if Detroit are taking that. That way they could play:

C: Rasheed Wallace
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
SF: Josh Howard
SG: Eddie Jones
PG: Jason Kidd

Brandon Bass
DaSegana Diop
Jerry Stackhouse
Gerald Green
Jose Barea

They probably need another veteran that can score. Someone like a Michael Finley maybe who would be reliable. Offense is fine, it's their interior defense that lets them down.

Catfish1314
08-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Sheed is definitely a realistic option. He'll be 34 next month and this is the final of year of his contract. Detroit's not going anywhere with him, but that bears the question: Would Dallas? I honestly don't think Wallace would help the Mavericks that much.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2008, 12:07 PM
The Mavs are stuck where they are. They don't have anyone to trade. Dirk would never be moved, and Howard's value is less than the dimebag he just bought. Everyone else is so so. Their window is shut. Sure they can win 50 games, and make the playoffs, but they choked against Miami in their only chance for a ring

HOZ THE KNICK
08-24-2008, 12:10 PM
that team is finished!

FromDallas
08-24-2008, 01:15 PM
As a Dallas fan I wouldn't want Iverson on the Mavs. Too old and too small. I wouldn't mind Sheed but I would still prefer for the Mavs to go young after this upcomming season. Kidd's contract is coming off the books and they start getting their 1st round picks back. I don't expect them to make any noise in the playoffs this year.