PDA

View Full Version : check this out .warriors better than last year?

mitch91
08-23-2008, 02:06 PM
they have spent alot of money this year although they have lost b-diddy. im not sure if they are better or not but captain jack seems sure they are

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9833

lakers4sho
08-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Depends if Maggette and Ellis work out on their new roles...

lavis
08-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Hell no.

They lost B-Diddy, Pietrus and Matt Barnes.

Got Corey Maggette, Marcus Williams and Ronny Turiaf.

That's a negative result.

Beno7500
08-23-2008, 02:34 PM
They will be lucky to get 30 wins.

Luke_K77bear
08-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Matt Barnes?! Who Cares...

jscotty8
08-23-2008, 02:45 PM
The lost of Baron is a big deal... but the Kings did nothing, the Suns are on the down side, and the Clips lost Brand (a much bigger deal than stealing Baron). The Warriors have a lot of good if not great young talent, and the moves they made address the weak spots from last year... So yes, they will be better, 2nd place in the Pacific is theirs to lose.

djeller1139
08-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Hell no.

Correction, they lost Baron Davis, they let Barnes and Pietrus leave.

Williams < Davis
Maggette > Pietrus
Turiaf > Barnes

+2 in my book.

lavis
08-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Matt Barnes?! Who Cares...

If you watched the '07 1st round against Mavs, Barnes was a major help off the bench.

Last season he was buried there since they have too many wing players.

Iodine
08-23-2008, 02:51 PM

Williams < Davis
Maggette > Pietrus
Turiaf > Barnes

+2 in my book.

So if you look at it like that

the 07 nuggets were better than the hornets

Anthony carter<CP3
AI>whoever the hornets pulled out
Melo>Peja
K-mart<West
Camby>TC

+1 for the nuggs thus the better team

goku
08-23-2008, 02:53 PM
they still wont make the playoffs imo

f.i.l.a.
08-23-2008, 02:57 PM

Williams < Davis
Maggette > Pietrus
Turiaf > Barnes

+2 in my book.

I tend to agree with you on this one. I'd like to also add a couple of things...

Williams < Davis (although i like marcus' upside and talent)
Maggette > Pietrus
Turiaf > Barnes (neither are really big impacts though)

+ Anthony Randolph, a very, very talented 4.
+ Richard Hendrix, highly talented, better than Barnes (eventually at least)
+ Another year for B. Wright, Belinelli, Biedrins, Azubuike

Plus, I love Monta Ellis, and I can't wait to see what he can do as the number 1 scoring guard.

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-23-2008, 02:58 PM
So if you look at it like that

the 07 nuggets were better than the hornets

Anthony carter<CP3
AI>whoever the hornets pulled out
Melo>Peja
K-mart<West
Camby>TC

+1 for the nuggs thus the better team

He wasn't rating the starting lineup, he simply meant the new additions are slightly better. Turiaf will help for D, Corey will get the scoring back, And Marcus Williams will be the new backup point.

Plus they got new young players that can cause an impact to the team ex.Randolph
And don't forget Ellis, Beidris, Wright, Bellani, Williams, Turiaf, are still very young and have more experience then before so they should be better.

Iodine
08-23-2008, 03:02 PM
He wasn't rating the starting lineup, he simply meant the new additions are slightly better. Turiaf will help for D, Corey will get the scoring back, And Marcus Williams will be the new backup point.

I was saying that you cant compare gains and losses in that form

If you lose a CP3 for Rajon ROndo but replce brendan Haywood with Sammy Dalembert and Brian Skinner with Oberto You still easily lost that offseason

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-23-2008, 03:05 PM
I was saying that you cant compare gains and losses in that form

If you lose a CP3 for Rajon ROndo but replce brendan Haywood with Sammy Dalembert and Brian Skinner with Oberto You still easily lost that offseason

But if you lose B.Davis and still have Ellis, then that leaves Ellis to stand up and be what Davis was for that team. Ellis is still very young and can still improve tremendously. They have added a supporting cast for Ellis with the money that Davis left.

Iodine
08-23-2008, 03:06 PM
But if you lose B.Davis and still have Ellis, then that leaves Ellis to stand up and be what Davis was for that team. Ellis is still very young and can still improve tremendously. They have added a supporting cast for Ellis with the money that Davis left.

Ellis cant pass nearly as well as baron though and is not near the defender

Hawkeye15
08-23-2008, 03:20 PM

Plus they got new young players that can cause an impact to the team ex.Randolph
And don't forget Ellis, Beidris, Wright, Bellani, Williams, Turiaf, are still very young and have more experience then before so they should be better.

I would be surprised if Randolph has less than 44 DNP's this year. He weighs 170 lbs. He isn't ready for the NBA, and I think he looks like a total bust

dre1990
08-23-2008, 03:25 PM
i dont think they will be better this year but in the long run i think they will. they could be a playoff team if Marcus Williams has a breakout year, which is possible.

jgonboricua
08-23-2008, 04:25 PM
depends also how well williams becomes, if he becomes a solid point gaurd they could be good
this is the line up i would start
williams/Bellineli
ellis/azubuki
maggette/jackson/harrington
Randolf/Wright/Harrington
Biedrins/Turiaf/foyal

rico
08-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Hell no.

couldnt of said it better myself.

Beno7500
08-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Williams is an average/below average PG

Knicks845
08-23-2008, 04:52 PM
I would be surprised if Randolph has less than 44 DNP's this year. He weighs 170 lbs. He isn't ready for the NBA, and I think he looks like a total bust

He reminds me a lot of Al thorton, and btw is Al harrington on the Warriors still?

Beno7500
08-23-2008, 04:56 PM

:cheers:

AllTheWay
08-23-2008, 05:01 PM
The Warriors could still have a shot. Monta can score just as well, if not better, than Baron. But the problem is passing. Can he pass well enough for their offense? That's the key. Also, their first rounder form last year, the dissapointment, he can fill Barnes shoes. Turiaf gives them an average big off the bench. They could fight for that last playoff spot.

Jay22Redd
08-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Ellis goin to score more imo. They have added Maggette and Turiaf, should give Marco more pt and Anthony Randolph could make a difference. They will be a decent team, they wont make the playoffs though.

mitch91
08-23-2008, 06:09 PM
i dont know what it is but i think they are better.

ellis
mags
captain jack
al
biedris.

i no mags is a sf but i thought they were going to move ellis 2 pg so im guesing mayb jackson or mags will play the 2spot. or maybe they will go with ellis at sg and play marvin williams

primetimekings
08-23-2008, 06:09 PM

how does he look like a total bust did u watch any summer league or any of his games in college.he is very versatile and in a don nelson offense u play alot if ur very versatile

primetimekings
08-23-2008, 06:10 PM
If you watched the '07 1st round against Mavs, Barnes was a major help off the bench.

Last season he was buried there since they have too many wing players.

he was buried on the bench because he sucked last year he got his big contract and just plain sucked last year thats why he didnt play

mitch91
08-23-2008, 06:11 PM
how does he look like a total bust did u watch any summer league or any of his games in college.he is very versatile and in a don nelson offense u play alot if ur very versatile

his summer league was impressive he can pass but i dont think his body is ready for an 81 game nba season

Beno7500
08-23-2008, 06:22 PM
his summer league was impressive he can pass but i dont think his body is ready for an 81 game nba season

His body is ready for an 82 game season, just not an 81 game season.

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Everyone thought Bosh would get destroyed in the NBA because of his size ... look at him now
A.R got skills, he can shoot the mid range well, block at will, Defend, he can do everything Bosh can. I really think this guy will become an all star in a couple of years
AND WHAT IS HE 19?!?! LOL NOW THAT'S POTENTIAL

BarryIsInnocent
08-23-2008, 08:47 PM
they could afford to let davis walk with the emergence of Monta "King Osiris" Ellis