PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the new starter to be called up?

DetTigers
08-23-2008, 03:13 AM
Guillermo Moscoso, Jonathan Kibler, Chris Lambert, Josh Rainwater, dare I say Rick Porcello, Alfredo Figaro, Duane Below, Jonah Nickerson

I would like to see Guillermo Moscoso get a shot in the rotation or Chris Lambert.

Rick Porcello is probably a long shot for sure and so is Josh Rainwater, Duane Below, Alfredo Figaro.

I could see it being a possibility that it could be Jonathan Kibler or Jonah Nickerson although they are only in A ball.

I think it will be Moscoso or Lambert.....maybe Porcello with how crazy this year has been you never know.

mark1125
08-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Guillermo Moscoso, Jonathan Kibler, Chris Lambert, Josh Rainwater, dare I say Rick Porcello, Alfredo Figaro, Duane Below, Jonah Nickerson

I would like to see Guillermo Moscoso get a shot in the rotation or Chris Lambert.

Rick Porcello is probably a long shot for sure and so is Josh Rainwater, Duane Below, Alfredo Figaro.

I could see it being a possibility that it could be Jonathan Kibler or Jonah Nickerson although they are only in A ball.

I think it will be Moscoso or Lambert.....maybe Porcello with how crazy this year has been you never know.

I agree with you. Morasco or Lambert are the logical choices. I see no reason to bring Porcello up yet.

coltsfan11
08-23-2008, 10:37 AM
I think it will be Lambert. Just putting him out instead of Marasco because I think he is a little more ready.

stanpapi
08-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Anybody but Porcello. Let him develop. No reason to bring him up so soon.

mkool65
08-23-2008, 12:34 PM
we are out of the race right now so why not give Dontrelle a shot. The games wont matter so he should not feal the pressure like he was when he first started. Then again waiting with him til next year may be a better idea.

Bondomania
08-23-2008, 12:54 PM
because you don't want the guy to come up here and get shelled and struggle with command.. really i think Dontrelle should continue his re-development plan, his last outting was a little shaky, so i would like to see how he rebounds at AAA.. don't need to crush the guys confidence.. let him build it up, and we will see him in september, but i think it could be out of the pen once rosters expand.. I am really pulling for Moscoso to get a look, he is an older prospect, 24, not reallly that old but i think he has pitched well enough to get a look. I think Moscoso could really make a run at the starting rotation next year if we don't sign anyone..

DetTigers
08-23-2008, 04:39 PM
It will be Chris Lambert who will be called up to take the spot in the rotation. The Tigers didn't announce a roster move on who will be sent off the team to make room.

redwings1
08-23-2008, 07:00 PM
i wouldnt mind seeing porcello get the nod since we are already out of the race. Why not give the guy a chance to prove his stuff?

Sheffies Chef
08-23-2008, 11:23 PM
yea, and then porc gets shelled every start, looses all his confidence and is never the same talent again. hmm, don't wanna do that do ya? wait till next year midseason before you even THINK about giving him a shot.

mark1125
08-24-2008, 12:05 AM
yea, and then porc gets shelled every start, looses all his confidence and is never the same talent again. hmm, don't wanna do that do ya? wait till next year midseason before you even THINK about giving him a shot.

You beat me to it Sheff.

There is nothing to gain at this poiny for putting him in front of major league hitters. Let him build his confidence for another year and go from there.

JMDTM
08-24-2008, 11:12 AM
man we are gonna suck next year if our pitching staff doesnt step up

Sheffies Chef
08-24-2008, 01:01 PM
bonderman going down just when he was starting to get it together was a big blow. that sucked! but gally should be good hopefully, verlander will be better, d-train should get his issues under control seeing as he has the resume' of a vet and the age of a prospect. bonderman should be back and ready. we could get a FA starter, miner will be in the mix, maybe someone like Lambert, Bonine, Moscoso if they show enough promise in the spring which all will likely get invites.