PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili...

breedlove2drug
08-23-2008, 12:59 AM
do you think he would of made a difference if he played through the whole game... I mean, the game did get close to 6 points

bogdanrom
08-23-2008, 01:01 AM
If he did play Luis Scola wouldn't get as many shots he did today. So i say no.

Joshtd1
08-23-2008, 02:24 AM
I think he would have made the game closer, but I dont think he would have made the difference. Maybe if both him and Nocioni were fully healthy, but who knows.

DopieB
08-23-2008, 02:52 AM
I think he would have made the game closer, but I dont think he would have made the difference. Maybe if both him and Nocioni were fully healthy, but who knows.
I couldn't agree more, both are impact players that can change the pace of the game, but in the shape they are now ( both hurting) they couldn't give it their all, hell of a game.

Tom81
08-23-2008, 05:20 AM
big mistake that manu go to olimpick

TMAC94
08-23-2008, 10:43 AM
^^ Olimpick :|

ChitownbullsBG7
08-23-2008, 10:44 AM

Did you watch the game? Most of his points came off of clean-up baskets.

Would have made the game alot closer. Noc to over when he first came in and was basically on one leg limping around. Ginobli never got a chance to get going and yet Argentina still mad a game out of it. I have no doubt that it would have been a good game and Argentina probably would have had a chance to win.

I guess we will never know.

Joshtd1
08-23-2008, 02:06 PM
big mistake that manu go to olimpick

Imagine how the Spurs feel..:(

DreamShaker
08-23-2008, 02:11 PM

I know....and the answer is no....nobody being healthy would have made any difference.....

lakers4sho
08-23-2008, 02:19 PM
It depends...if he didn't go down at all the Redeem Team probably won't relax and Argentina wouldn't have came back at all.

If he came back during the 2nd half and was effective...the game would've been closer no doubt.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Imagine how the Spurs feel..:(

when you sign an foreign player, this is the risk you take. Imagine how Houston feels every year. The Spurs knew the risk, I have no sympathy for them. Sure, the US players risk injury, but our guys don't play every summer. They aren't getting the same damage. And we play our guys 20 minutes a game

DreamShaker
08-23-2008, 04:23 PM
when you sign an foreign player, this is the risk you take. Imagine how Houston feels every year. The Spurs knew the risk, I have no sympathy for them. Sure, the US players risk injury, but our guys don't play every summer. They aren't getting the same damage. And we play our guys 20 minutes a game

Nauseous.

Joshtd1
08-23-2008, 04:50 PM

Well its the fact that his ankle was already injured. The Spurs didnt want him to play, but he decided to go ahead and play. Im not worried, because he will get a couple months of rest and will be ready to go by the opener.

Beno7500
08-23-2008, 04:50 PM
No.

Jay22Redd
08-23-2008, 05:04 PM

I agree. He would have had the ball in his hands more which would have limited Scola touches.

Joshtd1
08-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Scola didnt even try and score a whole lot on his own. It would have limited Delfino's shots, not Scola's.

Lakersfan2483
08-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Team USA would have still beaten Argentina with a healthy Ginobli, no excuses, they lost.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Well its the fact that his ankle was already injured. The Spurs didnt want him to play, but he decided to go ahead and play. Im not worried, because he will get a couple months of rest and will be ready to go by the opener.

I hate the Spurs, but I would never wish an injury on anyone, so I hope you are right. But he shouldn't have played on it, some Spurs insiders feared that if he reinjured it this summer, it would require surgery. If that is the case, the Spurs will be looking at a 6 seed or so going into the playoffs, but he should be okay by then if it doesn't linger.