PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Most Underrated Pistons Of All Time

Wade3
08-22-2008, 07:48 PM
What 5 people do you guys think have not been given enough credit for all the work they have given?

kozelkid
08-22-2008, 08:01 PM
microwave
dumars
rodman

(that's 3 at least)

jnb58
08-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Prince. That guy is a great team player.

Dalionking
08-22-2008, 11:59 PM
mark aguirre
lindsey hunter

UCONN Huskies
08-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Great call with Mark Aguirre. James Edwards was a beast in the playoffs and got very little notice. I think Mahorn was underrated as will. Here's one...Orlando Woolridge. He was about the only guy worth watching in those horrible years...hahahah. I know I"m going to catch hell for this but I think we undervalue Sheed as well. We expect SOOOOOO much out of him and have such high expectations that we miss the fact that he has very good seasons and is a great team player. When he finally leaves (and I"m guilty of wanting to trade the dude) I think we are really going to miss all the little things he does to help the team win.

garnotm
08-24-2008, 12:36 AM
Mahorn for sure we lost a lot when he left

Rodman I say is underrated because his number isn't in the rafters where it belongs...one of the greatest defensive players of his time, and probably the greatest rebounder any of us will ever see.

dre1990
09-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Chauncey Billups, Dennis Rodman, Lindsey Hunter, Tayshaun Prince, Vinnie Johnson

Manifesto32
09-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Not in order
Tayshaun Prince
Lindsey Hunter
Mark Aguirre
Dennis Rodman

Cant think one for the fifth

midwestmadman
09-11-2008, 11:46 AM
I would go with Mahorn, Rodman, Hunter, Curry (from a fans stand point obviously the team appreciates him) Aguirre. It was the deal we made Aguirre for AD that won us that title. I feel that Tayshaun get enough press and praise for what he does on the court, and come on now people took notice, he was on the Olympic team with LeBron, Kobe, CP, and Wade was he not.

garnotm
09-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Christian Latnier and Chris Mullin played on the same team as Barkley, Jordan, Ewing, Malone, Stockton, Magic Johnson, Bird, Robinson...etc do you think those guys get the same mention or respect just because they happened to play on the same team?

Not saying Prince is over looked but making the Olympic team as a role player really isn't getting acknowledged for your abilities either.

PhxGiant
09-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Prince instantly comes to mind, he is an extremely well rounded player IMO. We know about the defense, but his unselfishness needs to be praised more he understands for the team to succeed he needs to play more of a role. I believe he could easily put up 20 ppg, Prince and Stuckey will be a dominant duo when there time comes.

DreamShaker
09-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Microwave!!!!!

midwestmadman
09-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Christian Latnier and Chris Mullin played on the same team as Barkley, Jordan, Ewing, Malone, Stockton, Magic Johnson, Bird, Robinson...etc do you think those guys get the same mention or respect just because they happened to play on the same team?

Not saying Prince is over looked but making the Olympic team as a role player really isn't getting acknowledged for your abilities either.

Chris Mullin was a perrinal all star at that time and he isn't an underrated player, as for the Christina Latnier he sucks and never deserved to be on that team to start with.

garnotm
09-18-2008, 03:23 AM
Chris Mullin was a perrinal all star at that time and he isn't an underrated player, as for the Christina Latnier he sucks and never deserved to be on that team to start with.

Chris Mullin was not on the level of those other players...no where near their levels. In fact during his era the west was a pretty weak division IMO.

JohnnyIcebags
09-18-2008, 04:26 AM
Microwave

Dantley - they f'd him and traded him after he helped lead em to a championship

Laimbeer - led the league in boards 2 years

Lindsay Hunter - not a great stat guy, but punked every backup pg and set the defensive tone until this past year or so

garnotm
09-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Dantley - they f'd him and traded him after he helped lead em to a championship

"Prior to the 198889 season, the Pistons moved to Auburn Hills to play at The Palace of Auburn Hills. The 1989 Pistons completed the building of their roster by trading Dantley for Mark Aguirre, a trade that Piston fans would criticize heavily initially, but later praise. The team won 63 games, shattering the old franchise record, and steamrolled through the playoffs and into a NBA Finals rematch with the Lakers. This time the Pistons came out victorious in a four-game sweep to win their first NBA championship. Joe Dumars was named NBA Finals MVP. Game Four of the series marked the final game of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's career."

Dantley didn't when anything in Detroit but an appearance in the NBA finals that they were beat by the L A Lakers. I liked AD a lot hell of a scorer, but he wasn't going to be as effective as starting Rodman. So they traded him fro Aguirre...who was a very good scorer in his own right.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Tayshaun Prince

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Prince instantly comes to mind, he is an extremely well rounded player IMO. We know about the defense, but his unselfishness needs to be praised more he understands for the team to succeed he needs to play more of a role. I believe he could easily put up 20 ppg, Prince and Stuckey will be a dominant duo when there time comes.

i agree