PDA

View Full Version : USA Today NBA Power Rankings

Beno7500
08-22-2008, 07:32 PM
USA Today has ranked the teams from 1 to 30. Check it out. Portland is ranked ridiculously high.

Link (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/power-rankings.htm)

bball1217
08-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Interesting...

IMO, some teams are to low or high, but I agree with most of it.

avsman05
08-22-2008, 07:48 PM
portland, philly san antonio are too high and utah, denver and milwaukee are too low.

Beno7500
08-22-2008, 07:56 PM
I don't see Milwaukee doing anything next season.

avsman05
08-22-2008, 08:09 PM
with the addition of richard jefferson they will be a lot better. They are in the east they will have a shot at the playoffs along with chicago and miami.

Jay22Redd
08-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Its pretty accurate.

chicubs377
08-22-2008, 08:17 PM
those ranking are total ****.

superkegger
08-22-2008, 08:20 PM
It's preseason pr's. it means nothing. But they are pretty bad. but who cares, its preseason, everyone is tied for first.

x_notorious
08-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Portland that high is a joke. They haven't proved a damn thing.

LA_cabals
08-22-2008, 08:30 PM
"#25 Chicago Bulls - "At least Bulls fans have Michael Jordan memories"

:laugh: :laugh2: :laugh:

SeoulBeatz
08-22-2008, 08:30 PM
portland is maaad high.

even my team philly is a little high too

10-12 for philly is good

MiamiHeat
08-22-2008, 08:33 PM
17. Miami Heat - Dwyane Wade is definitely back, and has help in Beasley and Marion.
:up:
They should of been higher than the Warriors :mad: @ number 16 :D

LA_cabals
08-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Breaking News!

USA Today's Chris Colston has been FIRED for his dim-witted preseason rankings.

(This is a joke, don't sue me for libel Mr. Colston)

superkegger
08-22-2008, 08:35 PM
17. Miami Heat - Dwyane Wade is definitely back, and has help in Beasley and Marion.
:up:
They should of been higher than the Warriors :mad: @ number 16 :D

why? the heat have no pg or c. the warriors have complete starting 5. they're clearly a better team on paper at this point

marques724
08-22-2008, 08:40 PM
They got one through four right and that is it

Afridi786
08-22-2008, 08:54 PM
Bulls r ranked below the Grizzlies, r u kidding me?!

And yeah the sixers r better than the suns, mavs, jazz, and the rockets.

chicubs377
08-22-2008, 09:01 PM
yea the sixers ranking is ridiculous.they're def not top 10.

madiaz3
08-22-2008, 09:05 PM
lol the lack of a lazy writer whos done no research, still trying to be funny putting the knicks at 30

superkegger
08-22-2008, 09:07 PM
lol the lack of a lazy writer whos done no research, still trying to be funny putting the knicks at 30

I'd probably put them there too, they still have very much the same roster as last year. Regardless of the coach, the roster blows.

fairandbalanced
08-22-2008, 09:07 PM
#25 Bulls "At least Bulls fans have Michael Jordan memories":speechless:

theimortalone
08-22-2008, 09:09 PM
The power rankings are a joke. The guy who wrote them should be shot! Wow how ridiculous is that? 1-4 is good. But the rest suck! I mean
5 Portland Trail Blazers - This the biggest joke of the PR. POR has not proved ****! They should be between 11-20 not 5!
7 Philadelphia 76ers- Phily did not even get out of the first round and they are ranked #7?? Why?? No reason for it! I mean granted they have Brand, and they will be good, but not #7 material.
8 Houston Rockets-They should be at 5 after getting Ron Ron. They will be a force to be reckoned with!
9 Cleveland Cavaliers - Cleveland is good, but worth #9 material? C'mon!
12 Utah Jazz- They should be so much higher then this! At least in the top 10!
11 Dallas Mavericks - Why is Dallas this high? They did not do anything in the post season, and they havent added any players in the offseason.
13 Phoenix Suns - I can agree with this. Everyone is doubting Phx. Cant wait for them to shock the NBA!
16 Golden State Warriors - I am suprised they are this high! Considering no more B-Diddy. They will still be fun to watch.
Okay i am done now. lol

madiaz3
08-22-2008, 09:13 PM
I'd probably put them there too, they still have very much the same roster as last year. Regardless of the coach, the roster blows.

do you even know what happened last season?

Probably not.

NYMetros
08-22-2008, 09:16 PM
I have no idea why Portland is that high. Chicago is way too low. And the 76ers are way too high also, IMO.

greg_ory_2005
08-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Memphis Grizzlies Mayo-Gay (Gayo?) :laugh2:

chicubs377
08-22-2008, 09:18 PM
gay love was so much better^

superkegger
08-22-2008, 09:23 PM
do you even know what happened last season?

Probably not.

no, actually I do. And i don't think its off the court issues that make curry and randolph trash when they're on the court together. Marbury is still there, and hes still a one man circus. I don't see how D'Antoni's system is going to all of the sudden make that team so much better, considering defense is something he's unfamiliar with. Will they be better this year, probably, but for the money they're shelling out, their results are disastrous.

MiamiHeat
08-22-2008, 09:27 PM
gay love was so much better^

:mad: i know man
That's the only reason they traded Love
no other reason
:laugh: i can picture a pic
of Gay and Love standing together

THE_FLASH_21
08-22-2008, 09:29 PM
ARe u kidding me??? They have Utah 12????n LOL **** what these stupid analyist say.... They're all ****en wrong all the time anyway..!!!!

_Sn1P3r_
08-22-2008, 09:31 PM
I also think Portland is too high. And nice one with the 'Gay-Love'.

King Koopa
08-22-2008, 09:44 PM
i thought that, the Cavs, phils and Portland are way too high, HTF are the cavs and phils over, the Jazz and the Suns?????? This makes no sense!!! but whatever i really dont care, there not making fun of my team puting them at 17 =)

Lost Art
08-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Here are my power rankings for next season:

1. Celtics: they're the champs, so you've got to give it to them
2. Lakers: Kobe Bryant + Pau Gasol + Andrew Bynum + Lamar Odom (or maybe someone else if the rumors are true :confused:)
3. Hornets: young team with a stacked roster that is just getting better and better
4. Rockets: if they can't make a top notch team with this roster, there is something seriously wrong in Houston
5. Spurs: they're pretty much always in the hunt no matter how old they get
6. Jazz: hard nose team with a bunch of solid players in their prime (maybe its time to dump AK47?)
7. Magic: Dwight Howard is a beast and Turkoglu is becoming a star
8. Pistons: they're fading and need to make some changes
9. Cleveland: Lebron + Mo Williams should be pretty good
10. Suns: IMO their window has closed and they'll start making some big moves near the trade deadline.
11. Raptors: if JO and Bosh can stay healthy they might be the dark horse of the group
12. Sixers: EB + Iggy should be interesting
13. Dallas: the J-Kidd deal seems like it may have killed this franchise
14. Portland: young and athletic but I'm not a believer in Greg Oden yet (IMO he has bust written all over him.........but they should still be this good)
15. Miami: they might surprise some people...........but they're likely going to have two rookies in their starting lineup and still don't have a Center.
16. Golden State: No Baron = problems

Honorable mention:

- Nuggets: they've had their chance, at some point they're going to have to come to the realization that Melo + AI isn't going to translate into success

- Wizards: I really think they were better off without Arenas. They need to ship him out for a real PG ASAP, his style of play will only hurt their chances this season.

Nobody else is really worth talking about IMO so I'll end it there :D

Iodine
08-22-2008, 10:27 PM

2. Lakers: Kobe Bryant + Pau Gasol + Andrew Bynum + Lamar Odom (or maybe someone else if the rumors are true :confused:)
3. Hornets: young team with a stacked roster that is just getting better and better
4. Rockets: if they can't make a top notch team with this roster, there is something seriously wrong in Houston
6. Jazz: hard nose team with a bunch of solid players in their prime (maybe its time to dump AK47?)
10. Suns: IMO their window has closed and they'll start making some big moves near the trade deadline.
11. Raptors: if JO and Bosh can stay healthy they might be the dark horse of the group
14. Portland: young and athletic but I'm not a believer in Greg Oden yet (IMO he has bust written all over him.........but they should still be this good)
15. Miami: they might surprise some people...........but they're likely going to have two rookies in their starting lineup and still don't have a Center.

Honorable mention:

- Nuggets: they've had their chance, at some point they're going to have to come to the realization that Melo + AI isn't going to translate into success

- Wizards: I really think they were better off without Arenas. They need to ship him out for a real PG ASAP, his style of play will only hurt their chances this season.

OMFG LOST ART
where has you been

AllTheWay
08-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Hes been post whoring :p

Lost Art
08-22-2008, 10:30 PM
OMFG LOST ART
where has you been

Its the offseason, what is there to talk about :confused: Besides, the Lakers haven't done jack this offseason.

.......and I'm sick today, so I'm kind of bored :o

Iodine
08-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Its the offseason, what is there to talk about :confused: Besides, the Lakers haven't done jack this offseason.

.......and I'm sick today, so I'm kind of bored :o

Do what the smart people in the NBA board do

Make stupid threads into mike james threads duh

JordansBulls
08-22-2008, 10:39 PM
Houston is too low?

Cavs_Fan24
08-22-2008, 10:44 PM
holy crap!!:bs:

Cleveland should be 5, not Portland

lol

IndyRealist
08-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Portland and Philly need to be dropped to #11 and #12 respectively, Toronto up to #13, and Miami and Milwaukee should be down around #25. I personally think that the Pacers should be around #17, but then again I'm biased ^_^

dre1990
08-22-2008, 10:55 PM
those ranking are total ****.

agreed. portland is 5. Detroit should be 2. and chi towns ranked way too low

t-mac1nukka
08-22-2008, 11:11 PM
portland and philly being that high makes the whole thing a joke.

23LBJCleBrowns
08-22-2008, 11:33 PM
cavs should be higher than 76ers and trail blazers

23LBJCleBrowns
08-22-2008, 11:34 PM

Honorable mention:

cavs r better than pistons

Iodine
08-22-2008, 11:38 PM
cavs r better than pistons

|\|() 7|-|3Y R |\|()7

JIDsanity
08-22-2008, 11:51 PM
|\|() 7|-|3Y R |\|()7

Mike James told me what this means. He's the smartest guy I've ever seen.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-22-2008, 11:58 PM
those standings are a joke the rockts # 8 right ?

Chaudhry
08-23-2008, 12:46 AM

Honorable mention:

these rankings merit more discussion then the USA today ones so...

i would put pistons at 10 and move the other two up one... theirs old and reliable like the spurs then theres old and breaking down like the pistons... the only reason i'd put them at 10 is the past 6 seasons... or else they'd be 16 at best...

sixers and raps switch... i think the sixers got the better star of the two in brand instead of the raps being one game ahead the sixers will be...

take miami out, move nuggets up to 16 and warriors to 15... nuggets still have carmelo and iverson, even if you don't play defense you can win quite a few games with those two... and miami were the worst team in the league last year... yea dwades healthy and marion is there... and you add beasly their certainly better... but you can't move a team from 32 to 15 just like that unless your adding two superstars with one already there(ie celtics)

Beno7500
08-23-2008, 03:54 AM
Stupid comment for the Kings

"At least they have beno Udrih" Thats ****ing dumb! I thought we had a guy named Kevin Martin too. i could have sworn...

DenButsu
08-23-2008, 04:16 AM
Los Angeles Clippers Baron Davis and Marcus Camby are talented but have history of injuries.
Denver Nuggets The defense was already bad, then they gave away their best defender, Camby.

As is often the case with Camby, they're trying to have it both ways. When it's convenient to look at him as a possible liability, they do, and when it's convenient to look at him as a boon, they do.

Those rankings are pathetic.

Tmac,lt,berkman
08-23-2008, 04:52 AM
I Think The Rockets Grizzlies Clippers And Hawks Should Be Higher And Cavs Sixers Should Be Lower And Trailblazers Should Be A Lot Lower.

hockeypro68
08-23-2008, 05:01 AM
I'm sorry, but this list is horrible in more ways than one.

Tom81
08-23-2008, 05:14 AM
i don't care any Rankings,i even like it,because suns are not contenders so less presure.

fredv
08-23-2008, 07:11 AM
Haha the Raptors at 15 and the Jazz at 12. LMFAO.

Total :bs:

LakerzDQ
08-23-2008, 07:18 AM
i don't care any Rankings,i even like it,because suns are not contenders so less presure.

lol, I never realized the pressure reached the fans.

FarOutIos
08-23-2008, 09:03 AM
who cares about their rankings... they obviously need attention, with the dumb little comments... "Gayo?" What? Was Gay-Mayo not lame enough of a comment...

Where is the real insight? The "Superbads" comment could have been replaced with some insight about the talented young core that should excite the new fans...

bostncelts34
08-23-2008, 09:26 AM
1-4 is right..after that..horrible. portland at 5? utah at 12? i think these ranking are horrible.

Nets fan 93
08-23-2008, 09:39 AM
24 Memphis Grizzlies Mayo-Gay (Gayo?) combo could be fun to watch.

25 Chicago Bulls At least Bulls fans have Michael Jordan memories.

26 Sacramento Kings At least they have Beno Udrih.

27 Indiana Pacers At least they rid themselves of the O'Neal headache.

28 Oklahoma City SuperSonics new nickname: SuperBads?

29 New Jersey Nets Already dreaming of LeBron.
this guy is a f***ing moron

Lone Maverick
08-23-2008, 12:29 PM
All in all they got maybe 5-7 right, the rest are ridiculously out of place, case in point Blazers

Lost Art
08-23-2008, 12:44 PM
All in all they got maybe 5-7 right, the rest are ridiculously out of place, case in point Blazers

The problem is that there was so much movement in the offseason and at the end of last season that nobody really knows how good teams are going to be. I'd say that this season will be the biggest crap-shoot that I can remember in all of my years of watching basketball. Who knows how good some of these teams will be? They're practically completely new rosters!

Ph1lly Diehard
08-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Horrible rankings.. Why do people even try?

Brooke
08-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Portland is way too high, this team hasn't even proven anything yet

futureheisman
08-23-2008, 01:25 PM
celts right where there supposed to be and will be #1 next offseason as well

Hawkeye15
08-23-2008, 02:03 PM
with the addition of richard jefferson they will be a lot better. They are in the east they will have a shot at the playoffs along with chicago and miami.

Their team defense better do a 180 if they expect to compete for a playoff position, but the talent is there.

BullsNumber1Fan
08-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Bulls at 25 is just ****ED up. They are behind Sacramento and Minnesota which is just crazy.

alexander_37
08-23-2008, 02:39 PM
portland and 76ers better than houston ???? can you say joke?

Beno7500
08-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Bulls at 25 is just ****ED up. They are behind Sacramento and Minnesota which is just crazy.

Kings are better than the Bulls.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Kings are better than the Bulls.

not really. Shoot, the Wolves are better than the Kings. The Bulls may be a top 17 team, but I wouldn't give them any higher than that.

Nets fan 93
08-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Nets are>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>supersonics and grizzles put together :pity:

some of the comments remind me of what a 10 yr old kid would put

Hawkeye15
08-23-2008, 03:35 PM
I think Portland needs to drop to 11 or 12, and Houston goes up a couple spots, but everything else I can live with. I also think the Sixers need to show they belong that high, and I don't think the Nets are the worst team in the NBA

cmellofan15
08-23-2008, 03:42 PM
I think Portland needs to drop to 11 or 12, and Houston goes up a couple spots, but everything else I can live with. I also think the Sixers need to show they belong that high, and I don't think the Nets are the worst team in the NBA

I donr rhink the Rockets should go up the Bulls should go up and the Magic should go up and the Cavs should go down. The Jazz below Portland, Mavs, and Houston? :eyebrow:

Beno7500
08-23-2008, 03:52 PM
not really. Shoot, the Wolves are better than the Kings. The Bulls may be a top 17 team, but I wouldn't give them any higher than that.

:laugh2: Kings had a better record than both of them last year.

mjt20mik
08-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Portland is wayy too high..

DopieB
08-23-2008, 03:58 PM
I think the bulls will be better than these rankings say, with the addition of rose, TT and Noah with have a PG who can play the game like it should be.

BullsNumber1Fan
08-23-2008, 04:59 PM

And then they trade away arguably their best player for Bobby Jackson. Name their starting 5. I GUARANTEE whatever lineup you come up with won't be as good as the Bulls.

PG Rose > Udrih
SG Hinrich < Martin
SF Deng > ??Garcia/Salmonsa??
PF Tyrus Thomas > Whoever you use
C Gooden > Miller/Hawes

Name the benches and the Bulls are also way deeper too. The Kings don't even come close to the Bulls. I actually would take the T'Wolves also with Foye, Miller, Brewer, Love, Al Jefferson.

IndyRealist
08-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Alright, power rankings:
1) LA Lakers: They were in the NBA Finals last year WITHOUT Bynum, and they still have Gasol. Oh, and some guy named Kobe.
2) Boston Celtics: They lost key reserve James Posey and replaced him with...Darius Miles? And they're a year older, which is good when you're in your 20's, not in your 30's.
3) New Orleans Hornets: This is a team where being a year older is good. Losing Jannero Pargo is not. Posey will hopefully compensate.
4) Houston Rockets: I think they needed Artest more for his offense than his defense, and he's not going to hurt the Rockets there, either.
5) San Antonio Spurs: Manu Ginobili may have reinjured his ankle in the Olympics, but until Tim Duncan retires, the NBA championship still goes through San Antonio.
6) Cleveland Cavaliers: They finally have a point guard!
7) Detriot Pistons: Age and injuries have started to take their toll. Wallace and Hamilton need to be more consistent or they're going to be passed by younger, talented teams.
8) Utah Jazz: They haven't really done anything this offseason, but they're one of the few teams that didn't have to. If everyone shows up ready to go, I'd expect them to make a run at the Western Conference Finals.
9) Philadelphia 76ers: They didn't lose anyone of consequence, and they picked up Elton Brand.
10) Portland Trailblazers: They didn't lose anyone of consequence, and they picked up Greg Oden and Jarryd Bayless. The only reason they're ranked lower than Philly is because they're in the West.
11) Toronto Raptors: The PG mess is cleaned up, and if Jermaine O'Neal works out like they want him to, I see a title coming in the next two years.
12) Dallas Mavericks: They need an identity, and they need it fast. Still, they have too much talent to not be a top tier team.
13) Orlando Magic: No real losses, but no real gains either. They look to be passed up by teams making bold moves.
14) Washington Wizards: $170 million later, and they're right where they were two years ago.
15) Chicago Bulls: The perimeter-oriented Bulls added another talented guard. If they recommit to defense and add a shot blocker next to Gooden then they might go somewhere. They -have- to get rid of Gordon at this point, having him play on a qualifying offer will poison their locker room.
16) Sacramento Kings: Losing Artest balances out with getting rid of Artest. Zero sum gain.
17) Phoenix Suns: Shawn Marion was what made the Phoenix Suns possible, as much as Nash or Stoudamire. Everyone’s a year older, and I don’t think Brook Lopez is the savior of the franchise.
18) Indiana Pacers: They will have two, possibly three new starters, as well as a completely new bench. They're in better condition than they were last year, that's for sure.
19) Atlanta Hawks: Josh Smith may be the steal of the offseason, though it means they didn't otherwise improve their roster, and they lost 6th man Josh Childress. Horford will be better this year, and if Atlanta makes some noise, Al might end up an all-star reserve.
20) Golden State Warriors: There's a limit to fiscal responsibility, and Golden State crossed it. Now they're scrambling, and you can't show weakness in the West. They can smell fear.
21)Denver Nuggets: They really should be looking to retool their team, instead of just trying to save money.
22) Charlotte Bobcats: They've lacked an identity since their inception, and that's why they can't ever seem to do anything despite the ridiculous amount of talent they have. How many lottery picks does a team need before they make good on it for their fans?
23) Minnesota Timberwolves: There is light at the end of the tunnel. They are a premier perimeter player away from having a decent team.
24) LA Clippers: Despite losing Brand and Magette, they made some good pickups in Baron Davis and Marcus Camby. Al Thorton will be tons better, but this is the West, after all.
25) Miami Heat: No bandwagon here. Beasley does not address Miami's problems, which are pretty much everything. To a degree he duplicates Haslem, who was their one bright spot last season. They probably would have been better off trading down and getting OJ Mayo or Russell Westbrook and some role players. Too many holes for one player to fix not named LeBron.
26) Milwaukee Bucks: They've got a high scoring trio in Redd, Jefferson, and Bogut. But scoring was never their problem. Lateral moves, they'll end up about where they were last year.
27) Memphis Grizzlies: What goes for Charlotte goes double for Memphis.
28) New Jersey Nets: So....LeBron James, huh?
29) Oklahoma City: I don't think anyone in OKC has any idea what they're doing. At all.
30) New York Knicks: No comment.

Note: I did not factor in any of the injuries that occurred during the olympics. It's hard to know if any of them will affect the season.

Beno7500
08-23-2008, 05:10 PM
And then they trade away arguably their best player for Bobby Jackson. Name their starting 5. I GUARANTEE whatever lineup you come up with won't be as good as the Bulls.

PG Rose > Udrih
SG Hinrich < Martin
SF Deng > ??Garcia/Salmonsa??
PF Tyrus Thomas > Whoever you use
C Gooden > Miller/Hawes

Name the benches and the Bulls are also way deeper too. The Kings don't even come close to the Bulls. I actually would take the T'Wolves also with Foye, Miller, Brewer, Love, Al Jefferson.

Rose>Udrih
Hinrich<Martin
Deng>Salmons
Thomas<Thompson
Gooden<Miller

Bench:
Sefalosha<B Jackson
Gordon=Garcia
I dont know who plays your 3 but<Greene
Noah>Willaims
Gray<Hawes

Bulls: 3
Kings: 6

Kings have a better starting line up and bench

HiphopRelated
08-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Alright, power rankings:
25) Miami Heat: No bandwagon here. Beasley does not address Miami's problems, which are pretty much everything. To a degree he duplicates Haslem, who was their one bright spot last season. They probably would have been better off trading down and getting OJ Mayo or Russell Westbrook and some role players. Too many holes for one player to fix not named LeBron..

No way on God's green earth Miami finishes this low.

Team was dead last offensively. Beasley addresses that, because nobody outside Wade could create a shot. Haslem doesn't have a quarter of Beasley's offensive ability.

Didn't have a spot up shooter, brought in James Jones...perimter defender, Diawarra.

IversonIsKrazy
08-23-2008, 05:42 PM
raps r sooooo low!

18colts29
08-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Wow the Pacers are not the 4th worst team in the league, they will make the playoffs.

BowDown32
08-23-2008, 06:05 PM
I love that Knicks fan's had a hope... well everyone else knows there's no hope. The comment about D'Antoni is classic, if he wasn't making 5 mil a year maybe he would be worried.

IndyRealist
08-23-2008, 06:30 PM
No way on God's green earth Miami finishes this low.

Team was dead last offensively. Beasley addresses that, because nobody outside Wade could create a shot. Haslem doesn't have a quarter of Beasley's offensive ability.

Didn't have a spot up shooter, brought in James Jones...perimter defender, Diawarra.

I was trying to limit my discussion of any one team, but since someone brought it up....

Diawara brings averages 1.5 rebounds, .3 steals, and 0 blocks per game in 14.6 minutes. Hardly effective defensively. He plays the same positions as Wade and Shawn Marion.

James Jones is a deadly shooter if you take into account that he only takes four shots per game, and he doesn't bring much else to the table. Certainly not worth $4M/year.

Marion is a lockdown defender and do-it-all guy, but he's overrated offensively. Without someone else (Nash, Stoudamire) to get him open, he has an average one-on-one game. His contract is an albatross, and if the Heat want any cap flexibility next year, they're going to have to bite the bullet with Marion this year. Otherwise they're trading him for junk with long-term contracts, a decent role player or two, and draft picks. That may be a winning formula but it's not going to help them any this year.

Mario Chalmers is not ready to lead an NBA team into the playoffs. Sub-standard PG play has kept the Heat from establishing an identity, and will continue to be their downfall.

Who's their starting center? Who's their starting point guard? Backup center, point guard, shooting guard, small forward?

Who's their coach? Spoelstra? Riley made a mess of things and then dumped it in someone else's lap. If I remember correctly, he's a lame duck on a one year contract. Who's going to listen to him? How is going to implement anything when his players have bigger names than he does, and with longer contracts?

Beasley is a stud. Wade is a stud. Marion is a stud but his contract ties their hands. Haslem is a solid backup or fill-in starter. That's about it. Four players do not an NBA team make.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2008, 06:40 PM

are we not talking about the 08-09' season? Last year doesn't matter. And they traded Artest away, who was their best all around player. Sacramento won't win 35 games this year.

BullsNumber1Fan
08-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Rose>Udrih
Hinrich<Martin
Deng>Salmons
Thomas>Thompson
Gooden>Miller
Bench:
Sefalosha>B Jackson
Gordon>>>Garcia
Nocioni>Greene
Noah>Willaims
Gray<Hawes

WTF I would easily take Thomas over Thompson, Gooden over Miller, and there is no way in hell a 20 ppg scorer is equal to Garcia. I also would take Sefolosha over Jackson due to his defense and athleticisim. Greene is not better than Nocioni. Sure Hawes > Gray, but that is it.

Bulls: 7
Kings: 2

You got some ****in problems.

Beno7500
08-23-2008, 06:49 PM
WTF I would easily take Thomas over Thompson, Gooden over Miller, and there is no way in hell a 20 ppg scorer is equal to Garcia. I also would take Sefolosha over Jackson due to his defense and athleticisim. Greene is not better than Nocioni. Sure Hawes > Gray, but that is it.

Bulls: 7
Kings: 2

You got some ****in problems.
Wow. That's all I can say about you is, wow.

SeoulBeatz
08-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Rose>Udrih
Hinrich<Martin
Deng>Salmons
Thomas<Thompson
Gooden<Miller

Bench:
Sefalosha<B Jackson
Gordon=Garcia
I dont know who plays your 3 but<Greene
Noah>Willaims
Gray<Hawes

Im gonna hae to agree, i think the bulls are overrated at times.

the frontcourt is abysmal. u have solid little guys,but ur big men rank among the very worst in the league. name anyone worse... ill wait

BullsNumber1Fan
08-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Wow. That's all I can say about you is, wow.

Stupid. That's all I can say about you is, YOU ARE STUPID!

Beno7500
08-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Im gonna hae to agree, i think the bulls are overrated at times.

the frontcourt is abysmal. u have solid little guys,but ur big men rank among the very worst in the league. name anyone worse... ill wait

Darko Milicic. Primo Brezic. Walter Hermann. Jeff Foster. Luis Scola. Fabricio Oberto. Etc... :D

Beno7500
08-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Stupid. That's all I can say about you is, YOU ARE STUPID!

Wow. Grow Up. What are you, 10 years old?

Hawkeye15
08-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Here is mine:

1) Celtics- Champs always start on top

2) New Orleans- I think they make the next step this year, and Posey still has a little juice left

3) Lakers- With the addition of Bynum, they get a little tougher than the team that fell apart in the finals last June

4) Houston- This is contingent on the health of Yao and TMac, but they are stacked

5) Utah- Stacked as well, on both ends

6) Spurs- They drop 4 spots or so if Manu requires surgery, but they are deep and experienced

7) Cleveland- LeBron's natural growth, plus a point who can put up some help

8) Detroit- I doubt they stay with what they have, but they are always built to win a lot of regular season games

9) Phoenix- Yes, they are on the downside, but they are still a really good team

10) Sixers- They aren't very deep, but their starting 5 is pretty solid. Brand is a beast

11) Orlando- Still no SG, and they just aren't tough outside DHoward

12) Toronto- Bosh is sweet, and O'Neal is a great addition if healthy

13) Portland- They should have no problem getting into the playoffs this year.

14) Dallas- Again, on the downside, but plenty left in the tank to win 53 games

15) Indiana- Granger is underrated, and I like what they have done this offseason, especially if they can get rid of Tinsley

16) Washington- Always entertaining, and if healthy, considered a threat

17) Miami- I think they will win enough regular season games to challenge for a playoff spot, but get creamed if they get in due to no center or point guard.

18) Bulls- Point guards take a couple years. Be patient Bulls fans.

19) Denver- I have no idea what they are doing in Denver

20) Wolves- Miller is a big addition, and Al Jefferson is a total stud.

21) Golden St- No point guard, and no defense. Ugh

22) LAC- No post play, but they have future potential

23) Atlanta- I don't see them getting better this year, but worse. Horford is a keeper though. Smith is good, but they are lacking in a lot of areas. JJ I love too

24) Milwaukee- SHould be fine offensively. Defense, not so much. They will be lucky to hold teams under 100 ppg

25) New Jersey- the fire sale has started to clear out space for LJ

26) Charlotte- Looks good on paper, never translates though

27) Kings- They traded their best player away for Bobby Jackson, Martin is the only thing left

28) Knicks- Mike D will get something out of them. I would assume the roster undergoes major changes in the next 12 months

29) Memphis- They have like 40 guards, and none of them are any good. Gay is a bright spot though

30) OKC- Durant is good I guess. I don't mind Green either. They are terrible right now, future may be a lot better

BullsNumber1Fan
08-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Wow. Grow Up. What are you, 10 years old?

No I am 17 years old, how old are you?

I am gonna start a thread and we will see who everyone thinks is better.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2008, 07:44 PM
No I am 17 years old, how old are you?

I am gonna start a thread and we will see who everyone thinks is better.

neither team is a playoff team. Why the uproar? And the Bulls have a brighter future, that is no doubt.

stevefrancis
08-23-2008, 07:57 PM
i dont wanna sound biased but portland philly and SA ahead of houston and even utah to? greg oden is overhyped hasn't played one game and he's said to be a new bill russell if anything it'll take him a few years just like bynum.

Lost Art
08-23-2008, 08:00 PM
i dont wanna sound biased but portland philly and SA ahead of houston and even utah to? greg oden is overhyped hasn't played one game and he's said to be a new bill russell if anything it'll take him a few years just like bynum.

Unlike Bynum he'll get playing time and the green light from day 1...........so we should know much more about him early on. Bynum basically didn't see the floor for his first two seasons. Why? I'll never understand :confused: He was playing behind Kwame FREAKING Brown! Really, what did we have to lose? That's Phil Jackson for you I guess :mad:

theimortalone
08-23-2008, 09:10 PM
[QUOTE=IndyRealist;6386459]Alright, power rankings:
17) Phoenix Suns: Shawn Marion was what made the Phoenix Suns possible, as much as Nash or Stoudamire. Everyone’s a year older, and I don’t think Brook Lopez is the savior of the franchise.

haha first of all you have the twins confused. Robin Lopez was the #15 pick. His brother is Brook and he went to NJ. And Why is Shawn what made Phoenix possible? Do you have a reasoning for that? They don't need Marion. All that he did was *****ed and moaned about not being the main attraction. Rolo will help out this team tremendously. Oh and We do have a Shawn Marion relplacement in Matt Barnes. Our 2nd unit is gonna be amazing. And 17 is way too low! That is worse then USA Today for hells sakes!

IndyRealist
08-24-2008, 03:07 AM
haha first of all you have the twins confused. Robin Lopez was the #15 pick. His brother is Brook and he went to NJ. And Why is Shawn what made Phoenix possible? Do you have a reasoning for that? They don't need Marion. All that he did was *****ed and moaned about not being the main attraction. Rolo will help out this team tremendously. Oh and We do have a Shawn Marion relplacement in Matt Barnes. Our 2nd unit is gonna be amazing. And 17 is way too low! That is worse then USA Today for hells sakes!

Heh, yeah the Lopez's probably get that alot, my bad. Marion was custom made for that team, a perimeter defender, who can run up and down the floor for 48 minutes, hit the spot-up 3, and is a FREAKISH athlete. Marion did NOT tie up the paint area, which prevents Nash from penetrating in the half court and creating plays. Marion was an excellent spot up shooter, and could close to the basket in three steps after the defense adjusted to whatever Nash was doing. He's also an excellent rebounder for 6'7" (averaging more than Shaq, btw), creating extra possessions and causing defenses to scramble, starting fast breaks, and allowing Nash to wreak havoc. What were the weaknesses of the Suns post trade? Perimeter defense because Shaq's too slow to react. Speed of their transition game. Ability to hit open 3's. Clogging the middle and preventing Nash from penetrating. Shawn may not have been happy being a 3rd option, but he is the 3rd option that the Suns need. No offense to Matt Barnes, but he averages less than half of what Marion does in points, rebounds, steals, and blocks. Marion is a better defender, and a higher percentage shooter. Barnes hardly fills those shoes.

Philly and Toronto added all-stars without losing much, Orlando could end up being the 3rd best team in the East, and Washington's finally healthy. In the West, Utah is looking for a championship, Portland added two lottery picks (three if you count Rudy Fernandez), and Dallas is still a 55 win team. All Phoenix did was get older and slower. Robin Lopez will be a good hustle center but he's not going to dominate and he's never going to start while Shaq is there.

The fundamental flaw of this team is Shaq. He is not Kareem Abdul Jabaar. Kareem was always in shape (he studied martial arts with Bruce Lee, for crying out loud). Shaq's shape can best be described as amorphous. Shaq stands exactly where Nash wants to be, in the paint. Shaq cannot run the break. Shaq is no longer dominant. Shaq is tying up $20M/year. Shaq is getting very old, very quickly.

I could be convinced to move them up to maybe 15, I really actually have no reason why I put them below Chicago or Sacramento. But I also don't really have a reason to put them above, I think the team is ready to implode. And like I said with Golden State (20), you can't show weakness in the West. They can smell fear.

heyman321
08-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Heh, yeah the Lopez's probably get that alot, my bad. Marion was custom made for that team, a perimeter defender, who can run up and down the floor for 48 minutes, hit the spot-up 3, and is a FREAKISH athlete. Marion did NOT tie up the paint area, which prevents Nash from penetrating in the half court and creating plays. Marion was an excellent spot up shooter, and could close to the basket in three steps after the defense adjusted to whatever Nash was doing. He's also an excellent rebounder for 6'7" (averaging more than Shaq, btw), creating extra possessions and causing defenses to scramble, starting fast breaks, and allowing Nash to wreak havoc. What were the weaknesses of the Suns post trade? Perimeter defense because Shaq's too slow to react. Speed of their transition game. Ability to hit open 3's. Clogging the middle and preventing Nash from penetrating. Shawn may not have been happy being a 3rd option, but he is the 3rd option that the Suns need. No offense to Matt Barnes, but he averages less than half of what Marion does in points, rebounds, steals, and blocks. Marion is a better defender, and a higher percentage shooter. Barnes hardly fills those shoes.

Philly and Toronto added all-stars without losing much, Orlando could end up being the 3rd best team in the East, and Washington's finally healthy. In the West, Utah is looking for a championship, Portland added two lottery picks (three if you count Rudy Fernandez), and Dallas is still a 55 win team. All Phoenix did was get older and slower. Robin Lopez will be a good hustle center but he's not going to dominate and he's never going to start while Shaq is there.

The fundamental flaw of this team is Shaq. He is not Kareem Abdul Jabaar. Kareem was always in shape (he studied martial arts with Bruce Lee, for crying out loud). Shaq's shape can best be described as amorphous. Shaq stands exactly where Nash wants to be, in the paint. Shaq cannot run the break. Shaq is no longer dominant. Shaq is tying up $20M/year. Shaq is getting very old, very quickly.

I could be convinced to move them up to maybe 15, I really actually have no reason why I put them below Chicago or Sacramento. But I also don't really have a reason to put them above, I think the team is ready to implode. And like I said with Golden State (20), you can't show weakness in the West. They can smell fear.

That was a badass response.

Tom81
08-24-2008, 09:56 AM
lol, I never realized the pressure reached the fans.

less pressure for suns ,do you see :confused: fans????????

IndyRealist
08-24-2008, 11:00 AM
That was a badass response.

It better be, I spent an hour writing it ;)

Tom81
08-24-2008, 11:06 AM
BTW this ranking is ******** how you can make a ranking if there no even one game was playd.

IndyRealist
08-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Well for me the rankings are a projection of where the author thinks the teams are in terms of relative power, derived from a combination of last seasons success and offseason moves. It is interesting to see if, or how far, someone thinks a team has changed. Like the Suns, for instance. If you don't believe in them, don't find them interesting, I'd suggest not reading them.

DenButsu
08-24-2008, 07:57 PM
It better be, I spent an hour writing it ;)

Long, in depth posts ftmfw! :clap:

(Although I hardly ever do that myself...)