PDA

View Full Version : Kings ranked #26

Beno7500
08-22-2008, 07:22 PM
USA Today has ranked the Kings at number 26. It is ridiculous. the comment they leave on the Kings is "At least they have Beno Udrih"

What even more alarming is that they ranked PORTLAND # 5!!!

Also, Atlanta, Charlotte, Minnesota, Memphis, Miami, Clippers, and Milwaukee are all ranked higher than us. Ridiculous!

The league and all media hates us. They think we are going to be pure **** without Artest. We just have to prove them wrong.

Link (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/power-rankings.htm)

Kings Faithful
08-22-2008, 07:49 PM
What kind of ridiculous comment is that "at least we have beno udrih"? They are absolutely clueless. We'll be a good team this year, were not going to be playoff bound, but were going to make every team have to at least work for a win like last year. Its strange, people rank Portland leaps and bounds higher than us, which i don't disagree with for the most part, but for some reason everytime we go against them i feel like we are the better team. I have a hard time realizing that we arn't as good as we used to be, but i still consider ourselves better than Portland when we face them....

Beno7500
08-22-2008, 07:51 PM
We won the season series 3 - 1 against Portland last year.

BG6
08-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Wow screw USA Today lol. Thats the one comment they decided to go with about us?

Beno7500
08-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Wow screw USA Today lol. Thats the one comment they decided to go with about us?

Welcome to the forums BG6. Stay very active .

BG6
08-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Welcome to the forums BG6. Stay very active .

Thanx, Im gonna be.

Agent008
08-22-2008, 10:22 PM
That poll is terrible. We're probably going to be in the lottery again, but we're definitely not the fifth worst team in the league. And like Beno7500 said, Portland at #5? Like everyone else, I think Portland has a really bright future, but ranking them the fifth best team in the league is pretty ridiculous. USA Today's comment was that they are adding Oden, Fernandez, and Bayless to an already solid team. I'm not saying those players aren't going to be good, but are three players with a combined 0 games of NBA experience going to bump Portland up from 10th in the West to 5th in the whole league? Probably not.

kfranks22
08-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Last I checked an opinion poll has nothing to do with reality and what will actually happen... In the west we will NOT be a playoff team so I'll just be looking for progress, not wins anyways... Basically what I'm saying is who gives a damn what the usa today thinks, it is 100 % meaningless.

Kyle N.
08-23-2008, 12:32 AM
At least we have Beno... don't we have like Kevin Martin or something too. I can't quite remember. And oh yeah, US Today has never seen an NBA game before in their lives.

RocketsRule
08-23-2008, 02:09 AM
I'd say we are in the 20s, but not that low. High 20s is more like it, we are better than the Grizzlies and Wolves. Other than that it's a toss up. Many teams could do better, or could do worse. I mean, we should be higher, but I think you guys are blowing this out of proportion a bit.

FarOutIos
08-23-2008, 09:12 AM
I don't really care much about how good we are this year. And I certainly don't care about their story. It is pretty lame with the comments. "Superbad?"... Ok.City has a good young core that should excite their fans. And "Gayo?"... their comments are SuperGayo!

JR8536
08-23-2008, 02:18 PM
hhahhahahaa...thats funny..they have NO idea..memphis over us?? hahaha..i honestly believe sacramento will be a surprise team..we can be 6 7 or 8 in the west..we have all the scorers..i hear alot about D..hmm do the Suns play D? do the wizards play D?..hmm and im pretty sure they make playoffs..lol..yeah kings always been hated on..ever since 2002 when we got cheated!..david stern should be fired for that BS..but oh well..if kings stay healthy..we will make playoffs!

Beno7500
08-23-2008, 02:30 PM
I like that optimism

Kyle N.
08-24-2008, 01:32 AM
I like that optimism

I scrolled down to your comment and I was thinking the exact same thing.

Beno7500
08-24-2008, 02:35 AM
Yo Kyle, play that Elimination game. It's fun.

Kyle N.
08-25-2008, 09:11 PM
Yo Kyle, play that Elimination game. It's fun.

Eh, alright, since you asked.