PDA

View Full Version : Second Best Basket player talnet producer

Hellcrooner
08-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Is clear ( adn was never doubted) that Us aproduces the best players in the world like duncan, garnett kobe etc etc.

Now basing on olympics and international performance and how they players do in nba or the status they reach wich country do you think produces the most talented players aside of Usa?

superkegger
08-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Argentina or Spain obviously.

Beno7500
08-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Argentina

Wake's Fastball
08-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Argentina and Spain are probably up there behind the US. Canada, Russia, Italy and Brazil are probably the tier below that.

JWalk126
08-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Spain for sure.

its known to have the best league outside the NBA, doesnt say much about the massive difference though

knicks1214
08-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Spain is the second best. Then Argentina. Then Italy. They have very talented players in Italy...

superkegger
08-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Spain is the second best. Then Argentina. Then Italy. They have very talented players in Italy...

like who?

JWalk126
08-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Italy is considered to be one of the top leagues in Europe

superkegger
08-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Italy is considered to be one of the top leagues in Europe

Didn't know that. But is it the Italian League that is good, or is it Italian players....because Spain and Argentina have great players from those countries, I don't know how the leagues work over there.

But I would fail terribly if i were to try and name even one italian player. I mean if they're so good, why did they not even make the olympics?

dre1990
08-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Argentina and spain. france produces good talent too

JWalk126
08-22-2008, 05:43 PM
But I would fail terribly if i were to try and name even one italian player. I mean if they're so good, why did they not even make the olympics?
my guess is they got eliminated by Croatia, Greece and Germany
and because just so many European teams can make the Olympics

6 of the 12 Olympic teams were European

edit: thing is, Croatia has one team known to be good. the German teams in the Euroleague change every year. Greece or Russia are probably the 2nd best league(s) in Europe

knicks1214
08-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Bargnani is a very good player, even though the stats don't necessarily show it. Bellineli is one of the best shooters in the NBA. Gallinari is another good player. By far though, Spain has the second most talented players. Then Argentina, then Italy I think...
List of players:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_players_by _country
It's not Italy alone though...there are obviously other teams near them, if not better (france). I don't know 100% where everyone is coming from but from scouts say, the Italians have the third best league in the world-most of the players are italian i presume.

Lakersfan2483
08-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Spain, Yugoslavia and Argentina. Croatia also has produced good talent.

bogdanrom
08-22-2008, 06:13 PM
What about France? They have a bunch of NBA players. Tony Parker, Boris Diaw, Nicholas Batum, Gelabele, Johan Petro and others. They're not the top but their top 5 at least. The second best basketball talent producer ever would probably be Yuguslavia.

mrblisterdundee
08-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Didn't know that. But is it the Italian League that is good, or is it Italian players....because Spain and Argentina have great players from those countries, I don't know how the leagues work over there.

You're right; Italian basketball is not very competitive compared to the triumvirate of the United States, Spain, and Argentina.
Italy matters though, as Argentina is a half and half mix of Italians and Spaniards. Also, Spain is made up of people who migrated west along the Iberian peninsula, and has a massive influence from the Roman empire (also from Italy. It's just like Africa being genetically responsible for most of the best basketball players.
Genetics doesn't matter as much as skill, but bodily makeup is important.

mrblisterdundee
08-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Is clear ( adn was never doubted) that Us aproduces the best players in the world like duncan, garnett kobe etc etc.

Now basing on olympics and international performance and how they players do in nba or the status they reach wich country do you think produces the most talented players aside of Usa?

Tim Duncan was raised in America, but is from the Virgin Islands.

_Sn1P3r_
08-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Spain or Argentina.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Probably Spain, the number of succesfull signings for the nba is greater than the Number of busts ( Just one, Sergio Rodriguez),

i would Say France is the second since french players seem to adapt well to the Nba.

Argentina has had some busts like Pepe Sanchez or Wolkowisky.

And italy so far has been a deception, Bustnani and Bustinelli hope my team has not drafted Bustinari ( Cross fingers):

JWalk126
08-23-2008, 10:38 PM
why are we mentioning non-existent countries? why didnt anyone mention the Soviet Union?

Jay22Redd
08-24-2008, 12:21 AM
Spain

JWalk126
08-24-2008, 12:33 AM
I didnt know that Tony Parker is the only Belgium born player in the NBA