PDA

View Full Version : Where to look

Bulldog76
08-22-2008, 05:07 PM
A lot of these threads seem to be focusing on who is going to make the team...But I would like to think that we could still improve the week in week out talent of this roster by those players who will be cut in the coming weeks.

We have a battle at WR with Booker and Bradley...but Indianapolis, New England and the Giants all have talented WR's who may become available

We are in a battle at the cornerback position with Vasher, Tillman, McBride, Bowman, Graham and RM Jr. all competing for the job...

Our offensive line could use a little veteran depth at tackle as well...And with the Cowboys loaded at OT, we could find a player there...

Our linebacking group could use a MLB with Wilson done for the season, and Okwo may not be an NFL player when it is all said and done...so would we want to look at other rosters for who may be available...

I guess my basic question is where should we look for depth on our roster (because we must all face the fact, that we are not going to find any front line/starting talent this late in the game)...and who do you think will become available...

BowDown
08-22-2008, 05:10 PM
I don't think a specific team matters. A lot of quality guys will be cut next week and the Bears can pick up whatever they'd like without having to give up anything in a trade. If there's nothing there, then you look around. But nothing should be done now till the rosters are set.

Plus the Bears like being frugal and picking up cut players is their speciailty.

Soop
08-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Our linebacking group could use a MLB with Wilson done for the season, and Okwo may not be an NFL player when it is all said and done...

Only if the 49ers didn't sign Takeo Spikes.

Bulldog76
08-22-2008, 05:14 PM
^I'm not looking to make a trade...I'm looking to improve the roster via camp cuts...I'm asking what position would you go after...

BowDown
08-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Oline>>>>

chitown_havoc
08-22-2008, 05:32 PM
1. O- Line number 1 priority. Its shaky and inconsistent. It wont hurt to enforce

2. Line Backer, with Wilson ( Stand-out special teams player)out we will need someone to step up and fill in his shoes. Definitely not in house, unless Okwo suddenly steps up.

3. WR, with Booker (washed up) possibly cut and the big questions of who stays (Bradley, Hass, Rideau) why not look around, we might hit the JACK POT!!!!