PDA

View Full Version : Something about yourself...

BowDown
08-22-2008, 05:00 PM
I was reading some posts the other day while I was listening to some tunes and I started to wonder what some of the music you guys listen too... specifically any favorite bands.

My fav band is Disturbed. I listen to bands like Skillet, Submersed, Staind,
3 Doors Down, Three Days Grace and Breaking Benjamin.

Please refrain from just stating the genre of music by saying rap or rock.

Be specific.

Soop
08-22-2008, 05:06 PM
My favorite artist is 2Pac, My favorite group of all time is N.W.A., I also like Sublime and The Doors.

Tankjeep
08-22-2008, 05:13 PM
all time favorite rock band: the cult
but i love lenny kravitz, u2, nickelback

all time favorite rap group: eric b n rakim
i like coolio, ll cool j, run dmc, dmx, house of pain, etc.

for country: kenny chesney
like tobey keith, brad peasely, carrie underwood

for jazz/blues/big band: frank sinatra and harry connick jr.

alternative: pearl jam

new band: flowbots....great album

Bulldog76
08-22-2008, 05:17 PM
jack johnson, dave matthews, grateful dead, phish, johnny cash, O.A.R., jurassic 5, hum-v, outkast, kanye west, jay z...those are the most common/frequently played ones in my ipod

"you know how I know your gay?"
"how"
"you listen to cold play"
-40 year old virgin

which really pissed me off because I listen to cold play from time to time, and now I have that line in my head forever...

Bulldog76
08-22-2008, 05:19 PM
My favorite artist is 2Pac, My favorite group of all time is N.W.A., I also like Sublime and The Doors.

Sooper, you gotta check out some more recent hip-hop...some of it is really good (some is terrible)...check out my buddy Hum V on I-tunes, he's a really talented up and comer

Simple Man; made for radio, not his best, but probably his most popular
Every Word; my favorite...

He's not Jay-Z, but he is my friend, so I try to pimp his stuff out...

Tankjeep
08-22-2008, 05:20 PM
^^baaahaaaahaaaa, that's one of my favorite movies to quote.

along with old school, ron burgundy, wedding crashers, etc.

btw, i forgot to mention dave matthews & jack johnson. there's a va. band that's young and pretty good called "jack's house".

Soop
08-22-2008, 05:21 PM
jack johnson, dave matthews, grateful dead, phish, johnny cash, O.A.R., jurassic 5, hum-v, outkast, kanye west, jay z...those are the most common/frequently played ones in my ipod

"you know how I know your gay?"
"how"
"you listen to cold play"
-40 year old virgin

which really pissed me off because I listen to cold play from time to time, and now I have that line in my head forever...

http://media.photobucket.com/image/youre a homo/frankjortiz/youre_a_homo.jpg?o=18 :laugh2:

BowDown
08-22-2008, 05:26 PM
This is music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWxBrI0g1kE

Bulldog76
08-22-2008, 05:29 PM
this is one of my buddies videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMRz9OkBsQU

freaknasty23
08-22-2008, 06:01 PM

your my hero, i also listen to freestyle mixtape from lil wayne, lupe fiasco, TI, luda, eminem, etc. some really smooth stuff is out there. plus 90's outkast is my favorite band, along with red hot chili peppers

Tkais9009
08-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Favorite bands - Theory of a deadman, Hinder, Seether, three days grace, and Nickleback

dyceman
08-22-2008, 06:34 PM
2 Pac is a god, as is Frank and Oscar Brown Jr. Coming in behind them---
outkast, Nickelback, Eminem, and Celine Dion----JUST KIDDING!!!
Can't stand the woman. I'll only listen to Coldplay if I'm in my wife's car
cuz it's her call. She hates it when I've got hip-hop in my car but WTF!

Soop
08-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Sooper, you gotta check out some more recent hip-hop...some of it is really good (some is terrible)...check out my buddy Hum V on I-tunes, he's a really talented up and comer

Simple Man; made for radio, not his best, but probably his most popular
Every Word; my favorite...

He's not Jay-Z, but he is my friend, so I try to pimp his stuff out...
I also have some friends that are musicians but I like what Tupac stood for. He's alot different than these artist of today.

this is one of my buddies videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMRz9OkBsQU
I thought that was Rob D and Big Black at first :laugh2:. Song was cool.

your my hero, i also listen to freestyle mixtape from lil wayne, lupe fiasco, TI, luda, eminem, etc. some really smooth stuff is out there. plus 90's outkast is my favorite band, along with red hot chili peppers
Of course I am.

Crooked I is the best in freestyle and mixtapes. If you don't know, now you know and knowing is half the battle...G.I. Joe.

HOWE do i do it
08-22-2008, 06:53 PM
i listen to a lot of hip hop, but mainly "underground" stuff.

dyceman
08-22-2008, 07:06 PM
i listen to a lot of hip hop, but mainly "underground" stuff.

love the sig

:laugh:

cambovenzi
08-22-2008, 07:15 PM
wigga beats!
lol.
nah..

newer rock type stuff.
story of the year, breathe carolina, senses fail, alesana, underoath ...

BowDown
08-22-2008, 07:45 PM
^^^^

See if you like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjDO0HbErpY

cambovenzi
08-22-2008, 07:53 PM
it was OK.
not really my style.

spartanbear
08-23-2008, 02:36 AM
Jigga - All
Outkast - All
Kanye - All
2pac - All
Common - Mostly New some old

freaknasty23
08-23-2008, 02:38 AM
who the uck likes to get drunk n post on PSD? well next time you drink 9 tall boys of natty ice, try this ****.

HOWE do i do it
08-23-2008, 03:14 AM
your **** is so weak.. i did a power hour, then went to a kegger and the bar, and i'm sober..

it's pathetic, really.

beardown1985
08-23-2008, 05:15 AM
your **** is so weak.. i did a power hour, then went to a kegger and the bar, and i'm sober..

it's pathetic, really.

Carbondale represent!!!

haha no but really, drunk posting on PSD is probably the best thing anybody has ever done. ever.

Sublime is the best band ever, 2pac and Nas are the best rappers ever and the Grateful Dead (and jambands in general) are the absolute ****.

Coach100
08-23-2008, 09:22 AM
So, wow, I am the odd man here.

I like Rascall Flatts and Maroon 5. I like Outkast, to.

Although I use to listen to DMX when I was in HS, so I like their not-new stuff. In fact, things change a lot. I used to listen to county, then Metalica and AC/DC, then rap. I am not crazy into music, though. I have to listen to clean stuff now, as I usually have at least one kid in the car, so my wife forbids some music.

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
08-23-2008, 09:53 AM
http://media.photobucket.com/image/youre a homo/frankjortiz/youre_a_homo.jpg?o=18 :laugh2:

that pic was so awesome its my desktop background now... (its pointing at my cooworkers, not me..) in my mind there's a urlacher hester hybrid baby pointing at me saying "atta boy!!"

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
08-23-2008, 09:55 AM
anyways, if you wanna listen to good music, listen to anyone on the blues brothers soundtrack

Soop
08-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Carbondale represent!!!

haha no but really, drunk posting on PSD is probably the best thing anybody has ever done. ever.

Sublime is the best band ever, 2pac and Nas are the best rappers ever and the Grateful Dead (and jambands in general) are the absolute ****.

I use to go to their concerts when Jerry Garcia was alive just to buy large amounts of acid. That's right, I was a hustler like that.

beardown1985
08-23-2008, 12:23 PM
I use to go to their concerts when Jerry Garcia was alive just to buy large amounts of acid. That's right, I was a hustler like that.

oh man you don't know how much i envy you right now!

I make the 6 hour trip a couple times a year to a music festival called schwagstock in the middle of the Ozarks that an awesome GD coverband puts together. I saw you like the doors too... last time i went, Moonlight Drive (a Doors tribute band) was there and they sounded EXACTLY like them, one of the best shows i've ever seen.. I couldn't even imagine a better Jim impersonation. Anyways if you're into that type of thing you should definitely check it out, I have the best weekend of my life every time I go there and its worth the drive no matter how far you have to go!

Soop
08-23-2008, 12:41 PM
oh man you don't know how much i envy you right now!

I make the 6 hour trip a couple times a year to a music festival called schwagstock in the middle of the Ozarks that an awesome GD coverband puts together. I saw you like the doors too... last time i went, Moonlight Drive (a Doors tribute band) was there and they sounded EXACTLY like them, one of the best shows i've ever seen.. I couldn't even imagine a better Jim impersonation. Anyways if you're into that type of thing you should definitely check it out, I have the best weekend of my life every time I go there and its worth the drive no matter how far you have to go!

Grateful Dead- I use to go to Oakland and San Francisco to purchase sheets that went for $40.00. I'd get at least 10 sheets. With 100 tabs per sheet and selling each tab for $5.00, business was booming.

The Doors- Wild Child is the best cover band I've ever seen. I seen them a couple times at the House of Blues in Los Angeles and Anaheim. You should check them out, they're the next best thing hands down.

giventofly
08-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Guys, this is a Bears forum. Keep the topics Bears-related.

That's why we have a General Discussion/Entertainment forum.