PDA

View Full Version : Celts sign Darius Miles

Boston-Born
08-22-2008, 12:38 PM
"The Celtics have signed swingman Darius Miles, according to the Boston Globe. More details should be available soon.

Miles will open the season with a 10-game suspension for violating the league's drug policy (again), but that just gives him more time to re-adjust to the level of the NBA."
-Boston Globe

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NBA&id=680

Skin&Bones
08-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Hopefully he gets his act all together this time...

superkegger
08-22-2008, 12:40 PM
big whoop. he's a washed up never has been.

Lakersfan2483
08-22-2008, 12:43 PM
I don't know how much he can help their team, he's been average since he came into the leage.

style-206
08-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Great for locker room chemistry. Dumb move.

SIN3ITY
08-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Dat ***** sux!! hands down.....
Would u ever put him on ur team?

Lakersfan2483
08-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Dat ***** sux!! hands down.....
Would u ever put him on ur team?

To answer your question, NO, I would not.

JordansBulls
08-22-2008, 12:57 PM
He is a title team a team that won it all, he has no choice but to behave.

superkegger
08-22-2008, 01:02 PM
He is a title team a team that won it all, he has no choice but to behave.

It's not him behaving that is a concern, its the fact that his knee is completely ****ed. If it's as bad as it was reported, i don't see him making a comeback. No one has ever come back from an injury in which it forced them to retire. I don't see Miles having the drive and passion for basketball to be the first.

Tha Truth
08-22-2008, 01:03 PM
I forgot about this guy.

I liked him in his Clipper days.

I don't know what to expect from him.

Rome
08-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Can't say I didn't see this coming. Obviously they think they can get something out of him.

fresh prince
08-22-2008, 01:09 PM
I doubt he ever gets cleared to play. His knee is "supposedly" done according to Portland doctors.. Maybe he has been faking the knee injury this whole time. And Since the Celtics already have Paul Peirce the king at fake knee injuries D. Miles may be a good fit :)

NYKnickFanatic
08-22-2008, 01:12 PM
He most likely wont make the team. But hey, you never know.

mrblisterdundee
08-22-2008, 01:17 PM
His knee is screwed, and he's already making tens of millions of dollars. Now that he's coming back, not only will he continue to make that money, but Portland has to put him back on it's payroll.
That means bye bye to any chance of Portland picking up a free agent veteran, unless they want to sign crap to a contract. He represented over $30 million off the Blazer's pocketbook.
Not only should Portland have outed him to the press on his suspension, they should have taken a baseball bat and made sure this wouldn't happen.

superkegger
08-22-2008, 01:20 PM
His knee is screwed, and he's already making tens of millions of dollars. Now that he's coming back, not only will he continue to make that money, but Portland has to put him back on it's payroll.
That means bye bye to any chance of Portland picking up a free agent veteran, unless they want to sign crap to a contract. He represented over $30 million off the Blazer's pocketbook.
Not only should Portland have outed him to the press on his suspension, they should have taken a baseball bat and made sure this wouldn't happen.

he's still got to play in 10 games, just him getting signed doesn't put his salary back on the books. It's also a non-gaurunteed contract, making him easily dispensible. Plus, the fact that he still has to make the team, and then wait out his 10 game suspension makes it doubtful he'll ever actually see action in 10 games, especially when the C's see what kind of shape his knee is in.

Rome
08-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Still I'd be a tad worried being portlands FO.

SwaggaIke
08-22-2008, 01:27 PM
I hate stupid *** writers. Talking about "violating the league drug policy(again)". When they didn't even mention the fact that all he was taking was a weight loss supplement. I hate dumb *** writers who try to give off all the wrong impressions. I'm happy D Miles is getting his opportunity, hopefully he seizes it.

97'bulls
08-22-2008, 01:31 PM
wow good signing

kylem4711
08-22-2008, 01:32 PM
low risk high payoff signing

Iodine
08-22-2008, 01:36 PM
I hate stupid *** writers. Talking about "violating the league drug policy(again)". When they didn't even mention the fact that all he was taking was a weight loss supplement. I hate dumb *** writers who try to give off all the wrong impressions. I'm happy D Miles is getting his opportunity, hopefully he seizes it.
Word

Nice signing he is the best SF in the history of people who's name are named darius miles

obrpunk
08-22-2008, 01:36 PM
that made me throw up in my mouth a little....

harris2carter
08-22-2008, 01:46 PM
i was rutin 4 him when he had a chance 4 the nets now i hope he hurts his knee agin IMO jk but seriously y would they sign him he cant shoot or defend that well

RapsFan4Life
08-22-2008, 01:58 PM
let me break it down, miles is a good defender and pretty athletic and can run the floor, he has his problems BUT kevin garnett will break his other knees if he f* cks with the celts chemistry, so i dont think there is much to worry about, he is gunna be a decent replacement for james posey

jimbobjarree
08-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Word

Nice signing he is the best SF in the history of people who's name are named darius miles

****, you guys have signed the best Darius Miles in the world, nice one

BTownTeamsRKing
08-22-2008, 01:59 PM
worth a shot.

i thought this would happen a while ago actually. the Celtics liked wat they saw in a work out.

in defending my team's decision i will say that maybe he can produce for this team since he is with PP, Ray, KG, and Miles will not be the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd maybe not even 6th scoring option on the Celtics.

makes for great trash time Dunks by JR Giddens, Walker, TA, and MIles lol.

Iodine
08-22-2008, 02:01 PM
****, you guys have signed the best Darius Miles in the world, nice one

Fail I R SHIXA FAN |\|()()13

J-Relo
08-22-2008, 02:25 PM
great pick up, i hope Darisu will get back to shape...

Jay22Redd
08-22-2008, 02:36 PM
I dont think he has anything left

Cracka2HI!
08-22-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm glad and I hope he plays 11 games! That would F Portland sooo bad, but something has to throw a wrentch into their plans. They are just too stacked.

bostncelts34
08-22-2008, 03:33 PM
let me break it down, miles is a good defender and pretty athletic and can run the floor, he has his problems BUT kevin garnett will break his other knees if he f* cks with the celts chemistry, so i dont think there is much to worry about, he is gunna be a decent replacement for james posey

exactly. Plus, its a non-gaurenteed contract. Hes easily dispensible. This is definitly a low risk move, with high potential. Doesnt hurt the c's at all, cna only help. i like it.

superkegger
08-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Word

:laugh:

I think the best game of his career was played in Van Wilder

exactly. Plus, its a non-gaurenteed contract. Hes easily dispensible. This is definitly a low risk move, with high potential. Doesnt hurt the c's at all, cna only help. i like it.

Yeah. It's real low risk. I don't think he'll end up making the team, because if hes not in good shape, or playing well, there's no reason to keep him, especially since he can't even play for 10 games after the season starts.

Faneik
08-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Didn't see any footage of his workouts so I got to trust Danny.

And like someone said it's a low risk/??? reward situation.

I now hope for a strong return of Darius.

Beno7500
08-22-2008, 03:58 PM
What is he gonna do?

_Sn1P3r_
08-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Hopefully he gets his act together this time and prove he is still a decent player.

KeithLBC
08-22-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm glad and I hope he plays 11 games! That would F Portland sooo bad, but something has to throw a wrentch into their plans. They are just too stacked.

My thoughts exactly :D

PurpleJesus
08-22-2008, 04:58 PM
I think its a good move. I remember the Sports Illustrated with him and KG on the cover, and the story of how Miles was the next KG. KG is the ultimate teammate, and should be useful in turning Miles around. I think Miles can still contribute in the league, and with all the money invested in Boston's big three, Boston has to make these moves where they give a player little money and hope for huge returns.
I was looking for Miles profile on NBA.com and Hoopshype.com but they dont have him listed.

Iodine
08-22-2008, 05:03 PM
:laugh:

I think the best game of his career was played in Van Wilder

Yeah. It's real low risk. I don't think he'll end up making the team, because if hes not in good shape, or playing well, there's no reason to keep him, especially since he can't even play for 10 games after the season starts.

That was an a amzing game top 12 all time

DopieB
08-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Could be a great pick up if he keeps his head on straight and lives up to the potential he had when he was drafted, but that's a lot to ask for. It's a better pick up then the Pistons grabbing Kwame Brown

mrblisterdundee
08-22-2008, 05:10 PM
he's still got to play in 10 games, just him getting signed doesn't put his salary back on the books. It's also a non-gaurunteed contract, making him easily dispensible. Plus, the fact that he still has to make the team, and then wait out his 10 game suspension makes it doubtful he'll ever actually see action in 10 games, especially when the C's see what kind of shape his knee is in.

He still needs to be dealt with. We Blazer fans cannot risk any possibilities. How cheap would it be to get some Irish Guido to bust his good knee with a baseball bat? I bet if we give him a case of Mickey's, he'll do it for free.

superkegger
08-22-2008, 05:13 PM
He still needs to be dealt with. We Blazer fans cannot risk any possibilities. How cheap would it be to get some Irish Guido to bust his good knee with a baseball bat? I bet if we give him a case of Mickey's, he'll do it for free.

how about we don't use poor ethnic stereo types and racial slurs.

mariotubes
08-22-2008, 05:13 PM
ive always liked this guy, i hope he can get back to form but i highly doubt it

mrblisterdundee
08-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Could be a great pick up if he keeps his head on straight and lives up to the potential he had when he was drafted, but that's a lot to ask for. It's a better pick up then the Pistons grabbing Kwame Brown

No matter how bad he is, Kwame Brown is still a better acquisition. Darius Miles hasn't played in two years, and hopefully never again. He has his attractive, intellectual girlfriend and lots of money, and should just piss off out of the NBA and into obscurity. Maybe he can help do another Van Wilder movie.

nbafan244
08-22-2008, 05:17 PM
yeah potland let him go.....when the sucked hardcore...what makes u think he will last on the nba champs team? he has a horrible attitude....more power to him if he can come back...but he should listen to the doctors and retire while hes only semi flushed down the toilet. go to europe lol

mrblisterdundee
08-22-2008, 05:19 PM
how about we don't use poor ethnic stereo types and racial slurs.

Please have a liberal sense of humor. Ethnic stereotypes are used on a daily basis for some very debasing yet hilarious comedy. Besides, I'd probably have to include some whiskey before they'd ever accept the deal.

nbafan244
08-22-2008, 05:22 PM
thats right screw miles he is a good for nothing piece of crap, GO BLAZERS

jayl1377
08-22-2008, 05:24 PM

Irish Guido?? thats an oxymoron...guido's are italians and irish people are just mick's. lets get this straightened out.

superkegger
08-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Please have a liberal sense of humor. Ethnic stereotypes are used on a daily basis for some very debasing yet hilarious comedy. Besides, I'd probably have to include some whiskey before they'd ever accept the deal.

No, its not funny. I mean I guess if you're a fan of racisim and prejudice, thats cool. Can comedians use it in an act and it be funny, yeah, but you're hardly a comedian, and this is not your stage to use racial stereotypes and slurs.

dre1990
08-22-2008, 05:57 PM
hahahahahaha why the hell would they sign that fat ****

S.J.Basketball
08-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Good signing.

tonyd3b54
08-22-2008, 06:10 PM
if any of u did any research u would know that the celtics hav had miles in for multiple work out during the offseason... and obviously if they signed him hes looked pretty good in the work outs.... theres no way really to critisize this signing...we all kno its hardly goin to cost the celtics anything and if the knee is alright hes a pretty good player so its low risk high reward....

cmoneytakemoney
08-22-2008, 06:25 PM
I think its a good move. I remember the Sports Illustrated with him and KG on the cover, and the story of how Miles was the next KG. KG is the ultimate teammate, and should be useful in turning Miles around. I think Miles can still contribute in the league, and with all the money invested in Boston's big three, Boston has to make these moves where they give a player little money and hope for huge returns.
I was looking for Miles profile on NBA.com and Hoopshype.com but they dont have him listed.

Yeah on hoopshype.com Miles is in the free agency section right now but, he will be on the Celtics roster in a couple days.

blazerman
08-22-2008, 06:48 PM
:clap:Once I heard Paul Pierce was jailed recently,I Knew Darius Miles karma was in Boston.I bet by the allstar break the city of Boston will be singing"THEIR IN THE JAILHOUSE NOW", or half the the team will be in rehab or suspended for violating the substance abuse policy.DARIUS YOUR CANCER! I am so happy your not in Portland anymore because I got tired of seeing your mug on the news!

BouGa
08-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Don't be surprised on how guys can push themselves when they have a legit shot a ring.

Look at what the big 3 did last year, they all completely made a full turn on how they play and look what happened.

PJ Brown was signed last year just for insurance, people thought he would do nothing. He came and was probably the 2nd best guy off our bench behind Posey.

Never second guess the front office of Champions.

innovator
08-22-2008, 10:36 PM
i hope he doesnt behave and kill the ACTOR

superkegger
08-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Don't be surprised on how guys can push themselves when they have a legit shot a ring.

Look at what the big 3 did last year, they all completely made a full turn on how they play and look what happened.

PJ Brown was signed last year just for insurance, people thought he would do nothing. He came and was probably the 2nd best guy off our bench behind Posey.

Never second guess the front office of Champions.

Never second guess the front office of Champions huh?

Thats one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

A lot of Championship teams have made FO blunders that following offseason.

I'm definetly question letting posey go for one, that is going to hurt come playoffs.

But I'm going to go ahead and question the bulls front office when they didn't bring back phil scottie and mike in 99. they would have come back, but the FO ****ed it up. I question that.

I questiont he Lakers FO when they traded Shaq and let Phil go.

I definetly question the Heat FO when they didn't do anything to bolster their team after winning their championship.

op12
08-22-2008, 11:21 PM
i hope he doesnt behave and kill the ACTOR

can we seriously get over this. just a bunch of haters that keep bringing it up.

stevefrancis
08-23-2008, 12:51 AM
i hate to say it but i'd rather have kwame

BTownTeamsRKing
08-23-2008, 01:01 AM
:clap:Once I heard Paul Pierce was jailed recently,I Knew Darius Miles karma was in Boston.I bet by the allstar break the city of Boston will be singing"THEIR IN THE JAILHOUSE NOW", or half the the team will be in rehab or suspended for violating the substance abuse policy.DARIUS YOUR CANCER! I am so happy your not in Portland anymore because I got tired of seeing your mug on the news!

lol hater

2008 Champs! cannn uuuu digggg ittttt

Miles is a poor mans Josh Smith. i hope this works out

TMAC94
08-23-2008, 10:18 AM
haha lol, lets hope he can do something now.