PDA

View Full Version : Luis Scola.

NYKnickFanatic
08-22-2008, 12:06 PM
You know Luis Scola, Dikembe Mutombos friend frome Argentina. :D

Well, he tore it up out there today.

Played a great game. Finished with a double double.

Watch out for Houston next year.

Its gonna be scary!

Alston
McGrady
Artest/Battier?
Scola
Yao

UHHH OHHHH!!!

dick butane
08-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Scola has been tearing it up for Argentina for a few years. Thats how he got to the NBA. Problem is he seems to wilt under the lights of the big time.

fredv
08-22-2008, 12:12 PM
Scola also put 37 on Russia.

fredv
08-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Four words: Thank you San Antonio!

rico
08-22-2008, 12:14 PM
yeah scola was the main guy for argentina. ginobli didn tshow up. noce played decent just got in foul trouble.

Lakersfan2483
08-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Scola is a really good player, he plays with a lot of heart, he has a good post up game and a solid midrange game.

prash
08-22-2008, 12:23 PM
The Rockets starting 5 is going to be insane in 08-09. Yao, Scola, Artest, McGrady & whoever.

That is just dirty/

fredv
08-22-2008, 12:24 PM
The Rockets starting 5 is going to be insane in 08-09. Yao, Scola, Artest, McGrady & whoever.

That is just dirty/

No need for PG we play 4 vs 5.

Jay22Redd
08-22-2008, 03:08 PM
i wish i would have seen the game

astrosmaniac
08-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Hes really good and stepped up when yao went out of the lineup. with another year under his belt i hope he will continue to improve

Reezy
08-22-2008, 03:19 PM
I've always been a fan of Scola's and this shows even more why he is a great player.

Rockets Fanatic
08-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Scola will put upa double double this year

Beno7500
08-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Hes good

Cavs_Fan24
08-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Scola's an amazing player. When i first heard about him, i had no idea he was THAT good.

too bad he doesnt play for Cleveland:sigh:

fredv
08-22-2008, 03:52 PM
He was a major steal.

_Sn1P3r_
08-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Scola was really good this game. Too bad he won't get as many shots in the NBA.

Gro_Da_Fro_Back
08-22-2008, 04:00 PM
I laugh whenever people say watch out for the Rockets this season. Especially since they wont even get out the first round, AGAIN! Yao will do decent possibly get hurt. T-Mac will play like T-Mac and carry the load, Ron will get hurt again, and Scola will crack under pressure. Do you remember who has already proven that they are good, the Lakers. They are a better all around team. Alston or whoever they have at PG cant compete with Fish. Then Kobe is better than Tracy and everyone knows that and some people will deny this even though it is the truth. Tracy plays on one side of the court. He has never made the 2nd team all defensive ever. Kobe has made the 1st team 5 times. If only there was a statistic that showed the ppg that the player allows. Lamar has a 3 inch advantage on Ron. He is too slow to keep up with him. And LO doesnt shoot a whole lot so what is that D going to do. Pau, cmon he is better than scola. PLeeez. Dont even dare say hes better than Pau. Bynum may not be as good as Yao. I do like Yao, he is the only person on that team that i cheer for. But what im saying is that Bynum bothers people. Amare is better than Bynum but Amare cant do anything against him. he was averaging 13 points and 7 boards against bynum. I expect the same for Yao. :smoking:

superkegger
08-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Scola's a good player, who plays better in international style ball. He's still a good nba player, but like a lot of the international nba players, they're much better playing in a FIBA game.

King Koopa
08-22-2008, 04:06 PM
bro there alot of players that do good in the Olympics and they cant play for **** in the nba because the game is different. for exp: Arroyo, that guy that the pacers signed never worked out, Scola didnt do that good last year and hes like what 28-30 not really expecting nonthing from him. I expect the Rockets to start Artest at PF.

King Koopa
08-22-2008, 04:08 PM
I laugh whenever people say watch out for the Rockets this season. Especially since they wont even get out the first round, AGAIN! Yao will do decent possibly get hurt. T-Mac will play like T-Mac and carry the load, Ron will get hurt again, and Scola will crack under pressure. Do you remember who has already proven that they are good, the Lakers. They are a better all around team. Alston or whoever they have at PG cant compete with Fish. Then Kobe is better than Tracy and everyone knows that and some people will deny this even though it is the truth. Tracy plays on one side of the court. He has never made the 2nd team all defensive ever. Kobe has made the 1st team 5 times. If only there was a statistic that showed the ppg that the player allows. Lamar has a 3 inch advantage on Ron. He is too slow to keep up with him. And LO doesnt shoot a whole lot so what is that D going to do. Pau, cmon he is better than scola. PLeeez. Dont even dare say hes better than Pau. Bynum may not be as good as Yao. I do like Yao, he is the only person on that team that i cheer for. But what im saying is that Bynum bothers people. Amare is better than Bynum but Amare cant do anything against him. he was averaging 13 points and 7 boards against bynum. I expect the same for Yao. :smoking:

Guy get off the lakers Face, alston is a better PG then ALston and besides that Amare would school Bynum anyday...... and he only played Bynum once.

Gro_Da_Fro_Back
08-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Guy get off the lakers Face, alston is a better PG then ALston and besides that Amare would school Bynum anyday...... and he only played Bynum once.

Dude does that make any sense. Alston is a better PG then Alston? WTF! And did you watch Amare play Bynum? He gets extremely annoyed. But i agree Amare is better than Bynum. Except when he plays bynum. THey have played each other more than once.

clutchfan
08-22-2008, 04:31 PM

hater :bs::bla::silly::drunk::yawn::sleep::mad:

Gro_Da_Fro_Back
08-22-2008, 04:42 PM
hater

Why would i be hating on a team that hasnt gotten out of the 1st round since 1846? cmon dude. if i was going to hate on a team it would be on a good team. and nice reply by the way with your very wide vocabulary. hater, seriously, you couldnt have found a bigger word. WOW! nice

goku
08-22-2008, 04:45 PM

why are you hating :bs::crazy::down:

Gro_Da_Fro_Back
08-22-2008, 04:46 PM
do i have to explain myself again?

astrosmaniac
08-22-2008, 04:50 PM

thios team hasnt played together yet, how are they suppose to have proven that they are good when they havent played yet. T-mac will behealthy for the playoffs like always. Artest isn't an injury prone player, so why would he get injured for the playoffs. after scola started last year, he averaged more than 10 points per game. Yao will destroy bynum. Bynum wont do anything against yao in the same way that dwight doesnt do anything when he plays yao. Fisher is on the downside of his carrer so hes about even, if not worse, than alston. yes kobe is better than t-mac, but artest and battier will both defend him and keep him close to his averages. odom can't stop artest, dont even try to pull that. Pau is better than scola, but since they both play similar styles, i expect the damage there to be kept to the minimum.

richardle9
08-22-2008, 05:03 PM
aww yeah thats my boy right there

Gro_Da_Fro_Back
08-22-2008, 05:04 PM
thios team hasnt played together yet, how are they suppose to have proven that they are good when they havent played yet. T-mac will behealthy for the playoffs like always. Artest isn't an injury prone player, so why would he get injured for the playoffs. after scola started last year, he averaged more than 10 points per game. Yao will destroy bynum. Bynum wont do anything against yao in the same way that dwight doesnt do anything when he plays yao. Fisher is on the downside of his carrer so hes about even, if not worse, than alston. yes kobe is better than t-mac, but artest and battier will both defend him and keep him close to his averages. odom can't stop artest, dont even try to pull that. Pau is better than scola, but since they both play similar styles, i expect the damage there to be kept to the minimum.

You are the 1st person to make a point, so thank you. But Ron also didnt have anyone else to take shots on the Kings. If you wanna say Kevin Martin, i disagree. But Ron will have to take his shot selection wayyyyyy down 'cause he is now the Rockets 3rd scoring option. How is he going to adjust to that. Yao will do ok if he doesnt get called for traveling with that same move in the post. And if he doesnt have any fouls. There are many thing that Yao has to avoid in order to have a good game. And you can expect that Kobe will draw as many fouls as he can on Battier, Ron, and Yao.

richardle9
08-22-2008, 05:05 PM
bro there alot of players that do good in the Olympics and they cant play for **** in the nba because the game is different. for exp: Arroyo, that guy that the pacers signed never worked out, Scola didnt do that good last year and hes like what 28-30 not really expecting nonthing from him. I expect the Rockets to start Artest at PF.

your wrong artest is playing SF and shane is on the bench and plus it was scola first year in the NBA

fredv
08-22-2008, 05:42 PM

None of what you are saying mean anything...

First of all this post is not about the Rockets and certainly not about the LAKERS. It's about Luis Scola. You only said one thing about Scola and it was very very intelligent.

Pau, cmon he is better than scola.
Thanks for contributing to the thread, you just proved you where in the good place.

Anyways, what you where saying just made me smile. I'm not going to talk and start bla bla because it will get messed up. So I will just make one little scheme to show you my point.

Fischer = Rafer

Kobe > Tmac

Odom < Artest(How do I know that? Well because the Kings refused a swap Odom<->Artest because he was not enough. That ring a bell?)

Pau > Scola

Bynum(your new "star") < Yao

So wait, i'm not saying the Rockets are equal, I also know that the Lakers have a good team and have a strong lineup. I also think that they are better than the Rockets. I am also scared that the Rockets are being overrated because I doubt there health.
HOWEVER, HOWEVER, I am sick and tired of people always talking about the lakers when things are not about THEM! Wtf man? The guy said he thought the Rockets would be good this year, and you just come out and say:"Hey guys, the Rockets will suck as always. However my team is great."
We don't care about your team in here. We care about Scola. If you want just go ahead and start a thread on how good the Lakers are and how bad the Rockets are. I'm guessing it will be a good read.

Oh yeah, and if you where in town in the 90's, you would know that the Rockets came out of the first round.

#1Mavericksfan
08-22-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm not gonna hate Scola put up some good numbers in the game vs. Team USA.

DreamShaker
08-22-2008, 07:27 PM
God how did this turn into a Rockets VS. Lakers thread again??? Oh well....Scola did what he always does....blue collar dirty work....but what I enjoyed seeing was how he was hitting that mid-range jumper....he was extremely inconsistant last year with that and if he can just start hitting that shot....his scoring average could go up 3-4 PPG....which is all the Rockets really could dream of for him....

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-22-2008, 07:30 PM
No need for PG we play 4 vs 5.

hahahah good one but scola has alot of heart

bball1217
08-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Man, I hope he continues his great play in the NBA.