PDA

View Full Version : #6 SF In The Game Today

Mile High Champ
08-22-2008, 08:38 AM
ey everyone, we will be continuing the series to find a true top 10 list at each spot. We have just finished the 5th poll and Ron Artest beat Marion by one vote. Number 6 should prove to be wide open in terms of voting.

Please vote and be sure to make comments to who you voted for to create discussion. I have included the players that should maybe have consideration to be in the top. The rest is up to you.

Like I said before, I will add more players to the list as soon as we put another guy on the top 10 list.

PS: Please do not start any threads with the same title. I am capable of conducting the polls and completing the series of threads to find the top 10 players at each position. If I need some help I will ask for it. Thanks for your time.

An updated list of the polls we have completed can be found here..
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261272

Enjoy!

1) Lebron James
2) Paul Pierce
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Caron Butler
5) Ron Artest
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

fredv
08-22-2008, 08:42 AM
Hey! I love these threads.

Just one request: Once every position is finished and voted, could you make like one thread will you show all the results? Because I can't keep track of the other positions we've already voted for!

Mile High Champ
08-22-2008, 09:02 AM

Just one request: Once every position is finished and voted, could you make like one thread will you show all the results? Because I can't keep track of the other positions we've already voted for!

Yeah no problem. I have one actually.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261272

RapsFan4Life
08-22-2008, 09:02 AM

mile high does make a thread called update on top 10 positions .. and it shows what has been done so far ...

my vote goes to josh smith, what a freak athlete his outside game isnt the best but it will improve and since josh understands he isnt a shooter he often drives the ball and does his dirty work for boards and block shots, great help and on ball defender .. it is close between marion but i'd put joshhy on my team
RJ is garbage ! ball hog and will never be a super star, plus he is ugly as hell ... looks like a bigger versian of sam cassell

Mile High Champ
08-22-2008, 09:06 AM
mile high does make a thread called update on top 10 positions .. and it shows what has been done so far ...

I also plan to make a top 10 list or top 15 players in the NBA list afterwards using the top 3 or 4 voted players at each position.

LakerzDQ
08-22-2008, 09:07 AM

my vote goes to josh smith, what a freak athlete his outside game isnt the best but it will improve and since josh understands he isnt a shooter he often drives the ball and does his dirty work for boards and block shots, great help and on ball defender .. it is close between marion but i'd put joshhy on my team
RJ is garbage ! ball hog and will never be a super star, plus he is ugly as hell ... looks like a bigger versian of sam cassell

:confused:
not at all.

I voted Josh Smith, but it's between him and Jefferson. Marion is close, but I don't think he's as good as he once was.

Mile High Champ
08-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Marion though always brings it every season, Always a guy that does not get the respect he deserves..

RapsFan4Life
08-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Marion though always brings it every season, Always a guy that does not get the respect he deserves..

cool a top 15 players in any position would be cool, and marion is a guy who is always under rated .. great player but i think smith is better
to LakerzDQ .. how can you tell me RJ is not ugly .. he is ugly not as ugly as Sam Cassell but he is pretty darn ugly !

DLeeicious
08-22-2008, 10:47 AM
I think a year from now Josh Smith and Rudy Gay are going to be in the top 5 talk, but as of right now it's gotta be Marion.

Mile High Champ
08-22-2008, 10:47 AM
I think a year from now Josh Smith and Rudy Gay are going to be in the top 5 talk, but as of right now it's gotta be Marion.

could agree with that but i feel granger should be apart of that group..

NYKnickFanatic
08-22-2008, 10:50 AM
cool a top 15 players in any position would be cool, and marion is a guy who is always under rated .. great player but i think smith is better
to LakerzDQ .. how can you tell me RJ is not ugly .. he is ugly not as ugly as Sam Cassell but he is pretty darn ugly !

Oh my bad.

I didnt know we were judging the players by looks and not skills.

Mile High Champ
08-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Lets get some more votes people!!

dick butane
08-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Doesn't Josh Smith seem to be more effective as a four?

DLeeicious
08-22-2008, 11:55 AM
could agree with that but i feel granger should be apart of that group..

No doubt, along with possibly Deng, and a few others...

Zefflin
08-22-2008, 12:20 PM
I'd take RJ over everyone on that list.

prash
08-22-2008, 12:25 PM
In 08-09 Kevin Durant will prove to be better than all remaining people in that poll.

He deserves #6.

Beno7500
08-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Josh Smith

Zefflin
08-22-2008, 12:27 PM
In 08-09 Kevin Durant will prove to be better than all remaining people in that poll.

He deserves #6.

He doesn't deserve anything yet. Unless he proves it.

DLeeicious
08-22-2008, 12:31 PM

He deserves #6.

He may put up big numbers, but let's not forget who he is playing for. You put a number of players on that team and they also become the go to guy and their numbers will look huge. Not saying he won't be a great player, just not yet.

still1ballin
08-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Vote for Marion again.

Lakersfan2483
08-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Wow, people don't have much respect for Marion's game. He's a perennial all-star and avgs. about 18 ppg and 10 rpg, and he's 6'7. He shoots nearly 50 pct from the field and is a terrific on the ball defender. Name another player his size with that type of rebounding ability?

iluvsports2much
08-22-2008, 01:08 PM
damn for real,the poll is on who is da best sf not who is da cutest sf.if it was i would have to vote for myself.lol no but for real,i had to vote for josh smith,he has a real nice polished game and is already a top 5 defender in the league.his offensive game gets better every year and he is still young,i think hes like 24,correct me if im wrong,but he is only gonna get better.i think if he gets his outside shot better then he would eventually be a top 3 sf in da league....nowhere near lebron tho.lol

Premier
08-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Marion, he should have been #5.

ryanj12344
08-22-2008, 01:44 PM
how come rashard lewis hasnt been mentioned? even though he plays pf sometimes, everyone knows he is a sf. he is way better than a lot of the guys on that list like danny granger and kevin durant.

iluvsports2much
08-22-2008, 01:55 PM
how come rashard lewis hasnt been mentioned? even though he plays pf sometimes, everyone knows he is a sf. he is way better than a lot of the guys on that list like danny granger and kevin durant.

rashard lewis is not better then danny granger.they might be close on offense with maybe da edge going to rashard but danny granger excells rashard lewis on defense and that is what seperates da two

JWalk126
08-22-2008, 02:06 PM
are you going to use these later for pre draft rankings in a mock draft?

RapsFan4Life
08-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Oh my bad.

I didnt know we were judging the players by looks and not skills.

im the one sitting infront of my tv set having to watch this guy with the light shinning off his watermello head ... the guy is greedy and would rather shoot threes that Vince creats for him .. he isnt a good shooter he is a decent finisher at the new, he has a long first step that he barely uses .. he isnt that basketball smart .. and he isnt a vet or anything, RJ is a good roll player but not the 6th SF, he should be happy if he makes it 9th or 10th .. rj is a no body and will never be .. i hope he breaks a leg

RapsFan4Life
08-22-2008, 02:11 PM
put Jamario Moon on that list !!!!

Tha Truth
08-22-2008, 02:12 PM
I like Josh Howard on this list.

But I think Josh Smith has the most talent.

JordansBulls
08-22-2008, 02:13 PM
If this was 2 years ago, Josh Howard would have probably been voted 2nd.

iluvsports2much
08-22-2008, 02:24 PM
im the one sitting infront of my tv set having to watch this guy with the light shinning off his watermello head ... the guy is greedy and would rather shoot threes that Vince creats for him .. he isnt a good shooter he is a decent finisher at the new, he has a long first step that he barely uses .. he isnt that basketball smart .. and he isnt a vet or anything, RJ is a good roll player but not the 6th SF, he should be happy if he makes it 9th or 10th .. rj is a no body and will never be .. i hope he breaks a leg

damn dude what do you got against richard jefferson?? wht da **** would you want him to break a leg??hes a lot better then you give him credit for and ya i agree he shouldnt be considered da 6th best sf but he would sure as hell blow out anyone the raptors would throw ar him.plz humor me and try to prove me wrong.:smoking:

Jay22Redd
08-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Josh Smith

Tom81
08-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Shawn Marion