View Full Version : Phoenix Suns depth chart update

PhoenixSuns73
08-22-2008, 06:05 AM
PG: Nash,Dragic
SG: Bell,Barbosa,Strawberry
SF:Hill,Barnes,Tucker
PF:Stat,Diaw,Admundson
C:Shaq,Lopez,Admundson

What do u guys think of that depth chart?????Admundson will play 2 backup roles for PF n C sinc he will get about 5 good minutes of each of them...Diaw might be a bit small for a PF but he plays that better sinc of his strong body and quick handles and he cant play SF cus his WAY TOOO SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom81
08-22-2008, 03:07 PM
I like our roster ,I just hope that Porter will use them.Sorry but I still remember D'Antoni hehe

cabrera_logic
08-22-2008, 03:39 PM

What do u guys think of that depth chart?????Admundson will play 2 backup roles for PF n C sinc he will get about 5 good minutes of each of them...Diaw might be a bit small for a PF but he plays that better sinc of his strong body and quick handles and he cant play SF cus his WAY TOOO SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say that we should sign D. Marshall. He's been released (waived) by the sonics. 6-9 PF, Decent 3-Pts shooter, not so bad rebounder.

STAT32
08-22-2008, 06:36 PM
^^^ Too much cash.

amare#1
08-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Yeah I like the team as it is now. If we don't resign Strawberry, I think we should sign Shaun Livingston... he would probably take a minimum contract.

theimortalone
08-22-2008, 08:42 PM

I love the line-up, but honestly I think that we should start Barnes(He seems like he can be a replica of Matrix!) Plus if Hill plays back-up, there is a less of a chance that Grant will get hurt. Plus we need his vertern leadership as for the 2nd unit.
1st Unit:
PG-Nash
SG-Bell
SF-Barnes
PF-Stoudemire
C-O'Neal
2nd Unit:
PG-Dragic
SG-Barbosa
SF-Hill
PF-Diaw
C-Lopez
What do you guys think of that idea?

STAT32
08-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Here's the way I look at it, either we start Grant for his leadership and bring Matt off the bench for his hustle. To be honest we have enough leadership in that starting 5 so I say Barnes starts and Grant becomes option number 7.

Steve Nash/Goran Dragic
Raja Bell/Leandro Barbosa
Matt Barnes/Grant Hill/Alando Tucker
Amare Stoudemire/Boris Diaw/Louis Amundson
Shaquille O'neal/Robin Lopez/Louis Amundson

God I love that line-up....

Rome
08-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Love the roster as is. Barnes starts. That's it. Perfect for my eyes. Say if DJ left and we signed Livingston, even if he wasn't fully ready we wouldn't need him anyway and Aaron Nelson and the staff could have all that time to get him back into playing shape. And he would cost ****.

theimortalone
08-22-2008, 09:43 PM
Here's the way I look at it, either we start Grant for his leadership and bring Matt off the bench for his hustle. To be honest we have enough leadership in that starting 5 so I say Barnes starts and Grant becomes option number 7.

Steve Nash/Goran Dragic
Raja Bell/Leandro Barbosa
Matt Barnes/Grant Hill/Alando Tucker
Shaquille O'neal/Robin Lopez/Louis Amundson

God I love that line-up....

Our 2nd Unit is gonna be a force to be reckoned with! I can't wait! We are gonna kick some *** this year!

amare#1
08-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Our bench, especially our 2nd unit is the best in the league in my probably biased opinion.

theimortalone
08-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Our bench, especially our 2nd unit is the best in the league in my probably biased opinion.

I agree with you 100%!!!! Our bench is gonna be so amazing! I would even love to see how the mix of Rolo and STAT would be.

certificial
08-22-2008, 10:50 PM
^^Agreed

amare#1
08-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Love the roster as is. Barnes starts. That's it. Perfect for my eyes. Say if DJ left and we signed Livingston, even if he wasn't fully ready we wouldn't need him anyway and Aaron Nelson and the staff could have all that time to get him back into playing shape. And he would cost ****.

Completely agree

amare#1
08-23-2008, 05:49 AM
I like our roster ,I just hope that Porter will use them.Sorry but I still remember D'Antoni hehe

Yeah I agree. That always pissed me off about D'Antoni. Lets hope that Porter plays a 10-13 man roster regularly!

KiNgSuNs1
08-23-2008, 06:18 AM

hmmmmm i disagree about diaw not being able to play the 3 spot unless u were talking bout admundson because diaw isnt to slow if you recall he was guarding tony parker in the playoffs and did a hell of a job at it to .

FreedomReigns
08-23-2008, 02:03 PM
I have a feeling that Porter will play matchups at the 2 and 3. Bell, Barbosa, Hill and Barnes should get their fair share of starts.

If Hill has the hot hand Porter can leave them out there for an extended amount of time without sacrificing Barnes minutes or vice versa. That's the luxury of having the depth and versatility the Suns do.

On a completely different note, I can't wait to see the Suns versus Lakers. This is the series I look forward to the most.

PhxGiant
08-23-2008, 02:29 PM
I'm with you on that one Freedom. I really believe that if we win the regular season series against the Lakers, then we will win the west.

gumpspeed
08-23-2008, 03:11 PM
I am on board this train too. Like Smokey Robinsons says in his song cruising......I love it..... I love it......

STAT32
08-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Steve Nash/Goran Dragic/Sean Singletary
Raja Bell/Leandro Barbosa/Alando Tucker (I feel Alando is better suited as a 2)
Matt Barnes/Grant Hill/Boris Diaw
Shaquille O'neal/Robin Lopez

Looking better every day.

amare#1
08-25-2008, 09:37 PM

I agree with you that Alando is better fitted at the 2.

STAT32
08-25-2008, 11:06 PM
He'll get more playing time there.

kjfan
08-26-2008, 12:20 AM
This would be ideal, finally our players would be fresh for the playoffs with these mins. Of course in tough games are stars are going to have to play alot more.

Nash 29 min. Dragic 14 min., Singletary 5 min. -alot more min. when nash sits out those 10 to 12 games)
Bell 25 min. Barbosa 20 min., Tucker 3 min.
Hill 20 min., Barnes 20 min. Diaw 8 min.
Stat 34 min. Diaw 14 min.
Shaq 25 min./Lopez 20 min. Amundson 3 min.

amare#1
08-26-2008, 12:27 AM
This would be ideal, finally our players would be fresh for the playoffs with these mins. Of course in tough games are stars are going to have to play alot more.

Nash 29 min. Dragic 14 min., Singletary 5 min. -alot more min. when nash sits out those 10 to 12 games)
Bell 25 min. Barbosa 20 min., Tucker 3 min.
Hill 20 min., Barnes 20 min. Diaw 8 min.
Stat 34 min. Diaw 14 min.
Shaq 25 min./Lopez 20 min. Amundson 3 min.

Yeah I pretty much agree with those minutes except for possibly one change which you kind of mentioned. If Dragic and Singletary cope well with their backup roles I think it would be good to rest Nash more in games where possible and subsequently give Dragic and Singletary more experience minutes.

theimortalone
08-26-2008, 12:37 AM

I totally agree with you Stat32. I hope that he would better go as a 2 guard not a small forward. We are set there. I see him getting about 5-8 mpg.

rocky4104
08-26-2008, 02:39 AM
I sincerely believe our road to the championship is through the lakers (no disrespect to the Spurs and Celts)

Bynum-Gasol-Odom vs Shaq-Amare-Diaw pretty much cancels each other out

we have a deeper frontline bench now (Hill, Amundson, Rolo) and several defensive players to throw at Kobe (Bell, Hill, Barnes)

stawka
08-26-2008, 02:46 AM
Is anyone more confident this year then last year? I have said it all along and I think now people are starting to realise that it is good to be under the radar. Come Playoff time if the team is healthy, we can definitely roll with the best of 'em - except the Hornets. That's the only team I really cant see us beating

amare#1
08-26-2008, 02:50 AM
Is anyone more confident this year then last year? I have said it all along and I think now people are starting to realise that it is good to be under the radar. Come Playoff time if the team is healthy, we can definitely roll with the best of 'em - except the Hornets. That's the only team I really cant see us beating

I agree with everything you just said... but I have my worries about the Lakers and Rockets.

stawka
08-26-2008, 02:56 AM
Of course, you're allowed to be worried. Even the best of teams worry. No stress. Come Playoff time we should be good

amare#1
08-26-2008, 03:12 AM
Of course, you're allowed to be worried. Even the best of teams worry. No stress. Come Playoff time we should be good

Haha I hope you're right man

STAT32
08-26-2008, 09:54 AM
I definently feel more confident now than I did last year. The difference is, we have depth and we have a coach that is actually going to play that depth.

I'm excited guys.

Rome
08-26-2008, 10:03 AM
^me too bro. Excited to see how everyone plays together. I too am also a little worried about Houston. Tucker at the 2 sounds good now, will like to see him get some minutes and a chance to prove what he brings to the table.

PhxGiant
08-26-2008, 01:29 PM
I like tucker at the 2 since he played in the post in college he should be able to punish most 2 guards down low. I'm much more confident about things than last year. We have the coach we needed, much much deeper, physical hustle players, ACTUAL BACKUPS FOR NASH, a full training camp together. Last year just never felt right to me.

Rome
08-26-2008, 01:53 PM
^ as a suns fan I'm sure a lot of us pretended that everything was gonna work smoothly and they would adjust to shaq right away and be ready for the playoffs. Just didn't turn out that way. But like you said, we have everything we need to be a successful team. Every spot filled perfectly.

We have the whole regular season to figure out our flaws and by playoff time we'll be ready for anything. No excuses.

hrf821
08-26-2008, 01:59 PM
ILast year just never felt right to me.

Agreed. Last season just felt out of sorts. With the moves that have been made it seems like we have a team that can ACTUALLY compete for a title. This team has all the components IMO. Couple decent bigs, stellar playmaker, game changing star and several role players both young and veteran. I just can't wait. Anyone else feel themselves looking for things to do until Oct. 29th?:confused:

PhxGiant
08-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Rome, Yeah i turned the other cheek and gave every reason why we'd do good. But i knew we werent consistent enough and we just werent winning the games we needed to win.

hrf821, Man i'm going crazy waiting for the season to start! and the olympics werent the same without the Suns being represented.

Doesnt the preseason start next month? Or is that early October??

Rome
08-26-2008, 02:24 PM
We just weren't ready as a unit and didn't have the chemistry to beat the spurs.

Pre season begins early October.

hrf821
08-26-2008, 02:29 PM
PhxGiant - agreed. The Olympics didn't get it done for me either. I need some Suns ball. I'm countin days over here.

STAT32
08-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Pre-season starts October 8th, my Birthday. Fitting isn't it?

Willy T Justice
08-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Pre-season starts October 8th, my Birthday. Fitting isn't it?

Sounds like you are going to have some celebration on your hands.

STAT32
08-26-2008, 08:02 PM
I hope to be watching that game with my family at Stoudemire's in Phoenix.

king4day
08-26-2008, 08:56 PM
PhxGiant - agreed. The Olympics didn't get it done for me either. I need some Suns ball. I'm countin days over here.

I forget where I read it, but there was a sportscaster saying that the thing team USA was missing was STAT. He was gonna be their inside game. Howard doesn't have the ability of STAT inside (god help the league if he ever gets it).

Rome
08-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Sounds like a good way to celebrate Stat, even if it is pre season

STAT32
08-26-2008, 11:34 PM
I know, it'll be fun.