PDA

View Full Version : James Singleton

#1Mavericksfan
08-22-2008, 03:15 AM
I just wanted to know from some Clipper fan about James Singleton because he signed with the Mavs and I don't know anything about him...so do you guys remember him?

krazyclipperfan
08-22-2008, 03:41 AM
He is a good player when given mins. His nickname when he was here was Jumpin James Singleton. He can rebound and is a highlight dunker. He needs to develop his mid range game and he could be a better freethow and three point shooter.

TheBatchelor213
08-22-2008, 04:27 AM
He is a good player when given mins. His nickname when he was here was Jumpin James Singleton. He can rebound and is a highlight dunker. He needs to develop his mid range game and he could be a better freethow and three point shooter.

summed it up pretty good, I dont think he gets much playing time with the Mavs though but good for him on getting signed.

krazyclipperfan
08-22-2008, 04:44 AM
Yeah I liked Singleton when he was here he play a big role off the bench and was very productive for us when he came off the bench.

kylem4711
08-22-2008, 12:02 PM
he was a fan favorite. but didn't stick around because he is just a dunker and high flyer. he is a good spark off of the bench, but can become a liability on the defensive and and also does not have the highest basketball iq

Cracka2HI!
08-22-2008, 02:24 PM
kyle summed it up well. The fans loved him and he was a high energy, but he really had little to no game. He could rebound because of hops and he could guard almost anyone you put him on, he just didn't always do it well. On O he could dunk and knock down an occasional 3 and nothing in between. He could be a good addition to any team, but a team with any kind of depth wouldn't use him very much.

#1Mavericksfan
08-22-2008, 06:43 PM
Thanks guys for telling me about James Singleton...I was thinking he would be kinda like a poor man's James Posey but I guess not...but thanks anyway and good luck this coming season.

clipsedya
08-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Singleton has a huge upside on the boards!! He had some huge rebounding nights with us when he would get minutes. I really was hoping we would sign him since we had his rights earlier in the summer. Good pickup for you guys....he definately brings plenty of energy off of the bench. Not much offensive production, but you already have plenty of that.

For some reason I have been thinking that you guys would fall from the top teams in the West- but now that I think about it, you will have a good year. Kidd will be more comfortable there now and there will be less pressure than there was last year with him coming at the deadline. Good luck! Hope we are up there too!

DES
08-23-2008, 02:39 AM
he had some great blocks though....blocks to remember!

#1Mavericksfan
08-23-2008, 03:31 PM
^That's what like to hear...I want a guys that plays defense on the Mavs.

Cracka2HI!
08-23-2008, 04:16 PM
He's best playing PF in a small lineup. I can see him and Bass being a giving people fits off the bench!

dick butane
08-24-2008, 11:25 PM
^That's what like to hear...I want a guys that plays defense on the Mavs.

So he can feel all alone.... so very, very alone.

#1Mavericksfan
08-25-2008, 03:57 AM
So he can feel all alone.... so very, very alone.

Are you trying to say the Mavs don't play defense?...becasue the last time I checked they were ranked 6th in the NBA for points allowed, please don't confuse the Mavs with Golden State or Phoenix because thoes teams don't play defense at all.

Cracka2HI!
08-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Yea the Mavs play much better D now.

kylem4711
08-25-2008, 07:35 PM
Are you trying to say the Mavs don't play defense?...becasue the last time I checked they were ranked 6th in the NBA for points allowed, please don't confuse the Mavs with Golden State or Phoenix because thoes teams don't play defense at all.

yeah, dont know what he was talking about

dick butane
08-26-2008, 04:28 AM

Sorry, my parents moved to Texas for cheap retirement living. A golf community called Lantana, tucked between Lewisville and Denton TX. While I helped them settle in we took in several Mavs games (Nellie was the coach) and the impression stuck with me. They didn't play defense until Avery turned things around... and I'm sure as long as he keeps patrolling the sidelines the Mavs Defense will be fantast... wait what? Avery is gone...Hmmm. So very alone... so all alone.

Cracka2HI!
08-26-2008, 11:28 AM
^ True it will be interesting to see what the Mavs offer up this year...