PDA

View Full Version : Will Phoenix regret not trading Amare for KG last summer?

JordansBulls
08-21-2008, 11:42 PM
Last summer, their was a lot of talk of the Suns and T-wolves trading Amare for Garnett. However, from the Suns perspective they didn't want to do so as Amare was 25 and KG was 31.
Now in retrospect, was that a bad decision on the Suns part?

Looking back and knowing that KG would have made them even more of a title contender, do they the Suns regret not doing the trade and should they?

Kyben36
08-21-2008, 11:52 PM
If they would have traded for KG, They would not have traded for Shaq, IMO. then there lineup would have been

Nash
Barbosa
Marion
KG
ummmmm..... dont know who

but it wasnt a bad desiscion for the Suns. Amare will probably Have the same stats as KG if he were on a loosing team like the Timberwolves.

x_notorious
08-21-2008, 11:52 PM
IMO, they could have been the possible champions.

Nash
Bell
Marion
Garnett
??

It really doesn't matter who the center is, it could have been Garnett and Diaw at PF, but I think that might have been a too small of a front court. Anyways, the defense on that possible team would have been outstanding. Suns would have kept Marion and with Bell + Garnett there..wow. Offense + Defense. Granted that Amare is a fine young player but look what KG has done to the Celtics. IMO, the Suns should have done this, Nash isn't getting any young and so is Marion. Makes you wonder, but IMO, this team would have been a title contender, without a doubt.

phillyphan4ever
08-21-2008, 11:53 PM
same result, so no

Jay22Redd
08-21-2008, 11:58 PM
No not at all

DopieB
08-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Why would they? Amare is younger and starting to come into his own? He will only get better, KG is past his prime, he's not old, he's just shown everything he has, give Amare another year and he will be the best in the west

Raidaz4Life
08-21-2008, 11:59 PM
no way Amare is turning into a beast....

avsman05
08-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Amare can hold his own not as good defensively though well see which way the suns go this year if they do run and gun no, but if they do half court offense then yes.

superkegger
08-22-2008, 12:08 AM
i thought it was going to be that three way trade and it was atlanta who nixed the trade, not the suns....

*Superman*
08-22-2008, 12:11 AM
Amare's age is the big key, and i don't think the Suns would have won a Ring with him anyways.

goku
08-22-2008, 12:17 AM
amare is younger

PurpleJesus
08-22-2008, 12:27 AM
I thought most of the rumors surrounding KG and Phoenix revolved around Marion.

downsos
08-22-2008, 12:28 AM
They should've cuz Amare is going to leave once he's a free agent anyways.

PurpleJesus
08-22-2008, 12:29 AM
And when I thought KG was going to Phoenix, I was really excited to see him run in that offense with Nash passing to him, man that would have been great, he also may have been able to get Phoenix to play D. Winning a championship with Phoenix would have been way better than winning it for the generic Boston Celtics.

Lone Maverick
08-22-2008, 12:54 AM
Amare might be just coming into his prime and KG is past his prime but there really is no telling how long Nash will play at a high level, which is a big key imo. Nash doesn't have the luxury of time being on his side. Amare is not in the same league as KG as far as defense goes, scoring hands down but not defense.

Not to mention the potential lineup of
Nash
Bell
Marion
KG
Diaw

Or
Nash
Bell
Hill
Marion
KG

IversonIsKrazy
08-22-2008, 01:06 AM
would have had the same result in my opnion.

Lakersfan2483
08-22-2008, 01:14 AM
No, I would not have done that trade, Amare has a lot of yrs. ahead of him, Garnett is much older. Amare has not reached his prime.

ARMIN12NBA
08-22-2008, 02:41 AM
No, not at all. Amare is very young and has a bright future ahead of him. Although I heard last year that they could've traded Marion and fillers for Garnett. If I were the Suns, I would definitely regret not completing that trade. Garnett is much better than Shaq.

barreleffact
08-22-2008, 02:50 AM
i voted no but sum have convinced me to wonder. will they regret it? no. but considering nash's age and the ages of marion and others, it would have been a better move to try to win now.the defense KG brings and his unselfishness would have made it worth losing amare, and considering they traded marion for shaq, marion for KG would have been ok too. age and how good amare is made me say they wont regret it, but amare might leave anyway after his contract and then what?

theimortalone
08-22-2008, 04:17 AM
Hell no! STAT is the future and the present of this organization! I would much rather have Amare then Garnett. We wouldnt have won even with KG. It just isnt logical. We would have been in the same boat with KG then we would be with STAT.

theimortalone
08-22-2008, 04:20 AM
No, not at all. Amare is very young and has a bright future ahead of him. Although I heard last year that they could've traded Marion and fillers for Garnett. If I were the Suns, I would definitely regret not completing that trade. Garnett is much better than Shaq.

Agreed! If Phoenix would have been able to pull off that deal, they would have been the NBA Champs. No one in the west would have been able to stop them. When I heard about that rumor I was like holy ****! :speechless: then when it did not go through I wanted to cry :cry: Shawn Marion ****ed up that trade!!

Storch
08-22-2008, 04:49 AM
Nah, Amare's a beast. They should regret acquiring shaq. They coulda traded marion for much better younger talent.

Boozerguy47
08-22-2008, 05:04 AM
Amare is a freak, no way they'll regret it.

robdizzle3
08-22-2008, 05:15 AM
Amare is a beast and now he will get a full year at PF so I dont think it was a good idea not to trade him

TMAC94
08-22-2008, 06:47 AM
dude, no

marques724
08-22-2008, 10:07 AM
If you put KG in place of Amare I still think they wouldn't have came out of the west, but if Marion didn't hold up the trade that would have swap him with KG then maybe they get past the lakers and spurs. But clearly Boston wouldn't have been champs and the western conference champ would have been NBA champs.

PhxGiant
08-22-2008, 10:51 AM
Nope.

BowDown32
08-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Hell no. Most people have said what I would have anyways. Amare is coming into his own. He is a first-team All NBA guy and will be for a few years. KG is gettin up there and in 3 years they would want to trade to get him back.

dick butane
08-22-2008, 12:06 PM
They should've cuz Amare is going to leave once he's a free agent anyways.

It is real hard to be a max player and leave the team that has your Bird rights. Noone can offer as many years or as much money as the Suns.