PDA

View Full Version : Greg Oden and Kevin Durant's (Ceiling) - How good they can be?

JordansBulls
08-21-2008, 11:33 PM
After 1 year, what do you think of Kevin Durant's and Greg Oden's ceiling?

Kevin Durant's (Ceiling) = T-Mac/Dirk
Greg Oden's (Ceiling) = David Robinson/Bill Russell

Kevin Durant Comparison (http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/kevindurant.html)
NBA Comparison: Dirk Nowitzki/Tracy McGrady

Greg Oden Comparison (http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/gregoden.html)
NBA Comparison: David Robinson/Bill Russell

Who will be closer to meeting there ceiling?

Jay22Redd
08-21-2008, 11:57 PM
Both have the potential of meeting their ceiling

Kyben36
08-22-2008, 12:04 AM
I dont beleive in Ceilings. IF they work and work they can reach the STARS.

Beno7500
08-22-2008, 12:51 AM
They should be compared to Kevin Durant and Greg Oden.

IversonIsKrazy
08-22-2008, 01:07 AM
durrant. hes going to b amazing.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-22-2008, 01:18 AM
Greg Oden, Nightmare Scenario , Benoit Benjamin

Greg Oden, Fair Scenario, Dikembe Mutombo

Greg Oden, great Scenario, Bill Russell

Greg Oden Perfect Scenario GREG ODEN the FIRST.

Kevin Durant Nightmare = Harold Miner

Kevin Durant Fair = Pippen

Kevin Durant Great = M J

Kevin Durant best KEVIN DURANT the FIRST

SwaggaIke
08-22-2008, 02:45 AM
I think Kevin Durant has the potential to be the best player in the league at some point in his career. Barring injury he will be a multiple time scoring champion. Just wait until he fills out his frame. His skills for his height are amazing. And when he does fill out his frame and dedicates himself to defense his length will allow him to be a possible 1st team all defensive performer. Durant really has a high ceiling.

phils07
08-22-2008, 03:29 AM
Greg Oden will win championships. Kevin Durant will win scoring titles.

Greg Oden is a beast already. he hasnt even played yet and that sucks. but im still getting my hopes up. he is giong to struggle condition wise for 2 months or so, but eventually its over. hes gona average 14 and 9 and 3 blocks in his first year. believe it or not i compare his offensive game to Shaq. he dunks literally everything. he doesnt want to be one of those offensively smooth centers that can roll out to 18 feet and hit a J (although i think he'll have a reliable 12-14 footer). to quote channing frye, "he favors dunking on your head, thats what he favors." so IMO he will eventually be as intimidating offensively as he is defensively. on the defensive end he plays like Bill Russell. Block city. but he wont always block someone as hard as he can or into the stand. he'll guide the block to an open area that might lead a fast break or simply a change of possession. His Defensive impact is why i think his ceiling, depending upon the defintion, is higher than durants. for all intents and purposes, Big Men win championships. and hes coming into a team thats young and amazingly stacked with talent. Insane is the potential result.

Kevin Durant is really good already. he shot a higher percentage than LeBron's rookie season. He started understanding, at age 19, that efficiency is the name of the game and basically didnt shoot threes over the last 2 months. as he gets used to the NBA 3 point line, combined with an ability to absorb contact over 82 games, its over. i think he'll one day average over 30 points a game, and thats being modest. we have to hope that Russell Westbrook turns into a star in order to possibly see OKC getting some wins. theyre gona struggle again this year, but that will lead to yet another high pick, and maybe some free agent signings since the owner is from OKC i believe. he'll want to invest.

i love both players and think theyll be in many all star games and eventually on to the Hall of Fame. But only one of them will have multiple rings.

yojoe792
08-22-2008, 03:52 AM
Greg Oden, Nightmare Scenario , Benoit Benjamin

Greg Oden, Fair Scenario, Dikembe Mutombo

Greg Oden, great Scenario, Bill Russell

Greg Oden Perfect Scenario GREG ODEN the FIRST.

Kevin Durant Nightmare = Harold Miner

Kevin Durant Fair = Pippen

Kevin Durant Great = M J

Kevin Durant best KEVIN DURANT the FIRST

There will never be another Michael, and if there is, it is not Kevin Durant.

Greg Oden = Cross between Al Jefferson and Dwight Howard (best case scenario, don't think that'll happen)

Kevin Durant = Better Carmelo Anthony (best case scenario)

KiNgSuNs1
08-22-2008, 04:08 AM
its going to be hard for oden to score alot because hes going to have alot of really good centers guarding him and like the person up there said that he only wants to shove them down and every center knowing that will meet him at the top...everytime because he going to be one dimensional...

Lakersfan2483
08-22-2008, 04:13 AM
Greg Oden has a chance to be really special for a long time, he's a throwback center, reminds me of Patrick Ewing.

Kevin Durant is a good scorer and has the ability to perform in the clutch, he will have a good career, he will be an all-star for sure.

The bigger upside has to go to Oden, he can go down as one of the great centers if he works hard, has the right attitude and performs in the clutch. I think he will do all of the following mentioned above, I hope he stays healthy.

$ NyC $
08-22-2008, 04:59 AM
i think they'll both definitely be all-stars...

Oden is already HUGE and is already a beast on defense...after he works on his offensive game watch out..

Durant is already a great offensive player and his size/length can turn him into one of the most versatile players...only problem is the kid is really really skinny...he's 6'10 so if he could get himself to 230 that would b great...i think overall his stats could be better than Oden's due to his versatility..
Oden can average around 24 ppg 13 rpg 2 aspg 3 bpg 1.2 spg
But Durant can average 31 ppg 8 rpg 5 aspg 2 bpg 2 spg...

what would yu rather have?

SwaggaIke
08-22-2008, 12:28 PM
I can't really speak on Oden because we have no NBA games to base it off of. We've all seen Durant at least once.