PDA

View Full Version : How good can the raptors be?

lukeem21
08-21-2008, 08:08 PM
So much of this season is leaning on jermaine oneal, personally i think it is very possible (25% chance) that oneal can regain is form from 2 years ago...

If that happens how good are the raptors (if they can avoid any serious injuries)

Would a 30 year old Oneal regaining his MVP contending form, or even just all star form and a Bosh in his prime be better then the David Robinson, Tim Duncan combination??? Robinson was a lot older then Oneal and Duncan was a lot less experienced then Bosh when they were together.

Jose Calderon - Avery Johnson ?
Anthony Parker - Mario Ellie ?
Jamrio Moon - Sean Elliot ?

Steve Kerr, Jerome Kersey, Malik Rose, Antonio daniels

Jason Kapono, Andreas bargnani, Kris Humpries, Will Solomon/ Roko Ukic

not sure what i think about the comparison yet to be honest but i think its an interestingly similiar team

Tom Stone
08-21-2008, 08:42 PM
So much of this season is leaning on jermaine oneal, personally i think it is very possible (25% chance) that oneal can regain is form from 2 years ago...

If that happens how good are the raptors (if they can avoid any serious injuries)

Would a 30 year old Oneal regaining his MVP contending form, or even just all star form and a Bosh in his prime be better then the David Robinson, Tim Duncan combination??? Robinson was a lot older then Oneal and Duncan was a lot less experienced then Bosh when they were together.

Jose Calderon - Avery Johnson ?
Anthony Parker - Mario Ellie ?
Jamrio Moon - Sean Elliot ?

Steve Kerr, Jerome Kersey, Malik Rose, Antonio daniels

Jason Kapono, Andreas bargnani, Kris Humpries, Will Solomon/ Roko Ukic

not sure what i think about the comparison yet to be honest but i think its an interestingly similiar team

If everthing goes our way, I see us at the 1 or 2 in the East, and big things in playoffs....I like the thought of the NEW TWIN TOWERS!:mad:

lovingTO
08-21-2008, 08:47 PM
The chances of the raptors being THAT good are the same as everything going wrong and the raptors finishing in the bottem of the conference(which I dont think are very good).

Lundbelievable
08-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Depends if JO stays healthy and can play at least at 50% of what he once was... if he is like JO of old, I think the Raps will win 47-53 games. If not(or if he gets hurt), 37-44.

The Wise 1
08-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Even with all the best case scenarios going for us, it still wouldnt surprise me if we finished 4th or 5th.

I dont think the Spurs comparison is very good either. Considering both our bigs are more finesse on the offensive side and one of our bigs cant even be mentioned in the same breath with the other 3 when it comes to D. I wont even bring up Moon and Parker but I will say that there is no way any team is wining a Championship with those 2 as starters.

ramz.n
08-21-2008, 09:24 PM
you can't compare that spur's team to the raptors, the spurs were way better defensively and we all know d will win us games.

The Claw
08-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Yes, the idea of the Twin towers is nice.

But to compare the entire team with the Championship Spurs is laughable(no offense to you)

First reason is Coaching, that spurs team has Popovich whie the Raptors have Sam Mitchell --- no further explanation is needed. :)

ShaunRiching9
08-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Toronto Got another CN tower

Top 5 froncourt in the league now

rapswin98
08-22-2008, 01:16 AM
First reason is Coaching, that spurs team has Popovich whie the Raptors have Sam Mitchell --- no further explanation is needed. yea that is one reason. sam mitchell needs more experience before he can be considered an elite coach

lukeem21
08-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Oneal was an mvp contender 3 years ago... if he regains that and bosh improves his D this year, which seems to be his main focus then they will be far ahead of of duncan and robinson (at that time in their careers)

Thats if everything goes right... if it does then i think we are the offensive version of the championship spurs... they were a stronger on D we would be stronger on O

i still dont think they measure up to the spurs.. but the potential is there to be great and top 2 in the east if oneal regains form and to think that that is impossible is just ignorant... i admit that it is not likely but it is very possible

_Sn1P3r_
08-22-2008, 09:43 PM
You said very possible then believed it was only 25%?

Anyways, Raptors can be really good. We were missing a defensive presence down low, another good rebounder (Moon ended up being second in the team for RPG), etc. O'Neal knows his role on the team so they should pretty much gel on the floor. And with two offensive threats in out big men, it opens up the perimeter for our shooters.

ramz.n
08-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Oneal was an mvp contender 3 years ago... if he regains that and bosh improves his D this year, which seems to be his main focus then they will be far ahead of of duncan and robinson (at that time in their careers)

Thats if everything goes right... if it does then i think we are the offensive version of the championship spurs... they were a stronger on D we would be stronger on O

i still dont think they measure up to the spurs.. but the potential is there to be great and top 2 in the east if oneal regains form and to think that that is impossible is just ignorant... i admit that it is not likely but it is very possible

Duncan and Robinson were amazing on defense..i just cant imagine Bosh and O'neal being that dominant...but it would be nice to see the raptors win a championship and seeing O'neal retire 2 years from now just like when Robinson won his championship and retired:clap:

lukeem21
08-23-2008, 08:18 PM
You said very possible then believed it was only 25%?

yes i did.... a 1 in 4 chance is very POSSIBLE