PDA

View Full Version : Raptors, Magic, Sixers, Blazers or Bulls. Who has the brighter future for 3-5 yrs

JordansBulls
08-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Which of these 5 teams has the brigther future. Let's say for the next 3-5 years.

Raptors
PG Jose Calderon
SG Anthony Parker ??
SF Andrea Bargnani
PF Chris Bosh
C Jermaine O'neal

Magic
PG Nelson
SG Pietrus
SF Hedo
PF Lewis
C Dwight

Sixers
PG Miller
SG Iggy
SF Young
PF Brand
C Dalembert

Blazers
PG Bayless
SG Roy
SF Outlaw
PF Aldridge
C Oden

Bulls
PG Derrick Rose
SG Kirk Hinrich (assumming Gordon is gone)
SF Luol Deng
PF Drew Gooden
C Joakim Noah

MiamiHeat
08-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Blazers
PG Bayless
SG Roy
SF Outlaw
PF Aldridge
C Oden

King Koopa
08-21-2008, 04:20 PM
why are the bulls even up there????? They've proved that they cant play under expections. I would go with the Blazers.

SeoulBeatz
08-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Blazers have the best future.

but in the next 3-5 years it could be

either the sixers, raptors, or blazers

because both the sixers and raptors have star players who will still be in their prime in 3-5 years

MiamiHeat
08-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Blazers have the best future.

but in the next 3-5 years it could be

either the sixers, raptors, or blazers

because both the sixers and raptors have star players who will still be in their prime in 3-5 years

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Portland

still1ballin
08-21-2008, 04:51 PM
has to be the blazers

Chicagofaithful
08-21-2008, 04:51 PM
how about the fact that two years ago the bulls had a better record than all of those teams and were in the semi finals of the EC, and havent lost any players since. It's called a down year

*Superman*
08-21-2008, 05:00 PM
how about the fact that two years ago the bulls had a better record than all of those teams and were in the semi finals of the EC, and havent lost any players since. It's called a down year

They didn't make any trades? If the Bulls can get a vote, then so can the Magic.

x_notorious
08-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Blazers, then I would go with Bulls/76ers.

Jay22Redd
08-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Blazers will be unbelievable in the future.

The Melky Way
08-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Blazers hands down because they will have some contracts coming off the books in the next 2 seasons and always seem to make some nice draft day moves.

The Magic are financially screwed by the Lewis contract and Hedo expiring after this season, they are basically stuck with using the MLE and drafting well (which typically we don't do unless its the first overall pick).

The Bulls and Raptors are going to be a solid teams, but future wise they are in the same situation as the Magic, because financially they don't have a lot of flexibility, especially for the Raptors who will have to lock down Bosh.

The 76ers are more of a win now team more than anything, the future looks bring with Igoudala and Thad Young, but they are definitely a team that is going to push in the playoffs.

bogdanrom
08-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Definitely Portland. They have talent at every postion. PG Bayless, SG Roy, SF Outlaw, PF Aldrige, C Oden.

mrblisterdundee
08-21-2008, 05:19 PM
The Blazers will be the brightest overall in 3-5 years. Their talent is the most spread out of any teams mentioned in this thread. This should be unanimous.

Vidball
08-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Blazers...they are deep, athletic, have cap space, and have stock-piled draft picks. They will still have a hard time even making it to the WCF any time soon though.

KingsMadness44
08-21-2008, 05:46 PM
y arent the kings up there and the bulls are the kings have just as much potential on there team then most other teams

Heatcheck
08-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Probably the Blazers. especially with bayless, having a playmaker like that with roy and all those young athletic big men is an asset. plus they wont qualify for big money for a while, so if they can put up with the tax, they can sign a few big names.

As for the bulls, its not a down year, your players just plateued. Hinrich wont get much better, Gordon's a streaky, one dimensional player, and he's gone either way. Tyrus Thomas is an athletic bust. Nocioni is a foreigner, so you can't count on him to put anything on his shoulders. and the Crap list goes on. You got one thing going for you, Deng, and thats it.

I feel real bad for derrick rose.

Ph1lly Diehard
08-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Blazers.. Take them out and then it is a topic we can accually debate on.

BADizzleBoY
08-21-2008, 06:00 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

maybe if you knew about the nba, youd know he was talking about Iguodala, Williams, Young. Dumb***.

PhxGiant
08-21-2008, 06:03 PM
The Blazers as long as Oden lives up to the hype. They are deep,talented, and young from top to bottom.

cheesesteak121
08-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Blazers hands down because they will have some contracts coming off the books in the next 2 seasons and always seem to make some nice draft day moves.

The Magic are financially screwed by the Lewis contract and Hedo expiring after this season, they are basically stuck with using the MLE and drafting well (which typically we don't do unless its the first overall pick).

The Bulls and Raptors are going to be a solid teams, but future wise they are in the same situation as the Magic, because financially they don't have a lot of flexibility, especially for the Raptors who will have to lock down Bosh.

The 76ers are more of a win now team more than anything, the future looks bring with Igoudala and Thad Young, but they are definitely a team that is going to push in the playoffs.

and lou williams and mareese speights (who looked great in summer league),

King Koopa
08-21-2008, 06:14 PM

maybe if you knew about the nba, youd know he was talking about Iguodala, Williams, Young. Dumb***.

THose players arent Stars noob, so maybe you should be the one to shut your mouth. :mad:

BADizzleBoY
08-21-2008, 06:21 PM
THose players arent Stars noob, so maybe you should be the one to shut your mouth. :mad:

1. Respect my authority.
2. You joined in May, who cares what you think.
3. He was referring to those three players,
4. You cant call someone with almost 3,000 post then you a noob, noobert.

Philly4life84
08-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Blazers but Sixers will have the best season this year

barbjake
08-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Probably the Blazers. especially with bayless, having a playmaker like that with roy and all those young athletic big men is an asset. plus they wont qualify for big money for a while, so if they can put up with the tax, they can sign a few big names.

As for the bulls, its not a down year, your players just plateued. Hinrich wont get much better, Gordon's a streaky, one dimensional player, and he's gone either way. Tyrus Thomas is an athletic bust. Nocioni is a foreigner, so you can't count on him to put anything on his shoulders. and the Crap list goes on. You got one thing going for you, Deng, and thats it.

I feel real bad for derrick rose.

The word is plateaued, and if it were a plateau, they would have stayed at the same level, instead of dropping off significantly. Stop using words that you can't spell, or understand.
That being said, the Bulls aren't counting on Hinrich getting much better, they are counting on him returning to his form from the year before last... which is pretty good. Gordon is gone, but that trade will return at least a descent player. And I think the one thing you can put on a "foreigners" shoulders, is hustle, excitement, and a good perimeter shot off the bench. No one will argue Nocioni provides those things, and more. We will finally see what Thomas and Noah can bring this season, how about we judge again a couple of weeks into the season?
Derrick Rose is in a pretty good spot.

AgentViet
08-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Blazers easily.

#1Mavericksfan
08-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Blazers

Honorable Mention
Sixers

_Sn1P3r_
08-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Blazers and Sixers a close second.

theimortalone
08-21-2008, 08:32 PM
The blazers for sure! That team is gonna be so damn good within the next couple of years!

dannyking18
08-21-2008, 08:38 PM
kobe-4-5 yrs left
gasol-5-6 yrs left
bynum-barely is 20
farmer-
ariza-
sasha-

MiamiHeat
08-21-2008, 08:43 PM

:laugh: does arent superstars not even allstars
noob oh you i said it

BRADfromOZ
08-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Has to be Portland. they have so much good young talent right now that its scary.

Kyben36
08-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Probably the Bulls or Blazers. They have the Young teams out of goups

Brand will be old in 3 years

Howard will be realy aging becasue he is a big in the League.

and Oneal will be pretty much DEAD by 3 years

But By the Way, Portlands in the West. Thats a much harder area to win.

mamba24
08-21-2008, 08:53 PM
its weird how no one ever puts the lakers in the threads about being a young team with a bright future... werent they the 2nd or 3rd youngest team in the league? i think their future for the next 3-5 years seems pretty bright... i am homer but still... of the teams listed i would say the blazers... i think the lakers will win more than the blazers over the next 3-5 yrs tho...

Lundbelievable
08-21-2008, 08:56 PM
1. Respect my authority.
2. You joined in May, who cares what you think.
3. He was referring to those three players,
4. You cant call someone with almost 3,000 post then you a noob, noobert.

Dude, ur a loser... maybe he/she didnt hear of this site until May... and u have posted like wat, like almost 4,000 bulletins? Get a life. You kno how much time you've wasted? Go to work man damn, go to school, do something. And another thing, if Stephen A. Smith joined this forum rite now, he would know more than all of us. So the # of posts has NOTHING to do with how knowledgeable a person is about sports. I bet I kno more about the NBA than you. Ur talking about respecting authority. What the hell?? What if he is a lawyer or a doctor, and ur a garbage man or bum? Authority??? Get the hell outta here. You get no prize on this site fool. *******s like you make the world a horrible place to live.

raptors_516
08-21-2008, 09:05 PM
definitely the blazers and then the bulls

97'bulls
08-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Championship is goin back where it belongs which is in Grant Park

superkegger
08-21-2008, 09:23 PM
No doubt its portland. No doubt.
They finish 41-41 in the tightest conference race every, and that was with Joel Pryzbilla starting.

That aside, on their team this year, they don't have even one guy who is 30 other than Raef. But that aside, their top 10 guys, Oden, Aldridge, outlaw, webster, roy, fernandez, bayless, rodriguez, batum, and frye; Frye is the oldest at an ancient 25. They have so much talent and they will have significant cap space as well. They without a doubt have the brightest future.

Rome
08-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Blazers without a question young young talent. They'll be on top in 3 years. Well close anyway. Look out for bayless in 2. Their team is just stacked.

SeoulBeatz
08-21-2008, 09:39 PM
its weird how no one ever puts the lakers in the threads about being a young team with a bright future... werent they the 2nd or 3rd youngest team in the league? i think their future for the next 3-5 years seems pretty bright... i am homer but still... of the teams listed i would say the blazers... i think the lakers will win more than the blazers over the next 3-5 yrs tho...

lol its fine to be a homer.

but from an outsider looking in, you only have 2 young players worth mentioning.

Bynum and Farmar, so no way the Lakers shoul be included on this list... at all.

u could mention coby karl, joe crawford, and trevor ariza.

but every other team in the NBA can name 3 young benchwarmers on their team too

Tha Truth
08-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Blazers no question.

The Riot
08-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Dude, ur a loser... maybe he/she didnt hear of this site until May... and u have posted like wat, like almost 4,000 bulletins? Get a life. You kno how much time you've wasted? Go to work man damn, go to school, do something. And another thing, if Stephen A. Smith joined this forum rite now, he would know more than all of us. So the # of posts has NOTHING to do with how knowledgeable a person is about sports. I bet I kno more about the NBA than you. Ur talking about respecting authority. What the hell?? What if he is a lawyer or a doctor, and ur a garbage man or bum? Authority??? Get the hell outta here. You get no prize on this site fool. *******s like you make the world a horrible place to live.

:clap:

Nets fan 93
08-21-2008, 10:13 PM
you put raps old lineup but not the nets.

Harris, CDR, Anderson, Williams,Yi, Boone,Lopez

:pity:

phillyphan4ever
08-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Blazers then Sixers

*Superman*
08-21-2008, 10:17 PM

OWNED!:speechless:

phillyphan4ever
08-21-2008, 10:18 PM
:laugh: does arent superstars not even allstars
noob oh you i said it

am i the only 1 who doesnt understand what he just said? :rolleyes:

*Superman*
08-21-2008, 10:21 PM
^No, I don't either. What a noob.:laugh2:

JMG15
08-21-2008, 11:16 PM
Blazers hands down. I just don't personally like Outlaw really. If they drafted a SF in next years draft I think their future would be a lot brighter. But even with Outlaw, they could still be great..

phillyphan4ever
08-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Martell Webster is better than Outlaw isnt he?

29$JerZ
08-21-2008, 11:21 PM
It's Portland obviouslly, 40 win team gaining Pg's and Oden.
Very youthful and they hae a good young future in Bayless/Fernandez/Roy/Outlaw/LaMarcus/Oden

fredv
08-22-2008, 06:26 AM
Just look at the blazers lineup! THEY ARE GOING TO DOMINATE!

lakerboy
08-22-2008, 07:36 AM
In the next three years, Blazers probably would struggle to be a playoff contender. Sixers, on the other hand, could be championship contenders

Nexus
08-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Can you think of any team in the history of the NBA that had as many skilled, yet unproven, players at one time. The way I see it, Portland gets a championship in the next five years even WITH a bust or two.

BADizzleBoY
08-22-2008, 08:07 AM

Your talking about me not having a life, and then you write a memoir about stephen a smith, how you know more about the nba then me, and how I should get the hell outta here.

Mr. Grumpy Gills

innovator
08-22-2008, 09:09 AM
blazers, bulls will suck cuz rose is a bust

BowDown32
08-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Blazers, no questions asked.

midwestmadman
08-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Well not that the Blazers need any more votes, I will still say the Blazers because that is the right answer. I will however say that the Orlando Magic with Dwight Howard is always going to have a bright future, I like Jameer Nelson but they do need to get a true point guard soon........

marques724
08-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Portland has a bunch of young talent, draft picks, and an owner who is willing to spend.

dick butane
08-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Orlando will be a draw for 2010 free agents. To play with Dwight in a state tax free state. Sounds good to me.

Beno7500
08-22-2008, 12:34 PM
Kings

PG Udrih/Brown
SG Martin/Douby
SF Garcia/Greene
PF Thompson
C Hawes

eric1501
08-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Ummmm why not the Twolves?

PG Foye/Telfair
SG Miller/McCants
SF Brewer/Gomes/Rodney Carney
PF K-Love/Craig Smith
C Al Jeff

Everyone I just said is under 25 except Mike Miller. Can you say future?:cool:

BADizzleBoY
08-22-2008, 01:55 PM
maybe, but, who are the timberwolves? :D

Cavs_Fan24
08-22-2008, 02:14 PM
its the blazers, easy

eric1501
08-22-2008, 02:49 PM
maybe, but, who are the timberwolves? :D

I know you were just messing around but they are a team that will be good in 2 years, 3 years for sure. And that is what this subject is about. Actually gives a time frame of 3-5 years. So we should really be in this discussion. Blazers are easily hands down the favorite. But teams like the Magic, Raptors, and Bulls should not be on this list. Maybe the Bulls.

Tom81
08-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Orlando Magic
Portland Trailblazers

haris23
08-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Blazers.

IndiansFan337
08-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Magic & Raptors over the next 3 years.

The Blazers over a 5 year period. The Blazers are VERY young, regardless of their high talent level. A few veterans would help them out quite a bit, especially after losing James Jones. They should have signed Devin Brown, IMO.

BADizzleBoY
08-22-2008, 03:40 PM
no love for the sixers

Lundbelievable
08-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Your talking about me not having a life, and then you write a memoir about stephen a smith, how you know more about the nba then me, and how I should get the hell outta here.

Mr. Grumpy Gills

See? My point Xactly. Instead of posting the 3,800+ posts u have, maybe u shud take the time out to read more. Its obvious you don't know the meaning of the word "memoir". One sentence is not a memoir, smart one(and if you were trying to be sarcastic(which I bet you weren't) then CONGRATULATIONS! Ur not funny either). Why don't u grab a dictionary so you won't make a fool of yourself when you talk to someone in person.

And when I say get the hell outta here, I'm referring to the insulting way in which you talk to other ppl in this forum. What the hell is your problem? Don't talk to ppl as if your their father. Thats what a jerk does(hmm.. maybe thats bc you are one...)

yaowowrocket11
08-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Blazers have a stellar future, and will compete every year starting this season, and for about 8 years or more.

DopieB
08-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Blazers, great depth and the kids can play