PDA

View Full Version : Should Gaborik not sign an extension....

messleetch94
08-21-2008, 04:14 PM
A light bulb just went off in my head. Lets free a whole lot of cap space to trade for Gaborik. Minnesota will not be able to resign him if he hits the market, that's if he doesn't sign an extension. He's young and he just played his first full season. He's a potential 50 goal scorer.

letsgorangers27
08-21-2008, 09:12 PM
we'll have to clear alot of $$$$. plus we have alot of rfas this upcoming and following offseason. but i'd want him but it doesnt look fiscally possible

messleetch94
08-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Should our offense struggle midway, lets get him at a rental player, as Pit did with Hossa. It would take a lot of moves, but it isn't impossible. We are not in a rebuilding stage (that was the 8 yr playoff drought). I think Slats wants to win now, so it couldn't hurt. even if it's for the last half of the season. If they could pull it off, i really wouldn't care if they resigned him. They would re-sign Zherdev cause he would be cheaper. (Gaborik is making about US 7.5 mil.) So he could command Crosby and Malkin money.

ShaunRiching9
08-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Trade Zherdev and gomez For Gabs and a 1st

SLY WILLIAMS
08-22-2008, 06:13 PM
He sure would be an exciting player to get. It would almost be like having Bure back healthy

messleetch94
08-23-2008, 12:39 AM
Trade Zherdev and gomez For Gabs and a 1st

Zherdev ain't going anywhere. They were coveting him for the longest time. I wan't to see him play in open ice.