PDA

View Full Version : Wakefield getting back to the rotation soon?

RedSoxtober
08-21-2008, 09:13 AM
It appears Tim Wakefield will need just one more side session before returning from the disabled list. The knuckleballer threw 44 pitches yesterday, and the plan is for him to throw another side session Saturday.

There is no scheduled date for him to pitch in a game, given the multiple factors (days off, Beckett's health) that could affect when he next sees action. There is room to "maneuver this and manipulate it," Francona said. Francona said he wouldn't rule Wakefield out for the series in New York, but also said the team does not want to rush him back from right shoulder problems.

Source: Boston Globe

Just a hunch but it looks remarkably like the Sox lined up Wake's side session with Clay's last start. I will not be shocked to see him take the spot in the rotation the next time it pops up. In the mean time we'll probably get another look at Smith in the BP given the number of innings the relievers have thrown.

Tragedy
08-21-2008, 10:06 AM
We need Wakefield back.

He has, to this point, had a very, very good season. He usually is very hot/cold, but it's mostly been hot this year. he'd be a huge lift to the rotation to get him back before September.

futureheisman
08-21-2008, 11:30 AM
hope so

Brooke
08-21-2008, 12:14 PM
I hope he comes back soon, we need him back

coltsfan11
08-21-2008, 04:00 PM
I think he'll be back soon. I think it will help the Red Sox and maybe even give them a better chance at running down the Rays although I think it's more likely that they get the wildcard.

yaowowrocket11
08-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Would definitely be a big boost to the team. I'll be hoping for it to be true very soon.