PDA

View Full Version : What team benefits the most in getting Ben Gordon?

rico
08-21-2008, 03:05 AM
Just wanted everyones opinion on what team actually has a NEED for a guy like ben gordon on their team.

and if you want to - you can post who they could give up (worthwhile) for him.

Rockets Fanatic
08-21-2008, 03:07 AM
toronto

Chronz
08-21-2008, 04:17 AM
The Sixers, Clippers. The Sixers need shooting in the worst ways, and Andre fits the bill of being the Big PG to pair with Gordon. Clippers need a SG who can produce it remains to be seen if Eric, Mobley or Ricky can produce the way they need to make the playoffs.

But pretty much any team could benefit from having him, but these teams really need a 2.

J-Relo
08-21-2008, 04:29 AM
Sixers:

C: Dalembert
PF:Brand
SF:Iguodala
SG:Gordon
PG:Miller

looks good... :)

SeoulBeatz
08-21-2008, 04:51 AM
The Sixers would be a good fit but Gordon would have to come off the bench because Thaddeus Young is now starting at SF paired with Iguodala at SG

The sixers wouldnt trade Andre Miller, Iggy, Thaddeus Young, Marreese Speights, or Lou Williams.

Unless theyd accept Willie Green, Jason Smith, and a First Round pick it aint happenin.

but a lineup of

PG: Andre Miller/ Lou Williams/ Royal Ivey
SG: Andre Iguodala/ Ben Gordon
SF: Thaddeus Young/ Kareem Rush
PF: Elton Brand/ Reggie Evans/ Marreese Speights
C: Samuel Dalembert/ Theo Ratliff/

looks amazing.

JWalk126
08-21-2008, 05:03 AM
(almost) any European team

rico
08-21-2008, 05:21 AM
seems like a lot of you think 6ers need him the worst so far. too bad they really dont have anything that helps benefits chicago, no expirings and they obviously wouldnt deal iggy/brand/miller (for expiring) ;/

LakerzDQ
08-21-2008, 06:25 AM
76ers, indeed. they're the worst shooting team in the NBA, and even with Kareem Rush, they still need more shooting. Ben Gordon will provide a ton of 3-point shooting, and I guess Andre Miller is a good enough defender to switch over to SG on defense.

too bad they don't have any trade assets for him.

jstyles22
08-21-2008, 06:51 AM
the best team is lakers, trade odom, move kobe to the 3,

Knicks845
08-21-2008, 07:51 AM
I think the Celtics, they lost their 6th man last year, and im not sure if they resigned eddie house, who knows what they'd give in return.

JordansBulls
08-21-2008, 08:19 AM
Sixers:

C: Dalembert
PF:Brand
SF:Iguodala
SG:Gordon
PG:Miller

looks good... :)

Sixers or Raptors need that one piece.

pebloemer
08-21-2008, 08:27 AM
I don't think he is a good fit for the Raptors at all. Calderon/Gordon back court looks atrocious on defense.

Ph1lly Diehard
08-21-2008, 09:15 AM
76ers would be a great fit for him. But Chicago isn't going to take garbage for Gordon.

rico
08-21-2008, 09:31 AM
76ers have absolutely NOTHING to deal with really.

Elton Brand (TR) $13,757,844 5
Samuel Dalembert $11,238,564 3
Reggie Evans $4,640,000 3
Willie Green $3,388,000 3
Andre Iguodala -- --
Royal Ivey (TR) $854,957 1
Andre Miller $10,333,334 1
Theo Ratliff -- --
Kareem Rush (TR) $797,581 1
Jason Smith $1,326,360 1
Marreese Speights $1,542,600 2
Louis Williams (TR, BYC) $4,500,000 5
Thaddeus Young $1,968,120 1
76ers Payroll: $59,263,296 Cap Room: $-583,296

only possible thing they could do without dealing brand, miller, iggy

would be to deal dalembert. move brand to center and start reggie evans. he can pull down some boards he averages like 9-10 rebounds in 22 minutes, doesnt score too well though.

not saying dalembert would be best for bulls, the money would work and he would have some kind of trade value. maybe a 3 team trade could work, but he would have to be the piece. 6ers really dont have much depth it looks like.

RapsFan4Life
08-21-2008, 09:31 AM
toronto

no toronto does not need a greedy undersized 2 guard

RapsFan4Life
08-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Sixers or Raptors need that one piece.

raptors have a solid defender who does not take nights of in Anthony Parker... gordon would clash with him, plus raptors do NOT need any more scoring putting up buckets is easy for us we need to work on defense and athletisim which gordon has neither .. chris bosh touches the ball in the clutch .. what is gordon gunna do just sit around the 3 .. he is undersized to drive well and get into the lane .. not a good passer.... if we need someone to shoot JASON !!! we dont need a ben gordon .. get out of here, we wouldnt even give up joey graham for gordon!

midwestmadman
08-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Any team would benefit as long as they don't have to give much of anything up. I think Gordon is really thinking his value is higher than it is. The Bulls aren't going ot get much of anything for him, and they would be crazy to give him anything more than 45M over a 5 year contract. That's 9M a year that is more than he should get IMO. 9M for a 6th man is very generous. He should be more than happy with that it's roughly what 2 - 2.5M more than he gets now?

rico
08-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Any team would benefit as long as they don't have to give much of anything up. I think Gordon is really thinking his value is higher than it is. The Bulls aren't going ot get much of anything for him, and they would be crazy to give him anything more than 45M over a 5 year contract. That's 9M a year that is more than he should get IMO. 9M for a 6th man is very generous. He should be more than happy with that it's roughly what 2 - 2.5M more than he gets now?

i agre ethat hes not worth what he thinks he is, but he is a good player/scorer none the less.

samxeyeam
08-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Nuggets, so Iverson can show his "mini me" how to jack more shots up in different angles...

MiamiHeatWade33
08-21-2008, 01:41 PM
http://http://www.thebesttaxgirl.ca/assets/images/toronto-skyline-photo.gifi hope the raptors get him the city of toronto needs this guy whos seen the toronto skyline its so amazing.

MiamiHeatWade33
08-21-2008, 01:42 PM
http://http://www.thebesttaxgirl.ca/assets/images/toronto-skyline-photo.gif

MiamiHeatWade33
08-21-2008, 01:43 PM
http://http://isbbc.org/images/Toronto%20Skyline.jpg
Toronto Skyline

jgonboricua
08-21-2008, 01:49 PM
anyway bulls could get speights for him?

Jay22Redd
08-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Sixers or Raptors

Seventh King
08-21-2008, 01:55 PM
76ers have absolutely NOTHING to deal with really.

only possible thing they could do without dealing brand, miller, iggy

would be to deal dalembert. move brand to center and start reggie evans. he can pull down some boards he averages like 9-10 rebounds in 22 minutes, doesnt score too well though.

not saying dalembert would be best for bulls, the money would work and he would have some kind of trade value. maybe a 3 team trade could work, but he would have to be the piece. 6ers really dont have much depth it looks like.

It's also hard to see PAx bringing 11 mil and change onto the payroll. Dalambert has 3 years left? Perhaps. 3-team trades are rare, but they can be done . . .I'd just like the Bulls to get something for him.

MTar786
08-21-2008, 03:05 PM
ben gordon is a glorified bobby jackson in his prime.. great 6th man.. but wouldnt be so good as a starter.. to much of a liability on defense.. too small for a shootin guard.. not a good passer so cant really be put at the pg position.. just a great 6th man for quick scoring

superkegger
08-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Read an interesting article regarding this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Why-you-should-take-Ben-Gordon-with-a-grain-;_ylt=Ak1iAA61ZsBsU5TNGPVX7oG8vLYF?urn=nba,101788

So a sign-and-trade would only work if Chicago were given sound players on the last years of their deals, or a young player as compensation for making Ben's life happy (signing him to a big deal instead of just letting him try to find scraps), and those options just aren't out there.

The whole reason Chicago is starting relatively low with their contract offer is because they don't want to pay the luxury tax, so why would they approach the tax or even go over while losing Gordon? Or while keeping some other team's crap beyond 2008-09 when they could just sign Gordon to the QO for one year? There might be some deals out there, but most would add to Chicago's already-crowded power forward line, or hybrid SG/PG group, while handing Ben over to a Conference rival. What's in it for Chicago?

It's not bloody likely. And it's the work of an agent ("Sure thing, Ben, we're working on it. Any day now. Lots of interest. Very likely!") whispering in his client's ear, assuaging his fears in the face of Mssrs. Iggy, Deng, Okafor, and J-Smoove getting theirs.

I don't blame Ben. He's been told things, and his showing off ("It's safe to say ...") is pretty atypical for him. But he doesn't have a lot of options. Or any, really, save for going international, or sitting out the season and making absolutely no money.

Or, he could take the QO, and deal with the same frustrations next year, when even fewer teams have cap flexibility to give him what he thinks he's earned.

Or, he could take a six-year, 59 million dollar deal that seems about right.

This doesn't mean the Bulls aren't being cheap by not going into luxury tax territory. They are. But in this case, these lucky so-and-sos have made it so the absolute maximum offered under the tax is right in line with what a player like Ben should be making. I'm their biggest critic, but they're right.

And Ben? He's just stuck. And flailing.

lakers4sho
08-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Clippers

They're one scorer away from the hunt for the 8th spot in the West.

MiamiHeat
08-21-2008, 03:32 PM
(almost) any European team

:up:

GrkGawdofWalkz
08-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Gordon is an overrated player. He's a 6th man that cannot defend. He's good for one thing come in and get your team on the board. That being said, I don't think he makes any sense for the Sixers. I could see a team like Orlando, with a change of pace PG to Nelson, Boston, etc.

rico
08-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Clippers

They're one scorer away from the hunt for the 8th spot in the West.

clips would be fine. but they made the argument they have eric gordon already almost the same player. but id bef ine with the clips. a deal to land eric gordon and camby for more expierienced ben gordon + someone else would be nice for chicago.

i still don tthink they need 2 dominating centers starting thats just weird.