PDA

View Full Version : If you are the Bulls what do you do?

superkegger
08-21-2008, 12:19 AM
So, its my opinion that the Bulls are sitting pretty.

With Rose, I think it could work a couple ways. He might not be quite ready for the NBA, and he won't be a great rookie, and won't "live up to" being the #1 pick, and he'll go on to be a productive but never great nba poing guard. On the other hand, I like the bulls staff and I think they'll do things right with him and not just heap on the responsibility of leading a team right away and they'll ease him him into it and he'll gradually become at least an all star pg. Either way though, I think he's their PG, and he's going to be their guy.

But then you have your other guards in Hinrich and BG. Now apparently BG is on his way out, but they'll snag something good or at least decent for him.

But Hinrich and Nocioni seem to be odd men out, and should the deadline come around and some teams in the west realize, oh ****, we're not going anywhere with this lineup, we need a shakeup, the bulls can swoop in and get a good deal. The Suns, Mavs, Nuggets, Jazz, clippers, warriors, spurs, are all in a precarious position where they might just realize at the deadline that oh man, is a title really in reach? if its not, then what? rebuild, or at least go in a different direction....

They have a lot of attractive pieces, and should they want to make a deal, they surely can, they don't have to be in a hurry, and they aren't in a position where they have to make a deal.

I don't know what they'll do, but

FreedomReigns
08-21-2008, 12:37 AM
Bulls will be a playoff contender soon if not this year. I really like what their doing with that team.

Kyle N.
08-21-2008, 12:46 AM

With Rose, I think it could work a couple ways. He might not be quite ready for the NBA, and he won't be a great rookie, and won't "live up to" being the #1 pick, and he'll go on to be a productive but never great nba poing guard. On the other hand, I like the bulls staff and I think they'll do things right with him and not just heap on the responsibility of leading a team right away and they'll ease him him into it and he'll gradually become at least an all star pg. Either way though, I think he's their PG, and he's going to be their guy.

But then you have your other guards in Hinrich and BG. Now apparently BG is on his way out, but they'll snag something good or at least decent for him.

But Hinrich and Nocioni seem to be odd men out, and should the deadline come around and some teams in the west realize, oh ****, we're not going anywhere with this lineup, we need a shakeup, the bulls can swoop in and get a good deal. The Suns, Mavs, Nuggets, Jazz, clippers, warriors, spurs, are all in a precarious position where they might just realize at the deadline that oh man, is a title really in reach? if its not, then what? rebuild, or at least go in a different direction....

They have a lot of attractive pieces, and should they want to make a deal, they surely can, they don't have to be in a hurry, and they aren't in a position where they have to make a deal.

I totally get your point here, but it's funny how you say Nuggets, Clippers, and Warriors are wondering if a title is in reach. They won't have to wonder very hard.

Kyben36
08-21-2008, 12:48 AM
Get anything Posible For Ben Gordon.

as for hinrich. I see him at SG and Backup PG.

As for Noch. I hope he gets traded for a Big. But even so I think we are OK

goku
08-21-2008, 12:55 AM
the bulls nedd some big man with wat they have they wont make the playoffs this year but in 2-3 yrs they will be back

FreedomReigns
08-21-2008, 12:58 AM
I believe Boris Diaw would be a great compliment to the Bulls with the system they use. Diaw at center and the Bulls would be explosive.

dre1990
08-21-2008, 01:01 AM
if i were them id trade kirk, drew gooden, and larry hughes for some solid bench players and 1st round picks. then resign ben gordan

there line up woul look like this
PG-Derrek Rose
SG-Ben Gordan
SF-Luol Deng
PF-Andres Nocioni(way Underrated) or tyrus thomas
C-Joakim Noah

they would be a young team with many draft picks and a good picks, maybe 4th seed

rico
08-21-2008, 02:28 AM
if i were them id trade kirk, drew gooden, and larry hughes for some solid bench players and 1st round picks. then resign ben gordan

there line up woul look like this
PG-Derrek Rose
SG-Ben Gordan
SF-Luol Deng
PF-Andres Nocioni(way Underrated) or tyrus thomas
C-Joakim Noah

they would be a young team with many draft picks and a good picks, maybe 4th seed
i actually hope they dont resign ben gordon. not for the amount he wants.

what would be the best would be a chi/phx trade to obtain shaq.

give them gordon, hughes, gooden for shaq & barbosa. they will be instant contenders with shaq at the 5 spot mentoring tt/noah in their post game for 2 years.

lineup

rose/barbosa (6th man)
hinrich/thabo
deng/nocioni
tt/noah
shaq/noah/gray

you would think with the ties between del negro (ex phx office) and kerr (ex bull) we could work something out. in that deal phx gets a decent expiring in hughes, they get ben gordon who they like, and gooden is a solid 12/10 PF who could work well with amare. Amare = suns future. with amare in the low post and gordon getting open looks from the double team, thats a good combo to splash the 3s

JordansBulls
08-21-2008, 08:27 AM

If I'm the Bulls I go all out and try to get Vince Carter or Allen Iverson and then maybe Zach Randolph. I really don't care I just want to see a good team on paper.

Bulls trade Gordon and Hughes for Vince Carter and trade Drew Gooden for Zach Randolph.

Rose/Hinrich
Carter/Thabo
Deng/Nocioni
Randolph/Tyrus
Noah/Gray

I'd take that team no matter what any other Bulls fan says.

NYKnickFanatic
08-21-2008, 08:34 AM
I honestly dont even see the Bulls making the playoffs this year.

Derrick Rose will be a bust too.

Sorry to say.

I hope he wont be, but I dont see him being anything special.

Just a solid starter.

No Deron Williams, or CP3.

Knicks845
08-21-2008, 09:13 AM
I believe Boris Diaw would be a great compliment to the Bulls with the system they use. Diaw at center and the Bulls would be explosive.
Yeah they'd be explosive on offense but on defense,
He can not play the 5. It jus wouldn't wrk, he already has a sf body and he has trouble guarding the 4, how do you expect him to guard Yao,Shaq,Dwight. They're dropping 20,20 on him EASY.

midwestmadman
08-21-2008, 09:37 AM
i actually hope they dont resign ben gordon. not for the amount he wants.

what would be the best would be a chi/phx trade to obtain shaq.

give them gordon, hughes, gooden for shaq & barbosa. they will be instant contenders with shaq at the 5 spot mentoring tt/noah in their post game for 2 years.

lineup

rose/barbosa (6th man)
hinrich/thabo
deng/nocioni
tt/noah
shaq/noah/gray

you would think with the ties between del negro (ex phx office) and kerr (ex bull) we could work something out. in that deal phx gets a decent expiring in hughes, they get ben gordon who they like, and gooden is a solid 12/10 PF who could work well with amare. Amare = suns future. with amare in the low post and gordon getting open looks from the double team, thats a good combo to splash the 3s

I'll admitt I like the idea but I don't Kerr will just let Shaq go, he see's something that we don't and he thinks Shaq can play in the Suns system (even though I don't think he can not with the wear and tear on his body already). They way Shaq plays he would be a very good fit in Chicago I agree. Ties or no ties though I don't expect to see Shaq traded by Kerr just yet.

rico
08-21-2008, 09:46 AM
If I'm the Bulls I go all out and try to get Vince Carter or Allen Iverson and then maybe Zach Randolph. I really don't care I just want to see a good team on paper.

Bulls trade Gordon and Hughes for Vince Carter and trade Drew Gooden for Zach Randolph.

Rose/Hinrich
Carter/Thabo
Deng/Nocioni
Randolph/Tyrus
Noah/Gray

i say no to vince carter and zach. id rather have fat curry than randolph

but im totally on board for iverson. dream trade (for me) would be dealing hughes, gordon, nocioni, gooden,simmons + picks to get AI and Shaq.

WHY? Instanty we are contenders in the east with this move.
we FINALLY get not 1 superstar since jordan left, but 2. we get a dominance down low in shaq and a go to scorer in AI. and still have a decent depth. Not to mention expirings for 09-10 still.

with the exception of hughes + simmons the other 3 players listed are great players. gordon although streaky at times scores over 20 ppg, drops 3 balls, has clutch. gooden is a solid 12/10 PF, and noce is way underrated especially for his contract :)

final bulls roster:

rose/hinrich (however you want it)
ai/thabo
deng/nichols
tt/noah
shaq/noah/gray

retain our great defensive team and helps out a LOT offensively with shaq/ai

ah but im a dreamer i guess. i would probably send gordon & noce to the suns with a pick and hughes, gooden to the nuggets and simmons wherever needed. thats where i see those guys doing best at.

nygiants242
08-21-2008, 09:56 AM

Sorry to say.

Just a solid starter.

lol I wonder if you would have said that if the Knicks would have gotten him.... :eyebrow:

Mile High Champ
08-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Bulls will be a playoff contender soon if not this year. I really like what their doing with that team.

What are they doing? Rose fell to them at number 1. Other than that, they have done nothing so far. Hinrich needs to go and as does Gordon. Noch should be kept, one of the more under-rated players in the league.,

Mile High Champ
08-21-2008, 10:15 AM
i say no to vince carter and zach. id rather have fat curry than randolph

but im totally on board for iverson. dream trade (for me) would be dealing hughes, gordon, nocioni, gooden,simmons + picks to get AI and Shaq.

WHY? Instanty we are contenders in the east with this move.
we FINALLY get not 1 superstar since jordan left, but 2. we get a dominance down low in shaq and a go to scorer in AI. and still have a decent depth. Not to mention expirings for 09-10 still.

with the exception of hughes + simmons the other 3 players listed are great players. gordon although streaky at times scores over 20 ppg, drops 3 balls, has clutch. gooden is a solid 12/10 PF, and noce is way underrated especially for his contract :)

final bulls roster:

rose/hinrich (however you want it)
ai/thabo
deng/nichols
tt/noah
shaq/noah/gray

retain our great defensive team and helps out a LOT offensively with shaq/ai

ah but im a dreamer i guess. i would probably send gordon & noce to the suns with a pick and hughes, gooden to the nuggets and simmons wherever needed. thats where i see those guys doing best at.

The bulls aint going to get Shaq..hahah

Noreaga
08-21-2008, 10:19 AM

Sorry to say.

Just a solid starter.

from a Knicks fan...hahah. at least we have a good point guard...GO STARBURY

rico
08-21-2008, 10:20 AM
What are they doing? Rose fell to them at number 1. Other than that, they have done nothing so far. Hinrich needs to go and as does Gordon. Noch should be kept, one of the more under-rated players in the league.,

we did get REALLY lucky with rose, but we have a really nice young core of players: deng, rose, noah, TT, thabo then we also have noce and hinrich. all have potential to be better players and as you said noce is really underrated.
deng should have his breakout year, its TT's time to show up or be dealt. thabo aftter getting mins improved, noah did the same. rose will struggle a little, but we have hinrich there to help out. 2 -3 more years he will be one of the best pg's in the league i believe.

BowDown32
08-21-2008, 10:26 AM

I agree Mile High Champ. Nocioni is one of those core guys that does so many intagibles. Plays solid D, shoots the three, takes the charge and doesn't demand shots.

On the other hand I think Hinrich should be kept. He is a one of those guys that will be a solid (not great) pg for his career. Years from now teams will be picking him up as a guy I compare to Fisher. He shoots the ball decent and is a smart player. I've watched him since he was at Kansas and maybe I'm a bit biased but he has some game.

Gordon, trade him, he needs to go. He demands the ball way too much and is too small for his position. If they ever get anywhere he will cause trouble for them in the playoffs against bigger guys. Noc or Hinrich could be attached to him for bait to get a better player in return.

BowDown32
08-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Why do so many ppl think Rose will be a bust. He was unbelievable in the NCAA and no one could guard him. Chris Paul came in the league with no jumper and look where he is at now. 2 years in the locker room and practice facility is gonna make Rose that much better. He has a great body and his skill level is through the roof. Don't expect him to come out and kill it, but it took Paul and Williams 2 years so give the kid some time.

rico
08-21-2008, 10:31 AM
The bulls aint going to get Shaq..hahah
thats why i said its a dream :P

and good post above. i agree with you hinrich is a solid combo guard.

rico
08-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Why do so many ppl think Rose will be a bust. He was unbelievable in the NCAA and no one could guard him. Chris Paul came in the league with no jumper and look where he is at now. 2 years in the locker room and practice facility is gonna make Rose that much better. He has a great body and his skill level is through the roof. Don't expect him to come out and kill it, but it took Paul and Williams 2 years so give the kid some time.

you seem to be a pretty intelligent poster. hope to see more of you unt he bulls section.

JordansBulls
08-21-2008, 10:38 AM
What are they doing? Rose fell to them at number 1. Other than that, they have done nothing so far.

totally agree with this. They sign overrated guys to big bucks when they could get stars like Iverson or Carter for a few million more.

IndiansFan337
08-21-2008, 10:50 AM

Rose/Hinrich
Carter/Thabo
Deng/Nocioni
Randolph/Tyrus
Noah/Gray

There's no way that Denver is going to trade AI's $20 million+ expiring contract in a trade centered around Ben Gordon.