PDA

View Full Version : Will Kobe ever win a title not being in the shadow of another player?

CelticsofBoston
08-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Will Kobe ever win a title not being in the shadow of another player?

It's clear he won his titles being the 2nd best player on the team. But he never has won as the best. Guys like Magic, Jordan, Rick Barry and Wade have.

superkegger
08-20-2008, 11:11 PM
how many more posts till this guy gets banned? any guesses?

JordansBulls
08-20-2008, 11:14 PM

Now

superkegger
08-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Now

thats an unfair adavantage for you though. You're a cheater JB. lol

_Sn1P3r_
08-21-2008, 10:25 AM
You closin this thread too?

lakers4sho
08-21-2008, 12:48 PM
I guess not :shrug:

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-21-2008, 12:53 PM
close it plzzzz

The fact about championships is, it takes 2, as in ATLEAST two GREAT players
ex. Kobe/Shaq
ex. Jordan/Pippen

mamba24
08-21-2008, 01:10 PM
close it plzzzz

The fact about championships is, it takes 2, as in ATLEAST two GREAT players
ex. Kobe/Shaq
ex. Jordan/Pippen

this year we'll add kobe and gasol to that list... some times it takes 3... duncan ginobili parker, pierce garnett allen... i really cant think of a team when it was 1 star and 11 role players that won a title...

RapsFan4Life
08-21-2008, 01:14 PM

i dont get it, is this thread not legit .. why is he getting banned

oh and kobe is a great player who really can play well under pressure he has the assets and skill set and work ethic to win being the best player BUT he is not in a position to totally dominate so he will need a second star and i dont thin Pau is good enough, when u have guys like lebron who can just TEAR their oponent .. they will not need another star, just solid roll players

i think kobe WILL NOT WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP unless another superstar goes to the lakers. he will not move teams because no one wants an over paid crybaby

RapsFan4Life
08-21-2008, 01:15 PM
this year we'll add kobe and gasol to that list... some times it takes 3... duncan ginobili parker, pierce garnett allen... i really cant think of a team when it was 1 star and 11 role players that won a title...

kobe gasol will NOT win in all this year, and 1 star 11 role players will be KING JAMES

samxeyeam
08-21-2008, 01:25 PM
I guess everyone forgot how good of a combo of Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen is...

Tha Truth
08-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Sorry all Kobe fans ( I like him too ) but it`s not happening this year.

No championship for Kobe.

JeffFrankGore
08-21-2008, 01:50 PM
so when wade won he was the best, but when kobe did, it was shaq? right there is your screw up. Theres no way your gonna tell me that wade is better than kobe

MG3
08-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Bold Prediction - Kobe doesn't win another championship

Personal opinion but that west is too hard to even repeat as western champs and I think personally boston owns LA.

SOAD
08-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Jordan could not have done it without Pippen, Magic without Kareem, Bird without McHale etc etc.

Why is Kobe the only superstar in NBA history that gets ridiculed for never having won a championship without a fellow superstar?

It's pretty sad really, if the Lakers win it all next season it will be because of the emergence of Andrew Bynum, and the play of the Spaniard, or the young energetic bench. Not because the best player in basketball plays for their team.

This damned if you do damned if you don't stuff needs to end already!

Jay22Redd
08-21-2008, 01:56 PM
i believe jordan needed pippen to win his titles

JordansBulls
08-21-2008, 02:08 PM
so when wade won he was the best, but when kobe did, it was shaq? right there is your screw up. Theres no way your gonna tell me that wade is better than kobe

:confused:

that makes absolutely no sense.

When Wade won it he carried the team in the finals and was hands down the best player on the floor. When Kobe won, it was Shaq that was hands down the best player on the floor in the finals. In the other western series it could be somewhat debated, but not the finals. Not to mention that Shaq dominated the playoffs as a whole averaging 30/15 in 2000 and 2001 and 29 and 13 in 2002.

JordansBulls
08-21-2008, 02:28 PM
i believe jordan needed pippen to win his titles

It's annoying to read people say, "Well, __________ didn't do it alone. He had teammates." No duh. A guy doesn't play 1-on-5. However, it's also true that on any given championship team there's a guy who's the main reason they are where they are, and everyone else contributes in their own way. But everyone's contributions are not equal. Some players make more of a contribution to the team's success than others, and there's usually one guy without whom the whole thing wouldn't be possible (there have been a couple exceptions in NBA history). It's common freaking sense. It's not devaluing the contribution of the rest of the team, but even the rest of the team themselves would tell you that ____________ was the main reason. It ridiculous that it should even need explaining.

JordansBulls
08-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Jordan could not have done it without Pippen, Magic without Kareem, Bird without McHale etc etc.

Why is Kobe the only superstar in NBA history that gets ridiculed for never having won a championship without a fellow superstar?

Of course Jordan needed help just like any legend, but I think that is a cop out when someone says something like that and the reason is because you need help to win. But at the same time there is a difference in winning when you are the best player on the team and then winning when you are not.
That is what people fail to realize. Bird never won without Mchale, but it doesn't matter because he won as the best on the team. That is what really matters when comparing all time legends among one another.
How they win and how much impact they have as far as stats, etc. It isn't to diminish anyone as if they didn't have a part.
Every player has a part on the team, but one player's impact on a team is greater than the rest.
People use that line for Kobe because he so far he hasn't won as the best player on a team. he has had great impact no doubt, but the argument is more can he win as the best on the team.
I'm not sure what the poster was getting at, but that is how I took it.

Joshtd1
08-21-2008, 02:32 PM

2002-2003 Spurs

JordansBulls
08-21-2008, 02:33 PM
2002-2003 Spurs

Hakeem in 1994 and Rick Barry in 1975.

Joshtd1
08-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Hakeem in 1994 and Rick Barry in 1975.

I wasnt old enough to remember;)

lakers4sho
08-21-2008, 02:50 PM

It's pretty sad really, if the Lakers win it all next season it will be because of the emergence of Andrew Bynum, and the play of the Spaniard, or the young energetic bench. Not because the best player in basketball plays for their team.

This damned if you do damned if you don't stuff needs to end already!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

mrblisterdundee
08-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Kobe Bryant is currently the most valuable player on the Lakers, but probably won't win another championship. The team's front court is too soft, even with Bynum coming back. By the time their young players grow into solid back-ups and new starters, Kobe will have slowed down a bit too much. By slowing down, I mean he'll only average 20 points per game instead of 25-30. Either way, the Lakers will need a better point guard and more overall depth to win it all.