PDA

View Full Version : How much is Granger worth?

JordansBulls
08-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Source: Indystar (http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/archives/2008/08/how_much_is_gra.html)

I recently asked a league official what type of deal Granger should get. He threw him in the same category as Iguodala.

Iguodala and Granger, who play a similar style, put up similar numbers last season.
Iguodala averaged 19.9 points, 5.4 rebounds and 4.8 assists while shooting 46 percent from the field. 1277

Granger averaged 19.6 points, 6.1 rebounds and 2.1 assists while making 45 percent of his attempts.

superkegger
08-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I'd agree. Though for him to get that kind of money, he'll have to duplicate that this year, cause this next offseason will be his big payday right? Either way though, with him looking like hes going to be there franchise guy, with JO out, he's going to be in a very similar situation to iggy, so if he puts up numbers like that again, i would expect 80 millionish for him

Sixerlover
08-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Yup. He's pretty underrated with playing in Indy and all, but he would deserve Iggy money instead of J-Smith money (his agent sure did drop the ball there)

pwest6
08-20-2008, 10:50 PM
He should have no problems duplicating those numbers. I'm thinking 22-6-4 for next season.

superkegger
08-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Yup. He's pretty underrated with playing in Indy and all, but he would deserve Iggy money instead of J-Smith money (his agent sure did drop the ball there)

agreed. i still don't understand why he signed that offer sheet. maybe he really really wanted to play in memphis, or was looking to do atlanta a favor :shrug:

Either way though, Granger is a very good player, probably one of those guys you could truly call underrated as he gets like 0 exposure in indy.

GregOden#1
08-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Portland is going to offer him a max contract and if Indy sees him as even somewhat expendable they wont match him.

pwest6
08-20-2008, 10:53 PM
agreed. i still don't understand why he signed that offer sheet. maybe he really really wanted to play in memphis, or was looking to do atlanta a favor :shrug:

Either way though, Granger is a very good player, probably one of those guys you could truly call underrated as he gets like 0 exposure in indy.

:cry: nice to see people are noticing him as a good player tho:)

Portland is going to offer him a max contract and if Indy sees him as even somewhat expendable they wont match him.

Portland?

Mile High Champ
08-20-2008, 10:56 PM

haha i see you are going on pure speculation that the blazer offer him a contract... Not a chance he leaves Indiana, he is the face of the franchise and the pacers will give him the best money on the market for sure. I have met the Simon family (owner of the pacers) and not a chance they let a star like granger walk.

Sixerlover
Oh my. If that was possible

Bayless - Roy - Granger - Aldrige - Oden

I'd quit.

pwest6
^ Oh, must be with Raef's money.

pwest6
08-20-2008, 10:57 PM
haha i see you are going on pure speculation that the blazer offer him a contract... Not a chance he leaves Indiana, he is the face of the franchise and the pacers will give him the best money on the market for sure. I have met the Simon family (owner of the pacers) and not a chance they let a star like granger walk.

yea Indiana can match any other team's offer and will

nyyfan4life
08-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Breakout year for Granger next year, IMO. I think he will average 20+ points. With that said I am assuming he will get around 80 mill.

yaowowrocket11
08-20-2008, 11:02 PM
He is definitely one of the most underrated players in the league, and would deserve that kind of money.

superkegger
08-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Oh my. If that was possible

Bayless - Roy - Granger - Aldrige - Oden

I'd quit.

I think the rest of us would quit right along with you. that would be ****ing scary.

bogdanrom
08-21-2008, 12:59 AM
He should have no problems duplicating those numbers. I'm thinking 22-6-4 for next season.

At first I thought you said double his stats I was like:speechless:. He is one of the most underrated player in the NBA.

lavis
08-21-2008, 01:02 AM
Worth maybe 10. Going to get overpaid for sure.

It's the Pacers. Even Dunleavy is a star there cause they have no real stars.

Mile High Champ
08-21-2008, 07:48 AM
I think the rest of us would quit right along with you. that would be ****ing scary.

but it is not going to happen so why bother talking about it..