PDA

View Full Version : Article: Mavs Don't Want To Extend Kidd Either?

JordansBulls
08-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Source: NJ (http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/politi/index.ssf/2008/08/politi_captain_kidd_willing_to.html)

Kidd wanted a contract extension from the Nets. Now, there is no talk about him getting one in Dallas, either. With the Mavs fading, these Olympics could be Kidd's final stab at a championship.

superkegger
08-20-2008, 10:37 PM
At this point, why would they?

If things go considerably better this year, aka they win a ring, then extend him, otherwise you cut your losses.

pwest6
08-20-2008, 10:38 PM
I wouldn't either if I were the Mavs

Ph1lly Diehard
08-20-2008, 10:45 PM
He didn't even come close to what the Mavericks were looking to get from him last season, and that trade was an absolute steal for the Nets in my opinion.

Unless Kidd gets them to the Finals and/or puts up good numbers, he might get an extention from the Mavs.

#1Mavericksfan
08-20-2008, 10:50 PM
I don't blame Cuban on this...I wouldn't give Kidd an extension either unless the Mavs go deep into the playoffs.

SwaggaIke
08-20-2008, 10:54 PM
Would YOU give Kidd an extension?

JordansBulls
08-20-2008, 11:15 PM
So is Kidd done after 2010? Will he retire?

superkegger
08-20-2008, 11:16 PM
So is Kidd done after 2010? Will he retire?

I thought his contract ended after the 08-09 season...

http://www.storytellerscontracts.info/resources/08-09salaries.htm

SwaggaIke
08-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Kidd will be overseas pretty soon, IMO. He's worth another NBA contract that, just not at the superstar money he's currently being paid.

barreleffact
08-20-2008, 11:31 PM
He didn't even come close to what the Mavericks were looking to get from him last season, and that trade was an absolute steal for the Nets in my opinion.

Unless Kidd gets them to the Finals and/or puts up good numbers, he might get an extention from the Mavs.

so a possible triple double every night doesnt count as good numbers? i mean so what if hes not a scorer. he drops dime, plays d, and rebounds better than most any guard.

back to the topic tho. i would not extend kidd either. he is getting older in age. although he is still incredibly good and seeing how long john stockton played at a high level, i would let his contract expire and pay him less than the 20 mill. 10 mill would still be a steal but no more than 13-15 IMO. he still is the 3rd best pg in the league tho and one of the most complete ball players in the game.

still1ballin
08-20-2008, 11:52 PM
Mavs basically lost a young stud in Harris for nothing. Bunch of idiots..there run is over

#1Mavericksfan
08-21-2008, 12:29 AM
Mavs basically lost a young stud in Harris for nothing. Bunch of idiots..there run is over

I know your not taking about team is done because your team had it's chance to win the title this year but blew it...there are no grantees in the NBA that a team will make it back to the finals the next year...and you can't say anything about Jason Kidd with all thoes Jason Kidd threads I seen in the Lakers forum.

Iodine
08-21-2008, 12:35 AM
so a possible triple double every night doesnt count as good numbers? i mean so what if hes not a scorer. he drops dime, plays d, and rebounds better than most any guard.

He gets rapped by fast PG's hard and long
his scoring ability will go from really bad to making puppies cry horrible
Last I checked Rebounding wasnt what did the mavs in last year

Nets fan 93
08-21-2008, 12:36 AM
Poor Kidd... feel sory for him

#1Mavericksfan
08-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Let the Jason Kidd, Mark Cuban and Mavericks bashing!

Iodine
08-21-2008, 12:41 AM
Poor Kidd... feel sory for him

The dude beats his wife and gets paid over millions of dollers+endorsments

Yup I feel much more sorry for him than a Darfurian refugee

tripleplay2007
08-21-2008, 12:43 AM
pwnnnnnnnnnnnnnned.

barreleffact
08-21-2008, 12:44 AM

lol. it sux he beat his wife tho, but his story says she wasnt an ideal wife, and who knows what goes on w famous ppls wives. i wouldnt be surprised if all the males cheat and abuse they wives and if the girls do the same except they dont get caught cheating cuz if the did, im sure even a min salary player makes enough to pull another dime

barreleffact
08-21-2008, 12:48 AM
He gets rapped by fast PG's hard and long
his scoring ability will go from really bad to making puppies cry horrible
Last I checked Rebounding wasnt what did the mavs in last year

tell me another player that can do what he does. and if a tony parker couldnt blow by you, then what would he do. thats his game. name someone else he couldnt shut down, and one pg at all who defends better that starts. he isnt a scorer, ive said that. yet he still gets u 10 a game....hmmm. sad isnt it. and kidd didnt make them lose last year. the hornets were just better at almost every position.

tripleplay2007
08-21-2008, 12:53 AM
lol. it sux he beat his wife tho, but his story says she wasnt an ideal wife, and who knows what goes on w famous ppls wives. i wouldnt be surprised if all the males cheat and abuse they wives and if the girls do the same except they dont get caught cheating cuz if the did, im sure even a min salary player makes enough to pull another dime

what would you do if jason kidd met your mom on a internet dating website maried her right on the spot and then after that he moved in and after one week of everything starts going fine Jason Kidd puts on his brass knucks and back hands ur wife in the face then starts beating her and later on he tries to drown her in a bathtub full of jello. would that be fine with u?

Iodine
08-21-2008, 01:00 AM
what would you do if jason kidd met your mom on a internet dating website maried her right on the spot and then after that he moved in and after one week of everything starts going fine Jason Kidd puts on his brass knucks and back hands ur wife in the face then starts beating her and later on he tries to drown her in a bathtub full of jello. would that be fine with u?

:laugh: :laugh: TP pwns

Iodine
08-21-2008, 01:03 AM
tell me another player that can do what he does. and if a tony parker couldnt blow by you, then what would he do. thats his game. name someone else he couldnt shut down, and one pg at all who defends better that starts. he isnt a scorer, ive said that. yet he still gets u 10 a game....hmmm. sad isnt it. and kidd didnt make them lose last year. the hornets were just better at almost every position.

First of all the main problem I have with him is his FG% I would rather him not shoot any shot's than make them at that rate.

I agree the hornets were clearly better than the mavs.

His D is good but the fact is more teams are valuing fast PG's now

In his prime he was a beast(from a playing sense) but now meh

dre1990
08-21-2008, 01:04 AM
he's very very good but in the last 2 years, i think he's been over rated. i would not sign him

barreleffact
08-21-2008, 01:05 AM

no. i dont think any man should ever hit a woman. i dont think that at all. if anything it lessens your status as a man IMO. I never have, never will...unless teh extreme happens. if she comes w a gun or a knife its lights uot but thats it. but everyone isnt me, nor do they have my morals. i like to see both sides, he claims she did a lot of things too. and just in general, i guarantee the wives of the famous people go thru a lot. is cheating any better than hitting? i dont think so, but it happens all the time. off thecourt, i doubt id care for kidd too much, but on the court the man is gifted and most people are hating on him like hes a scrub

barreleffact
08-21-2008, 01:14 AM
First of all the main problem I have with him is his FG% I would rather him not shoot any shot's than make them at that rate.

I agree the hornets were clearly better than the mavs.

His D is good but the fact is more teams are valuing fast PG's now

In his prime he was a beast(from a playing sense) but now meh

i agree. his % is horrible. I cannot argue for the man there. lol.

yes more teams are favoring faster pg's, but he still plays well. and by the time speed becomes a problem he'll be in europe. for now tho, his D gets him by and he's still laterally quick enough to stop players who's games arent designated to blowing by to score.

Lol. but yea, he was a beast but he still has game in him. i mean he's a walking triple double still. based on game right now(not potential) who would you take over him besides CP3 and Deron? Some would say nash but i wouldnt. he's too limited. he can pass, shoot, and drive a bit. but no d, no rebounding, no extras. plus its easy to stop him....force him to kill you. guard everyone else. make him be the main scoring option. dont bail him out on the pick and rolls and its ov. the suns lose. but i digress. who would you take over him based on game now excluding those 2?

primetimekings
08-21-2008, 01:14 AM

if my mom met jason kidd on a dating site and married her it would mean my family is probably gonna get paid and if she gets hit shes taking one for the team cus i want my new benz

barreleffact
08-21-2008, 01:16 AM
if my mom met jason kidd on a dating site and married her it would mean my family is probably gonna get paid and if she gets hit shes taking one for the team cus i want my new benz

lol...not even for the money....the alamony and all that other divorce stuff would get u enough. u hit my mom and its OV. that was hilarious tho

Iodine
08-21-2008, 01:21 AM
i agree. his % is horrible. I cannot argue for the man there. lol.

yes more teams are favoring faster pg's, but he still plays well. and by the time speed becomes a problem he'll be in europe. for now tho, his D gets him by and he's still laterally quick enough to stop players who's games arent designated to blowing by to score.

Lol. but yea, he was a beast but he still has game in him. i mean he's a walking triple double still. based on game right now(not potential) who would you take over him besides CP3 and Deron? Some would say nash but i wouldnt. he's too limited. he can pass, shoot, and drive a bit. but no d, no rebounding, no extras. plus its easy to stop him....force him to kill you. guard everyone else. make him be the main scoring option. dont bail him out on the pick and rolls and its ov. the suns lose. but i digress. who would you take over him based on game now excluding those 2?

I would not take nash compared to kidd Kidd is the bill russel of PG's

Depending on what style of team it would be kidd could be a top 5 or well...

but overall I would tend to put him behind
CP3,Dehrawn Weeleams,If it is the playoffs TP, If I wanted to be a total homer Miller :p, Mike james(the goat), and calderon for next season

I almost never do lists for basketball so I know mine has some flaws in it

Packersfan
08-21-2008, 01:27 AM
I know your not taking about team is done because your team had it's chance to win the title this year but blew it...there are no grantees in the NBA that a team will make it back to the finals the next year...and you can't say anything about Jason Kidd with all thoes Jason Kidd threads I seen in the Lakers forum.

Speaking about blowing it in the finals, how about D-Wade and the heat coming back from a 0-2 deficit to break ur teams heart...yea thought so

Iodine
08-21-2008, 01:29 AM
Speaking about blowing it in the finals, how about D-Wade and the heat coming back from a 0-2 deficit to break ur teams heart...yea thought so

Most relevent post of the day!

#1Mavericksfan
08-21-2008, 02:42 AM

Yea!...It felt the same way when Eli Manning broke the Packers heart and when Paul Pierce broke the Lakers heart...so let's not talk about my team.

Iodine
08-21-2008, 02:43 AM

just saw your teams and nice bandwagoning

heyman321
08-21-2008, 02:44 AM

LMAO

Jay22Redd
08-21-2008, 03:15 AM
i dont like Kidd in dallas. he's still good player but im not a mavs fan

#24 Lakerland
08-21-2008, 03:23 AM
What does that have to do with anything? You had your chance with Miami and you where up like 2-0 and still lost to a team that you're better than while Celtics had a better team then Lakers. He said you got raped in the trade, not you shouldn't have traded for Kidd. The Lakers where smart and didn't trade Bynum or Lamar Odom for him. Their best offer was Kwame Brown, Sasha and a 1st round pick.

Looking at the trade, the trade favors Nets because Devin Harris is a great player and can help the Mavericks. Kidd needs atleast one highflyer to play with to play good and Mavericks don't have even one.(Josh Howard is not really a highflyer)

S.J.Basketball
08-21-2008, 03:28 AM
LoL extend Kidd's contract?? For what??

cbs134679
08-21-2008, 05:11 AM
I knew that was a bad move for them to make that trade anyway, but I was kinda happy cause Im not a maverick fan.

_Sn1P3r_
08-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Yea!...It felt the same way when Eli Manning broke the Packers heart and when Paul Pierce broke the Lakers heart...so let's not talk about my team.

You mean Patriots, not Packers.

And they wouldn't extend it if they didn't have any success in the playoffs. Obviously that means something is wrong and they need to change something.

aWiLL 20
08-21-2008, 11:06 AM
he's very very good but in the last 2 years, i think he's been over rated. i would not sign him

yeah, that TRIPLE DOUBLE AVERAGE in the playoffs 2 years ago is completely overrated! Get a effin clue son. Find me another player to avg a triple double in the playoffs...i bet he isnt OVERRATED LMAO!

Hawkeye15
08-21-2008, 11:18 AM
I am sure they wouldn't mind resigning him, but he still makes a ton of money for being a washed up point guard who can basically run the offense, and nothing else

Nighthawk
08-21-2008, 01:52 PM
What has kidd done to prove the mavs should resign him. Hes is a hall of fame point guard. But in the playoffs he was burned by CP3. if Kidd comes back this year an gets the mavs a top seed in the west an they can go deep into the playoffs(WCF OR FINALS) then yes you extend him. Until then i say Kidd must prove he deserves an extension.

FromDallas
08-21-2008, 03:29 PM

Kidd's not married.

FromDallas
08-21-2008, 03:34 PM

It's kind of difficult to beat any team when it's 5 against 8.

SwaggaIke
08-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Kidd's not married.

Yea because he beat the **** out of his wife.

Iodine
08-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Yea because he beat the **** out of his wife.

:laugh:

Btw how do you like my new title swagga?

SwaggaIke
08-21-2008, 03:57 PM
:laugh:

Btw how do you like my new title swagga?

LMAO, you a fool bro.

Iodine
08-21-2008, 04:00 PM
LMAO, you a fool bro.

A fool who builds a better allstar team than you do

IversonIsKrazy
08-21-2008, 04:02 PM
mavs wurr better w/ devin harris.

brigante3g
08-21-2008, 04:08 PM
The ROCKETS WOULD BE GLAD TO TAKE KIDD OF THE MAVS HANDS!!!!!!!!!

Iodine
08-21-2008, 04:10 PM
The ROCKETS WOULD BE GLAD TO TAKE KIDD OF THE MAVS HANDS!!!!!!!!!

Da engrish langige wud B hppy eef u ddnt pst en capz

brigante3g
08-21-2008, 04:15 PM
dont be pissed cuz the mavs are on the way down and the ROCKETS are on the way up! blame Cuban!

Iodine
08-21-2008, 04:17 PM
dont be pissed cuz the mavs are on the way down and the ROCKETS are on the way up! blame Cuban!
Sorry I am a SIXERS fan

brigante3g
08-21-2008, 04:21 PM
then stay in philly!

showtime5
08-21-2008, 05:55 PM
You mean Patriots, not Packers.

And they wouldn't extend it if they didn't have any success in the playoffs. Obviously that means something is wrong and they need to change something.

No, he means Packers, cuz they shocked them in the NFC Championship Game.

Iodine
08-21-2008, 06:22 PM
then stay in philly!

r
o
f
l

#1Mavericksfan
08-21-2008, 07:30 PM
What does that have to do with anything? You had your chance with Miami and you where up like 2-0 and still lost to a team that you're better than while Celtics had a better team then Lakers. He said you got raped in the trade, not you shouldn't have traded for Kidd. The Lakers where smart and didn't trade Bynum or Lamar Odom for him. Their best offer was Kwame Brown, Sasha and a 1st round pick.

Looking at the trade, the trade favors Nets because Devin Harris is a great player and can help the Mavericks. Kidd needs atleast one highflyer to play with to play good and Mavericks don't have even one.(Josh Howard is not really a highflyer)

All I'm saying is that Laker fans can't say anything about Dewayne Wade beating the Mavericks down when Paul Pierce did the same thing to the Lakers and then the Lakers blew a 24 point lead at home in a game they had full control of that game and should have never lost that game but did...and your right the Mavs were better then the Heat that year and should have never lost but as I remember everybody was picking the Lakers to beat the Celtics in 6 games because the Lakers where supposed to be the better team.

As for Devin Harris...let's see if the Nets make the Playoffs this season easy as the eastern conference is...becasue if they don't then that should tell you eveything you need to know about Devin Harris becasue he's a great player but not a leader.

As for the Mavs not having a highflyer have you ever heard of Gerald Green becasue he's on the Mavs now.