PDA

View Full Version : Do u think derrick rose will be a bust like kwame brown?

MiamiHeatWade33
08-20-2008, 10:06 PM
do u guys think derrick rose will be a bust? alot of people do.

rico
08-20-2008, 10:12 PM
not at all.

*Superman*
08-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Naw man, i don't think so, but i do think he is overrated, IMO, i think Beasley is better.

*Superman*
08-20-2008, 10:13 PM
not at all.

Right...:rolleyes:LOL

pwest6
08-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Naw man, i don't think so, but i do think he is overrated, IMO, i think Beasley is better.

Beasley has a better chance to be a bust than Rose imo. This sums it up:

A 6'6 PF!? He might be good, but I'm not weighing a franchise and a championship on him. He's pretty small for what some people, mostly Heat fans, expect him to achieve. I have always thought he was a high school/college product and believe he has a high potential to be a bust. 15/7 for a career. He has been given some very high standards and I have serious doubts he's half of what's expected. I'm putting him in a class between Troy Murphy and Kwame Brown.

Although I hope he will be better than Troy and Kwame for Heat fan's sake.:)

theuuord
08-20-2008, 10:25 PM

Beasley is an unbelievable player. They can switch him to SF for all anyone cares, the guy is a dominant scorer and rebounder.

Rose is a very good player, but Chicago is going to regret passing on him...

*Superman*
08-20-2008, 10:26 PM

Guess we have to wait for the season...

And come on, fight for your own cases.

Nets fan 93
08-20-2008, 10:26 PM
no but what i do think is... if the heat drafted him... you wouldnt have made this thread

*Superman*
08-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Beasley is an unbelievable player. They can switch him to SF for all anyone cares, the guy is a dominant scorer and rebounder.

Exactly, if they keep Marion, put him at PF.

Sixerlover
Not in the least.

greg_ory_2005
I don't think its possibly for someone to be that garbage. :D

JordansBulls
08-20-2008, 10:28 PM
He will be as good as someone like Baron Davis.

dre1990
08-20-2008, 10:29 PM
he wont be a bust, but not a HOF

superkegger
08-20-2008, 10:30 PM
no but what i do think is... if the heat drafted him... you wouldnt have made this thread

right on brother. I don't know why people think he will be a bust. He might not turn out to be a mega star but how many players do, maybe 1 or so on average in each draft, but at the very least hes going to be a good nba player.

theuuord
08-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Exactly, if they keep Marion, put him at PF.

Just play the two of them together without worrying about position. It's not the same as baseball or football where you have a designated starting area, basketball is free-form.

Beasley is one of the best talents to come out of the draft since the monster that was 03. Remember how gaga everyone was over Durant's stats? Beasley's were better....

Jay22Redd
08-20-2008, 10:32 PM
I don't think its possibly for someone to be that garbage. :D

Agreed. Rose might not be a great player but he will be a perfect point guard for any team.

pwest6
08-20-2008, 10:33 PM

Yeah i dont think he'll ever make it as a power forward. But i'm not sure if he's quick enough to be a SF, either. :shrug:

ShaunRiching9
08-20-2008, 10:40 PM
he will be Good but i Superman12 is right hes overrated he might have 1-2 all star games in his career

madiaz3
08-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Kwame brown was more of a gamble, we got to see a whole and successful college season of rose

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
08-20-2008, 11:07 PM
i dont think a bust, but it may take some time to develop. beastly will probably have a quicker impact

zambo4president
08-20-2008, 11:12 PM
rose is the man in his city, he wont bust

Iodine
08-20-2008, 11:34 PM
This thread is almost as big of a bust as the one in the hull of the titanic

barreleffact
08-20-2008, 11:42 PM
a bust...I could see it. He needs to improve his shooting, he's already injured, and to be so athletic he is very tentative instead of agressive. He is pass first like CP3 with a better body, but CP3 he is not. CP3 can score at will and actually looks to shoot at times. His potential is scary, but as of now, thats all it is. However, as much as I want to say he could be a bust, I see him being driven to suceed and being comparable to Deron williams if not CP3. But like Deron, we'll have to wait a few years to truly see his ceiling

Commit2theCub
08-20-2008, 11:48 PM
First of all, coming from a Heat fan, you are just jealous you didn't get him. Second of all, did Kwame Brown dominate in college? Enough said! All the haters have on DRose is his age.

still1ballin
08-20-2008, 11:54 PM
He'll probably be just an average player, nothing special.

Indi23
08-21-2008, 12:03 AM

I don't agree with the fact that beasley will be a bust i think he'll be just as good as Carmello but a little raw with his shot... and imo Rose wont be anything special. people say Jason Kidd i see a guy that will be like 15(and i say that with great hesitation) point 6 or 7 assist guy thats about it im not trying to bash but i dont see what others see in him.. Isee more the Beasley.. he has a amazing player to start off with as in DWade.. ithink dwayne will have a killer season and that will help beasley.. now if the heat could do a deal sending marion+ someone and recieve a big man like okafor that looks like a bright future if dwade will like to stay.

Tha Truth
08-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Naw I don't think he'll be a Kwame Brown that a lil too far.

I'm just not sold on him yet.

I don't think he'll be the rookie of the year.

DQL
08-21-2008, 12:09 AM
nah. He mite not be as great as expected but to be a bust is not possible

Ph1lly Diehard
08-21-2008, 12:09 AM
I don't think he'll be a bust, but I don't think he will be an allstar like a Chris Paul/Deron Williams type PG.

I think he is going to be a boarderline allstar.

Indi23
08-21-2008, 12:12 AM
Naw I don't think he'll be a Kwame Brown that a lil too far.

I'm just not sold on him yet.

I don't think he'll be the rookie of the year.

Well according to him hes gonna be MVP. lol ahah

barreleffact
08-21-2008, 12:23 AM
First of all, coming from a Heat fan, you are just jealous you didn't get him. Second of all, did Kwame Brown dominate in college? Enough said! All the haters have on DRose is his age.

1st- did kwame play college ball? as far as i know he was drafted out of high school.

2ndly- his age isnt the only thing people have against him. he averaged 14 and 4 untill the ncaa tournament. he plays very soft. he is already showing signs of injury. he cant shoot and it will be hard for him to score.

3rdly- the heat is better off with beasley than with rose anyway

dont get me wrong I favor rose but he has a lot of strikes to counter his great abilities. but please, be more accurate when you are arguing. who knows, maybe kwame should have gone to college and maybe he would have been great, but how can you use that when he didnt, AND when rose didnt either untill the big show happened

CubsBullsfan28
08-21-2008, 12:25 AM
he wont be a bust, he will just take a few years before he can play anywhere near the way people think he can play. but he definately has the work ethic to improve his weaknesses, so that only makes his chances of being a star better. weather he become a top 3 pg only time will tell, but he will end up being a really good player

DoubleDragon
08-21-2008, 12:34 AM
do u guys think derrick rose will be a bust? alot of people do.

Based on what? The kid has natural talent, high basketball IQ, developed fundamentals, leadership charisma and an NBA body. Sour grapes from a Heat fan perhaps:eyebrow:

Kwame Brown? c'mon man...no similarities AT ALL. (I should know, I'm a Laker fan and I still cringe)

Speculation and wishful thinking is all this thread holds. The kid will be a Brandon Roy level player if he works it...*****...we'll take him

Kyben36
08-21-2008, 12:52 AM
OK mr Heat Fan. If we offered you Derrick Rose for IDK, Marcus Banks, You would not take him. Becasue acording to you, Derrick Rose is a Bust and But Marcus Banks is not.

SeoulBeatz
08-21-2008, 12:55 AM
he wont be as good as beasley.

nuff said

bogdanrom
08-21-2008, 12:58 AM
No he won't be a bust like Kwame Brown. That would make me fee a lot better though. Damn you, Jordan. JK. I think he can be an All-Star in this league. Somewehere around 20-22ppg, 5-6 rpg, 6-7apg, 1-2 spg.

rico
08-21-2008, 03:09 AM
since he has yet to play an NBA game- the only thing ive noticed that i hope he improves on is his interview skills. i dunno if hes just STILL in shock/not use to media, but every interview hes like 'ummm...'ummmm' heh.

im not expecting him to come in and produce like beasley. but he wont be abust. it will take him a few years. he will show flashes in his first season though i believe. :)

S.J.Basketball
08-21-2008, 03:20 AM
The only other bust I've ever seen like Kwame was Ryan Leaf from the NFL. You guys know who I'm talking about!

So no....he would have to be unbelievably abismal and terrible and awful to equal Kwame.

bigmac8675
08-21-2008, 03:49 AM
I don't think he will be a bust... but I do think Beasley will have a better career after its all said and done.

jnb58
08-21-2008, 03:56 AM
I think Rose has it all. I think the only PG that will be better from year to year will be Williams or maybe Westbrook.

pmmr2113
08-21-2008, 04:03 AM
not a bust like kwame, but he won't be all that.

Z-ray21
08-21-2008, 04:29 AM

beasley is 6'8 man wer u going. and he can play the 3 spot a little

J-Relo
08-21-2008, 04:31 AM
not a bust...

_Sn1P3r_
08-21-2008, 10:22 AM
I don't think he will be a bust. I just think it'll take longer for him to be the player people expect him to be than Beasley because Wade can give him easy looks. Rose has to create most of the time because he's a PG and there's no 'real' star in Chicago just yet. Once Rose develops a good jumpshot, he could be an offensive threat because he already knows how to drive to the basket well.

theuuord
08-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Yeah i dont think he'll ever make it as a power forward. But i'm not sure if he's quick enough to be a SF, either. :shrug:

Uh, the man can score in ridiculous volumes and will likely rebound in double digits.
Who cares?

MiamiHeat
08-21-2008, 02:51 PM
he wont be a bust, but won't produce great numbers on his 1st 2 years at least,
and he has way too much pressure on, playing for his city is crazy :ohno:

superkegger
08-21-2008, 02:57 PM
I really don't understand why people think Rose will be a bust. One, if you look at highly touted pgs, ones taken in the top 10, I don't think you'll find one in the past 10 years who was a bust.

Hell, even 12 years back to the 1996 draft, I can't find one top 10 draft pick pg who was a bust.

AI, Marbury, chauncey, bibby, jwill, francis, baron, andre miller, terry, crawford, dooling, jay williams, hinrich, ford, gordon, livingston, devin harris, deron, paul, felton, foye, conley. Those are all the pg's taken in the top 10 since 1996. The only guys who are you could even consider borderline busts are jay williams, livingston and dooling. And jay and shaun are because of injury, and dooling just isn't that good and hes more a of sg anyway.

I'm not saying all those guys are great pgs, but they've all enjoyed some amount of success. Highly touted pg's just don't fizzle out and be busts.

Second, for those of you saying hes going to be a bust, i don't see a whole lot of reasons why. Did yall even see him play in the NCAA's? The kid is an incredible talent. Is he going to be a mega star? who knows, but a bust? no.

ZHawk1123
08-21-2008, 02:58 PM
I really don't... Not at all...

King Koopa
08-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Hes not going to be a Bust but i dont see him Being anyway NEAR!!!!!!! a cp3 or D will or Kidd. i see him kind of like a mo Williams, but with no Shot.

Ethix11
08-21-2008, 03:07 PM
He wont be better than Mike Beasley ever but he will be an MVP candidate for many years to come as soon as he develops his shot. When he does, he'll be just as good if not better than D-will but not sure about CP3. Give him 3 1/2 years max hes still too young.

breedlove2drug
08-21-2008, 03:11 PM
or, will kwame brown ever be like derrick rose.... ha!

King Koopa
08-21-2008, 03:18 PM
or, will kwame brown ever be like derrick rose.... ha!

:cricket:

samxeyeam
08-21-2008, 03:28 PM
I blame Lebron, Wade, and Carmelo for this... They set the standards WAY to high for the new guys coming in... I dont know how people can throw them into starting lineups like they EXPECT them to be #1-3 options on the team right off the bat... The NBA has been getting pretty good rookies that start off really well in the past 5 years though... but still, these guys didnt even play one NBA game and they're being judged like they are veterans of the NBA...

BooCain
08-21-2008, 03:29 PM
I think he's going to be just as good as D wade, if not better.

Giannis94
08-21-2008, 03:29 PM
he is a bust. besly 1, may 2 rose 3 imo not all u think that so u can be quiet

Tha Truth
08-21-2008, 03:38 PM
I blame Lebron, Wade, and Carmelo for this... They set the standards WAY to high for the new guys coming in... I dont know how people can throw them into starting lineups like they EXPECT them to be #1-3 options on the team right off the bat... The NBA has been getting pretty good rookies that start off really well in the past 5 years though... but still, these guys didnt even play one NBA game and they're being judged like they are veterans of the NBA...

I agree.

That 2003 Rookie Class (Particularly LeBron, Melo and Wade) just set the bar real high.

That class is in a league of its own.

HiphopRelated
08-21-2008, 04:01 PM
I think he's going to be just as good as D wade, if not better.
lay off the cocaine

he's nowhwere near the scorer Wade is

MiamiHeat
08-21-2008, 04:02 PM
lay off the cocaine

he's nowhwere near the scorer Wade is

:clap:

Lakersfan2483
08-21-2008, 04:03 PM
No, I think D. Rose will be a star, I watched him against UCLA and Kansas, he definitely has the type of game to be an impact player. I actually thought he should have stayed in school another year or two, but what can you say, he was the no. 1 pick.

rrude
08-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Problem is, Bulls drafted him supposedly 'cause he was the best player, ignoring their frontcourt needs. If he doesn't become a real star then they totally blew it not taking Beasley (assuming he makes it). So there's more of a chance for Rose to be a bust in a sense, he's got to be the 'best' player in the draft or the Bulls f'ed it up.

There's only one or two real stars in most drafts and some of them are sleepers. Chances are he won't live up to being drafted first as the best available player. When those one or two come to the surface, Bulls fans will be pretty unhappy if he's just a slight upgrade over Chris Duhon.

Iodine
08-21-2008, 04:12 PM
He wont be better than Mike Beasley ever but he will be an MVP candidate for many years to come as soon as he develops his shot. When he does, he'll be just as good if not better than D-will but not sure about CP3. Give him 3 1/2 years max hes still too young.

Lawl.

MiamiHeat
08-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Trust me Bulls did the right choice by picking the "best player" like people said Rose was the best player. Because it could bite haunt you back later on,
for example Joe Johnson said he wanted to play PG so the Hawks didnt pick the best player in the draft they picked a player to fit their needs, which was Marvin Williams at number 2,but later as the season was coming up Joe Johnson said he didnt want to be PG anymore so he f'ed the Hawks up :laugh:
:pity: could of have gotten CP3 or Dwill
CP3 picked at number 2 and DWill picked at number 3

samxeyeam
08-21-2008, 04:26 PM

So how does this work??? So you're saying CP3 is better than Dwane Wade... How do you compare this? If you're comparing them by stat, ofcourse CP3 is better because he fills up the stat sheet.

mrblisterdundee
08-21-2008, 04:29 PM
You can't compare a point guard and a center like that. How is Rose going to fizzle based on Kwame Brown's standards? Will he not rebound or block shots enough? About the only remotely comparable quality is the two players' ability to score.
With that in mind, Derrick Rose is simply overrated as a point guard at the moment.

rrude
08-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Trust me Bulls did the right choice by picking the "best player" like people said Rose was the best player. Because it could bite haunt you back later on,
for example Joe Johnson said he wanted to play PG so the Hawks didnt pick the best player in the draft they picked a player to fit their needs, which was Marvin Williams at number 2,but later as the season was coming up Joe Johnson said he didnt want to be PG anymore so he f'ed the Hawks up :laugh:
:pity: could of have gotten CP3 or Dwill
CP3 picked at number 2 and DWill picked at number 3

Yeah the rule is to draft players not positions. But you gotta guess who the best will be. No Lebron's in this class!!

futureheisman
08-21-2008, 07:29 PM
no he wont

IversonIsKrazy
08-21-2008, 08:58 PM
i have a feeling that rose will b a bust. i mean r u kidding me, a #1 pick! i feel that rose will b a 15/7 guy when he reaches his peak. this draft will have a lot of good players though, i would say these 1z wil b superstars:

Micheal Beasley
Kevin Love
OJ Mayo

Iodine
08-21-2008, 09:06 PM
i have a feeling that rose will b a bust. i mean r u kidding me, a #1 pick! i feel that rose will b a 15/7 guy when he reaches his peak. this draft will have a lot of good players though, i would say these 1z wil b superstars:

Micheal Beasley
Kevin Love
OJ Mayo

Your saying rose will be a bust but not Kevin love?

Um....... wow

theuuord
08-21-2008, 09:07 PM
Your saying rose will be a bust but not Kevin love?

Um....... wow

Love could turn out to be a GREAT player. Rose is probably going to be better but they'll both be stars IMO...

97'bulls
08-21-2008, 09:08 PM
no because we've all seen Rose, Kwame was outta HS so nobody saw him very much

Iodine
08-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Love could turn out to be a GREAT player. Rose is probably going to be better but they'll both be stars IMO...

Loves best hope is not in prime Brad Miller

theuuord
08-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Loves best hope is not in prime Brad Miller

LOL. Brad was a very good player but Love's court vision, passing, and post ability far outstretch Brad's at the same age.

Basketball skills are more important than athleticism...

cardinals1226
08-21-2008, 09:31 PM

I feel honored to be quoted in such a way. aha as yopu read it boys and girls, I think Beasley is more likely to be the bust than Rose. Rose has tremedous athletic ability and is a very good passer. Even if he never becomes more than an average scorer or a second/third option, he is still the pass first PG that is so important now-a-days in the NBA and is unselfish with very few off the court incidents.

I Am Awesome-O
08-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Is this a joke? Derrick Rose is gonna be brilliant.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-22-2008, 12:15 AM
i think he is overrated but will be a good player not great.

Beno7500
08-22-2008, 01:13 AM
Rose is good, but he was vasty overhyped.

BullsNumber1Fan
08-22-2008, 01:30 AM
:mad:If the Bulls drafted Derrick Rose, I guarantee you MiamiHeatWade would have asked if Beasley was going to become a bust like Kwame Brown. People are so ****ing stupid and I can't take it anymore.

zezak
08-22-2008, 05:20 AM
and I can't take it anymore.

InTerNeT iZ a SiRyOuZ isSuE

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/60/180747851_c9c27cd32a_o.jpg

robdizzle3
08-22-2008, 05:35 AM
I also believe that he is overated and I really dont like his ego that he has especially when he said he is not gonna work out for the heat and saying that the Bulls are going to change the team for him.Rose is a rookie and he should know his place or at least act like he is humble instead of acting like he is a superstar before he steps on the court.I bet he rubbed players the wrong way with his comments.Beasley will be the better pro and he showed a little of what he's got by outplaying Rose with a cracked sternum or something like that

kswissdaf
08-23-2008, 11:09 AM
yes

TMAC94
08-23-2008, 11:11 AM
hmm nah

innovator
08-23-2008, 11:23 AM
50% yes 50% no, dont say that he will be good cuz when kwame and olowokandi came into the league people were also saying that they would be good and would be stars

ChitownbullsBG7
08-23-2008, 11:31 AM
I also believe that he is overated and I really dont like his ego that he has especially when he said he is not gonna work out for the heat and saying that the Bulls are going to change the team for him.Rose is a rookie and he should know his place or at least act like he is humble instead of acting like he is a superstar before he steps on the court.I bet he rubbed players the wrong way with his comments.Beasley will be the better pro and he showed a little of what he's got by outplaying Rose with a cracked sternum or something like that

I like how a MIAMI fan started this thread.

What are you talking about? He is humble. If the kid was even more humble i would be sick of him. Oh wait, wasnt it yall who never called him in for a workout? He never refused. Also didnt he end up going for a workout? think he did.

Haha Rose only played two games in the summerleague, if Beasley didnt outdue him then Basketball wouldnt be a good game for him.

Also Rose NEVER said the Bulls need to change the team for him. The most the kid ever said was that VDN's playbook wasnt the best he has ever seen. Also he hadnt even seen the full playbook so he has that right to say that.

Get over it buddy. But i do love whenever a Heat fan can find a way to take a shot at Rose, yall never shy away from the oppurtunity.

QUICKTRADE
08-23-2008, 11:54 AM
no! he will be fine a will become a great player as long as he wont be injured

innovator
08-23-2008, 11:57 AM
^thats what they said about kwame

KnicksorBust
08-23-2008, 12:08 PM
No but I do not think he's going to be a star. Missing those FT's in the Championship game has put a curse on his career.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-03-2010, 10:40 AM
bump

effen5
04-03-2010, 10:47 AM
What a big bust

:rolleyes:

Tribe
04-03-2010, 10:49 AM
He has already exceeded anything kwame brown has ever done...

darius miles was better than kwame brown

I disagree with the HOF comment...

Rose definately has an opportunity and the skill level to improve and become HOF worthy by the time he is finished (barring career threatening injury)

He is already a good scorer, decent defender and has game changing moments...would be shocked if he doesnt improve yearly like all great players

ATX
04-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Derrick Rose was never going to be a bust, nor will John Wall. I wanted to draft Rose, but then Chicago won the lottery by some miracle and snatched him up.

cmellofan15
04-03-2010, 11:07 AM
yeah because Kwame Brown was an All Star and won rookie of the year...

J-Relo
04-03-2010, 12:26 PM
how can you say a guy is gonna be a bust when he already showed he ain't?

also of course Brown wasn't worth that top pick, but he still would be a nice first rounder

_Supreme_
04-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Kwame Brown, no.

However, he could still very well be Stevie Franchise or Stephon McStarbury.

His whole character keeps reminding me of that "thinkin' they da mann" type of player.

nitric
04-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Kwame Brown, no.

However, he could still very well be Stevie Franchise or Stephon McStarbury.

His whole character keeps reminding me of that "thinkin' they da mann" type of player.

huh?

nitric
04-03-2010, 12:49 PM
No but I do not think he's going to be a star. Missing those FT's in the Championship game has put a curse on his career.

:p:cool: