PDA

View Full Version : Nate Robertson WTF...

DetTigers
08-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Seriously get this gy out of the ******* rotation hes garbabge put someone else in there just get him out of there.....release him, put him on the DL who cares im tired of him he sucks.

Zoomlander
08-20-2008, 09:20 PM
cant keep having 1 good start out of 5......needs to be more consistent..........but i agree time for him to go

mark1125
08-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Seriously get this gy out of the ******* rotation hes garbabge put someone else in there just get him out of there.....release him, put him on the DL who cares im tired of him he sucks.

I couldn't agree more.

JackB
08-21-2008, 09:26 AM
Yeah I have seen enough of him. We took two in Texas against a good hitter team. He took the wind out of our sails. How much longer before Garcia is ready? Other thing is Sept callups in 9 days.If we are going get proformances like that we might as well see what we have with a couple of young guys. Time is running out.

smarkow
08-21-2008, 10:25 AM
dude, what are you guys talking about. He's been consistent for years! Consistently Inconsistent!

stanpapi
08-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I like Nate. I think he's the only Tiger who actually lives in MI year around, but you can't keep sending him out there. Oh, if we would have just traded him and Inge to the Yankees after the 2006 season. Now, what do you do with him? Too much contract to trade -- again.

Bondomania
08-21-2008, 11:08 AM
agreed, shut down Nate for the season with a "tired arm" and give him a mental break, maybe we can trade him in the offseason for some single A prospect with no potential. In all honesty, there are players in the minors that deserve and can probably put up better numbers than Nate Robertson.. It is so ******** that certain guys get the short leash, but then for some reason other guys get all the chances in the world.. this guy clearly needs to get away from the game for a while.. whatever, i hope that if they keep running him out there he gets shelled for 7 or 8 runs in 3 2/3 innings like he has been all year long... what a joke, he isn't even a serviceable 5th starter at this point..

jsneller1985
08-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Hey All,

::FIRST TIME POST::

yeah ive been following the detroit tigers stats all year long, and i think this is probably the most astounding stat ive found out about the tigers pitchers..

NATE ROBERTSON: 26 starts, only EIGHT starts with 3 runs or less given up. He hasn't struck out more than 6 in a game all year long. On average, he last 5 2/3 innings each game. 195 hits and 52 walks given up in 149 1/3 innings. That means that 247 batters have reached base in those 149.1 innings. After doing some math that means that if Nate Robertson pitched 9 innings/game he would let 14.87 batters on base every nine innings. He's given up 25 home runs in those innings also, so he gives up a home run every 6 innings he pitches.

How the hell are you supposed to win with those numbers? And besides for 2006 when everyone was doing well, he hasn't been under 4.49 ERA. Sad.

Bondomania
08-21-2008, 03:03 PM
yea, he has a WHIP around two.. NO major leaguer should be able to win with that.. I know for a fact any team that is looking to win the division or championship for that matter would NEVER allow their fifth pitcher to be this far into the season with an ERA over 6.. absolutly ********!! i don't get why this team is so slow to make adjustments.. pull the guy, seriously, give some like Lambert a chance up here to see what he can do.. probably can post an ERA under 6..

stanpapi
08-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Yeah, you have to be careful with that **** thing, Bondo. They're gonna put you in the sensitivity training. Otherwise, I completely agree. There are more than a few guys in the minors (and on the bench) that can do better. Problem is, it's the oldest story in sports. They guy getting the bucks plays, no matter. That's why Nate, Sheff, Renteria, and some others are still out there. It's a joke. They have people who can clearly do better...and in some cases are doing better...yet the money guys play. This is how guys get labeled minor leaguers. It's BS.

mark1125
08-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Yeah, you have to be careful with that **** thing, Bondo. They're gonna put you in the sensitivity training. Otherwise, I completely agree. There are more than a few guys in the minors (and on the bench) that can do better. Problem is, it's the oldest story in sports. They guy getting the bucks plays, no matter. That's why Nate, Sheff, Renteria, and some others are still out there. It's a joke. They have people who can clearly do better...and in some cases are doing better...yet the money guys play. This is how guys get labeled minor leaguers. It's BS.

And until they can admit they made a mistake (sheff Renteria, Robertson and probably Willis) and pay for it, they will flounder again next year.

Bondomania
08-21-2008, 06:37 PM
haha, sorry, it is STUPID.. that's what i meant to say.. yea, i dunno, maybe DD has a man crush on Nate.. maybe we were wrong this entire time.. DD is the guy going out and getting all these ex-florida marlin players, Nate being one of them.. and it seems like all of them have been alright at best... Miggy being the obvious success..

IndiansFan337
08-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Didn't they give him an extension prior to this season? I think I remember reading that the Tigers had done so or he had requested that they do so. If they did, I bet they are kicking themselves harder over that than about giving Cabrera that fat contract.

Dalionking
08-22-2008, 10:58 AM
they have taken way too long to make adjustments. look how long it took them to take galaraga seriously. they skipped him like 3 or 4 times in the rotation earlier this year and he was our best pitcher at the time and ohh, let me think, he still is.

NYMetros
08-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Manager Jim Leyland announced Friday that the Tigers are moving Nate Robertson to the bullpen.

Robertson was scheduled to start Tuesday and no replacement has been named yet. Leyland indicated that calling up Dontrelle Willis from Triple-A is a possibility. Robertson went 7-10 with a 6.09 ERA in 26 starts and at no point this season has his ERA been below 5.00.

rotoworld

DetTigers
08-22-2008, 07:50 PM
On Tigers.com Leyland says that it will NOT be Dontrelle Willis to take his spot in the rotation and its unclear at this point who will.

Bondomania
08-23-2008, 12:46 PM
I bet they are kicking themselves harder over that than about giving Cabrera that fat contract.

why would they be kicking themselves for signing cabrera to an extension? he is the best young hitter in the league, and is on pace for 30+ homers and about 120 RBI's.. oh yea, and let's not forget that he is also hitting .300 while doing so.. yea the BA has dipped a bit, but his homeruns are on pace for his career, as well as his RBI's.. meanwhile he got off to that god awful start and struggled in the first month or so adjusting to AL pitching.. just think if he had been hitting at the level he has been for the entire season.. he might be leading the league in RBI's and homeruns

Killebrewcrew3
08-24-2008, 04:04 PM
why would they be kicking themselves for signing cabrera to an extension? he is the best young hitter in the league, and is on pace for 30+ homers and about 120 RBI's.. oh yea, and let's not forget that he is also hitting .300 while doing so.. yea the BA has dipped a bit, but his homeruns are on pace for his career, as well as his RBI's.. meanwhile he got off to that god awful start and struggled in the first month or so adjusting to AL pitching.. just think if he had been hitting at the level he has been for the entire season.. he might be leading the league in RBI's and homeruns

Yeah i heard that the tigers were disappointed with Miggy this year and than i looked at his stats and i was confused. Most teams would kill to have that on their team. IMO the tigers will be fine. Just a bad year.