PDA

View Full Version : Donyell Marshall released!

carruthers32
08-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Anyway you think we can get him. He was solid when he was here, and would be a perfect addition to our front court.

katman
08-20-2008, 08:34 PM
No more money!

viniciusdcs
08-20-2008, 08:36 PM
I wouldn't mind having him back to fill the roster.
He was solid indeed, I remember the game where he hit 12 treys against Philly. It was just sick!

Raptors27
08-20-2008, 08:42 PM
if he plays for vet min.

Bob_at_york
08-20-2008, 09:46 PM
if he plays for vet min.

I wish BC was willing to spend a bit to get something like this done.

mjt20mik
08-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Wouldn't mind. He was a pretty decent rebounder.

raptors wiseguy
08-20-2008, 10:45 PM
I wish BC was willing to spend a bit to get something like this done.

honestly, i think BCs hands are tied...MLSE doesnt want to spend over the luxury tax...if they would i think he wouldve already made a move

Bob_at_york
08-20-2008, 11:04 PM
honestly, i think BCs hands are tied...MLSE doesnt want to spend over the luxury tax...if they would i think he wouldve already made a move

I am not convinced of that. They have the money, they show a willingness to waste it (buying out contracts) on the hockey side. Going over by one mil and paying two million shouldn't be a problem.

raptors wiseguy
08-20-2008, 11:31 PM
I am not convinced of that. They have the money, they show a willingness to waste it (buying out contracts) on the hockey side. Going over by one mil and paying two million shouldn't be a problem.

yup..thats true but...they werent willing to go over the luxury tax with joses contract....doesnt that indicate that mlse wants to stay under the limit?? i dont see how BC would care if they go over the luxury tax threshold...its not his money that he will spend

bebop
08-21-2008, 12:17 AM
I don't see what the big deal about Marshall is (and certainly don't see the need for an exclamation mark on the title of this thread). He played like an slow old guy who reverted to a 3 point shooter, when he was here. It's now years later and you guys would want him back?! :confused:

Fans on this forum are such big Raptor nut-huggers, that they're often too blind to see what's often the truth... Donyell Marshall is: fat slow and old - He's crap.

boms-4
08-21-2008, 12:32 AM
I wouldn't mind having him back to fill the roster.
He was solid indeed, I remember the game where he hit 12 treys against Philly. It was just sick!

i remember that game also!!:clap:

marvILLous
08-21-2008, 01:06 AM
I don't see what the big deal about Marshall is (and certainly don't see the need for an exclamation mark on the title of this thread). He played like an slow old guy who reverted to a 3 point shooter, when he was here. It's now years later and you guys would want him back?! :confused:

Fans on this forum are such big Raptor nut-huggers, that they're often too blind to see what's often the truth... Donyell Marshall is: fat slow and old - He's crap.

what? You do know that he averaged a double-double when he was here right..? he also shot good percentages from all over the floor, so no he wasn't crap :eyebrow:

AK-50
08-21-2008, 03:09 AM
That would be sick i remember being a bit upset to see Davis leave but quickly started to like Marshall and Rose in a Raps uniform. So i would like to see him back in Toronto.

katman
08-21-2008, 08:37 AM
It's not just the issue if spending over the cap, but the fact that as a team under the cap we wouldn't receive a share from the money distribution (from teams over the cap). Therefore a $2M, signing will cost ~$2M for that share distribution, and $2M for the luxury tax penalty. Donyell Marshall for $6M......ha ha ha! NO!

star
08-21-2008, 08:44 AM
This would be a great move

Bob_at_york
08-21-2008, 08:51 AM
It's not just the issue if spending over the cap, but the fact that as a team under the cap we wouldn't receive a share from the money distribution (from teams over the cap). Therefore a $2M, signing will cost ~$2M for that share distribution, and $2M for the luxury tax penalty. Donyell Marshall for $6M......ha ha ha! NO!
Good point, but I would just like to point out i wasn't talking about Marshall but the situation overall. If a player is only looking for the minimum and BC thinks he could help the team, BC should sign him and not worry about the money.

maxgraham
08-21-2008, 09:38 AM
we need some veterans also

RapsFan4Life
08-21-2008, 10:06 AM
i would take donyell over Brezek any day! good rebounding and the boys love him in the locker room, great team dynamic and i think marshal will be excited to playing back in T.dot ... but our team is about the future and he is certianly not that.. plus he has been crap ever since he missed that 3 in the finals vs SA that would have given them the game

ramz.n
08-21-2008, 09:32 PM

you can't compare those 2..hockey was the heart and soul of Toronto..and they have a championship under there belt unlike the raptors franchise.

Bob_at_york
08-22-2008, 12:32 AM
you can't compare those 2..hockey was the heart and soul of Toronto..and they have a championship under there belt unlike the raptors franchise.

what do championships from 40 years ago have to do with the crap team today? I think I can compare the spending practices of both franchises because they are owned by the same company and both have to deal with salary caps.

star
08-22-2008, 04:20 PM
what do championships from 40 years ago have to do with the crap team today? I think I can compare the spending practices of both franchises because they are owned by the same company and both have to deal with salary caps.

nothing ... lol

I think he was pointing out that the leafs KNOW they will sell out every year and the RAPS (although have GREAT attendance) - a few bad years could turn the franchise around with respect to fan support.

Leafs can come in dead last every year and will still be sold out.

Bob_at_york
08-22-2008, 07:28 PM
nothing ... lol

I think he was pointing out that the leafs KNOW they will sell out every year and the RAPS (although have GREAT attendance) - a few bad years could turn the franchise around with respect to fan support.

Leafs can come in dead last every year and will still be sold out.

what does that have to do with this discussion? Almost sounds like an argument for the Raptors to spend some money because they need to spend money to make money.

THiiRTYONE
08-22-2008, 08:27 PM
WORD, what's wrong with you people, yeah sure he was solid back in the day but look now he's garbage, and comeon, why would you waste money on this man, instead we should save the money for the year 2010-11. Besides GIVE MY BOY JASON KAPONO a chance, he's an awesome three point shooter, who won the shoot out and was extremly affective in playoffs, and you know how this was possible? BECAUSE HE GOT PLAYING TIME -.-"

ramz.n
08-23-2008, 09:06 AM
he may be garbage now..but have you seen our bench..no offense but we need all the help we can get.

THiiRTYONE
08-23-2008, 03:52 PM
yee i seen our bench, willie, roko, bar will help with starting line up, and take this in, it's not like sam is honestly gonna take of all starters to the bench and take the whole bench out to play -.-" like comeon common sence, and "all the help we can get?" whoah there, why would you wanna waste money on a guy who cant play NOW, even u admitted "may be garbage now" the past was the past

Countdown
08-23-2008, 09:31 PM
I think he would take vets minimum from us becasue he is still getting paid by OKC.

Halladay
08-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Would Marshall even want to come back though? He's one of those guys who seems would sign a one year deal with a team like Boston or L.A.

PostYourEyes
08-27-2008, 06:43 PM
more depth for our roster!

_Sn1P3r_
08-27-2008, 08:34 PM
He would have to fight for minutes against Hump, Bargs, and Jawai. But I think our backup bigs would be Hump and Bargs.