PDA

View Full Version : Who the heck is Jeff Bailey???

Tarheelguy1967
08-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Who is Jeff Bailey? Granted, I'm not as big a follower of the farm teams as maybe I should be, but I didn't expect to see Jeff Bailey starting at 1st tonight for the Sox!

Nickday
08-20-2008, 07:46 PM
He's a 30 year old career minor leaguer-
Bailey mainly plays 1B, LF, and DH these days after previously spending a lot of time as a catcher. He is adequate defensively, with below average range, a decent glove, and a good arm for a 1B. Outstanding power and strength. Good contact and plate patience. Slow on the basepaths, but runs intelligently - about what you'd expect from a converted catcher. Strikes out a little too much, but that has improved over the years. Has potential to be a backup at the major league level, but not likely for the Red Sox. Bailey has been a team leader and model teammate with the Red Sox organization for five seasons.
- soxprospects.com

futureheisman
08-20-2008, 08:17 PM
A below average player

yaowowrocket11
08-20-2008, 08:22 PM
He's been up before.........Usually a bench role when someone gets injured, like this case with the Lowell injury.

DaaBoTownSox
08-21-2008, 06:48 AM
http://www.soxprospects.com/players/bailey-jeff.htm

RedSoxtober
08-21-2008, 08:17 AM
I wasn't thrilled to see the lineup but it was classic Francona. He likes to give all the guys a chance (keep them 'fresh') and the day before a travel day or day off is pretty common. Given that we're heading into TOR and NYY it's probably a good idea.

And of course with Clay '08 on the mound we weren't in jeopardy of winning the game with offense... :rolleyes: