Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 06:28 PM
And the rookie team, what I see

C-Oden
PF- Love
SF- Beasley
SG- Gordon
PG- Westbrook

I know I will get hammered with Westbrook, but unless Hinrich goes, Rose won't have full reigns, and Westbrook has been given 35 mpg with Ridnour gone

BullsNumber1Fan
08-20-2008, 06:49 PM
WOW! Hinrich is going to play SG so Rose will have the reigns as you called it. You have to look things up before you speak. Then you put Gordon over Mayo when Gordon will have to split time with Cuttino Mobley. Mayo is EASILY going to win the other guard spot with Rose.

G - Rose
G - Mayo
F - Beasley
F - Love
C - Oden

DmL
08-20-2008, 06:51 PM
And the rookie team, what I see

C-Oden
PF- Love
SF- Beasley
SG- Gordon
PG- Westbrook

I know I will get hammered with Westbrook, but unless Hinrich goes, Rose won't have full reigns, and Westbrook has been given 35 mpg with Ridnour gone

Gordon is going to be gone, so Hinrich is going to play SG. (unfortunately)

Rose has set some pretty high goals for himself, and with his athelitic ability, and how strong he is, this should be easy.

23LBJCleBrowns
08-20-2008, 06:55 PM
G: Russel Westbrook
G: O.J. Mayo
F: Michael Beasley
F: J.J. Hickson
C: Love or Oden

knicks1214
08-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Beasley will be playing pf in the NBA
C-Oden-Do I have to explain why...
PF-Beasley/Love-He's going to be a great NBA player...if he continues to work on his game. But, if he doesn't, then the pick goes to Love. He is very fundamentally sound as a pf. He can shoot mid-long range/3 pointers and he can rebound the ball very well.
SF-Gallinari/(Randolph)-Gallo is going to play very well I think this year under D's run and gun offense. He is 6'10 without sneakers(grew an inch), he can shoot, he can pass, and he can handle the ball. He's going to be the point forward for D'Antoni. Randolph is my sleeper pick. If he gets the playing time, then he could get the spot.
G-Mayo-He's going to be a very very good scorer in the NBA. He WILL average at least 13 ppg and have like 3-4 assists per game I think his rookie season.
G-Bayless-He's also going to be instant offense off the bench, if he doesn't start, for the Blazers. Maybe 10-13 ppg and like 3-4 assists as well.

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 07:03 PM
WOW! Hinrich is going to play SG so Rose will have the reigns as you called it. You have to look things up before you speak. Then you put Gordon over Mayo when Gordon will have to split time with Cuttino Mobley. Mayo is EASILY going to win the other guard spot with Rose.

G - Rose
G - Mayo
F - Beasley
F - Love
C - Oden

If Hinrich plays shooting guard, the Bulls will for sure be watching the playoffs on the TV. Maybe you should think about a 6'3", average athletic, average defense shooting guard coming off a terrible season playing for a so called playoff contending team before you call me out. And Memphis had 66 guards. Mayo will have to wait his turn. If he goes for 10-3 I would be pleasantly surprised

fins08
08-20-2008, 07:06 PM
C Oden
F Randolph
F Beasley
G Rush
G Augustin

ShaunRiching9
08-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Pg Rose
Sg Mayo
Sf Beasley
Pf Love
C Oden

And Larry hughes is still in Chicago he should be the starting Sg and trade hinrich and gordon

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Pg Rose
Sg Mayo
Sf Beasley
Pf Love
C Oden

And Larry hughes is still in Chicago he should be the starting Sg and trade hinrich and gordon

Gordon is obviously gone, although since it isn't a done deal, who knows. Hinrich has some trade value, but I am guessing he stays, therefore, Rose splits time with him. That hurts the old stats, which is what Rookie voting is. Look at Durant. He was on one of the worst teams in the league. If the judging were the same as the MVP, then Horford gets it. But I have no problem with Durant winning, he was the best rookie.

MiamiHeat
08-20-2008, 07:15 PM
No Bayless :speechless:

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 07:19 PM
C Oden
F Randolph
F Beasley
G Rush
G Augustin

Don Nelson refused to play rookies, and Randolph weighs about 180. I don't know if he will ever turn into a player, let alone being a factor right away. Usually, guys who don't have a high fg% and a high turnover rate in college don't suceed in the NBA. Hence why I am not so high on Mayo either

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 07:20 PM
No Bayless :speechless:

Portlands average age is like 14. He will have a hard time finding major minutes unless Roy goes down for a while, which is always a possibility, he seems to have little knick knack injuries. I think Bayless will be a pretty solid player in the future though.

MiamiHeat
08-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Portlands average age is like 14. He will have a hard time finding major minutes unless Roy goes down for a while, which is always a possibility, he seems to have little knick knack injuries. I think Bayless will be a pretty solid player in the future though.

:laugh:
but i see him starting at the PG spot

superkegger
08-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Regardless of who gets what playing time, when the votes are tallied at the end of the year you know beasley and rose are both going to be on it. whether thats the way it should be or not, we all know they will.

Rose
Mayo
Beasley
Love
Oden

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 07:24 PM
:laugh:
but i see him starting at the PG spot

not right away. He is a combo guard who has never faced the pressure of playing full time point, even at Arizona. Steve Blake will get the nod most of the season. Like I said, I think he will be a player. Don't let summer league fool you.

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 07:26 PM
Regardless of who gets what playing time, when the votes are tallied at the end of the year you know beasley and rose are both going to be on it. whether thats the way it should be or not, we all know they will.

Rose
Mayo
Beasley
Love
Oden

I am a huge Rose fan, if he gets the minutes, and Chicago improves, then hell yes, put him on there. I just see Chitown easing him in, that is all. Mayo will not be on this list, unless hype takes over. But, seeing as he has been hyped since 13 years old, it wouldn't surprise me

BullsNumber1Fan
08-20-2008, 07:39 PM
If Hinrich plays shooting guard, the Bulls will for sure be watching the playoffs on the TV. Maybe you should think about a 6'3", average athletic, average defense shooting guard coming off a terrible season playing for a so called playoff contending team before you call me out. And Memphis had 66 guards. Mayo will have to wait his turn. If he goes for 10-3 I would be pleasantly surprised

Aparently you haven't watched the Chicago Bulls before. Kirk Hinrich has been playing SG for quite a while now and the Bulls were getting pretty far in the past 3 years before last. He started SG for so a while now while BG was coming off the bench. Also, Kirk was an 2nd Team All-Defense Team in 2006-2007. So before you talk about teams , you might want to learn more about them.:mad:

crew158
08-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Rose
Mayo
Beasly
Gasol
Oden

I like what i saw of gasol. I think Love will be a bust..Not enough athleticism

superkegger
08-20-2008, 07:46 PM
I am a huge Rose fan, if he gets the minutes, and Chicago improves, then hell yes, put him on there. I just see Chitown easing him in, that is all. Mayo will not be on this list, unless hype takes over. But, seeing as he has been hyped since 13 years old, it wouldn't surprise me

yeah, but since 96, the #1 pick, (other than Greg Oden and Kwame) has always been on the all rookie team. And as talented and hyped as rose is, I don't see him missing the team.

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Aparently you haven't watched the Chicago Bulls before. Kirk Hinrich has been playing SG for quite a while now and the Bulls were getting pretty far in the past 3 years before last. He started SG for so a while now while BG was coming off the bench. Also, Kirk was an 2nd Team All-Defense Team in 2006-2007. So before you talk about teams , you might want to learn more about them.:mad:

really? Who was their starting PG? Duhon? He started less than 20 games unless I am wrong. And the last 3 years?? Have you not watched the Bulls? Hinrich has been their starting point guard for 3 years dude. Duhon played the 2 for 3 minutes until Gordon came in, and Larry Hughes was their 2 last season after the trade, Gordon and Thabo started the games he wasn't there at the 2.
If you want to get into a basketball trivia war, I love my chances. Fact is, if you start Hinrich at the 2, the Bulls are in for a long season. There is no way he can stop a 2 guard from and average team or better. He is an average defender, he got that award when the Bulls team defense was at their top, so he was individually given that award even though his team was the reason he won it.

BullsNumber1Fan
08-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Ok but Hinrich has been guarding SG's for 4 years now. Every time Gordon was in, Hinrich was guarding the other team's SG. So wait till the season starts and we will see what Hinrich can do.

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Rose
Mayo
Beasly
Gasol
Oden

I like what i saw of gasol. I think Love will be a bust..Not enough athleticism

Love will be a player, I really think so. He is so smart. Best passing big man in a long time, great rebounder, good shooter, and has small space quickness. Athletisicsm is his knock at every level, yet, he seems to defy odds and star. I don't see any change in that

bogdanrom
08-20-2008, 08:01 PM
C Greg Oden
PF Love
SF Beasley
SG Bayless
PG Rose

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Ok but Hinrich has been guarding SG's for 4 years now. Every time Gordon was in, Hinrich was guarding the other team's SG. So wait till the season starts and we will see what Hinrich can do.

Hinrich needs a bounce back year. Drafting his postion at #1 instead of grabbing Beasley can't sit well with him. I don't see how he is too much of a factor this year. The Bulls are dying for an inside presence. I just don't see them in the playoffs this year. Rose will take a couple years, and Thomas just isn't the answer.

BullsNumber1Fan
08-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Love will be a player, I really think so. He is so smart. Best passing big man in a long time, great rebounder, good shooter, and has small space quickness. Athletisicsm is his knock at every level, yet, he seems to defy odds and star. I don't see any change in that

I actually have to agree with you on this one.:) And Love has some pretty good athletisicism for a big guy. He was just as quick as Beasley and had just as high as a vertical as him. So enough with the athletisicism $h!t.

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 08:04 PM

by the way, totally agree on wait until the season starts. This is the time where everyone lives in a world of best case scenarios. I am a Wolves fan, so pity me. We are a couple years off from making noise.
The Bulls could be a team. Deng had a down year in my opinion, I like their energy, and Rose could be a stud. I think he is special, I just see him taking a while to develop into what he can and will become.

BullsNumber1Fan
Hinrich needs a bounce back year. Drafting his postion at #1 instead of grabbing Beasley can't sit well with him. I don't see how he is too much of a factor this year. The Bulls are dying for an inside presence. I just don't see them in the playoffs this year. Rose will take a couple years, and Thomas just isn't the answer.

Ok, we have to agree to disagree then. I know D.Rose will take 2-3 years to get up to a great level but the Bulls will still make the playoffs with the supporting cast they have IMO.

RocketsRule
PG: Derrick Rose
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Michael Beasley
PF: Kevin Love
C: Greg Oden

I think this is one is pretty easy to guess :shrug:

crew158
08-20-2008, 08:05 PM

We shall see...I hope every draft pick does well...but he seems to me like a poor mans Christian Laettner

BullsNumber1Fan
08-20-2008, 08:07 PM
by the way, totally agree on wait until the season starts. This is the time where everyone lives in a world of best case scenarios. I am a Wolves fan, so pity me. We are a couple years off from making noise.
The Bulls could be a team. Deng had a down year in my opinion, I like their energy, and Rose could be a stud. I think he is special, I just see him taking a while to develop into what he can and will become.

Ok, the T'Wolves also have a upcoming team. This team is looking good if they could get a great PG in next years draft.

PG Ricky Rubio(??Next years draft maybe??)
SG Randy Foye
SF Corey Brewer
PF Kevin Love
C Al Jefferson

Along with Mike Miller coming off the bench, this would be a very good team in 5 years.

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Ok, the T'Wolves also have a upcoming team. This team is looking good if they could get a great PG in next years draft.

PG Ricky Rubio(??Next years draft maybe??)
SG Randy Foye
SF Corey Brewer
PF Kevin Love
C Al Jefferson

Along with Mike Miller coming off the bench, this would be a very good team in 5 years.

I would join a Wolves thread for this, these people have no time for them right now. I personally think it will be faster than that for contention, but again, this is a time where we as fans live in a world of best case scenarios. Jefferson is already a stud, they have tons of cap space coming, they will be sweet by 2010 if everything lays out

Nighthawk
08-20-2008, 08:11 PM
C-Yao
PF-Amare
SF-LBJ
SG-Kobe
PG-CP3

NBA ALL 2ND TEAM
C-Howard
PF-KG
SF-Pierce
SG-Wade
PG-D-Will

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 08:12 PM
We shall see...I hope every draft pick does well...but he seems to me like a poor mans Christian Laettner

as a Wolves fan, please don't make that comparison. Besides, Loves passing ability and rebounding alone make him AT WORST, the future Brad Miller. He could turn into Wes Unslend

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 08:13 PM
C-Yao
PF-Amare
SF-LBJ
SG-Kobe
PG-CP3

NBA ALL 2ND TEAM
C-Howard
PF-KG
SF-Pierce
SG-Wade
PG-D-Will

When Amare can stop Larry Johnson's grandma from scoring, he can enter the conversation. Please.

pwest6
08-20-2008, 08:15 PM
C Greg Oden
PF Love
SF Beasley
SG Bayless
PG Rose

I thought Bayless was a point guard ;)

pwest6
08-20-2008, 08:17 PM
C Oden
F Randolph
F Beasley
G Rush
G Augustin

hmmm... interesting you have Rush as the starter instead of Mayo... I doubt that'll happen but I'm glad someone mentioned him.:)

knicks1214
08-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Why? Bayless can play shooting guard...He will be lethal at either. A Monta Ellis/Gilbert Arenas mix if he maxes his potential. To the person who said that Memphis has 66 guards, Mayo will start at shooting guard with Conley (probably) with Rudy at small forward. That's why Mayo will probably average 13-14 ppg and 3-4 assists.

futureheisman
08-20-2008, 08:24 PM
PG:mayo
SG:Gordan
Sf:beasley
PF: Love
C:oden

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Why? Bayless can play shooting guard...He will be lethal at either. A Monta Ellis/Gilbert Arenas mix if he maxes his potential. To the person who said that Memphis has 66 guards, Mayo will start at shooting guard with Conley (probably) with Rudy at small forward. That's why Mayo will probably average 13-14 ppg and 3-4 assists.

Mayo will be lucky to get those number. He really isn't all that athletic, he isn't a playmaker at all, and Memphis doesn't have the support to set him up for jumpers, which is where his game will be in the NBA. He is a fantastic shooter when open, but who on the Grizz demand a double?

knicks1214
08-20-2008, 08:30 PM
He created plays for himself last year at USC and he played pg last year as well. And you dont need to demand a double just to get an open look. Yes, it makes it a lot easier, but with good ball movement, he can get open shots. He is athletic also lol. Second highest vertical at the combine if I remember correctly.

BOOZE'nMUSE69
08-20-2008, 08:35 PM
PG Rose
SG Mayo
SF Donte Green
PF Beasley
C Oden

I know I'm going out on a huge limb with Green, but with the loss of Artest, he could see some serious minutes (in the 20-25 minute range) with solid averages of around 9 points, 3 rebounds and 1 three. I think he could be a great player for the Kings.

knicks1214
08-20-2008, 08:37 PM
I was going to say Green also but I didn't. That was a good pick. Maybe he can be a mix between Durant and Rashard Lewis, but more like Lewis.

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 08:38 PM
He created plays for himself last year at USC and he played pg last year as well. And you dont need to demand a double just to get an open look. Yes, it makes it a lot easier, but with good ball movement, he can get open shots. He is athletic also lol. Second highest vertical at the combine if I remember correctly.

vertical is one test. And the NBA is a whole lot different than college. When a guard shoots a poor % in college, and turns the ball over a lot, that doesn't translate well into the pros. He isn't that quick, and he hasn't seen NBA defenders. In mu opinion, he is hype. I don't see more than Ben Gordon in him. I may be wrong. We shall see..

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 08:39 PM

forgot to add, he plays for the worst team in the NBA. Easy looks are going to be really hard to come by

BOOZE'nMUSE69
08-20-2008, 08:44 PM
I was going to say Green also but I didn't. That was a good pick. Maybe he can be a mix between Durant and Rashard Lewis, but more like Lewis.

I definitely see Lewis, not so much Durant. He could be a lights-out perimeter guy, but not the all-around type of player I think Durant will become. But either way, he has tons of potential and he is in a great situation in Sac. Now Theus just has to start playing rookies more than scrub time...

crew158
08-20-2008, 09:09 PM
forgot to add, he plays for the worst team in the NBA. Easy looks are going to be really hard to come by

I thought the Twolves were the worst team in the NBA

flip_loyalty
08-20-2008, 09:22 PM
bayless
mayo
greene
Beasely
Brook lopez

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 09:23 PM
I thought the Twolves were the worst team in the NBA

I think OKC, and Memphis will take the cake. I don't see how the Wolves finish behind the Knicks, Kings, Charlotte, Nets, and you will have a hard time convincing me the Clips or Bucks finish better either.

Beno7500
08-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Pg Rose
Sg Bayless
Sf Greene
Pf Beasley
C Oden

Kevin Love Sucks!!

ShaunRiching9
08-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Gordon is obviously gone, although since it isn't a done deal, who knows. Hinrich has some trade value, but I am guessing he stays, therefore, Rose splits time with him. That hurts the old stats, which is what Rookie voting is. Look at Durant. He was on one of the worst teams in the league. If the judging were the same as the MVP, then Horford gets it. But I have no problem with Durant winning, he was the best rookie.

Agree