PDA

View Full Version : The Legacy Of Dwayne Wade.

fairandbalanced
08-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Just sitting here thinking, what will be wade's legacy when he is done in the NBA? And I thought, he will be regarded as the best basketball player of this decade, and here's why. He will have atleast 5 NBA championships along with 4 finals MVP awards. He will finish with most steals in NBA history, and he will be top 10 scoring in NBA history. He will be ranked just below (1) Jordan, (2), Wade and the likes of (10) Kobe and 5 (Lebron) will be measured through him. He is the 'one', and all shall be judged by him. The only reason Jordan will be above him is because MJ is already immortalized.

madiaz3
08-20-2008, 06:00 PM
I do not think that this will be the case.

MiamiHeat
08-20-2008, 06:01 PM
at least spell his name right
Dwyane, but
I will wait and see i dont believe he will win 5 championship or be 2nd to MJ
i think your setting goals too high for him

ugafan
08-20-2008, 06:01 PM
HAHAHAAH
wait wait....

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHA

HAHAHHAHA

hAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

LOL

:laugh:

:laugh2:

LMAO

bogdanrom
08-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Just sitting here thinking, what will be wade's legacy when he is done in the NBA? And I thought, he will be regarded as the best basketball player of this decade, and here's why. He will have atleast 5 NBA championships along with 4 finals MVP awards. He will finish with most steals in NBA history, and he will be top 10 scoring in NBA history. He will be ranked just below (1) Jordan, (2), Wade and the likes of (10) Kobe and 5 (Lebron) will be measured through him. He is the 'one', and all shall be judged by him. The only reason Jordan will be above him is because MJ is already immortalized.

I doubt he can get that. Plus you say that the only reason Jordan is better than him is because MJ is already immortalized.:speechless:. He isn't going be the best player from his draft class, let alone best basletball player this decade.

_Sn1P3r_
08-20-2008, 06:38 PM
A top ten player maybe? But we just gotta wait.

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 06:39 PM

How is he getting one more let alone 4 more with no point guard, no center, Marion is gone after this year, or at least in decline since freak athletes with no basketball skill entering their 30's have problems, and Wades propensity to get hurt? No doubt he is a special talent, but he doesn't even rank among the top 10 of 1998-2008, and that is with his ring.

Lakersfan2483
08-20-2008, 06:49 PM
I see Dwayne Wade definitely being one of the top 5 SHOOTING GUARDS of all time, the key words being shooting guard. He's a great player and I think he may win 1 or 2 more titles if he can get the necessary help around him, he has shown that he plays great when he has talent. His finals performance was one of the best in the last 20 yrs. or so.

To sum it up: D. Wade will be a hall of famer. He will end his career with about 2 or 3 rings, several all star appearances, maybe 1 MVP, and he will be ranked in the tops all-time in scoring.

Hopefully, the Heat will surround him with the necessary talent to win.

fairandbalanced
08-20-2008, 06:55 PM
I see Dwayne Wade definitely being one of the top 5 SHOOTING GUARDS of all time, the key words being shooting guard. He's a great player and I think he may win 1 or 2 more titles if he can get the necessary help around him, he has shown that he plays great when he has talent. His finals performance was one of the best in the last 20 yrs. or so.

To sum it up: D. Wade will be a hall of famer. He will end his career with about 2 or 3 rings, several all star appearances, maybe 1 MVP, and he will be ranked in the tops all-time in scoring.

Hopefully, the Heat will surround him with the necessary talent to win.

:clap::clap::clap:

odiz
08-20-2008, 07:01 PM
If the Heat give him to the Bulls for free he will win 5 titles. But the Heat arent going to be able to match up against the West with a 6'8" PF, no center and no point guard and the worst bench in the NBA.

fins08
08-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Sorry, can I change my vote, I wasn't thinking a put best of all time, but I wanna put wait and see. But D-Wade can be great.

superkegger
08-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Why even bring this up? He's in his what 6th season now. Why put those kind of expectations on him? He's a great player, no doubt, but why try and predict where his legacy will lead? That's just foolish.

MGB
08-20-2008, 07:29 PM
There should be a none of the above option. He's not even the best player of his era (arguably not even top 3-5), let alone top 10 all time.

marlinsfan24
08-20-2008, 07:32 PM
If the Heat give him to the Bulls for free he will win 5 titles. But the Heat arent going to be able to match up against the West with a 6'8" PF, no center and no point guard and the worst bench in the NBA.

Your acting like this will be the case for the rest of Wade's career.

But i agree, why the hell are we looking at Wade's legacy now?

crew158
08-20-2008, 07:35 PM
None of the above...must stay healthy for a longer period of time create his legacy. Probem is, when he is playing his best ball, his style leads to injuries.

lalakobe24
08-20-2008, 07:49 PM
LOL

no one knows who dwane wade is apart from nba fans

kobe and lebron on the other hand ;)

MiamiHeat
08-20-2008, 07:51 PM
LOL

no one knows who dwyane wade is apart from nba fans

kobe and lebron on the other hand ;)

you sure about that?

lalakobe24
08-20-2008, 07:51 PM
lol chek all the TC posts there all wade praising like some no life loser and lebron and kobe bashing noooo lifeeeee

lalakobe24
08-20-2008, 07:52 PM
you sure about that?

yea im sure lol even my 70 year old grandma knows who kobe is but who the hell is dwade

superkegger
08-20-2008, 07:52 PM
lol chek all the TC posts there all wade praising like some no life loser and lebron and kobe bashing noooo lifeeeee

what?

lalakobe24
08-20-2008, 07:54 PM
what?

check all of his posts yu can on his profile there all wade praising like some no life loser

whats not to get :confused:

lalakobe24
08-20-2008, 07:56 PM
lol this pole is wack anyways even shaq will laff at yu for making this

MiamiHeat
08-20-2008, 07:57 PM
yea im sure lol even my 70 year old grandma knows who kobe is but who the hell is dwade

okay thats 1 person your 70 year old gradma
you cant assume nobody knows Wade because your 70 YEAR OLD GRANDMA doesn't know him, besides Kobe and Lebron are the attention whores

superkegger
08-20-2008, 08:01 PM

lol this pole is wack anyways even shaq will laff at yu for making this

check all of his posts yu can on his profile there all wade praising like some no life loser

whats not to get :confused:

Whats not to get, is what you're saying. Oh I understand he might be a Wade homer or whatever. But plain and simple, you use no punctuation, and you have numerous mispelled words (some not even close. Making it difficult to actually understand what the hell it is you're talking about.

lalakobe24
08-20-2008, 08:02 PM
okay thats 1 person your 70 year old gradma
you cant assume nobody knows Wade because your 70 YEAR OLD GRANDMA doesn't know him, besides Kobe and Lebron are the attention whores

i think they did a pole wade wasnt even in the top 30 most knows athletes and kobe was 2nd behind tiger woods

just because hes averaging double digits in the olympics dont mean hes better than all the second tier stars lol 20 wins

lalakobe24
08-20-2008, 08:03 PM
Whats not to get, is what you're saying. Oh I understand he might be a Wade homer or whatever. But plain and simple, you use no punctuation, and you have numerous mispelled words (some not even close. Making it difficult to actually understand what the hell it is you're talking about.

im sry,ill be sure to use my periods and commas nxt time ;)

MiamiHeat
08-20-2008, 08:04 PM
He was injured and wasn't getting attention while James and Kobe like I said before were getting all the attention(attention whores) :D, But in that championship run Miami had nobody was bigger than Wade he was considered the best SG in the NBA that year, you should of asked your grandma that year if she knew Wade

lalakobe24
08-20-2008, 08:05 PM
He was injured and wasn't getting attention while James and Kobe like I said before were getting all the attention(attention whores) :D, But in that championship run Miami had nobody was bigger than Wade he was considered the best SG in the NBA that year, you should of asked your grandma that year if he knew Wade

dnt get me wrong wade is my second fave player but hes an attention whore too

just a humble one lol

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 08:07 PM
He was injured and wasn't getting attention while James and Kobe like I said before were getting all the attention(attention whores) :D, But in that championship run Miami had nobody was bigger than Wade he was considered the best SG in the NBA that year, you should of asked your grandma that year if she knew Wade

true, but LeBron couldn't even buy a beer then, and was already in the conversation with Wade, Kobe, and KG at the time. While Wade has been in the trainers room, LeBron has become a man

MiamiHeat
08-20-2008, 08:10 PM
true, but LeBron couldn't even buy a beer then, and was already in the conversation with Wade, Kobe, and KG at the time. While Wade has been in the trainers room, LeBron has become a man

now is going to be fun to watch Healthy Wade vs Lebron :D

MiamiHeat
08-20-2008, 08:10 PM
dnt get me wrong wade is my second fave player but hes an attention whore too

just a humble one lol

a humble attention whore? lol

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 08:25 PM
now is going to be fun to watch Healthy Wade vs Lebron :D

agreed. So the debate can stop. The what if crap is over Wade. Time to show you can be tough. Everyone appreciates your finals, you were amazing, but a career can not be defined by 2 months of basketball. A legacy is years of domination, something you have yet to attain.

uptownfan
08-20-2008, 08:26 PM

OK, I'm just gonna throw this out here that Wade is not going to win THAT many more. The league is just too good now, it's just not gonna happen. I could see one or two more, but not 4 more.

downsos
08-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Where is the top 25 option? Or he coulda been great if not for the injuries option?

Westbrook36
08-20-2008, 08:49 PM

Ermm no..

madiaz3
08-20-2008, 08:57 PM

tbh it was pretty understandable from the get go

King Koopa
08-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Yeah i think so, After all i mean did you see what he did in the Finals, vs Dallas he took over, not saying that hes going to do that all 82 games but with the Roster that we have now if he plays at a high level trust me were going to be a 6th seed, and might even jump up on some teams. Were just a Big Man away from building a CHampionship team. And i know how people say that are PG issue is a big problem i dont see why it is, we have a SOild PG in Banks and a Guy in Mario that Looks to have a Bright Future, only problem we have is are Center spot.

grega1976
08-20-2008, 09:09 PM
There should be a none of the above option. He's not even the best player of his era (arguably not even top 3-5), let alone top 10 all time.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
I was thinking the same thing.. what kinda stupid **** is this.. he's not even the best player in the Association now, he's not even the best player in his Conference, infact he's not even the best player in his division.. this is ****in ********

grega1976
08-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Yeah i think so, After all i mean did you see what he did in the Finals, vs Dallas he took over, not saying that hes going to do that all 82 games but with the Roster that we have now if he plays at a high level trust me were going to be a 6th seed, and might even jump up on some teams. Were just a Big Man away from building a CHampionship team. And i know how people say that are PG issue is a big problem i dont see why it is, we have a SOild PG in Banks and a Guy in Mario that Looks to have a Bright Future, only problem we have is are Center spot.

that's the sign of the greatest player ever.. leading his team to the 6th seed...:clap::rolleyes:

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 09:12 PM

If Wade can play 75 games this year or more, than fine, most of the posters agree. That is his problem. And btw, you are missing the two most important position players on a team from like 5th grade on, so even though those three may be awesome, they are in no way, shape, or form contenders. Wade had his moment, when he had the most dominant center of our time on his team. Luckily, Miami is soooooo attractive to your run of the mil normal guy, they will recover

King Koopa
08-20-2008, 09:13 PM
that's the sign of the greatest player ever.. leading his team to the 6th seed...:clap::rolleyes:

Your boy KOBE..... Had a piece of **** team for a good 3 years, and the Biggest seed he ever got them was a 7th seed, so shut up you lakers are lucky the Grizz pretty much just gave you soft gasol for free, were pretty much the next lakers..... Were a big man away.

King Koopa
08-20-2008, 09:16 PM
If Wade can play 75 games this year or more, than fine, most of the posters agree. That is his problem. And btw, you are missing the two most important position players on a team from like 5th grade on, so even though those three may be awesome, they are in no way, shape, or form contenders. Wade had his moment, when he had the most dominant center of our time on his team. Luckily, Miami is soooooo attractive to your run of the mil normal guy, they will recover

With the most Dominant center of our time..... Can you please tell me wtf SHaq did in that Series??????

rapswin98
08-20-2008, 09:21 PM
you never know if injuries will plague him or he could turn out to be like vince carter (i hope this never happens) we have to wait and see, maybe after his prime we can judge.

grega1976
08-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Your boy KOBE..... Had a piece of **** team for a good 3 years, and the Biggest seed he ever got them was a 7th seed, so shut up you lakers are lucky the Grizz pretty much just gave you soft gasol for free, were pretty much the next lakers..... Were a big man away.

hate the lakers.. but I'll say this 7th in the west = 47-52 wins
6th in the east= 38-42 wins.. enough said..

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 09:31 PM
With the most Dominant center of our time..... Can you please tell me wtf SHaq did in that Series??????

well, to start, any team in that era had to come into the game with a gameplan on how to stop Shaq from getting easy buckets. They were willing to give everyone else on the entire team looks, so long as Shaq didn't feast on their defense. Wade, and Kobe before him, took advantage of this, with wide open lanes, taking what the scrambling defense was giving them, and then on top of that, an inexperienced team that folded like a wet deck of cards. I would never take away what Wade did in the finals, he was fabulous, but he should be sending the biggest christmas basket of all time to Shaq every year, and also high fiving Dirk and Cuban for choking so badly.

Hawkeye15
08-20-2008, 09:32 PM
you never know if injuries will plague him or he could turn out to be like vince carter (i hope this never happens) we have to wait and see, maybe after his prime we can judge.

oh god no, Wade's heart actually beats. Injuries are the only thing in his way. VC plays for a paycheck.

MrBloop
08-20-2008, 09:32 PM

How bout waiting until his career is just about over b4 discussing his legacy.

SUp wit all these ******** noob threads these days.

theimortalone
08-20-2008, 09:47 PM
He still needs to prove himself in the regular season again. I mean he did get hurt after all last year. I mean dont get me wrong nothing against D-Wade. He is doing amazing in the Olympics. He just needs to prove himself again in the Regular Season. He could easily be a top 10 player, just needs to prove it again.

theimortalone
08-20-2008, 09:48 PM
How bout waiting until his career is just about over b4 discussing his legacy.

SUp wit all these ******** noob threads these days.

Totally agree with you man. Some these threads seriously crack me up!

SwaggaIke
08-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Wade ain't done redeeming.