PDA

View Full Version : New Jerseys

Breatnach
08-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Recently the Wolves have presented their new Jersey and oddly enough a lot of the community is talking about it...

Why don't NBA teams introduce new jerseys every year? In German Football (soccer) teams change their jersey every season (sometimes the colour, sometimes the pattern, sometimes both) and suckers (like me ;)) pay almost $100 for them every year or at least every couple of years - depending on how much of a hardcore fan you are...

Generally, I think it sucks paying so much for a jersey, but, hey, I'm a fan, so I do it anyway...:mad:

Since the NBA has become all about the money (e.g. all the LeBron to Europe rumors), why haven't teams been using this "gold mine".

From a fan's point of view, I hope they don't. But it would be a huge financial boom for all the teams... especially the Superstars' teams like Cleveland and Lakers etc...

Or is there some rule or logical reason for not doing it this way:confused:

Any since I don't know about the other American sports: Whats the situation like in the MLB / NHL / NFL?

NYKnickFanatic
08-20-2008, 10:02 AM
New jerseys every year?

That would be cool.

But thats a lot of ideas with jerseys.

fredv
08-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah I already thought about that (living in Europe it came right to mind). It would be real cool, I already have a big collection of soccer jerseys ^^. I wouldn't mind the NBA doing it. So if one year you think the jersey sucks, at least you won't have to wait 7 years to get a new one!

AirJordanXVIII
08-20-2008, 10:12 AM
We dont change jerseys often. And I like it. I'm more comfortable with the jerseys then wearing a retro every now and then. New jerseys every year wouldnt work, because it would be inconvient and expensive.

ANd I hope it doesnt work. Im not killing 75 on a bunch of NBA jerseys for nothing.

Jwizel_hitshrs
08-20-2008, 10:13 AM
any links for new jerseys?

_Sn1P3r_
08-20-2008, 10:35 AM
New jerseys every year would be pretty whack. Creating a
different idea every year might just make the jerseys in the future dull.

Aapox
08-20-2008, 12:28 PM
That's almost as bad of an idea as the automobile producers continuing to make new car models every year.

zamudio_jorge
08-20-2008, 12:42 PM
i dont like soccer jerseys too many sponsors and if you change every year you forget traditions (maybe for sell be good make jerseys of diferent colours and other stuff but not for playing)

Zefflin
08-20-2008, 12:47 PM
A new jersey every few years is good. I want a black and gold Lakers jersey. Jesus I'd pee a little bit.

Phitin' Phan
08-20-2008, 12:50 PM
http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/

There are the new jerseys. I like them.

nygiants242
08-20-2008, 01:05 PM
http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/

There are the new jerseys. I like them.

Yea, agreed they are nice! Hm about the new jesrey every year, that would be kinda tough to do, to come up with ideas, but yea it would be a MAJOR income for the NBA and would be a cool idea actually

Tha Truth
08-20-2008, 01:08 PM
The Spurs should get some new jerseys

I don't have a problem with their currents ones but I think they should just try to switch them up.

Get a new look.

Hellcrooner
08-20-2008, 02:20 PM
the spurs are one of the classiest jerseys and its a classic like lakers or bulls, DONT MESH WIHT THAT:

I hope teams NEVER changed jerseys.

If they want to toy around make a "third" sundays jeresey and change it 10 times a year if you want.

But leave your Traditions alone!!!!

yaowowrocket11
08-20-2008, 03:04 PM
I think New Jersey should get New Jerseys!

:rimshot:

pwest6
08-20-2008, 03:35 PM
they actually should, i dont like the ones they have right now