PDA

View Full Version : Europe

knowledgeGOD
08-20-2008, 03:36 AM
damn leaving the nba to go play in europe is the next popular thing to do for nba players. like recently gordan giricek opt out to go to a team in europe.. it sucks seeing europe take the nba players.. next thing you know nba allstars are gonna move to europe and play for teams there.. that would suck for the nba.. whats your opinon on it? what do you think they can do to stop it from happening

JWalk126
08-20-2008, 03:41 AM
who wants it to stop from happening?

S.J.Basketball
08-20-2008, 03:57 AM
First off...Europe hasn't taken any stars. Josh Childress?? He was a 6th man...sometimes a starter, but everyone made too much of a big deal.

Who gives a damn about Giricek?!?!

Oh no Pargo's gone!!!

Until I see a SUPERSTAR go I don't really care. Europe is taking all our mediocre and sub-par players!! EVERYONE PANIC!!!!

P.S. Shawn KEMP came out of retirement to play for an Italian team FFS!!! LOL!! He's gonna have babies internationally mang!

JWalk126
08-20-2008, 04:11 AM
Europe hasn't taken any stars.

who said anything implying that Europe is taking stars? all he said is that it could eventually happen

S.J.Basketball
08-20-2008, 04:16 AM
I just don't see it happening. I would eventually like to see the NBA become and INTERNATIONAL league though. That'd be amazing, but it probably won't happen anytime soon if at all.

Hellcrooner
08-20-2008, 04:22 AM
Im eager to see it happen.

How is that soccer fans Accept wholeheartedly that the main talent is not only in one legue but in Spain, Italy, England, France, Hooland, GErmany, BRazil or argentina and Nba fans dont accept it?

Just make some international challenge like soccers champions league, and take pride in the Nba Champion Winning it.!!!!

JWalk126
08-20-2008, 04:25 AM
How is that soccer fans Accept wholeheartedly that the main talent is not only in one legue but in Spain, Italy, England, France, Hooland, GErmany, BRazil or argentina and Nba fans dont accept it?

Just make some international challenge like soccers champions league, and take pride in the Nba Champion Winning it.!!!!

most Americans neither understand nor care about soccer

the Champions league is just in Europe, and there is something like that already. its called the Euroleague :D.... but seriously, I read somewhere that theyre going to have a World championship for Basketball clubs. they were going to decide the location and format, but nothing new has come up on the matter

dick butane
08-20-2008, 04:26 AM
I just don't see it happening. I would eventually like to see the NBA become and INTERNATIONAL league though. That'd be amazing, but it probably won't happen anytime soon if at all.

Man you really don't read much... The US economy is suffering from a plummeting dollar on an international scale. This means if a guy can get 4 million overseas he would make the equivalent of 8 million here. If European teams experience success with our Josh Childress types they might start bidding on our stars. You can expect Pau Gasol and Dirk to be the first few to go as they would be going home, but they'll get around to our Kobe types. You'll be the last to know though.

TheFuture6
08-20-2008, 04:26 AM
Players have been leaving Europe/Asia to come play in the NBA for years. Players were going to start leaving the US eventually. There isn't really anything that can be done about it.

dick butane
08-20-2008, 04:33 AM
^^ See the future can see itself. That is not only literate it is poetic.

knowledgeGOD
08-20-2008, 12:58 PM
bump

pebloemer
08-20-2008, 03:52 PM
damn leaving the nba to go play in europe is the next popular thing to do for nba players. like recently gordan giricek opt out to go to a team in europe.. it sucks seeing europe take the nba players.. next thing you know nba allstars are gonna move to europe and play for teams there.. that would suck for the nba.. whats your opinon on it? what do you think they can do to stop it from happening

I am sure it sucked for Europe seeing the NBA take their players for so long too...

knicks1214
08-20-2008, 03:53 PM
I hope Stern gets rid of the cap...the Knicks/Lakers/Bulls and a few other teams with BIG markets would own everyone in the NBA.

JWalk126
08-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Fred Jones is rumored to being pursued by a Spanish team

whoop dee doo, huh?