PDA

View Full Version : Solve Tanking

SAVAGE CLAW
08-20-2008, 12:11 AM
I think most of you that the most clumsy act is tanking for a pick and that its become quite a trend lately, you are not doing that good by december you go and tank.

How would you avoid it?

I think after season ends there should be a ranking for the teams that failed the playoffs based in their record against the other Non Playoff teams and against each division winner.

The best record get the most balls for the draft.

Then you would be sure they would just work their ***** off each and everygame.

cmellofan15
08-20-2008, 12:17 AM
For most teams they make some block buster deal and keep their team going for a couple years then they sink slowly (Most of the teams who recieved/gave away Shaq). Consistency is everything in the NBA and if teams can't make the right move somebodys gonna take their spot.

LakerzDQ
08-20-2008, 12:46 AM
I think most of you that the most clumsy act is tanking for a pick and that its become quite a trend lately, you are not doing that good by december you go and tank.

How would you avoid it?

I think after season ends there should be a ranking for the teams that failed the playoffs based in their record against the other Non Playoff teams and against each division winner.

The best record get the most balls for the draft.

Then you would be sure they would just work their ***** off each and everygame.

well then it won't be very fair. the reason the worst team gets the most balls is because they want to balance out the teams right? so the worst team gets the best pick, and they improve. the best team gets the worst pick, and they don't improve. if we followed your system, a team like the Warriors would get the 1st pick, and a team like the Sonics will stay bad.

Monta Ellis
Corey Maggette
Stephen Jackson
Michael Beasley
Andris Biedrins

wouldn't that be the Warriors lineup? that isn't very fair.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-20-2008, 01:10 AM
Well, basing on your toughts then the OLD system was even more fair, just take the worst to records and use a coin to decide who gets number one then teams pick in the inverse order.

Then on special years like the Lebron year,,Iverson year, Duncan year the Ming Year or the Rubio year we would have teams Losing games on purpose since day one of the competition .....