PDA

View Full Version : Qb + Wr = Playoffs

tkshy
08-19-2008, 11:49 PM
NOTHING NEW

Ok so Joe Horn is out and hungry and A. Boldin wants a trade. I would take those two and D.Hester as my WR.

QB is still a ? Who is out there?

Offensive line? Well thats a whole other thread.

Question 1: What would you give for A.Boldin
Question 2: Would you sign J.Horn
Question 3: Who could we get to play QB? I know the Bears are blined to the fact that Rex and Kyle are 3rd, or maybe 2nd stringers at best, but this is a discussion.
Question 4a and 4b: Are you happy with our O-Line? Defense?

JMDTM
08-20-2008, 12:51 AM
i think you should sign Horn and trade for a QB....Boldin would be on the list too but its gonna cost enough to get a good QB so good luck. Grab a WR in the early rounds next year to compliment Horn and Hester. Even if you get a QB and one WR your offense will have already improved. you got 3 good TEs and 2 RBs that have what it takes(at least if Kevin can stay off the IR, hes a stud)

Kyben36
08-20-2008, 04:26 AM
I Would Love to fix 2 problems at once.

Kurt Warner and A. Boldin

For

Rex Grosman(Backup for Matt)
Desmond Clark
2nd round pick
4th round pick

bleedCUBBIEblue
08-20-2008, 05:41 AM
I Would Love to fix 2 problems at once.

Kurt Warner and A. Boldin

For

Rex Grosman(Backup for Matt)
Desmond Clark
2nd round pick
4th round pick

i like it, i dont know if it would be enough. I like the thought of getting warner, he is really the only guy out there that could possibly be available who is any good. but the major problem here is that we all know that angelo will never give up picks (unless he's trading out of the first round)

bleedCUBBIEblue
08-20-2008, 05:50 AM
i do think the bears need to make a play for boldin though if they feel there is any hope for the year, because unless we get a guy like that on O then there is not.

Surprisingly, I'm a little interested to see what orton will give us as qb. i know he's not gonna go out there and throw 75 tds, but we have never really seen what he's capable of. when he played two years ago, he was still young. now he's matured a bit, and i think everyone is under-rating him a bit (i hope).

the problem with the qb situation, is that you have one very good qb split into two guys. rex has the big play ability, but hes small and is a dumbass with the ball. orton on the other hand is big, wont turn the ball over too much, but has no big play ability. once medicine can come up with a way to combine two people into one, i think the bears will be in business.

but even if that did happen, i still think we'd be screwed with that poor excuse for an Oline. St. Claire should not ever see the field, and yet he's gonna start for us? WTF?! The way rex was pressured the other night scares me. i think that will be what happens to our qb all year, no matter who it is. That is why we havnt seen a consistent rex, and that is why orton doesnt have a chance either.

bears118
08-20-2008, 09:50 AM
NOTHING NEW

Ok so Joe Horn is out and hungry and A. Boldin wants a trade. I would take those two and D.Hester as my WR.

QB is still a ? Who is out there?

Offensive line? Well thats a whole other thread.

Question 1: What would you give for A.Boldin
Question 2: Would you sign J.Horn
Question 3: Who could we get to play QB? I know the Bears are blined to the fact that Rex and Kyle are 3rd, or maybe 2nd stringers at best, but this is a discussion.
Question 4a and 4b: Are you happy with our O-Line? Defense?

I think that we might tempt them to part with boldin with either A. Brown/Agunleye (spelt wrong I know) and maybe a 3rd rd pick plus R. Manning

No I would not sign Joe Horn, over the hill and he's a *****ier version of moose

Lets face it the bears are not trading for a QB now after they have annointed Orton but if they were, Kurt warner would be the most likely and not an awful option.

No I'm not happy with the left side of the O-line and I hope they pick up someone. Defense I think will be fine

vdv36
08-20-2008, 09:54 AM
^
^Yeah I like Kurt too 4 years ago....he's toooooo old and won't be able to take the punishment he'll get playing with offense

Bulldog76
08-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Warner threw 27 TDs last year...what about that says old?

And if we can get Boldin...we should do it...make him our #1 and poster boy for the offense...

Send Rex, Bradley, Monk, Ricky Manning Jr., and a 2nd round pick for Kurt and Boldin..

cambovenzi
08-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Warner threw 27 TDs last year...what about that says old?

And if we can get Boldin...we should do it...make him our #1 and poster boy for the offense...

Send Rex, Bradley, Monk, Ricky Manning Jr., and a 2nd round pick for Kurt and Boldin..

i agree warner+boldin would be huge.
but we arent adding them for backups and a 2nd.

azbearfan
08-20-2008, 11:42 AM
The Cards will part ways with Boldin, but not Warner.

cambovenzi
08-20-2008, 11:45 AM
The Cards will part ways with Boldin, but not Warner.

actually its lookin pretty doubtful they are going to trade boldin too.
most people say hes going to play it out, and then sign somewhere else.

VJ18
08-20-2008, 11:46 AM
actually its lookin pretty doubtful they are going to trade boldin too.
most people say hes going to play it out, and then sign somewhere else.

he'll drop passes purposely just watch

Coach100
08-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Trade a #1 for Boldin staright-up. That would be the best 1st round investment in an offensive player in years for the Bears.

Trade for a LT that is blocked behind a really good starter or an expendable starter. I am thinking like the Panthers who have Otah, Gross, and Wharton. Trade for Gross, who is franchised. Sign him long term, he plays LT this year and the Bears could move him to RT next year and Williams at LT. (Gross plays both) Then Tait becomes back-up next year, or Williams is back-up with Gross at LT and Tait at RT. Either way, that would greatly improve the outlook of the OL, even with Beekman at LG.

I know that is a lot of draft picks to give-up. I will say a 1st for Boldin and 2nd & 4th for Gross. But like I said, I think that would be 2 good values on young players for the Bears, who struggle to get value out of offensive draft picks. Then the Bears could draft a QB in the 3rd next year and sign Garcia or Losman as a FA next year and allow the rookie to develope for a year or two.

The OL would be good for a few years, QB would have some sort of battle plan (which seems better than usual), and the offense might actually have a shot to score once a game.....