PDA

View Full Version : Allen Iverson and the Denver Nuggets

Lakersfan2483
08-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Is it time to trade Iverson from Denver? What do you all think?

Spurred1
08-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Yes-the experiment does not seem to be working. So where should he go?

bball1217
08-19-2008, 10:15 PM
I hope they do not just dump his contract to a bad team for draft picks or something.

I think he should get traded to team that is top 4 in their conference.

I really think this guy deserves a championship.

avsman05
08-19-2008, 10:16 PM
who says he cant get one here. Give this team a chance and if it doesnt improve then in 09 he will not be in a contract and you can decide from there. He will not be traded because of trade value.

Lakersfan2483
08-19-2008, 10:17 PM
I would trade Iverson to Detroit for Rip Hamilton and Maxiel. The Nuggets could also trade him for Billups and Hamilton. Let's say Rip and Chauncey for Iverson and Jr. Smith and or Linas Kleiza.

Detroit

Stuckey
Iverson
Prince
Mcdyess
Sheed

Denver

Billups
Rip
Melo
Martin
Nene

NastyRud
08-19-2008, 10:19 PM
We'll trade BG7 for AI.

Spurred1
08-19-2008, 10:19 PM
who says he cant get one here. Give this team a chance and if it doesnt improve then in 09 he will not be in a contract and you can decide from there. He will not be traded because of trade value.
But Denver gave away Camby and signed...Chris Andersen. Unless they've signed someone major that I missed. You must admit you are somewhat concerned about the Nuggets' chances of making the playoffs with what they currently have on the roster and still a coach that doesn't seem to preach defense; although he wrote a book on defense-which is odd.

Tha Truth
08-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Posted this in another thread but I feel that it makes sense to put it in this thread:

The Nuggets need to trade A.I or something because he is taking far too many shots.

Melo needs to carrying this team on his own, not with another superstar like Iverson who takes about the same amount of shots as Melo or more.

The Melo - A.I experiment is over. It is not working out Denver and Dever fans thought it would.

LakerzDQ
08-19-2008, 10:23 PM
We'll trade BG7 for AI.

you guys still have Derrick Rose and Kirk Hinrich playing PG/SG. don't need AI.

trade Allen Iverson to a team that has trouble scoring.

Spurs? lol.

JIDsanity
08-19-2008, 10:29 PM
AI. Would he leave? What team would he go to?

Tha Truth
08-19-2008, 10:30 PM
Trade him back to the East.

I agree Detroit is a good spot.

He probably have a better chance winning a title playing in the East then in the West.

Just like how Garnett and Allen came from the West to the East and won a title.

The East is getting stronger though.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-19-2008, 10:34 PM
If someone goes Desesperate or Berserk because their start suddenly says, I want out!!!! Like Dirk or Whatever, then Trade.

If not, Keep him let his big contract expire, make a run at someone in the deep 10 FA.

avsman05
08-19-2008, 10:35 PM
But Denver gave away Camby and signed...Chris Andersen. Unless they've signed someone major that I missed. You must admit you are somewhat concerned about the Nuggets' chances of making the playoffs with what they currently have on the roster and still a coach that doesn't seem to preach defense; although he wrote a book on defense-which is odd.

Yes i agree with what they got for the trade(crap), not with the current situation. We can always make up the rebounding and blocks his one on one defense was horrible. That is why they picked up Anderson and Balkman.

Maybe this will come back to bite the Nuggets in the butt, but IMO it will not they might even have more wins, IF Nene stays healthy if not 8 seed again.

Karl is the one concern I have. He said in a few interviews at the end of the season that he is going to come back and be a hard *** with the team this year. If that happens I can see them being better. If he is the same ol' Karl get rid of him because they will not go further than the first round.

JIDsanity
08-19-2008, 10:57 PM
If he came to NJ he'd be the KG, but who would be the Ray Allen?

avsman05
08-19-2008, 11:01 PM
If he came to NJ he'd be the KG, but who would be the Ray Allen?

Vince Carter? or Devin Harris.

Master P
08-19-2008, 11:04 PM
i have seen allen iverson play twice in the playoffs. first in toronto back in 2001 in game four of the second round. and then also this past year in denver in game four vs the lakers. needless to say, allen iverson is not the player he used to be. quite frankly, he is just another player out of the floor. he is not amazing anymore.

so what does that mean? can he help the nugget win a title with the current nucleus of the team? not a chance. mello isn't going to improve that much and they gave away their man-in-the-middle. this leaves them fighting for a playoff spot, which AI can help them achieve. however, i dont think just making the playoffs (if they even do) will make nuggets fans happy.

can AI be traded? sure, why not? how much is he worth though? AI for Rip Hamilton and Billups...nope. To be honest, I wouldn't make trade one of those players for AI. that doesn't mean AI isn't as good or better than either Hamilton or Billups, just that he's not that much better or younger so much so that the deal is worth while in regards to sending the pistons to a championship or towards rebuilding for future titles.

what does that leave? Well, if they are going to ship him it's going to be for expiring contracts of bad-overpaid players and young prospects in order to give another mid-range a better shot at the title. denver will lose on the deal, but it will allow them to start 'managing' towards a different future around mello. my biggest worry would be for the team that does go after AI to get them over the championship contender hump...wasn't he supposed to do that for denver when he was three years younger? let's face it, if AI is getting a ring it'll be thanks to other players, not himself.

POZUNO
08-19-2008, 11:08 PM
I think AI would fit well in Detroit. For Rip and Maxiell? Looks good to me.

sixer04fan
08-19-2008, 11:12 PM
i hate how he gets no credit... quietly averages like 27/7 last year and gets no respect. statistically he's one of the best players of his time.

but yes, unfortunately i think the window has closed where he can lead a team to a championship. i would love to see him win one though, he could do a lot of damage as a scoring punch on a team like the spurs, but that will never happen.

NastyRud
08-19-2008, 11:23 PM
you guys still have Derrick Rose and Kirk Hinrich playing PG/SG. don't need AI.

trade Allen Iverson to a team that has trouble scoring.

Spurs? lol.

Well, we would have this line-up to start the season.
PG - Kirk / Rose
SG - AI / Hughes / Thabo
SF - Deng / Noci
PF - Gooden / Thomas
C - Noah / Gray
Plus whatever role players that make the team to get to the 13 player min.

we would then start Rose at PG once he's ready around mid-season and look to package Kirk / Noci to a contender (West) around the trade deadline. Or maybe just keep Kirk and try to trade Hughes (which I'd prefer) then we would have...
Rose / Kirk
AI / Kirk / Thabo
Deng / Thabo
Gooden / Thomas
Noah / Gray
Kirk would be our main guy off the bench at both G's which would earn him his pay and we would still have Thabo to cover SG / SF. I think it would work and AI would love Chicago.

NYMetros
08-19-2008, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I think the Nuggets should trade him als. It obviously is not working and they shouldn't waste their time with it IMO. Trade him while his stock is high and get as much as you can for him. Let Carmelo be the lone star on this team.

avsman05
08-19-2008, 11:27 PM
i have seen allen iverson play twice in the playoffs. first in toronto back in 2001 in game four of the second round. and then also this past year in denver in game four vs the lakers. needless to say, allen iverson is not the player he used to be. quite frankly, he is just another player out of the floor. he is not amazing anymore.

so what does that mean? can he help the nugget win a title with the current nucleus of the team? not a chance. mello isn't going to improve that much and they gave away their man-in-the-middle. this leaves them fighting for a playoff spot, which AI can help them achieve. however, i dont think just making the playoffs (if they even do) will make nuggets fans happy.

can AI be traded? sure, why not? how much is he worth though? AI for Rip Hamilton and Billups...nope. To be honest, I wouldn't make trade one of those players for AI. that doesn't mean AI isn't as good or better than either Hamilton or Billups, just that he's not that much better or younger so much so that the deal is worth while in regards to sending the pistons to a championship or towards rebuilding for future titles.

what does that leave? Well, if they are going to ship him it's going to be for expiring contracts of bad-overpaid players and young prospects in order to give another mid-range a better shot at the title. denver will lose on the deal, but it will allow them to start 'managing' towards a different future around mello. my biggest worry would be for the team that does go after AI to get them over the championship contender hump...wasn't he supposed to do that for denver when he was three years younger? let's face it, if AI is getting a ring it'll be thanks to other players, not himself.

Iverson is still an amazing player he's just on a different team. If Iverson was playing this LA team back in 2001 of game 4 he would have been destroyed as well. So in other words 2008 LA Lakers are 10x better than the 2001 Toronto Raptors. I was at game 4 as well the refs were awful they slowed down the game immensly if you want to see Iverson play you need to watch a game against a team like phoenix where the floor is really spread out. As long as he is playing he will not ever be "just a player out on the floor" he averaged 26 ppg and 7.1 apg.

How can you say that Melo will not get better. He is 24 years old and he is proving this summer that he is maturing and he is actually trying on the defensive end. He should be a top 5 player in the league and he will improve greatly this year. There "man in the middle" is Nene who will be a much different but IMO a much better approach you can make up boards and blocks but you cant make up the fearce one on one defense that he has.

The AI to Detroit for Billups and Hamilton was shot down a long time ago. Detroit said they would only be interested in Melo. Which the Nuggets will not give up. So that takes Detroit out of the scenario. AI is a hard person to move the guy is going to make 21 mil this year. We would want an all-star plus a role player for him, that is not going to happen. I would definately do that trade though.

Nugget Tony
08-19-2008, 11:28 PM
If AI is going to be moved it will be somtime before the trade deadline if at all.

AI says he wants to finish his career in Denver...and Melo is the best player he has ever played with.....

No one has patience anymore.....Everyone wants to build a team and win yesterday....He has only playe 1 full season with Denver....give it a friggin chance...damn....

There were/are way bigger problems with the Denver Nuggets than the AI/Melo experiment.....

1. GK has lost his coaching touch (if he ever had one) But his bout and his sons bout with Cancer I believe really played a roll in making this guy basically worthless on the sideline.....He spent more time shopping for candies to suck on than he did coaching his players and actually devising a offensive set.....It's very easy to tell a bunch of guys to get out and run.....I could have done that....So for Denver to get any better...and for the AI/Melo thing to work....there has to be some coaching done.....We need a hlaf court offensive to go along with our Run n Gun style of offense....It would be nice to see some pick n rolls....something.....We actually did very good last year if you think about it......Our street ball make it up as you go offense could be very scary if we get our act together...

2. JR Smith is not going anywhere......We are not trading AI + J.R. for some of the crap suggested here......Denver will lock up J.R. and he will be in a Denver uniform for along time to come......

3. Melo has to step it up....Some of you may be suprised by this....but IMO Melo is a lazy player. His name says it all...."MELLOW" Dude plays D like he just shot up some killer China White..... All the dudes at the Nuggets forum know my issues with Melo.....but if this kid actually decides to get his act str8....step it up....and become the face of the franchise then watch out....He could be that good.....or he could continue to think his **** dont stink and be a lazy player.....score his 25+ points a night and get us nowhere....

4. Marcus Camby was a liability on the floor. Thats right...Im glad he's not a Nugget for that reason only......Not happy how he was released....(but remember we do have that 10Mil trade exception) Marcus was/is a real stand up dude/citizen (Melo take note) but his play on the court was over rated....He never played in position on "O"...took ill advised shots continously from the top of the key....(Get ready Clippers fans..lol) and his "D" was way over rated.....Yes he boarded...and Yes he Blocked.....but his Man D is very weak.....and last year towards the end of the season he actually fell apart....and his luck in the Health dept has run out.....His Boards were also overated as he stole alot of boards from his teamates.......

5. Nene has been hurt most of his career....dude just can't stay healthy....this has hurt the Nuggets more than any of us know....It's no or never for Nene.....this will be his last shot....

6. K-Mart just last season started to get into his rythym....and should produce at a higher level this year with Camby gone......and Nene/Hunter/Birdman playing in position....will should help keep the D honest and free up some space for Melo, AI, JR, Klieza etc.....

So...there are alot of things out there that play a part in why this AI/Melo experiment has not worked according to most of you here.....We did have a 50 win season last year tho.....and thats saying alot for Nugget orginization....although we cant get out of the 1st round....it's alot better than the 15 win seasons we used to have.....

I would not trade AI.....I would keep him around....and try to resign him at the end of the season and a much cheaper price........and use that money saved along with the 10Mil trade exception to bring in another piece.....Boston has proven that thier 3 headed monster worked.....I believe Denver will need a 3 headed monster to compete in the West...as it just keeps getting tougher......

Losing AI without just compensation will ruin the Nuggets...as Carmelo Anthony is not the kind of player that can take a team to the promised land all by himself.....atleast he has not proven that to me....

I say Keep AI......

MiamiHeatWade33
08-19-2008, 11:35 PM
maybe trade him back to the 76ers for andre miller lol

avsman05
08-19-2008, 11:39 PM
maybe trade him back to the 76ers for andre miller lol

Lol it would have to be like i stated earlier iggy and miller for AI

Master P
08-19-2008, 11:40 PM
i didn't say mello isn't going to improve. just simply that he isn't going to improve so much that he will lead this current nuggets nucleus to a title.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-19-2008, 11:41 PM
One thing that would make sense is that an Old contender, and by old i mean, old players with not so many bullets left in the chamber traded a pick and some younger talent or expiring contracts to Denver for him, this way Denver goes on rebuilding and Eldery team gets that one Last Shot at the title and if it does not work, well just let expire all the old men and rebuild with a lot of cap.

What im thinking in Specific?

Dallas Making some Josh Howard Package.

Spurs Making some Bowen ( short contract) and picks Package.

Suns Making some Barbosa (or Diaw) Package.

Think of It Nash, Iverson, Hill and Shaq going at it for a last time near their Contracts expiration.

Or Kidd , Iverson and Dirk

avsman05
08-19-2008, 11:42 PM
i didn't say mello isn't going to improve. just simply that he isn't going to improve so much that he will lead this current nuggets nucleus to a title.

We'll leave that on the court. Their big problem is D if they can step that up just a tad then they will be all right.

Ph1lly Diehard
08-19-2008, 11:43 PM
Lol it would have to be like i stated earlier iggy and miller for AI

Are...you... serious?

Iggy we resigned for 6 years so that trade is shot down, and if you think AI is still that good your crazy.

avsman05
08-19-2008, 11:44 PM
One thing that would make sense is that an Old contender, and by old i mean, old players with not so many bullets left in the chamber traded a pick and some younger talent or expiring contracts to Denver for him, this way Denver goes on rebuilding and Eldery team gets that one Last Shot at the title and if it does not work, well just let expire all the old men and rebuild with a lot of cap.

What im thinking in Specific?

Dallas Making some Josh Howard Package.

Spurs Making some Bowen ( short contract) and picks Package.

Suns Making some Barbosa (or Diaw) Package.

Think of It Nash, Iverson, Hill and Shaq going at it for a last time near their Contracts expiration.

Or Kidd , Iverson and Dirk

The nuggets dont need a SF or SG they need a PG, PF or C. Theirs alway more than meets the eye. Any others you can think of?

Fury
08-19-2008, 11:45 PM
I would trade Iverson to Detroit for Rip Hamilton and Maxiel

But if i wuz detroit i wudnt

avsman05
08-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Are...you... serious?

Iggy we resigned for 6 years so that trade is shot down, and if you think AI is still that good your crazy.

I dont im quoting the Nuggets FO. Remember the same ones that let camby go for a bag of peanuts and 2 tickets to the ballet.

Plus remember the original trade from philly. Miller, Smith and a future first. They wouldnt trade him back for less.

JordansBulls
08-19-2008, 11:54 PM
Is it time to trade Iverson from Denver? What do you all think?

Bulls trade Gordon and Hughes for him.:)

avsman05
08-19-2008, 11:59 PM
Bulls trade Gordon and Hughes for him.:)

i'd do that if we werent getting two sg.

DenButsu
08-20-2008, 01:12 AM
I think there are two very separate issues to this question:

1. The logistics. And by that I mean, if Denver did decide to trade Iverson, what would the mechanics of that trade be? How could a trade possibly be worked out that both sides consider equitable and that fits the plans of both sides?

2. The risks/rewards on the court. By giving up Iverson, how much do the Nuggets risk losing - or conversely, stand to gain by what they get in return.

So, breaking it down into these two aspects, my answer is:

----------------------
1. The logistics.
I don't think AI will be traded. I think it's nearly impossible to envision a scenario in which this really works out. In fact, I think the trade partner would have to be in desperation mode to the extent that they would be willing to do a full-on Camby-style salary dump of a good player with a longer contract. Aside from the Knicks (who have already hinted they might be willing to do this by dumping Balkman), it's hard to think of many teams who are in that severe of a salary crunch. The minimum salary that could go back to Denver in exchange for AI is about $16 million. I believe the Nuggets would insist that at least half this amount be in expirings, with the other half being the salary of a player we could keep beyond the 2008-09 season. So, no Gordon/Hughes - sorry JB, pick him up off the free market next summer. The prevailing winds in Denver right now are blowing towards cutting costs (cough, cough, CAMBY). The $10 million trade exception is something we now hold but, being over the luxury tax already, won't use. AI's salary coming off the books gives us room to use that full TE and get under the luxury tax simultaneously. That alone could be nearly worth letting him walk, as it puts us that much closer to properly building around Melo, J.R. and Nene.

-----------------------
2. The risks/rewards on the court.
I do pretty much have to agree with the idea that the AI-Melo experiment has failed - or at least come close enough to it to make doubting its potential for success a very legitimate stance. I'm probably in the minority of Nuggets fans on this one. A lot of the guys in the Nugs forum don't like it much when I talk like this, and they think I'm bashing AI. But really, I'm not. The real problem is just that the Nuggets aren't designed to facilitate success for Allen Iverson. They're a team that was moving steadily towards being designed to facilitate success for Carmelo Anthony, and then abruptly halted midstream and changed direction when, on the spur of the moment, they decided to pick up AI. And I fully support their making the trade for Iverson. It was absolutely the right thing to do. Keep in mind, just 6 months before that we'd lost to the Clippers in the playoffs with a team that, on paper, really should have beaten them. So the idea of bringing in a superstar to lift us over that hump and into championship contention was a perfectly valid one. It just never worked out the way we all hoped it would.

I said something not too long ago in the Nuggets forum that made most of the posters there think I was cuckoo for cocoa puffs - which was that I think that after AI leaves we'll probably lose more games in the season but that we'll be a better team. (It probably would have helped if I'd also followed through with that and said that by becoming a better team - with a better financial picture - that in the following season we'd be in a position to win more games and be moving towards genuine contention). But if you look at our young core now:
JR-Melo-Nene (possibly LK)
We're a team that can run with the fastest of them, true. But it's also a team that should be able to execute quite effectively in the halfcourt - an absolute must for the playoffs. Melo and Nene used to run some great pick and rolls, JR is a fantastic floor spacer now. Nene is the big X factor now. If he's healthy, he's our Camby replacement (NOT the Birdman, as was erroneously suggested before). And once we get a true point guard to make all the other guys' lives a little easier by being the primary ball handler and helping them get easier looks, we should be in pretty solid shape to be a team that can throw different offensive looks at opponents and can truly hang in playoff style basketball games.

But right now our offense looks like this (http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=pDjAygeisHc). (3 1/2 minute video of how AI runs a halfcourt offense). And like I said, I'm not bashing AI. But our team isn't designed to facilitate his style, and his style is detrimental to cohesive team play on the offensive end. Once he goes, we'll lose his 26/7, and there's really no accounting for that. He nearly singlehandedly wills us to wins at times. So we'll lose more games. But we'll be a better team in terms of the quality of passing, the quality of set plays on offense, and the overall chemistry. I have a lot of love and all the respect in the world for AI, but I'm really looking forward to getting a chance to see what the post-AI Nuggets might look like.

So he'll be gone by 2009-10, and we'll probably suffer some for that in the short term. But with the assets and financial freedom we'll have because of his departure, we should also be well on our way to constructing a very good - and ultimately better - all-around team.

philsphan28
08-20-2008, 01:17 AM
He should be traded but he won't. His contract will expire at the end of this year and he'll seek a contender to join on. Perhaps I'm being a homer, but it wouldn't shock me if he signed with philly for the mle (he has enough money) and makes a run at a championship with iggy, brand, thad, lou, and sammy.

Jay22Redd
08-20-2008, 01:26 AM

His trade value is high what are you talkin about. Denver can get alot for him.

Trust. With teams like Boston, Detroit, San Antonio, NO Hornets, Lakers and Philly and Houston, theres no way Denver can win. They cant beat not one of these teams in a 7 game series.

IversonIsKrazy
08-20-2008, 01:28 AM
diaw + barbosa 4 AI

howard + dampier 4 AI

marion + banks 4 AI

all work financially. he can make a run at a championship w/ suns and mavs. im not sure abt tha miami trade though.

Suns: nash/ai/hill/amare/shaw 6th man: bell

Mavs: kidd/ai/stackhouse/dirk/diop 6th man: terry

Heat: ai/d-wade/?/beasley/haslem 6th man: ?

avsman05
08-20-2008, 03:12 PM
His trade value is high what are you talkin about. Denver can get alot for him.

Trust. With teams like Boston, Detroit, San Antonio, NO Hornets, Lakers and Philly and Houston, theres no way Denver can win. They cant beat not one of these teams in a 7 game series.

Maybe I did not explain this clearly our FO is horrible. They will not trade AI for howard and pieces or miller and pieces. I personally would be all over the Miller trade. Check out this thread to get some ideas of what the fans think.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247957

Secondly Philly, Boston and Detroit are all in the east so we would not have to play them until the championship game. If we can not beat SA, NO, Houston or the Lakers we wouldn't even have to name them. On a personal note i believe they could beat philly and NO though. We have the team that could compete with them.

MiamiHeat
08-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Just let him walk when his contract ends and then sign a superstar with those 20mil dollars in capspace

RapsFan4Life
08-20-2008, 03:35 PM
iverson for andrea bargniani, Joey Grahm + 2 second round draft picks

Cavs_Fan24
08-20-2008, 03:46 PM
I say it is. 2 scorers like him and Melo doesnt always work, and it didnt this time. And if Denver has to decide who they'll keep, Iverson's gone.

He'll probably get traded again at the deadline.

AirJordanXVIII
08-20-2008, 04:06 PM
iverson for andrea bargniani, Joey Grahm + 2 second round draft picks

Joey Graham aint going anywhere. He's a horrible swingman that cant get off the bench in Toronto. No one will take him. Well only of course if its Graham for Willie Green :D

AI!!! Leave Denver after this season AND SIGN A MLE TO JOIN THE SIXERS!!!

Nugget153
08-20-2008, 04:15 PM
I say it is. 2 scorers like him and Melo doesnt always work, and it didnt this time. And if Denver has to decide who they'll keep, Iverson's gone.

He'll probably get traded again at the deadline.

what if denver is still in the race at the deadline?? What if trading Camby was the best move Denver has made yet?

Look at it like this.

The Denver Nuggets are called out for their defense all the time, even though they had the defensive player of the year last year. IMO the team was more lax on defense BECAUSE of Camby. They thought its okay if I get beat a couple times, Camby behind me. He'll clean it up.

With Camby gone they don't have that safty blanket, they'll HAVE to pick it up. If you listen to the talk from A.I and company this summer, they're commited to defense this year...they have to be without camby. Say Kenyon returns to a decent player, and Nene comes into his own finally. Kleiza is tearing it up with Lithuania (Offense and Defense) and J.R. Smith was the second best player on the court Game 4 against the Lakers (behind Kobe)..With additions like Balkman and Anderson and Hopefully a Healthy Chucky Atkins or a point guard yet to be aquired...I really think Denver has a chance to slip into the 7th or 8th spot again. Maybe higher depending on the Houston experiment and the Suns.

IversonIsKrazy
08-20-2008, 04:22 PM
AI 2 Suns: AI 4 Barbosa + Diaw: Works out financially

AI 2 Mavs: AI 4 Terry + Dampier: Works out financially

AI 2 Bulls: AI 4 Kirk + Nocioni: Works out financially

Suns:
nash/ai/hill/amare/shaq 6th man: bell

Mavs:
kidd/ai/howard/dirk/diop 6th man: stackhouse

Bulls:
rose/ai/deng/gooden/noah 6th man: gordon

IversonIsKrazy
08-20-2008, 04:24 PM
after those trades 4 denver:

Nugz-Suns trade:
barbosa/JR/melo/k-mart/nene 6th man: diaw

Nugz-Mavs trade:
terry/JR/melo/k-mart/dampier 6th man: nene

Nugz-Bulls trade:
kirk/JR/melo/k-mart/nene 6th man: nocioni

IversonIsKrazy
08-20-2008, 04:26 PM
i say nugz line-up looks best after the MAVS trade.

Jason Terry: 16ppg, 4apg
JR Smith: 18ppg, 5rpg, 4apg
C-Melo: 27ppg, 7rpg, 3apg
K-Mart: 13ppg, 9rpg, 1bpg
Dampier: 8ppg, 10rbg, 2bpg

Nene: 7ppg, 7rbg, 1bpg
Kleiza: 10ppg

hyp21
08-20-2008, 04:27 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=136~3239~366~2770~63~530~3235~ 883&teams=8~8~8~17~7~17~17~7&te=&cash=

Just thought this would make some huge headlines if it went down. comments?

sixers247
08-20-2008, 04:37 PM
I would love to see him come back to the sixers for the MLE, but that Suns trade definitly looks good. I would love to see a group like that make one last run for it.

KnicksorBust
08-20-2008, 04:43 PM
I know they can't trade him because they just got him... but a deal of Mo Williams + Ilgauskas for Iverson would seemingly make sense for both teams. The Nuggets really balance themselves and get a legit inside prescense to replace Camby and help Melo out. The Cavs want a scorer/facilitator to help LeBron? Iverson is a pretty big upgrade over Mo Williams.

hyp21
08-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Pistons

A.I./Johnson/Hunter (yeah I know but hey, he should swallow his pride and run the point...he'll live)
Rip/Afflalo
V.C./Herrmann
Tayshaun/Maxiell
Williams (I meant sean williams to detroit. sorry folks)
(Pistons re-up and have dangerous gunners A.I. and V.C. to help Tayshaun. They'd be young at center but with maxiell and prince at the 4, I think they would run up the score board nightly)

Nets

harris/stuckey(deadly combo)
ager/douglas-roberts
hayes/najera
Yi/Swift
Lopez
(Nets still wouldn't be playoff bound, but with Hayes, ager, and harris/stuckey from 1-3, they could definitely put up points and shoot from all angles. IMO, Yi is a bum but two 7 footers at the 4 and 5 ain' bad defense)

Nuggets

Billups/atkins/carter
J.R./jones
Melo
Nene/K-Mart
Sheed

(The Denver Pistons? Hey, George Karl can't screw this lineup up imo. Melo getting help from Billups and Sheed. K-mart and Nene stay healthy then you have a deadly rotation in the post to provide the guards help. Plus J.R. gets to finally start and show what he's made of. New direction is what the Nuggets need and they need it now before the price is put out on Karl's head)