PDA

View Full Version : gah i hate NBA 2k8

FOBolous
08-19-2008, 09:05 PM
i've been a 2k fan ever since i've started playing basketball on video games and 2k8 is really pissing me off. I got it a month ago and i notice your players miss very easy open lay ups towards the end of the game when you're trying to catch up. I mean c'mon...that's ridiculous. I have Tmac in the post, right under the effing basket for a lay up and he effing misses. wtf...yea there were like 3 opposing players surrounding him at the time but none of hose effing players when up to challenge the shot when he went for that lay up. I notice the same thing happening when i use Yao Ming. what's up with that man? how the eff am i suppose to catch up and make a come back when the computer won't let me make a freaking lay up.

and no...it's not because my players are fatigued..i checked already. I don't know if this is one of the "feature" on 2k8 for the game to be more "realistic" but if it is...they need to take this "feature" out of the game for 2k9 cause under NO circumstances do players...especially all-star players...miss easy lay ups when no1's challenging them no matter how late the game is nor how much "pressure" they have towards the end of the game. I lost half of my games because my of this "feature."

man i'm so pissed....just have to rant a little

metfan88
08-19-2008, 09:09 PM
i like 2k7 better, 2k8 feels a lil slow , im renting both 2k and live, i hear live made big improvements!

Beno7500
08-19-2008, 09:10 PM
That happens to me all the time. but i have NBA 08

FOBolous
08-19-2008, 09:14 PM
i like 2k7 better, 2k8 feels a lil slow , im renting both 2k and live, i hear live made big improvements!

yea me too...i like 2k7 better too. Stuff like this doesn't happen in 2k7.

lakers4sho
08-19-2008, 09:16 PM
i've been a 2k fan ever since i've started playing basketball on video games and 2k8 is really pissing me off. I got it a month ago and i notice your players miss very easy open lay ups towards the end of the game when you're trying to catch up. I mean c'mon...that's ridiculous. I have Tmac in the post, right under the effing basket for a lay up and he effing misses. wtf...yea there were like 3 opposing players surrounding him at the time but none of hose effing players when up to challenge the shot when he went for that lay up. I notice the same thing happening when i use Yao Ming. what's up with that man? how the eff am i suppose to catch up and make a come back when the computer won't let me make a freaking lay up.

and no...it's not because my players are fatigued..i checked already. I don't know if this is one of the "feature" on 2k8 for the game to be more "realistic" but if it is...they need to take this "feature" out of the game for 2k9 cause under NO circumstances do players...especially all-star players...miss easy lay ups when no1's challenging them no matter how late the game is nor how much "pressure" they have towards the end of the game. I lost half of my games because my of this "feature."

man i'm so pissed....just have to rant a little

LOL I want to see you make a layup with three guys in front of you.

Anyways, that happens to me too, both in LIVE in 2008. I know it can get pretty annoying.

Take better shots next time, that's my advice. ;)

BRADfromOZ
08-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Pass out of the triple team to an open guy beyond the arc. Boom, easy (and stupidly high %) 3.

greg_ory_2005
08-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Yea, those missed layups happen a lot in 2K8. Hopefully they fix that for 2K9.

rico
08-19-2008, 09:40 PM
ive benched hinrich so many tmies because hed miss fast break layups with nobody in front of him.

but yeha it took me awhile to get use to 2k8, 2k7 was stop and pop real quick 2k8 is kinda more slower as previously stated in that area.

but 2k destroys live :) cant wait for 2k9 hope they do more updates as well.

oh also - we have a psd draft league still waiting for 3 - NON QUITTERS to get it started.

5min quarters -higher fatigue so you have to use your bench players
8 teams
8 games + playoffs

360 - search leagues for 'psddraft' password is 'psd'

as soon as we get 3 more we have a thread in the video games section and we will draft when the majority of us are on.

SC1211
08-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Shot stick for the win. It's all game mechanics and realism. I hope they keep it the same, triple team layups = not real.

knicks religion
08-19-2008, 09:48 PM
i hate that . . .when it roles back off the front rim.

JIDsanity
08-19-2008, 09:54 PM
2K is better than live

MrBloop
08-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Could be worse, you could be playing NBA live, which hasn't been good since 1996 in my opinion, with 95' (genesis) being the best console basketball game ever, other than the early NBA jams.

FOBolous
08-19-2008, 09:59 PM
LOL I want to see you make a layup with three guys in front of you.

Anyways, that happens to me too, both in LIVE in 2008. I know it can get pretty annoying.

Take better shots next time, that's my advice. ;)

yea i'll make it 100% of the time of those three guys around me aren't challenging my shot

FOBolous
08-19-2008, 10:00 PM
ive benched hinrich so many tmies because hed miss fast break layups with nobody in front of him.

but yeha it took me awhile to get use to 2k8, 2k7 was stop and pop real quick 2k8 is kinda more slower as previously stated in that area.

oh also - we have a psd draft league still waiting for 3 - NON QUITTERS to get it started.

8 teams
8 games + playoffs

as soon as we get 3 more we have a thread in the video games section and we will draft when the majority of us are on.

oooo sounds good. SAVE ONE SPOT FOR ME!

greg_ory_2005
08-19-2008, 10:03 PM
I get especially pissed when Shaq misses WIDE OPEN LAYUPS RIGHT UNDER THE BASKET! Dunk it in you fat ***!

But, the Suns are still the best! :cool:

rico
08-19-2008, 10:04 PM

its open man. when you join up we still need 2 more so if anyone else is interested. been tryin to get this launched for almost a month it seems. we had like 10-15 ppl say 'yeah ill join!' and they never did. so the rest of us have just been waiting.

RocketsRule
08-19-2008, 10:05 PM
Anyone who likes 2k8 will love this: http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/954500/nba-2k9/videos/NBA_2K9_Teaser_081408.html

JWalk126
08-19-2008, 10:06 PM
NBA Live 08 for the pc is like $10 @ best buy

NBA Live 09 wont be out for the pc until October 2009

NYstateofMinD
08-19-2008, 10:09 PM

is this for nba 2k8 or 2k9 cuz im down if its for now...

greg_ory_2005
08-19-2008, 10:11 PM

8 teams
8 games + playoffs

Too bad I don't have 360. :(

SAVAGE CLAW
08-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Live has sucked after 2003.

You know? i have a brother who happens to be a Rockets Fan, we used to play Franchise him with Houston and Me With Knicks, but they sent all to crap by making it impossible to play franchise with more than one team. :(

MiamiHeatWade33
08-19-2008, 11:02 PM
yeah the same problem happens to me on 2k7 i dont know i guess if u put the game mode level to easy it wont happen but still..

MiamiHeatWade33
08-19-2008, 11:04 PM
dude games for ps2 really really suck man i dont know why they make the games so crappy for ps2

JWalk126
08-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Live has sucked after 2003.

NBA Live 2000 had the best intro video

SAVAGE CLAW
08-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Nba Live 2001 was the best ever, it was Real Basketball, they hadnt introduced the "aceleration" factor, so you could play 12 minutes a quarter game and end up 100 to 95 instead of 235 to 187.

CaptainCool79
08-19-2008, 11:31 PM
The graphics on this game make me wanna puke

FOBolous
08-19-2008, 11:33 PM
its open man. when you join up we still need 2 more so if anyone else is interested. been tryin to get this launched for almost a month it seems. we had like 10-15 ppl say 'yeah ill join!' and they never did. so the rest of us have just been waiting.

i can't find the league. sent me an invite. my username on xbox live is "LiangJinWei"

SwaggaIke
08-19-2008, 11:37 PM
NBA 2K8 = GOAT Game.

rico
08-19-2008, 11:56 PM
is this for nba 2k8 or 2k9 cuz im down if its for now...

its for 2k8 360

i can't find the league. sent me an invite. my username on xbox live is "LiangJinWei"

go to 'join leagues' and hit the RB (to search) and type in "PSDDraft" it should find it. then you have to enter the password to join "psd"

JWalk126
08-20-2008, 12:01 AM
nba live was cool when playing with the mouse was possible

still1ballin
08-20-2008, 12:10 AM
i stick to the NBA 2k on the dreamcast!

breedlove2drug
08-20-2008, 12:16 AM
its all about NBA Live

bogdanrom
08-20-2008, 12:19 AM
its all about NBA Live

Not. :D. I just got done playing NBA 2K8. If you miss a lot of open layups you should change the settings. I don't mind the game. I think it's a really good game. This year I will rent NBA Live just to see how good it is, because everyone is saying that Live has caught up.

dre1990
08-20-2008, 12:26 AM
i never liked 2k and always liked live better, but 07 wasnt good and 08 sucked on the PS2, but was good on 360 and PS3, 09 is supposed to be revolutionary though

breedlove2drug
08-20-2008, 12:26 AM
fo sho... but NBA LIVE WILL BE AWESOME

phxman22
08-20-2008, 12:29 AM
all nba live does each year is add some crazy new feature and nba 2k still comes on top.

LakeShowRaider
08-20-2008, 12:30 AM
Yea i know what you mean. honestly you just have to get used to it and get better at the game. trust me in about a week youll get the hang of it.

Tha Truth
08-20-2008, 12:33 AM
NBA Live '08 has better graphics...

NBA 2K8 has better gameplay.

rico
08-20-2008, 12:44 AM
nba live only concentrates on good graphics and cool features. all thats good and all, but as previously stated 2k always comes up on top. why? GAMEPLAY.

i would much rather play a game with great gameplay as oppose to run down - juke stick - dunk/layup. that to me is dumb.

that being said 2k is about 10x better than live.

FOBolous
08-20-2008, 12:47 AM
its for 2k8 360

go to 'join leagues' and hit the RB (to search) and type in "PSDDraft" it should find it. then you have to enter the password to join "psd"

ok. done.

Chronz
08-20-2008, 12:50 AM
Its the computers way of punishing you for taking too long to realize a scoring opportunity has passed. I dont know what situation your talkin about but I know alot of people that complained early and then realized what it was they were doing wrong. If you have problems a few months from now then just put it on easy.

rico
08-20-2008, 12:54 AM
ok. done.

sweet. theres 2 more spots you guys. join up so we can get this party started

http://online.2ksports.com/browse?p=360&ty=league&nam=psddraft&ti=nba2k8&st=0&rat=-1

to prove it DOES indeed exist. :)

vandoc
08-20-2008, 01:00 AM
I have a game play question for 2k8:

I was wondering how you can turn off the "auto-substitution" on this game? I would rather make all the subs on my own, when I feel like it, but for some reason the game subs for me whenever it feels necessary (This is in the Dynasty mode or "The Association" mode as it is called in 2k8). I have 2k8 on PS3I am not a huge gamer, so any guidance will help. Obviously, it is not on any of the game menus but I hope there is such an option.

and for the record, I used to be a huge NBA Live fan, but must admit, 2K series is much better to play!

JWalk126
08-20-2008, 01:05 AM

I was wondering how you can turn off the "auto-substitution" on this game? I would rather make all the subs on my own, when I feel like it, but for some reason the game subs for me whenever it feels necessary

that sounds weird because in NBA Live you have to turn on the auto subs (if you want it on) every time you play a game

Joshtd1
08-20-2008, 01:16 AM
The only thing I dont like about 2k8 is how easily it is for passes to be picked off and stolen.

Chronz
08-20-2008, 01:19 AM
The only thing I dont like about 2k8 is how easily it is for passes to be picked off and stolen.
I can never steal the passes online but yea against the CPU its pretty easy to read their passes on some set plays.

JWalk126
08-20-2008, 01:20 AM

I had trouble with than on NBA Live 08, I could barely steal for the life of me

but my brother was always able to pick off an alley-oop, & force a turnover
he hated how he had the tendency to miss an easy layup, and shoot behind the board.

other people I've played against thought the exact opposite

Joshtd1
08-20-2008, 01:21 AM
I can never steal the passes online

Practice:) I just get irriated though, because a bunch of times, if I dont do a direct pass, and just try and do a pass to the guy next to me, or if I'm trying to dump it down low, the computer will decide to do a cross court pass and it gets stolen that way.

Tha Truth
08-20-2008, 01:26 AM
Practice:) I just get irriated though, because a bunch of times, if I dont do a direct pass, and just try and do a pass to the guy next to me, or if I'm trying to dump it down low, the computer will decide to do a cross court pass and it gets stolen that way.

The same thing happens to me too. I hate that more than you can imagine. The funny thing is it always happens at the crucial moments in the game like 4th quarter when it's crunch time.

FOBolous
08-20-2008, 01:31 AM

yea forreal...that's a little irritating also.

but yeea...i have a question for yall? how do yall ally-oop? i can't figure it out :confused:

Chronz
08-20-2008, 01:32 AM

Yea man, I always direct pass for that reason, Ive gotten real good at doing it so that I dont give you all the time in the world to notice the pass coming but it can get tiresome. I dont like blaming the computer because Im not certain if Im not getting the passing buttons in relation to the movement stick direction and in fact Im the one whos passing it to the wrong player.

rico
08-20-2008, 01:41 AM

I was wondering how you can turn off the "auto-substitution" on this game? I would rather make all the subs on my own, when I feel like it, but for some reason the game subs for me whenever it feels necessary (This is in the Dynasty mode or "The Association" mode as it is called in 2k8). I have 2k8 on PS3I am not a huge gamer, so any guidance will help. Obviously, it is not on any of the game menus but I hope there is such an option.

and for the record, I used to be a huge NBA Live fan, but must admit, 2K series is much better to play!

go into your settings and take 'auto substitution' off. you can also go to settings via xbox live (in the game) and change them there. that way when you play online games you dont have to go in everytime and set it.
or in game just hit LEFT on the dpad and change substituions to manual.

lol im the steal KING. well one of them. josh we only need 2 more ppl for our league. know anyone to join

breedlove2drug
08-20-2008, 01:55 AM
then we all agree that Live is DA bomb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SWnliIHW78

rico
08-20-2008, 02:06 AM
yea forreal...that's a little irritating also.

but yeea...i have a question for yall? how do yall ally-oop? i can't figure it out :confused:
i think you just hold in the left trigger and hit the pass button. or maybe its both triggers? but yeh.

then we all agree that Live is DA bomb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SWnliIHW78

^-silyy its just the video on lives features. no 2k@ all. 2k has dna too, they cldve stolen that from 2k cuz 2k keeps things quiet. the only thing that live does guarantee is that they will have live updates. 2k probably wont i ope they do have more frequent updates though.

breedlove2drug
08-20-2008, 02:20 AM
i think you just hold in the left trigger and hit the pass button. or maybe its both triggers? but yeh.

^-silyy its just the video on lives features. no 2k@ all. 2k has dna too, they cldve stolen that from 2k cuz 2k keeps things quiet. the only thing that live does guarantee is that they will have live updates. 2k probably wont i ope they do have more frequent updates though.

idk, ever since i got 2k5 i hated the gameplay....

knowledgeGOD
08-20-2008, 02:30 AM
:speechless:

rico
08-20-2008, 02:46 AM
idk, ever since i got 2k5 i hated the gameplay....

2k takes skill. live is like juke button score everytime

vandoc
08-20-2008, 04:01 AM
Thanks for the response, but I think that your advise is for X-box. I have Playstation 3 (PS3) and for the life of me, I can't find out how to turn off the auto-sub.
Again, if there are any gamers out there who can help me, it would be really appreciated. One of the reasons I like playing video games is so I can total control, so this is a bit of a hindrance.

go into your settings and take 'auto substitution' off. you can also go to settings via xbox live (in the game) and change them there. that way when you play online games you dont have to go in everytime and set it.
or in game just hit LEFT on the dpad and change substituions to manual.

lol im the steal KING. well one of them. josh we only need 2 more ppl for our league. know anyone to join

Shieldsz
08-20-2008, 04:08 AM
i hate how in the old games you can bomb it downcourt and itll get to the player everytime on a basbeall pass. Now you cant throw past half court without it going the opposite direction out of bounds. Sure its more realistic but EVERYTIME out of bounds? Seriously...

fredv
08-20-2008, 06:33 AM
My big problem is that I just can't play with Yao. I mean the man is supposed to dominate. Yet when I'm in the paint I can't get good jumpshots from him. CMON! YOUR HUGE AND CANT PUT IN A STUPID SHOT.

I also hate the layups, on the breakaway i'd rather dunk but Rafer or Tmac just try the stupid layup and MISS IT!
I hope they improve that part of the game.

rico
08-20-2008, 09:57 PM
http://www.2ksports.com/videos/new/nba2k9/125

the part 2 of 4 trailer for 2k9. this one features iggy (first one had paul pierce)

val_modus
08-20-2008, 10:09 PM
this game pisses me off SOOO much, miss open layups and crap. this one time i just lost my mind, 4th Q im down by 2 and im making a huge comeback, pick and roll D-Wade and Shaq, i feed it to shaq on the roll, hes WIIIIIDEEEEE open with his man behind him, so he goes up and puts the ball behind his head for a layup and gets SWATTED the **** out of, i hate it soooo much

val_modus
08-20-2008, 10:10 PM
but the ability to see every play in the game and sig highlights is SICKKK, if they could have like some thing to show plays of the week and stuff it would be sick like a backstage analysis every week