PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Conference: 6th best record (6 of 8)

JordansBulls
08-19-2008, 07:59 PM
The poll for the 5th best record/5th seed is over in the Eastern conference. Click the team name for poll results. The winner of the previous polls will not be included in new polls. The order of the teams in each poll will be according to the previous poll results. After the 8th best record is determined, the seedings will be adjusted accoring to league rules.

(1) Boston (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258905) - Atlantic Division

(2) Detroit (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259509) - Central Division

(3) Orlando (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260351) - Southeast Division

(4) Philadelphia (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260865) - Atlantic Division

(5) Cleveland (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261432) - Central Division

BullsNumber1Fan
08-19-2008, 08:06 PM
I would say Toronto, but they have a great chance for injury in JO. So I am going to take a sleeper in Chicago because all they have done is get better in getting D.Rose! Analysts picked them last year as a top 3 team and now they got the #1 pick. Look at the rosters:

Chicago/Toronto
Rose < Calderon (Sligtly)
Hinrich/Gordon > Parker (No question)
Deng > Moon (Again no question)
Tyrus < Bosh (By a mile)
Gooden = JO (If JO gets injured at all)

mikedesi1004
08-19-2008, 08:20 PM
the raptors

bogdanrom
08-19-2008, 08:20 PM
I would say Toronto, but they have a great chance for injury in JO. So I am going to take a sleeper in Chicago because all they have done is get better in getting D.Rose! Analysts picked them last year as a top 3 team and now they got the #1 pick. Look at the rosters:

Chicago/Toronto
Rose < Calderon (Sligtly)
Hinrich/Gordon > Parker (No question)
Deng > Moon (Again no question)
Tyrus < Bosh (By a mile)
Gooden = JO (If JO gets injured at all)

Chicago has almost no chance of making the playoffs. There is no way they will be 6th in the East. Calderon is better than rose only slightly? :speechless::speechless:. An almost All-Star vs. a rookie. Also IMO Jo is better than Gooden too. You guys are an up and coming team in the NBA, but the last time that was said about you guys went to have a season like last year. IMO you guys are 2 years away from being in the playoffs. Also how both the Heat fans and the Bulls fans think that their rookies will turn their team around so much. Their just rookies. Plus Washington is better that you guys too, definitely.
And you said that analyst predicted you in the top 3. What happened last year?

cmellofan15
08-19-2008, 08:22 PM
I have to go with Chicago if Deng is healthy

cmellofan15
08-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Chicago has almost no chance of making the playoffs. There is no way they will be 6th in the East. Calderon is better than rose only slightly? :speechless::speechless:. An almost All-Star vs. a rookie. Also IMO Jo is better than Gooden too. You guys are an up and coming team in the NBA, but the last time that was said about you guys went to have a season like last year. IMO you guys are 2 years away from being in the playoffs. Also how both the Heat fans and the Bulls fans think that their rookies will turn their team around so much. Their just rookies. Plus Washington is better that you guys too, definitely.

Who's the almost All-Star??? :confused:

bogdanrom
08-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Who's the almost All-Star??? :confused:

It's my way of saying he kind of got snubbed last year. :p

Scheck
08-19-2008, 08:29 PM
The trio of Arenas, Jamison, and Butler has got to get the Wizards atleast the 6th spot in the East

...assuming they all stay healthy :/

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-19-2008, 08:33 PM
I am going with the Wizards, I am not sold on the Raptors. With the Wizards you have 3 guys who if all healthy are a force to be reckoned with.

Ph1lly Diehard
08-19-2008, 08:43 PM
I like the Raptors here at #6, but only if O'Neal can play 75+ games this season.

Raptors bench and Anthony Parker i'm not sold on. IF that happens #6 is my choice, and I voted for #6.

BullsNumber1Fan
08-19-2008, 08:48 PM

Ok, our team is pretty much the same as it was in 2006-2007 when we went 49-33. We add Rose and nwo we aren't a playoff team. EVERYONE on the Bulls will play like their old selves and shut the whole league up and shut you up.:mad:

KH12
08-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Chicago/Toronto, I'm leaning towards Chicago since JO7 will be sitting in a suit for the majority of the season.

torontosports10
08-19-2008, 08:54 PM
I dont know why people are not sold on Anthoney Parker?? He can shoot the ball great and is the teams 4th option. A top 3 pt shooter in the league and plays good man-to-man defense also. Moon is the one who worries me going into the year. Him and Bargs..

That said i just cant see the Raps being lower then the 6th seed in the East. Whats surprising is how much the better east is then ppl give credit for. With Toronto-Washington or vise versa as a 6-7 seed then you got some pretty good teams. That said Orlando has to repeast last year and Philly as to prove they can progress and Elton can be healthy and Lebron has to be healthy or the Cavs will fail miserably.

torontosports10
08-19-2008, 08:55 PM
How can anyone say JO will be missing more time then Elton..they are both risks so i dont see the point in using that argument.

knicks1214
08-19-2008, 08:59 PM
The Wizards ONLY if they stay healthy...they are very very very good when the ENTIRE team is healthy. If not the Wizards then the Raps.

SeoulBeatz
08-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Toronto followed by Washington,

chicago shouldnt even be in the discussion with that abymsal frontcourt of theres and unproven pg

knicks1214
08-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Why would somebody pick NJ either...they are going to be rebuilding for a while with the team they have...maybe the first pick overall (hopefully not) in this coming years draft.

Jay22Redd
08-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Raptors

Iversonfan4life
08-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Raptors.... they should have been 5, this ballot has been strange the sixers barely outvote the raptors and then the cleveland beats them by like 20 votes
very strange

MrBloop
08-19-2008, 10:28 PM
It was me!!! I voted 4 the Knicks hahahahahaha fck every1 ;)

phillyphan4ever
08-19-2008, 10:33 PM
sticking with the wiz

JordansBulls
08-19-2008, 11:56 PM
Chicago/Toronto, I'm leaning towards Chicago since JO7 will be sitting in a suit for the majority of the season.

:laugh:

still1ballin
08-20-2008, 12:04 AM
the raps!

bogdanrom
08-20-2008, 12:31 AM
Ok, our team is pretty much the same as it was in 2006-2007 when we went 49-33. We add Rose and nwo we aren't a playoff team. EVERYONE on the Bulls will play like their old selves and shut the whole league up and shut you up.:mad:

I'll shut up like Arenas shut you guys up when he hit that buzzer beater in Chicago. Look down if you don't remember.

AllTheWay
08-20-2008, 01:05 AM
Washington

IversonIsKrazy
08-20-2008, 01:13 AM
i still cant believe raps never got 5th.

Sixerlover
08-20-2008, 01:30 AM
How can anyone say JO will be missing more time then Elton..they are both risks so i dont see the point in using that argument.

Elton has had one major injury where he missed a lot of time (last summer in a freak pick-up game) while O'Neal has had MANY injuries over the past 5?+ years. Many injuries every year is injury prone, one big injury is called an accident

There is a difference. Now if Brand gets hurt this year, and again NEXT year then he'll be injury prone.

LAKERS 24/7
08-20-2008, 04:15 AM
raptors weren't bad last year. u add jo to the mix, they can only be that much better

Nexus
08-20-2008, 08:07 AM

The team is even more similar to the one that took to the courts last season.

Based on last seasons records:

Raps: 41-41, added JO
Chicago: 33-49, added Rose

soriano2008WS
08-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Raptors will be no lower than 5th

Mile High Champ
08-20-2008, 08:54 AM
Wow Toronto gets screwed once more. No love from our American brothers across the board. It beyond me how the raps did not take 4 or the 5 spot. They will prove all your wrong, no worries there.

Mile High Champ
08-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Elton has had one major injury where he missed a lot of time (last summer in a freak pick-up game) while O'Neal has had MANY injuries over the past 5?+ years. Many injuries every year is injury prone, one big injury is called an accident

There is a difference. Now if Brand gets hurt this year, and again NEXT year then he'll be injury prone.

You fail to realize that the surgery that Elton Had is difficult to come back at full strength. O'neal had minor knee surgery to repair his meniscus. I laugh how people say he will get injured again. Its not like he is coming back from a torn ACl or complete reconstructive surgery on his knee..

Mile High Champ
08-20-2008, 08:58 AM

another misinformed opinion....:mad:

_Sn1P3r_
08-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Voted for Toronto.

NYMetros
08-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Toronto is a great looking team on paper. Calderon is the real deal, all-star caliber player. He now has not only Bosh to pass the ball to, but Jermaine O'neal now, also. I expect that to make him average 10+ assists per game this season.

I'll say Toronto snags the 6th seed.

XJW18
08-20-2008, 12:55 PM
The trio of Arenas, Jamison, and Butler has got to get the Wizards atleast the 6th spot in the East

...assuming they all stay healthy :/

i agree..

yaowowrocket11
08-20-2008, 01:18 PM
I voted for the Raptors here.

RapsFan4Life
08-20-2008, 01:27 PM
raptors are better then SIXERS and WIZZZ ... Cavs should get that 4th spot, raps 5th ... then sixers and wiz and in 8th will be miami

att1114
08-20-2008, 02:43 PM
i say the raptors are in 6th

DreamShaker
08-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Well I would say go with the team who has the best player....but the Heat have like....literally no PG and no Center....so Bosh and the Raps....JO if healthy and Calderon are great compliments to Bosh.....

Nighthawk
08-20-2008, 03:06 PM
i went with the Raptors but only because if i picked anyone else my vote wouldt of counted.lol. Raptors will be the 7-8 seed. i fully expect the Wiz to get the 6 seed.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-20-2008, 05:05 PM
I think the Raptors are better then sixers, not sure why everyone is sold on either team, but I think the Raptors will have more success.

DLeeicious
08-20-2008, 05:19 PM

Dude how can you possibly say the Bulls have no chance at the playoffs?! Have you forgotten how weak the East is? Have you forgotten that the Bulls were in the playoffs two of the last three years with the same core players? I mean come on, we had a terrible season last year, but how can you possibly count us out for this year?

DLeeicious
08-20-2008, 05:19 PM
That being said, I voted for the Raptors too, as that is the purpose of this forum. I just had to vent a little.