PDA

View Full Version : Who is the better point guard?

Jetracer
08-19-2008, 03:23 PM
My Compadre and I have been going at this for quite some time now. The question posed is:

Who would be a better point guard for the lakers, Chris Paul or Tony Parker.

Now before all the haters jump on me and start saying that there ain't no way in hell we can get them blah blah blah, this is just a very very hypotethical question. I completely understand that there is no way in hell we get our greedy hands on any of them.

Thank you in advance for your participation.

Wilson
08-19-2008, 03:27 PM
It's tough to say, since neither of them would be a particularly good fit for our offense, since they both need the ball in their hands to make plays.

I would say Parker though, because of his play-off experience and defense.

KeithLBC
08-19-2008, 03:40 PM
IMO..... it would be Chris Paul.

We have enough shooters in the lineup that if Chris Paul were to distribute the ball as well as he does with the Hornets, we would be unstoppable on offense.

I think he's a little better defensively too.

MiamiHeat
08-19-2008, 04:07 PM
why ask?
you aint getting neither of them :up:

Tymathee
08-19-2008, 07:16 PM
i said parker because he's used to being second fiddle and in NO paul is #1. Parker would fit in much easier and he's a pretty good defensive point guard. This offense doesn't need a good 3 pt shooter at the PG spot, seeing as how Ron harper was so good there, all u need to do is pass well and cut to the basket which parker does well.

also, paul's play doesn't fit well in this offense and if he were on the lakers, he's turn into what payton did, just a normal point guard and nothing spectacular

NYMetros
08-19-2008, 07:17 PM
I don't think Chris Paul's need to have the ball in his hands would hinder Kobe's play at all, in fact, I think he would vastly improve Kobe's game. If they choose to leave Paul one-on-one, then he'll burn you. If you double him, then Kobe will have wide open shots.

IMO Paul is the better passer.

We haven't even got into how much Paul would help out Gasol or Odom.

Kyben36
08-19-2008, 07:35 PM
None. You dont need a Guy Who takes the ball in his hand, Unless you get rid of Kobe, which I dought. You would need a 3 pt Shooter. Like a Kirk Hinrich or Mo Williams. You dont need a guy with the Ball in his hands to make plays. Thats why you have Kobe.

Jay22Redd
08-19-2008, 09:27 PM
why ask?
you aint getting neither of them :up:

LoL

Jetracer
08-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the responses felllas, but i guess most of you sided with my compadre. He would rather have Chris Paul while I would much rather have Tony Parker.

My decision for Parker is mostly aligned with Wilson's, "I would say Parker though, because of his play-off experience and defense."

I guess I should stop giving him a hard time about it.

BigEric
08-20-2008, 02:51 AM
Crap I voted Paul thinking the question was who is better. For the Lakers I'd rather see Parker running the show, than CP, for sure.

Wilson
08-20-2008, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the responses felllas, but i guess most of you sided with my compadre. He would rather have Chris Paul while I would much rather have Tony Parker.

My decision for Parker is mostly aligned with Wilson's, "I would say Parker though, because of his play-off experience and defense."

I guess I should stop giving him a hard time about it.

:hi5:

LakerzDQ
08-21-2008, 07:15 AM
really though, Chris Paul doesn't need to have the ball at all times. Chris Paul can do everything that Tony Parker can do, plus shooting and playmaking and more offensive assets.

I would rather have Chris Paul than Tony Parker. I think CP3 and Kobe can make it work if they try. I mean, they're both amazing players who could surely adjust to make their team better.

Jay22Redd
08-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Chris Paul is better

amare#1
08-23-2008, 07:15 AM
Chris Paul hands down.