PDA

View Full Version : Ichiro

TheUltimateGM
08-19-2008, 01:43 PM
What would Boston give for Ichiro if he is traded this offseason?

Danman1116
08-19-2008, 01:52 PM
highly doubt this will ever happen

Wake's Fastball
08-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Probably nothing. Drew's locked in RF, I can't imagine they've got any problems with Bay in left, and making a move for Ichiro when Ellsbury's in center seems silly.

knittingmill
08-19-2008, 02:13 PM
the question is how much faith do we have in ellsbury.

yaowowrocket11
08-19-2008, 02:17 PM
If the Sox traded Manny and didn't get an OF in return, I would be interested, however.........Bay is the 2009 LF for the Red Sox. Ellsbury is still solid. Drew is the RF.

sboyajian
08-19-2008, 02:17 PM
the question is how much faith do we have in ellsbury.

I think Ells will be a slightly better than average hitter, with amazing baserunning and tremendous defense. I'm not concerned about having in in CF for years to come..

quiksilver2491
08-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Nothing, keep your vastly overated and overpaid player away from the Red Sox, we aren't interested. His defense is pretty bad in CF anyways, he is more of a RFer.

Towelie
08-19-2008, 03:27 PM
What would Boston give for Ichiro if he is traded this offseason?

Nothing...

The Intimidator
08-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Seattle loses 75 percent of it's fan base if they trade Ichiro, therefore it is never in their best interest to deal him away, even if they get promising players in return.

quiksilver2491
08-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Seattle loses 75 percent of it's fan base if they trade Ichiro, therefore it is never in their best interest to deal him away, even if they get promising players in return.

75%? I think not. Do you have any sources to back that up? No player, no matter how talented or popular makes up even 50% of any fan base.

ThreeIfBaerga
08-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Seattle has good fans. If the Mariners field a winning team the fans will show up. Look at the Sonics.

homie564
08-19-2008, 04:07 PM
i dont think the red sox have interest in ichiro... no need for him unless we deal ellsbury in a big trade

Snipeshow
08-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Not happening, no way, no how.

quiksilver2491
08-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Seattle has good fans. If the Mariners field a winning team the fans will show up. Look at the Sonics.

Exactly

i dont think the red sox have interest in ichiro... no need for him unless we deal ellsbury in a big trade

Again he's not a good defender in CF, he lacks the range. He still has a pretty strong arm although not quite as good as when he entered the league, but still we are locked down with Drew in RF. There is no where for him to play on this team and Theo is smart enough not to invest in Ichiro.

cocossox
08-19-2008, 07:10 PM
What would Boston give for Ichiro if he is traded this offseason?he's a good player I like him alot but he just signed a big extension to stay there ( don't ask me why he did that) so imo he very hard to trade for now.

-Lavigne43-
08-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Not going to happen ever. Way too many reasons to list why.

Barry Bonds
08-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Most overrated player in the MLB.

NESports2004
08-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Most overrated player in the MLB.

how so?

Jeter is pretty overrated at least ichiro hits 300

Greenmonster24
08-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Actually with Dice K and Okijami there Boston would be a logical place and no one this year seem to comfortable batting leadoff. Ellsbury been horrible lately and Coco doesn't like it and Lugo struggled there also. I say Ellsbury and Bowden would be the most if we feel Ellsbury never going to hit for a decent high batting average.

RedSoxtober
08-20-2008, 08:05 AM
Nothing, keep your vastly overated and overpaid player away from the Red Sox, we aren't interested. His defense is pretty bad in CF anyways, he is more of a RFer.

Again he's not a good defender in CF, he lacks the range. He still has a pretty strong arm although not quite as good as when he entered the league, but still we are locked down with Drew in RF. There is no where for him to play on this team and Theo is smart enough not to invest in Ichiro.

He's a bad CF based on what? He's got a career average Rate2 of 110 in CF, 105 in RF. Rate2 is adjusted for position so you can make comparisons in the sense that you can say that he is historically a better CF than a RF. Ichiro's average range factor in CF is 2.83. When you compare that to the league average (2.37) or our CF's (Ellsbury 2.54, Crisp 2.45) you're bad CF/poor range argument rings pretty hollow.

I am not arguing to get him. At 34 I don't think I want his contract over what Ellsbury could grow into but I can still see why he is a very attractive CF option.

lil'papi
08-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Exactly

Didn't he win a GG last year in CF? He lacks range? Are you kidding me......how many stolen bases does this lack of range guy have? He has a GREAT arm used to be cannon like.

That said, no we don't need him. I wanted him last year.

We need more pop. We need to lengthen the linup one more good hitter. Right now we are six-seven deep we need to be 8 deep. That makes life miserable for pitchers. No relief till Tek bats. :p

futureheisman
08-20-2008, 03:46 PM
porbably ellsbury and bowden

Humongo
08-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Stop making these threads. This is like the 4th he's made. He's not even a Mariner fan (doesn't post in the M's forum anyways) so I'm not sure what his obsession with what the M's do with Ichiro is about.

y2shoes
08-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Ichiro was up for trade I think the Red sox's would go after him, as we now see Drew does get hurt and another year he will be even more likely to get hurt again. Ichiro would give us that Arm in the outfield that would resemble Dewey!!!! Plus who would be better to teach Ellsbury how to be a great lead off hitter. Ichiro is awesome and I think red soxs nation would love him. But of course i dont see it happening but heck if the mariners wanted some junk in return I am sure the soxs could come up with someone junk players to give up.
But unfortunately I dont see it happening.

Tarheelguy1967
08-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Would love to have Ichiro and his bat on the team. He'd make a great leadoff hitter in our lineup, and I really think for the Sox to be the dominant team again, they are going to have to add a solid bat to go w/ Ortiz, Bay, Youk and Pedrioa. But, not sure this post will have any "legs" because it simply won't happen for all the reasons others have said.

Barry Bonds
08-21-2008, 04:04 AM
porbably ellsbury and bowden

Probably not....

He is overrated. Not a great OBP....Only hits singles....Never walks....Horrinle slg%....horrible OPS....

RedSoxtober
08-21-2008, 08:56 AM
Probably not....

He is overrated. Not a great OBP....Only hits singles....Never walks....Horrinle slg%....horrible OPS....

.378 career OBP is "not great"?

117 OPS+ for his career and 104 for the season is "horrible"? I guess the league sucks then...

lil'papi
08-21-2008, 09:25 AM

117 OPS+ for his career and 104 for the season is "horrible"? I guess the league sucks then...

Someone obviously doesn't like him. That or this is Ellsbury's girlfriend writing in........:p

lil'papi
08-21-2008, 09:32 AM
262 hits in one season sucks too. 56 SB is horrendous. Averages ~ get this JD Drew fans~ 680 AB's a year.

He averages 110 runs + per year.

He's is over rated.

Osiagledknarf
08-22-2008, 12:59 AM
Why is it that every week there is a new thread suggesting that the Red Sox do something to somehow get some other big name outfielder that we neither need nor have room for?

Matt Holliday...Vladimir Guerrero...Ichiro...I guarantee there's going to be an Adam Dunn thread and a Bobby Abreu thread soon. Guarantee.

Barry Bonds
08-22-2008, 03:35 AM

It's pretty clear he's on the decline. He is overrated anyway you wanna look at it. He ONLY hits singles. That's not something I want on my team. If you think he's a top OF, good for you, but you have to brush up on your baseball knowledge.

RedSoxtober
08-22-2008, 08:33 AM
It's pretty clear he's on the decline. He is overrated anyway you wanna look at it. He ONLY hits singles. That's not something I want on my team. If you think he's a top OF, good for you, but you have to brush up on your baseball knowledge.

Put in my place after nine posts. Nice.

Osiagledknarf
08-23-2008, 11:20 AM
I think it's funny that a guy with the tag "Barry Bonds" is griping about declining, waste of time, aging outfielders. Interesting, to say the least.

Also..."you have to brush up on your baseball knowledge"? What? That was...arrogant, at best. Not that the number of posts someone has necessarily correlates to how knowledgable they are...but you've got 14. He's got over 6,000. The sheer volume of his posts alone would suggest he has a decent working knowledge.

I don't really think Ichiro would be a great upgrade in anyway for the Red Sox at this point though. I'm not interested in adding Ichiro at all.

However, I do think he's an dynamic, game-changing ballplayer. Additionally, he says some straight-up weeeeeird, super entertaining stuff.

lil'papi
08-24-2008, 08:57 AM

HUH, you might want to look up http://www.baseball-reference.com/s/suzukic01.shtml and look over Mr. washed up stats. Show me the decline....please. Then insult me I'm used to it.:D

He might be on a slight decline , but he is light years better than our leadoff guy this year. And Barry ' I like our leadoff guy.

You can't determine decline by one year. Did you expect him to get 262 ----get that---262 hits every year. He is durable like a DIEHARD.

I don't want him at his cost now though. I love him....singles , steals second= double.

lil'papi
08-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Put in my place after nine posts. Nice.

Take that MR. MASTERS degree! :p

lil'papi
08-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Why is it that every week there is a new thread suggesting that the Red Sox do something to somehow get some other big name outfielder that we neither need nor have room for?

Matt Holliday...Vladimir Guerrero...Ichiro...I guarantee there's going to be an Adam Dunn thread and a Bobby Abreu thread soon. Guarantee.

I only want Holliday...:D

Can someone start a Holliday thread please. :smoking:

Osiagledknarf
08-24-2008, 07:34 PM
Haha...sigh.

bagwell368
08-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Ichiro? Fading player.

No walks, no power, the GG glitter is off the rose, and he'll cost us what a year vs Ellsbury? Even if Ellsbury is a .250/.330/.365 30 SB player - which BTW is just a tad under average at CF, we get another 10 million to spend on a pitcher.

NO.